Anyone else tired of the VC yet?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
You have every right to your own opinion about this, and i am just explaining mine. But to be honest i am so fed up with hoping beyond hope that every monday there might be a chance that a good game will show up. But monday after monday i have been disappointed to the point that i just dont care anymore. Has anyone else reached this point of frustration? I know there are some games that people will like because they owned a Turbo Grafix, or a Neo Geo, but i know that the majority of people have never even heard of these systems before the vc came out with them. these people im talking about are the casual gamers that ninty is trying too hard to reach. So why do they think that giving these crap games a second chance will make anyone who didn't purchase them the first time around change their minds??? its ridiculous! Anyways share your thoughts on the subject. and dont flame me because there are hundreds of these topics already. though i doubt saying that will change anything.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 parksits
btw, i know SSB is probably coming out right before SSBB, but iwhy would we want to play a game like SSB when the greatest sequel of all time will be sure to come out like a week later!!! im saving my money for brawl, and id rather not play ithe first one, even though it was a great game in its time. All i want is chrono trigger, and Super Mario RPG, then i will be completely satisfied with the vc. edit: and majora's mask!!
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
I don't check the channel each week any more, just like I don't use the Votes channel or Contest channel. I just rely on this forum to tell me if anything big has been released
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I bought Turbografx games because I didn't own the console and I don't remember seeing one in Quebec in the early 90s.

Does it make me a casual gamer? Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm planning to buy at least 2 Neo Geo games: Top Hunter and Blue's Journey. I never owned a Neo Geo and the first time I saw that console it was 2 years ago at the Arcadia Festival. Unlike you, I make my researches. I'm planning to support the Sega Master System games. Another console that I never owned or played.

By the way, I'll have 23 VC games soon. You have like 1-2 VC games. I think I'm more hardcore than you.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
I don't really have much to say but here goes and don't flame me for this but to be honest my PS3 at the moment is keeping me busy while my Wii is collecting dust. after I beaten SMG and collect all 242 stars for both mario and luigi I haven't touch my Wii ever since. now back on topic , every monday I have to be hoping if either kirby superstar , kirby dreamland 3 , kirby 64 the crystal shards or starfox on snes would make it on vc but sadly they haven't arrived yet. so I'm thinking what the hell is nintendo doing not release atleast one good game per month atleast release those four games I just named per month so they could get it out the way why couldn't they do it that way? and yeah I'm starting to get fed up on vc too. when SSBB arrive I won't have to worry about vc for a while.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
goldeneye 007 for the n64 needs to be out soon or im gonna scream. it isnt already is it? i havent checked in a couple weeks..
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 parksits

I bought Turbografx games because I didn't own the console and I don't remember seeing one in Quebec in the early 90s.

Does it make me a casual gamer? Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm planning to buy at least 2 Neo Geo games: Top Hunter and Blue's Journey. I never owned a Neo Geo and the first time I saw that console it was 2 years ago at the Arcadia Festival. Unlike you, I make my researches. I'm planning to support the Sega Master System games. Another console that I never owned or played.

By the way, I'll have 23 VC games soon. You have like 1-2 VC games. I think I'm more hardcore than you.

chris3116
how do you figure that i only have 1 or 2 vc games? those are just the ones i want, i have like 15. maybe you have tons of money to blow on games, but i dont so i will only spend money on good games that i know about, if i research a game and someone sayd its cool and i buy it but i dont like it then that sucks for me, so im only going to buy the good ones i know about, same with 90% of the wii owners.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 parksits
goldeneye 007 for the n64 needs to be out soon or im gonna scream. it isnt already is it? i havent checked in a couple weeks..tgh93_29
sorry man but i dont think goldeneye will be coming to any new consol, if you want to play it, it'll have to be on a 64. thats nintendo's fault/ rares, for being bought out.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Please don't think that your personal tastes apply to the rest of the users

Have a nice day

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts
i already own a lot of the vc games. if they added some new features and updated the grafix and supported online play like xbox arcade does, i would gladly dish out 10 dollars a game.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I'm a bit frustrated that they haven't released Donkey Kong 64 or Majora's Mask yet. But I still like it. I was surprised today when I saw that they had released Donkey Kong Country 3, I really like that game.
JonDohJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JonDohJersey
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

