Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SevenzFlow
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

Kicked off The Shield's third season. This show is really starting to kick into gear now. Really good stuff.

jg4xchamp

is this on netflix?

Sadly not on instant stream.

sighhhh oh well 

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

528953_446454872050638_71620815_n.jpg Goodbye Liver. jg4xchamp

So it's basically a power hour. :D

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Pretty much.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkIPwx7_6Vg

Totally relevant.  

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

3.5 seasons and some nervous hand-wringing in about six months!

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 110million

3.5 seasons and some nervous hand-wringing in about six months!

Slow_Show

Praise the sun.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jg4xchamp
Cold move on Don's part.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Slow_Show

Almost as cold and unlikable as January Jones's acting.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Some great lines in that episode. "I feel bad for you." - Ginsberg. "I dont think about you at all." - Don, leaves elevator. "How jewish are they? I mean fiddler on the roof, cast or audience?" "They want the work to be cheap, surprise, and also..." "I gotta start carrying around less cash..."
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Slow_Show

"I forgot you, and then I saw you in the New York Times Sunday magazine"

Alexis Blidel could very well be worse than January Jones, but that line reading coupled with the fact it is exactly the kind of thing Pete would fantasize about was great.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ninja-Hippo
I also love how Betty has literally become a character for the audience to bully and laugh at. "Lolz, now she has an eating disorder. Ha, your attempt to upset Don failed, now you're eating a twinkie. Lolz, your life sucks."
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jg4xchamp
I thought the parallel of her husband(what the hell is his name?) saying I bet on the wrong horse, and her obviously picking the wrong dude was kind of corny. Oh and Sally continues to be proof that little kids are rarely good on tv shows, especially little girls. That little b1tch deserved a smack right across the face. That's how you know she's not the daughter of a minority family. F*cking white people.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#113 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

This was a good episode otherwise slightly plagued by Janurary Jones and the guy who plays Francis. Seriously, they're the most uninteresting characters on the show. Less is more here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jg4xchamp
Sally is just as bad.

SALLY IS JUST AS BAD.

Throw her into that group.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Slow_Show

I don't mind Sally. She was a little overused this episode (which was the worst in a while for the show), but I don't find Kiernan Shipka annoying and Sally's role as a link between Don and Betty as well as more of a thematic link between the optimism of childhood and bullsh*t of adulthood are kinda important to the show (and naturally she's gonne be kind of a brat with parents like hers).

Henry's problem is more a byproduct of January Jones ruining everything than anything else. He's a good enough actor and an inoffensive enough character, it's just the only times you see him are opposite Jones and in the Adam's Family house.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ninja-Hippo
Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jg4xchamp
Haven't seen it, but let me guess. You still don't get to see who the mother is?
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 SevenzFlow

Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place. Ninja-Hippo

Ninja how I met your mother is the greatest thing on tv. 

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#119 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Sally is just as bad.

SALLY IS JUST AS BAD.

Throw her into that group. jg4xchamp
Nah, I like Sally all things considered. Her presence doesn't frustrate me nearly as much as the other two do, however in this recent episode she was a little annoying with her attitude regarding Anna. But you can blame that on Betty being a bit*h.

On an unrelated note, I finished season 3 of The Shield last night. Easily the best one so far.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place. SevenzFlow

I enjoy it very much, never miss an episode, but i do think it has had a meandering quality to it over the last couple of seasons and that finale didn't help.
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place. Ninja-Hippo

I enjoy it very much, never miss an episode, but i do think it has had a meandering quality to it over the last couple of seasons and that finale didn't help.

I thought it was excellent, it would be dumb for producers to end a successful 2-3 seasons early.

Besides as long as Barney still being awesome I have no prob.

Ted on the other hand is annoying 

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

SevenzFlow

I thought it was excellent, it would be dumb for producers to end a successful 2-3 seasons early.

I'm not even saying we should know who the mother is, it just feels like they are making it up as they go along. I'm sure most shows do this, but some shows (like Lost, for instance) have a bad vibe running through them where it feels like the writers are writing each episode an hour before they shoot it.
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

Ninja-Hippo

I'm not even saying we should know who the mother is, it just feels like they are making it up as they go along. I'm sure most shows do this, but some shows (like Lost, for instance) have a bad vibe running through them where it feels like the writers are writing each episode an hour before they shoot it.

really? I dont' get that feeling at all

it feels like the Directrors already know how they want to end the show and with who, they are just trying to get more episodes out of the sereis though  

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 110million
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] I'm not even saying we should know who the mother is, it just feels like they are making it up as they go along. I'm sure most shows do this, but some shows (like Lost, for instance) have a bad vibe running through them where it feels like the writers are writing each episode an hour before they shoot it. SevenzFlow

it feels like the Directrors already know how they want to end the show and with who, they are just trying to get more episodes out of the sereis though  

Yes, and that padding is 'making it up as they go along'.  

