blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
We have just entered the two year cycle. In 2006 it was Sony, in 2008 it was Nintendo, and now in 2010 it's Microsoft's turn for having a really bad conference. You spend more than half of your conference showing off a device that nobody is willing to pay for (expecially not now after seeing the horrid Wii rip-off games it's coming with). The Kinext is going to be a huge disaster for Microsoft.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
anyone got a link to ghe mgs rising footage?Shinobishyguy
Here.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

Slim 360 looked cool.

Gears of War 3 is the only thing I care about at this point.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Black Ops looks cool.

I think it's HUGE that all CoD map  packs and add-ons are XBL timed exclusives through 2012.

MGS Rising swordplay was nice to look at, but for some reason, I couldn't get pumped about it.

Gears 3 4 player co-op is going to be a huge hit.

Fable 3 coming 10/26 is a sure thing.

Halo Reach looked awesome + space combat = automatic buy from me, day 1

Kinect dashboard integration is cool actually. This is the kind of stuff that will sell me on it, not the mini-game compilations. However, those weren't that terrible given who they were directed at.  Personally, the tech behind yoga and tai chi are interesting proofs of concept.  And although I still feel burned with the Xbox Live Vision Camera(Totem Ball, ugh), I'm not going to pass judgment on the Kinect games until we see them out in the wild.  If the general public likes it, then mission accomplished, MS. How 'bout an RTS with gesture controls and voice controls? THAT, I'd love to see.

ESPN - aweseome on paper, but don't see the benefit if I can just watch it on cable

360 slim, 299 with a 250GB HDD and built in wifi, price drops to all other SKUs. Huge, come holiday season.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Rising looks terrible, what the ****, god dammit, RAGE, not only is the kojima teaser about Rising, but it looks like garbage IMO. The slashing animation looked nice, but when he hits stuff it looks all wrong, the gameplay looks piss poor.

So angry right now. 

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#56 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts
Whats the bet that tommorrow they will have an on stage demo of MGS Rising with PS move?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Slim 360 looked cool.

Gears of War 3 is the only thing I care about at this point.

ragek1ll589
Me too.
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Wow. MS has blown it. First half hour or so was good . After that it was one of the worst conferences I've ever seen.  I hate this stupid trend of companies catering towards non-gamers.

Stupid html crap..only site that has it.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#59 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
Sounds like I didn't miss much. And here I was sad I had to work today. :P
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Microsoft devoted half of its conference to a device that is useless to a hardcore gamer, judging by what they revealed. I don't think that Kinect is a bad thing, but that conference probably wasn't the best place for a pitch that long.

That was a pretty disappointing performance. 

sonicmj1

It's the only place where it was appropriate.

E3 isn't for the hardcore. Definitely not for consumers or fans. It's an industry event....for retailers. Not for enthusiasts.

Even so, if I were a buyer, I still wouldn't be convinced that I need to place an order before the holiday rush. I'm curious. But not convinced.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
I will have sooooo much fun writing the SW Report for the Microsoft conference.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Rising looks terrible, what the ****, god dammit, RAGE, not only is the kojima teaser about Rising, but it looks like garbage IMO. The slashing animation looked nice, but when he hits stuff it looks all wrong, the gameplay looks piss poor.

So angry right now. 

110million
Really? All we got to see was a few people being chopped up, hardly a detailed look at the overall gameplay experience.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
The EA conference was decent. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm all had solid showings. Everything else was pretty dull though.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 789shadow

The EA conference was decent. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm all had solid showings. Everything else was pretty dull though. jg4xchamp

Yeah, and of course the sports stuff was lame as hell.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]The EA conference was decent. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm all had solid showings. Everything else was pretty dull though. 789shadow

Yeah, the sports stuff sucked, and so did the Sims 3... cool, but they had a really boring guy talk about it.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Microsoft's conference was overall terrible and a disappointment.

EA's was ok. 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I've almost lost faith in gaming after microsoft's conference. I hope Sony doesn't follow suite.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#68 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts
Been out all day. What did I miss?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#69 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Does anybody else have a feeling that Rare might announce a Killer Instinct 3?

Or maybe a new Banjo Kazooie that's a platformer.

No vehicles this time please.

SpinoRaptor24

Looks like all we got from MS was some already announced games and more arm flailing.