I dont keep up with them and I check at the end of the month

it works of me

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
Does it really matter? Does it? As long as the Wii is supported (5+ years I'm sure), VC games will come out and eventually there will be 1000's of titles, with all the favorites released. Be patient!
greenghost123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 greenghost123
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

You have every right to your own opinion about this, and i am just explaining mine. But to be honest i am so fed up with hoping beyond hope that every monday there might be a chance that a good game will show up. But monday after monday i have been disappointed to the point that i just dont care anymore. Has anyone else reached this point of frustration? I know there are some games that people will like because they owned a Turbo Grafix, or a Neo Geo, but i know that the majority of people have never even heard of these systems before the vc came out with them. these people im talking about are the casual gamers that ninty is trying too hard to reach. So why do they think that giving these crap games a second chance will make anyone who didn't purchase them the first time around change their minds??? its ridiculous! Anyways share your thoughts on the subject. and dont flame me because there are hundreds of these topics already. though i doubt saying that will change anything.parksits

I can see why someone would be fed up with the VC (even though I don't have a wii) they keep on releasing these 'out dated' games, meaning that they'll release games like madden '00 which has been surpassed by every madden game released since and Super Street Fighter with Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo being superior (Yes I do realize there wasn't a SS2T released for a Nintendo console, but that doesn't change the fact that SS2 is inferior) or games nobody cared for in the first place, some would say that the VC is really meant to purchase games you never had the chance to play, but once again most if not all of these games have had a succesor that is simply better than it (SMG>SM64) so we really just play them for nostalgia. And another reason why someone would be frustrated with the VC is because it doesn't have an enchanced version of a game, face it, you know you want to play Goldeneye with better graphics online.

Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
i never use them becuase I have no points
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I don't check the channel each week any more, just like I don't use the Votes channel or Contest channel. I just rely on this forum to tell me if anything big has been releasedhazbazz
I do the exact same thing...
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I still check every week. I say to myself, "maybe this is the week they release Mario RPG." It's not as if they haven't put any good games on the VC. For a long time I was saying, "maybe this is the week they release Super Metroid." Eventually it was on there.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kenakuma

I still check every week. I say to myself, "maybe this is the week they release Mario RPG." It's not as if they haven't put any good games on the VC. For a long time I was saying, "maybe this is the week they release Super Metroid." Eventually it was on there.

aransom

really waiting for mario rpg and earthbound since i never got to play those games in the past.

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...awptimistic

Because the greatest games of all time are worth playing over and over and over.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#21 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I like it.It gives me the chance to play old Nintendo games I have nevr played before. I have never played Super Mario RPG and hope it's avilabe for download soon but the Wii Ware games are coming soon.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 parksits

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...Jaysonguy

Because the greatest games of all time are worth playing over and over and over.

what he said...
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
well.. i`m ok like this... i would not be able to afford no even 1 good game per week...
As long as they release one of teh game I want per month i`m ok.. hey I even have games of VC that have not had the time to go around them... so :D
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...Jaysonguy

Also, many wii owners are new gamers or young gamers that never got a chance to play some of the great games, so the vc gives them that opportunity.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]goldeneye 007 for the n64 needs to be out soon or im gonna scream. it isnt already is it? i havent checked in a couple weeks..parksits
sorry man but i dont think goldeneye will be coming to any new consol, if you want to play it, it'll have to be on a 64. thats nintendo's fault/ rares, for being bought out.

I think they are porting it to the xbox live arcade with online play. I'm not sure if they'll be able to get it to the virtual console though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...AdRock92

Also, many wii owners are new gamers or young gamers that never got a chance to play some of the great games, so the vc gives them that opportunity.

awptimistic: for me... the chance of being able to own and play what I had to sell in the past is priceless.... if I can ask... when did you start playing?? what console??

If it was with NES, master system, even SNES generation, you do not have no even one game that you cherish and would love to have and play again... over...and over...again :oops:

well that is me.... :oops:

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kenakuma

[QUOTE="parksits"][QUOTE="tgh93_29"]goldeneye 007 for the n64 needs to be out soon or im gonna scream. it isnt already is it? i havent checked in a couple weeks..AdRock92

I think they are porting it to the xbox live arcade with online play. I'm not sure if they'll be able to get it to the virtual console though.

dont forget updated HD graphic's and new features such as acheivments, voice chat, and leaderboards all along with online play!

