Anyone else tired of the VC yet?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
if there arent any good new ones coming out, look at all the ones that have aleready come out and download one of those. I just got kirby's adventure and ninja gaiden 2 yesterday and theyre both awesome.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

i never really understood why people are going BACK to the old games...awptimistic

Because many people, like me, haven't played some excellent titles that came long ago. If you want to consider yourself a fan of a series, you need to know its origin. It also makes you a more hardcore gamer. Hardcore gamers play all kind of games.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
It frustrate me some times, when I see the games coming every monday and realize that weren't what I expected. But I'm still hoping for some great games to come.
vivi2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 vivi2000
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

The VC is a great feature, and was of great importance in me getting a Wii. Nintendo knows about gaming, knows were it came from, the good classics will come with time, just be patient. But N did a great job with the VC thus far, (games aren't coming so quickly but the VC will be there even in a few years when the new console will come out) it let's me play the games I couldn't buy on my NES or SNES, for instance I bought Lolo which I didn't knew and I'm really having a lot of fun. But the most important it's that it let me play with consoles that I didn't have being a kid like the Master System, Megadrive and the most important the Neo Geo. In the period of the SNES the Neo Geo was like the rolls royce of console gaming, I wanted one but it was too expensive and I already had the SNES ( my number 1 console, even today I love her more than my PS3, yeah I'm a sentimentalist). Anyway, what I wanted to say is that N is doing a great job with the VC letting us play not only with the nintendo consoles but also with the sega ones and the neo geo. So be patient, it's a question of time before your games come out.

And for those asking for majora's mask, you can find a GC version and it shouldn't be too expensive.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I look forward to it every week. What's not to like? You get a chance to play games that you have never experienced.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
I thought nintendo had said it would be like 5 games a week? this 1 game a week sucks, especially when with the amount of consoles available for them. And the NES gets most of them.
gigamouse510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 gigamouse510
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
there is lot of game to buy i still have not got lots of good games and still some to be relased
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

I don't know how you can be "tired" of something that is completely optional. Nintendo did not have to release any of these classic games at all. We should be glad that we have another chance to play these great games.

Now, yes, some of these games are not going to appeal to everyone. However, that doesn't mean that EVERYONE is going to hate them. I'm sure a lot of people are buying some of these games because of pure nostalga, which is great. Nothing beats replaying a game from the past, even if it is very inferior to the games of today, or better games from the past.

On Nintendo's side, it would be stupid for them to release all the great games all at once. By releasing their best games slowly it creates more of a demand and therefore more of a profit. Sure, you could make an argument that "well, everyone who wants the games are going to buy them anyways!" but that's not necessarily the case. If Nintendo releases them periodically, it means that gamer's are saving their points to buy these games, instead of having to choose between some great titles.

Anyways, Nintendo is doing a great job with the VC both on the consumer satisfaction front and the financial front, so I don't think we should be complaining. Be happy for what we get, and realize that all (or, at least most) of the great games will come eventually - it's just a matter of time.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

The Virtual Console is great, just a few dollars overpriced for some systems. The only one I dont think is overpriced is the N64 games, I think they're a decent value.

Also, they need more third party character based games, like the old Disney classic games, or Bugs Bunny games. Those were the best as a kid.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

I don't think too many casual gamers are going to but Neo Geo games.

The whole VC really, when you think about it, is for the "hardcore gamers", so they can relive the games they loved.

jaycromer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 jaycromer12
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

I don't know if I'd say I'm tired of the VC yet, but I am frustrated. I'm not frustrated by the release schedule, which is a logical trickle out method of releasing the games, though I do crave a few that aren't yet available (who doesn't). What I am tired of is buying older games and then realizing they suck. I downloaded Street Fighter 2, which is slow and generally terrible to play. Star Fox 64 is okay, but not the blast I remember it being. Actraiser was so highly recommended that I felt compelled to try it out, and the game is decent at best. I won't be bothered with trying to finish it.

So what I'm tired of is blind buying games and relying upon nostalgic memories or nostalgic reviews to determine purchases. Nintendo needs to take a note from XBLA and have some form of demo system. Maybe a one time download with 15 or 30 minutes of play time for free, so we can see if we actually want the game. Its not enough to satisfy a gamer who actually likes the game, but enough to tell if you probably should save the points.

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#62 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
I don't go on weekly to see what new games are released. When I get points I spend them as soon as I can play when I get home, and I look for games that appeal to me.