Where is everyone? Jbul jealous of Grammaton's large

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Areez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Areez
Member since 2002 • 6278 Posts

@S0lidSnake:

Liking the new look of the forums!

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts
@c_rake said:
@Sefrix said:

Genius! Too late now anyway :(. Stuff like that wouldn't be very likely to change once in production.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll change that down the line.

We can only hope, it's honestly a good idea and could be done (but would have been easier to implement beforehand).

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

White forums suck. I have a big monitor, and it hurts my eyes. You had different skin options on the old forums, but they got rid of that feature. BUT THANK YOU GAMESPOT, NOW WE HAVE A WALL that you can sync with Twitter!

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#104 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@ReddestSkies said:

White forums suck. I have a big monitor, and it hurts my eyes. You had different skin options on the old forums, but they got rid of that feature. BUT THANK YOU GAMESPOT, NOW WE HAVE A WALL that you can sync with Twitter!

There is a dark theme you can use. Just look in the upper-right corner of the page.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts
@c_rake said:
@ReddestSkies said:

There is a dark theme you can use. Just look in the upper-right corner of the page.

So much better now, thanks! No idea why they didn't put it in the settings too, but at least it's still there.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106  Edited By rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

I suck at changing my avatar. I tried to use that code in Chrome, but only managed to upload images to my profile without changing my avatar. Derp.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@rragnaar said:

I suck at changing my avatar. I tried to use that code in Chrome, but only managed to upload images to my profile without changing my avatar. Derp.

I did that too. I left the console open, went to change my avatar, selected the use existing image option, (or "previously uploaded" it may have been) clicked the previously uploaded image I wanted, then clicked the green button at the bottom. Had to do it with the console open and the code still in though.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

I'm back bitchesss

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

I tried changing some setings etc... Hilarity ensued. I feel sorry for all involved.

Was unable to login until 10 minutes ago. Ah well.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Dark layout is so much better. I don't know how anyone could stay on the white layout for more than 5 minutes *vampire hiss*

Hey the forums are stable now! Yay!

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#111 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

ok, i spent all day at work using the white layout, came home and it was dark on my PC.

MUCH better. I was wrong once again.

I blame S0lid.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 S0lidSnake

@Randolph said:

@rragnaar said:

I did that too. I left the console open, went to change my avatar, selected the use existing image option, (or "previously uploaded" it may have been) clicked the previously uploaded image I wanted, then clicked the green button at the bottom. Had to do it with the console open and the code still in though.

Wait, whats going on here? You can change your avatar?

Please list the steps in detail. I promise you a cookie.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@S0lidSnake said:

@Randolph said:

@rragnaar said:

Wait, whats going on here? You can change your avatar?

Please list the steps in detail. I promise you a cookie.

Follow the instructions here.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

So did anyone else find a sig small enough to meet the 125 height requirements? It took me an obscene amount of time to find a picture that wouldn't look too bad having most of it cut off. Even the one I'm using now has a big part of it missing. I R Sad.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

@Lucky_Krystal: I'm surprised they even allowed signatures to have imagery. I had to turn them off because many of them became too risky to view at work.

With these new imagery guidelines I hope it eliminates some of that. I do appreciate a user-made image in a sig so I might just turn that option back on.

Steve_Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#116 Steve_Esquire
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts

Probably on the log in page. My account got deleted and now I'm stuck on this new one I made. Avatar works on here but still not on comments..

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#117  Edited By muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

@Lucky_Krystal said:

So did anyone else find a sig small enough to meet the 125 height requirements? It took me an obscene amount of time to find a picture that wouldn't look too bad having most of it cut off. Even the one I'm using now has a big part of it missing. I R Sad.

Heck, I still don't even see sigs. And, yes, I do have them enabled in the settings.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts

I gotta say, as much as I miss the ROF, there has been a huge increase in activity here with some quality threads. If this place was ever going to be a shadow of its former self, this resign is probably the best chance it has. Factor in next gen and we should have a killer board again.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 muthsera666

This is probably about the second time I've posted in a forum other than the ROF since I joined it. Like you say, it could be good, forcing all the disparate elements to enter into a singular area of discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@GodModeEnabled said:

Also I ****ing hate how I am now GodModeE ----- the E stands for extreme.

You are no longer enabled. Ah ha! The reason GS is changing. Means to disable a god!!