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 awptimistic
I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii.
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 awptimistic
hey now that i think about it. so many people are hipocrits. they say that we dont need a dvd player of some sort in the wii because we already have a dvd player. and they could just plug that in and watch a dvd. Yet people still buy VC games which they already have...
ugotplayed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ugotplayed64
Member since 2003 • 382 Posts
[QUOTE="AdRock92"]

[QUOTE="parksits"][QUOTE="tgh93_29"]goldeneye 007 for the n64 needs to be out soon or im gonna scream. it isnt already is it? i havent checked in a couple weeks..kenakuma

dont forget updated HD graphic's and new features such as acheivments, voice chat, and leaderboards all along with online play!

actually that was going to happen but nintendo said no because they own the rights to that specific game, even though rare did make it. so look forward to seeing it on the VC way before xbox live arcade

Tokaylegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tokaylegend
Member since 2006 • 84 Posts
yes its nice to see other people that want to see mario rpg come out. that is the one game i will get because i never did quite finish it every time i started playing it.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aransom
I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii. awptimistic
You got an Atari 2600 after you got a SNES??
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...awptimistic

why there great like.

Super Mario Bros. that games kicks a*s

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 awptimistic

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii. aransom

yea cuz my cousins were moving and they didnt want it anymore so i just took it lol.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aransom

[QUOTE="aransom"][QUOTE="awptimistic"]I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii. awptimistic

yea cuz my cousins were moving and they didnt want it anymore so i just took it lol.

That makes sense. I had this image of someone going along in 1993 saying, "yeah, Super Mario World was great and all, but I really want to play Combat so I'm buying an Atari 2600!"
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 awptimistic
[QUOTE="awptimistic"]

[QUOTE="aransom"][QUOTE="awptimistic"]I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii. aransom

That makes sense. I had this image of someone going along in 1993 saying, "yeah, Super Mario World was great and all, but I really want to play Combat so I'm buying an Atari 2600!"

LOL i wouldnt buy that stuff even for $5

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
I'm not sick of the VC yet. It was a huge factor in why I bought a Wii. I've got over 20 games so far, I'm a little more selective now, but there are a ton of games to be released that I'd still love to play.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I'm not tired of the VC yet.....I'm just annoyed. The only thing I really use the VC for is to buy those old NES games that give me a sense of nostalgia. There are a few NES games that haven't even touched the VC that I am reeeealllly waiting on. One of them being one of my favorite games ever, BurgerTime.

The day that Nintendo actually starts providing a steady flow of great games on the VC is the day that I will start buying more.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
VC has been pretty boring for me lately, haven't bought anything for a while. I'm still waiting for games like Majoras Mask and DK64 to come.
taxman1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 taxman1965
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

The old games are sometimes better than the new ones. Sometimes, great game play and old-school fun win over on the cutting-edge graphics that the new consoles offer.

I love VC: I've already downloaded 4 games and plan on downloading more.

uzevx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 uzevx
Member since 2006 • 476 Posts

AND because some people dont own the old classic games...

VC is a chance to relive or experience old classic titles

jknight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jknight99
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i recently e-mailed nintendo about majoro's mask and got nowhere. they said no plans to release but keep checking. v/c needs to release a good title soon
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
yes! i have 1000 wii points waiting to be used on a game worth buying! such as donkey kong 64 or something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I started off with the SNES then got a atari 2600 & a 5200 uhh i know that i got Genesis and Master System somewhere between my 2600 and 5200. Then i got a ps1, then n64 and dreamcast. Then i got xbox and ps2. now i have a wii. awptimistic

wow... soooo nice... i would have love an atari.... And wow you would not like any old-school back to your collection :shock: Well you are intitle (I really need to learn how to write that) to you opinion, it just surprised me :oops: You seem like a true old-schooler

hey now that i think about it. so many people are hipocrits. they say that we dont need a dvd player of some sort in the wii because we already have a dvd player. and they could just plug that in and watch a dvd. Yet people still buy VC games which they already have...awptimistic

that is not being hipocrits, hipocrits are ppl that say they do not need/do something when they actually do it, but for this you need same/similar circunstance.