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 110million

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place. SevenzFlow

That would be Breaking Bad son, HIMYM isn't even the best comedy on TV right now, that's Community. :)  

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] I'm not even saying we should know who the mother is, it just feels like they are making it up as they go along. I'm sure most shows do this, but some shows (like Lost, for instance) have a bad vibe running through them where it feels like the writers are writing each episode an hour before they shoot it. 110million

Yes, and that padding is 'making it up as they go along'.  

the office is making it up as they go along

how I met your mother is, "man thisishis good 

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Any thoughts on how i met your mother finale? I thought the ending was weak. It's always had a 'making it up as they go alone' vibe to it, but i think it's starting to get especially all over the place. 110million

That would be Breaking Bad son, HIMYM isn't even the best comedy on TV right now, that's Community. :)  

that is subjective,

and the jury rest it's case 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 110million

SevenzFlow

That is because when you work in an office, it's different all the time. It isn't called "How I got fired from my office job", because then we would expect to see episodes LEADING to that event, and then the meaningless stuff would be padding, like it is in HIMYM. 

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

110million

That is because when you work in an office, it's different all the time. It isn't called "How I got fired from my office job", because then we would expect to see episodes LEADING to that event, and then the meaningless stuff would be padding, like it is in HIMYM. 

HIMYM>the office

the office uses padding, the directors even said they were making up ish as they went(the actors are getting tired of the show also) 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 110million
[QUOTE="110million"]

SevenzFlow

that is subjective,

Nope, Community continues to pump out original episodes with unique scenerios, HIMYM is on an endless loop fueled by money and not writer creativity. GUYS, GUYS, OH MY GOD LOL, HE SAID, LEGEN WAIT FOR IT, DARY LOOOOOOOOOOOL. 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 110million
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

SevenzFlow

HIMYM>the office

the office uses padding, the directors even said they were making up ish as they went(the actors are getting tired of the show also) 

British Office > HIMYM  > American Office

And it's hilarious that you think the padding in The Office is any worse than in HIMYM, they are equally made up on the spot, 95% of the events in HIMYM have nothing to do with how he met their mother, therefore padding.  

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="110million"]

110million

that is subjective,

Nope, Community continues to pump out original episodes with unique scenerios, HIMYM is on an endless loop fueled by money and not writer creativity. GUYS, GUYS, OH MY GOD LOL, HE SAID, LEGEN WAIT FOR IT, DARY LOOOOOOOOOOOL. 

Community is still on its third season, of course it is going to be original compared to the big boys like The office, HIMYM, and ect.. 

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

110million

HIMYM>the office

British Office > HIMYM  > American Office

And it's hilarious that you think the padding in The Office is any worse than in HIMYM, they are equally made up on the spot, 95% of the events in HIMYM have nothing to do with how he met their mother, therefore padding.  

HIMYM>American office> British office

so you admit to the padding in the office then? good :) 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 110million

SevenzFlow

Of course I do, I never said otherwise. Its because it's a s*** show too, just like HIMYM is now. 

Funny that you complain about padding, but that is exactly what the British Office had none of. British shows are the right length and end before they run out of material, which HIMYM did after the first couple seasons anyway.  

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"]

110million

Of course I do, I never said otherwise. Its because it's a s*** show too, just like HIMYM is now. 

Funny that you complain about padding, but that is exactly what the British Office had none of. British shows are the right length and end before they run out of material, which HIMYM did after the first couple seasons anyway.  

I was going to respond with a nice decent reply until I got to your love affair with Brithish Office and I loled

tumblr_lq3arxd8y01r06ud5o1_500.gif

you are a little too agressive lol 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 110million
It's okay to be a simpleton. 
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 SevenzFlow

It's okay to be a simpleton. 110million

tumblr_lq3arxd8y01r06ud5o1_500.gif

you mad? 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jg4xchamp

The Office sucks. Any version of it sucks.

How I Met Your Mother is fine for a formulaic by the book sitcom, but at this point its routine has run mad stale. Barney actually dating a broad defeats the purpose of that character. Which is him scamming b1tches left, right, and center and being the crazy out there character for the show. The Aww Lilly and Marshall are a cute couple thing hardly has any new wrinkles in it. Ted's just been either too douchy, or just hard to care for since they keep delaying the mom. It's been what 7 seasons?

The show has given its audience very little payoff, and the last few seasons has took advantage of the audiences love for the characters. By killing Marshall's dad, and bringing in Barney's dad for some of the saddest episodes the show has ever had. So kudos to them on that I guess, but other than that they've fallen off pretty hard compared to their early seasons when all the gags were fresh.

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SevenzFlow

How I Met Your Mother is fine for a formulaic by the book sitcom, but at this point its routine has run mad stale. Barney actually dating a broad defeats the purpose of that character. Which is him scamming b1tches left, right, and center and being the crazy out there character for the show. The Aww Lilly and Marshall are a cute couple thing hardly has any new wrinkles in it. Ted's just been either too douchy, or just hard to care for since they keep delaying the mom. It's been what 7 seasons?