Very underwhelming.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#70 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Been out all day. What did I miss?psn8214

The PS3 Sli----360 Kinect apparently. And some trailers to Gears, Halo, Fable, and CoD.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

The new Hot Persuit looks great, and I loved the homage to MIA's Born Free (the first song in the trailer) video with the cops chasing a red car.

Outside of that though, everything looked very meh. MoH and BFBC2:V are such shameless rip-offs of CoD that it's borderline insulting, Dead Space 2 looked very more of the samey (and why would anyone join such a depressing looking church?), Crysis 2 had its moments but generally looked quite awkward, and TOR needs a beta release already.

Here's some 360 'slim' info I cribbed from arstechnica:

• $300 and known simply as the 360 (no slim, no Kinect, not even an Elite or Arcade on the end), with plans for a $200 model in the future (no word on features for that one)
  • Significantly smaller and sleeker than the 360 'fat', apparently looks quite good
  • Damn-near silent; no more wondering why a helicopter landed on your roof
  • The power brick was put on a much-needed diet
  • 250GB HDD is still proprietary, but much smaller
  • Build in wireless-N
  • 5 USB ports, HDMI, Xbox A/V port, S/PDIF out, dedicated power port for Kinect (fat 360 users will have to plug Kinect into an electrical outlet)
  • Touch sensitive buttons similar to the PS3
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

MS had a decent conference

Ninty and Sony have a chance to steal the show 

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]The EA conference was decent. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm all had solid showings. Everything else was pretty dull though. smokeydabear076

Yeah, the sports stuff sucked, and so did the Sims 3... cool, but they had a really boring guy talk about it.

All I remember fro the Sims 3 thing was some dude banging on about the brain or some ****.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

So angry right now. 

110million

I'm actually very impressed with the slicing. this is like what Dead Space wanted to be, but fell back on predetermined cut points instead.

however I can't guess on what the rest of the game will be like.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Ubisoft couldn't suck any more right now.

And it's a shame, because Brotherhood looks great :(

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Me watching the conferences.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#77 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts
I didn't watch it. I love hearing about these conferences from other people, but I don't enjoy watching them.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#78 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
[QUOTE="110million"]

So angry right now. 

Mordred19

I'm actually very impressed with the slicing. this is like what Dead Space wanted to be, but fell back on predetermined cut points instead.

Agreed. It looks pretty cool, controlling the direction you cut. 

Looking forward to the game.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 110million
[QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="110million"]

So angry right now. 

SpinoRaptor24

That makes it incredibly slow, you don't do slow hack-and-slash action games. It may look awesoem once or twice to cut up a guy in mid-air, but to do it to everyone would be repetetive, to use random slashing would be even more meh. I'm sorry I definatly over-reacted, I was hoping the cutting scenes were not just Rising. I do not like the way it looks when he slashes enemies, it looks like there is no.. skill? to it or something. It is too early to tell, but a lot is riding against the game, new team, action-focused, no snake (meaning what could they do plot wise?). 

Beyond what was shown I have this feeling its going to end up being like a 7.5 tops with a meh story and very action-gameplay centric, at least Kojima doesn't seem to be wasting his time on it. 

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Both the MS and the Ubi conference was god awful. As Moogle said in the IRC, EA just pretty much showed that they are still working on a few already announced games and beat both.

Very sad.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#81 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

found the only game for kinect that actually looks like it could be (dare I say) okay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-19kRd4Yk0

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GreySeal9
It's a shame that MS's silly conference (I'm basing this on what I'm hearing) has distracted everybody from talking about how well Natal actually works.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

found the only game for kinect that actually looks like it could be (dare I say) okay

dragonfly110
Wow, that actually looked pretty cool, although I'm not quite sure what it is. An on-rails shooter? Regardless, it looks cool. That and the Star Wars game are all that looked at least a little cool for the Kinetic.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
It's a shame that MS's silly conference (I'm basing this on what I'm hearing) has distracted everybody from talking about how well Natal actually works. GreySeal9
Actually it lags.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]It's a shame that MS's silly conference (I'm basing this on what I'm hearing) has distracted everybody from talking about how well Natal actually works. CJL13
Actually it lags.

I'm sure it does. I wasn't stating an opinion on how it works. I was just saying that nobody seems to be talking about that at all.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mordred19
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="Mordred19"][QUOTE="110million"]

So angry right now. 