I have a dvd player that I do not even have to plug in, is alwasy plug as my wii and ps2. (and even that i barely use, bc i use my laptop)

I buy VC but I do not have them

And ppl that do have them, still get it....well... Some bc now they can sell the original one (some cost quite a good amount of cash)... Others are backing up their, after all a cartrige can damage any time...... Others are getting the VC game, bc even thus they have the original (that they have pry not sell bc are collectors or nostalgic attach..) but they do not have a NES, SNES console working (or a third parrty of these)

now of course, some may be just hipocrits or something similar... :P

I'm not sick of the VC yet. It was a huge factor in why I bought a Wii. I've got over 20 games so far, I'm a little more selective now, but there are a ton of games to be released that I'd still love to play.gwarlito

same here :) thus I have being selective since day one.. I did not wanted to get broke, but I do have around 15 games + ninja turtle that my bro wanted :?

The last game I got was mid Dic thus... and the ONE i`m waiting for are castlevania game... specially CV III!!! :)

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tokyo90

i recently e-mailed nintendo about majoro's mask and got nowhere. they said no plans to release but keep checking. v/c needs to release a good title soonjknight99

I did the same thing with kirby dreamland 3 , kirby superstar or kirby 64 and got the same answer from them. sometimes I think they don't even read people e-mails and that was my third try.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="jknight99"]i recently e-mailed nintendo about majoro's mask and got nowhere. they said no plans to release but keep checking. v/c needs to release a good title soonTokyo90

I did the same thing with kirby dreamland 3 , kirby superstar or kirby 64 and got the same answer from them. sometimes I think they don't even read people e-mails and that was my third try.

if you at some point checked/selected a VC option to send your email (e.g. request a VC game, asking for update..or something like that).. no, they pry do not read it, they have an automatic reply, one tat is polite and would keep fans happy. :oops: (imo)

Most big company have this system...can you image taht they read all email of this... If you want to check on this.. just send the email asking for a already release game (if you do not ask by checking a box, but typing. Bc if is checking it send the email tru a different auto system) if you get the same email, then you know... :)

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tokyo90
[QUOTE="Tokyo90"]

[QUOTE="jknight99"]i recently e-mailed nintendo about majoro's mask and got nowhere. they said no plans to release but keep checking. v/c needs to release a good title soonchang_1910

if you at some point checked/selected a VC option to send your email (e.g. request a VC game, asking for update..or something like that).. no, they pry do not read it, they have an automatic reply, one tat is polite and would keep fans happy. :oops: (imo)

Most big company have this system...can you image taht they read all email of this... If you want to check on this.. just send the email asking for a already release game (if you do not ask by checking a box, but typing. Bc if is checking it send the email tru a different auto system) if you get the same email, then you know... :)

I realize that on my third try and thats why I don't even bother e-mailing nintendo anymore.

Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

Let me guess, you are sick because they didn't release The Legend of Super Metroid Smash Kart: Kirby's Mask RPG yet?

The VC is a great thing for the real retro gamers out there. I cannot wait for some of the rarer games to be released. I want to replay a lot of KOEI games and a lot of ENIX games (and a bunch of random games *that means you Paladin's Quest(SNES) and Pinball Quest (NES)*) .

You know, you probably only care for the games you want... You do release some games are quite expensive? A quick look on Ebay and most Ogre Battle cartridge sells for 50-60$ (also in gaming stores they end up selling for a lot more, one shop told if he gets one in stock he prices it at 100$ because he knows it will sell...).

Yet you insist that games that are easy to find like Majora's mask and Kirby storytime and Metroid: The new samus adventures get released every week?

In all honesty, I haven't even had time to play all the VC games I wanted to... Shinning Force? No time... Shinning in the Darkness? No time... BoF2? No time... Super Metroid? No time... Adventures of Lolo? No time... Shinobi? No time... :(

Unless you game 70hours/week, you are just a whiny fanboy. If you have finished all these great games, I tip my hat to you sir, you truly are a great gamer.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aransom

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...taxman1965

The old games are sometimes better than the new ones. Sometimes, great game play and old-school fun win over on the cutting-edge graphics that the new consoles offer.

I love VC: I've already downloaded 4 games and plan on downloading more.

There's been a trend for games to get shorter and easier over time. Playing old games reminds us of how they used to be. Naturally, not every old game is worth playing today.
Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts

Naturally, not every old game is worth playing today.aransom

The same goes for new games also! ;)