The show has given its audience very little payoff, and the last few seasons has took advantage of the audiences love for the characters. By killing Marshall's dad, and bringing in Barney's dad for some of the saddest episodes the show has ever had. So kudos to them on that I guess, but other than that they've fallen off pretty hard compared to their early seasons when all the gags were fresh.

jg4xchamp

You should of used spoiler warnings not every body watched the show, you first paragraph can be argued by "they are growing up"

if you are a fan every show has moment that make it memorable hence the freshness.

It all boils down to how much you like HIMYM

and dafuq if you don't like the office you got more problems on your hand than a woman 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

SevenzFlow

You should of used spoiler warnings not every body watched the show, you first paragraph can be argued by "they are growing up"

if you are a fan every show has moment that make it memorable hence the freshness.

and dafuq if you don't like the office you got more problems on your hand than a woman

No. Ted hasn't really grown up, as much as he's been the same person. The only ones that's had any real change since season 1 are Barney, and maybe to a degree Robin.

No sh1t

The Office is boring.The British one is a little better, but meh. I'd rather watch Extras for a Ricky Gervais fix.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 110million

I'd rather watch Extras for a Ricky Gervais fix.

jg4xchamp

This I can agree with 1000%, Extras is much better.  

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Ninja-Hippo
Did anyone watch Life's Too Short? It doesn't have much Ricky in it, but it's hilarious.
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 SevenzFlow

[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

jg4xchamp

No. Ted hasn't really grown up, as much as he's been the same person. The only ones that's had any real change since season 1 are Barney, and maybe to a degree Robin.

No sh1t

The Office is boring.The British one is a little better, but meh. I'd rather watch Extras for a Ricky Gervais fix.

My eyes hurt, umm gtfo everybody has grown and Ted to a small degree especially if you are comparing them to season 1.

Lol, then what is the prob here unless you are just looking for a argument  

The office isn't for everyone, you have different taste in tv shows (EXTRAS lol) so w.e 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 110million

Did anyone watch Life's Too Short? It doesn't have much Ricky in it, but it's hilarious.Ninja-Hippo

I've seen the first few episodes, it's no extras but makes for some good laughs.  

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 110million

(EXTRAS lol) so w.e SevenzFlow

I can understand you have flawed tastes because the British Office is at least dark comedy and harder to enjoy for most people, but Extras is far closer to a more standard comedy and actually hilarious. There are scenes from Extras that I will remember 5 years from now, nothing in HIMYM is that memorable.  

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SevenzFlow

[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"](EXTRAS lol) so w.e 110million

I can understand you have flawed tastes because the British Office is at least dark comedy and harder to enjoy for most people, but Extras is far closer to a more standard comedy and actually hilarious. There are scenes from Extras that I will remember 5 years from now, nothing in HIMYM is that memorable.  

Yep, that is what you will remember. 

8) 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 110million
[QUOTE="110million"]

[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"](EXTRAS lol) so w.e SevenzFlow

8) 

Whatever you were trying to say, you failed at it.  

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 jg4xchamp

Lol, then what is the prob here unless you are just looking for a argument

SevenzFlow

I was essentially saying no sh1t sherlock people who have become invested in the show will stick around for the good moments in between, and one's enjoyment of a show is directly linked to how much they like it. Plenty of people love Dexter, but them loving it will never change how poorly written and thoughtout the supporting cast is. Same thing for the last part. People have different tastes. When did anyone ask for captain obvious.

As for character growth. How have Marhsall and Lilly really changed? Because they've essentially been the same people. Even during their break up they were more or less the cute couple, and every scenario of theirs revolves around them being the cute couple. About the only thing that's changed is that they are finally down to get a kid, and Marshall lost his dad. How has Ted even changed? Outside of the show throwing in some meta stuff about him being a bit more self aware of his needyness or Kumar calling them out for being way too dependent on each other. Barney on the other hand has actually changed. Albeit crippling what was by far the funniest asset of the show.

And none of this covers some of their other fall backs that were either just straight up dumb ala Barney and Robin as a couple, Ted and Zoey, or them bringing back old plot threads that is far more aggravating than anything: Ted loving Robin, again. And just because they don't want to end the show doesn't mean they can't introduce the mother at this point. In fact you can build seasons around that. Him meeting her, hooking up, and getting them to the alter.

Now if you have something worth a damn to post or an argument that goes beyond "I have an opinion" I'll read it, because at this point you're just looking for an argument with people who disagree with you and can't accept that concept.

You like the show? more power to you. I watch it also. But I'm getting a little impatient, and Barney's routine(while admittedly having more heart felt moments) isn't as funny as he used to be. Nothing out right terrible about that, but it's a product of the show going way too many seasons without any proper payoff. Haven't seen the finale though.

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SevenzFlow
[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"][QUOTE="110million"]

[QUOTE="SevenzFlow"](EXTRAS lol) so w.e 110million

8) 

Whatever you were trying to say, you failed at it.  

you failed to grasp the conceptÂ