110million

That makes it incredibly slow, you don't do slow hack-and-slash action games. It may look awesoem once or twice to cut up a guy in mid-air, but to do it to everyone would be repetetive, to use random slashing would be even more meh. I'm sorry I definatly over-reacted, I was hoping the cutting scenes were not just Rising. I do not like the way it looks when he slashes enemies, it looks like there is no.. skill? to it or something. It is too early to tell, but a lot is riding against the game, new team, action-focused, no snake (meaning what could they do plot wise?). 

Beyond what was shown I have this feeling its going to end up being like a 7.5 tops with a meh story and very action-gameplay centric, at least Kojima doesn't seem to be wasting his time on it. 

well I can't hope for much from Raiden as a character (his whole "boo hoo I'm a lonely cyborg" thing in MGS4 felt totally contrived), and I can't expect from the story that's really insightful interesting in the MGS universe.

gameplay wise it might not be a typical hack and slash, and the slow mo cutting might just be a special event, where normal slicing through mooks in real time is the majority. we don't know much about boss characters, elite mooks, and what kind of combat they involve.

but think of how damn unique rising would be if it didn't follow video game slash rules. every cut you make on an unarmored target is a kill. ninja gaiden doesn't do that, nor does DMC, GOW, bayonetta, etc. they all just have invisible hitpoints that deplete before the enemy gibs in a predetermined way. (hell, LIGHTSABERS don't even cut through anything until the all powerful hitpoint gods say so :roll: )

therefore the focus of combat might be movement, evasion, waiting for the right time to strike, and once you strike, you have won. instead of hack hack hack for each enemy just to kill them.

if raiden is very vulnerable to ranged enemy weapons, that's a whole different dynamic than what we would expect. 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 110million

if raiden is very vulnerable to ranged enemy weapons, that's a whole different dynamic than what we would expect. 

Mordred19

Yeah in truth I didn't put much thought into it. Kojima did say there would still be stealth too, though I guess he isn't really working on it, I don't know how true that is, but I suppose its likey that the producer wanted to show mostly intense action sequences and there is likely more variety to the gameplay.

To anyone who does not know, I don't think its been mentioned, the Kojima teaser site now has a 3rd game with a sickle and question mark. 

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BZSIN
I think Ubisoft even managed to top their conference from last year in terms of ****ness.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 110million

I think Ubisoft even managed to top their conference from last year in terms of ****ness.BZSIN

I didn't watch it, but you're a filthy liar. Unless another washed out director showed up and had a 24 hour speech instead of a 12 hour one, you're wrong. :o 

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
What a surprise, I literally fell asleep during Ubisoft's conference again. I am truly shocked :|
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mordred19

oh and Halo Reach having space fighter combat... yeaaaaaaaaah :?

the rule is "in space, humans always lose", and I would prefer that gameplay time spent on my feet with a gun.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Well...looks like it's up to Sony and Nintendo to save E3
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BZSIN

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]I think Ubisoft even managed to top their conference from last year in terms of ****ness.110million

I didn't watch it, but you're a filthy liar. Unless another washed out director showed up and had a 24 hour speech instead of a 12 hour one, you're wrong. :o 

At least James Cameron being on stage got you away from having to listen to that awful host for a while. He takes the lame jokes and awkward moments to a whole new level this year *shudder*

Then there's the laser tag thing. 

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#94 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
How was the Ubisoft conference? I missed it. Anything worthy of note?
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

dragonfly110
It's Rez for Kinect and PS Move. Cool stuff.

[QUOTE="CJL13"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]It's a shame that MS's silly conference (I'm basing this on what I'm hearing) has distracted everybody from talking about how well Natal actually works. GreySeal9

Actually it lags.

I'm sure it does. I wasn't stating an opinion on how it works. I was just saying that nobody seems to be talking about that at all.

There has been some discussion, though most of it has come from the "demos" they did during their bizarre Sunday presentation. My sig says it all.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Watching right now, had to work a long day. So far it's been meh but maybe it picks up. Good - Halo Reach looked awesome. - Gears 3 looked awesome. Other then that, bleh.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 789shadow

How was the Ubisoft conference? I missed it. Anything worthy of note?jg4xchamp

No. Avoid it at all costs. The GIFs will fill you in.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 789shadow

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]I think Ubisoft even managed to top their conference from last year in terms of ****ness.110million

Oh, believe me, it was worse.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
THIS GIRL IS AWFUL!?!?!?!?!?!
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
How was the Ubisoft conference? I missed it. Anything worthy of note?jg4xchamp
Just look up "Ubisoft Battle Tag" and picture that for about an hour. Thats essentially the Ubisoft conference.