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Randolph

@rragnaar:

You get two internets for having a Drinky The Crow avatar.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 S0lidSnake

@F1Lengend said:

I gotta say, as much as I miss the ROF, there has been a huge increase in activity here with some quality threads. If this place was ever going to be a shadow of its former self, this resign is probably the best chance it has. Factor in next gen and we should have a killer board again.

We are still missing @Grammaton-Cleric and Carnage. I am guessing their bookmarks are taking them to the old PGD and those old geezers haven't figured out. I am more worried about Carnage because his username doesnt come up when I tried to tag his name.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Randolph

If Carnage doesn't post here, who will remind us that the Vita exists and post about neat new user made levels on LBP games? :(

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I'm growing to like the changes, but they need to bring back the old post history to make it easier to keep on top of discussions. Not too worried though as I doubt this is something they'll fail to implement....I hope. I really don't wish to leave this site but if it remains this much hassle it's just not worth it.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator

@S0lidSnake: Carnage posted in this thread. Haven't seen Grammaton around.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Still not able to see sigs for some reason. Anybody see mine? I have the things enabled so I'm not sure what the issue is. Nice to see everyone getting their avatar back up. I will finally be able to tell who is who simply by scrolling down the list.

I have to agree with @MirkoS77 though, not being able to pick up where I left off in a thread will be extremely tedious, this needs to be fixed.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Randolph

@contracts420 said:

I have to agree with @MirkoS77 though, not being able to pick up where I left off in a thread will be extremely tedious, this needs to be fixed.

That should, I hope, now be priority number one since we can now actually identify one another. If the current set up in this regard remains, the days the new systems come out will be a real PITA on the forums.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#128 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

@contracts420: and @muthsera666: I'm having the same problem. I can see my own signature but no one elses.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@GodModeEnabled said:

Also I ****ing hate how I am now GodModeE ----- the E stands for extreme.

You are no longer enabled. Ah ha! The reason GS is changing. Means to disable a god!!

Godmodeextinguished :(

At least I figured out how avatars work again. I'm getting too old for this shit. Can I still say shit under new forum rules? Shit I hope so that would be shitting shit to get modded to shit already.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 GodModeEnabled

The main thing I am finding that I am missing is that the topic titles used to be highlighted when there was new posts in them for you to read, and they would be sort of "greyed out" if there was no new posts since last time you looked in the topic. Now there is really no indication so you have to check everytime. That is going to take some major getting used to.

I like the reply box being open at the bottom everytime though so you can start typing right away. That is a feature I like.

I hate that my profile asks me whats "crackalackin" though.

I'll crackalack yo face hippie scum!

Damn kids.

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

@theremixer said:

Anyone else delevel but stay the same title rank ?

No I got it worse new rank and new level much much much lower than they were before.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#132  Edited By chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

@iampenguin said:

@theremixer said:

Anyone else delevel but stay the same title rank ?

No I got it worse new rank and new level much much much lower than they were before.

I thought they got rid of old levels and ranks

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Hopefully they ditched signatures altogether. Good riddance.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Randolph

I always have sigs off, so I never see them. I hate seeing big flashing stupid bumper stickers on the ass end of everyone's posts. Especially in threads where people are responding multiple times. It's just obnoxious. Sometimes I just stick a little quote or something in mine, sometimes not even that. I used to be into that stuff when I was in my early twenties, had the whole cast of Chrono Trigger on the ass end of every post I made.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I'm here but decidedly unhappy with this sluggish, shitty "New and Improved" Gamespot.

But I'm here...for now.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@Randolph said:

I always have sigs off, so I never see them. I hate seeing big flashing stupid bumper stickers on the ass end of everyone's posts. Especially in threads where people are responding multiple times. It's just obnoxious. Sometimes I just stick a little quote or something in mine, sometimes not even that. I used to be into that stuff when I was in my early twenties, had the whole cast of Chrono Trigger on the ass end of every post I made.

What would be nice is if you could have the option to block certain sigs, but not others. That way, you wouldn't have to see some of the downright tacky sigs that some posters have.

Although given the incredibly limited sig sizes that are now enforced, that may not end up being a problem anymore.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Randolph

@Grammaton-Cleric said:

I'm here but decidedly unhappy with this sluggish, shitty "New and Improved" Gamespot.

But I'm here...for now.

It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but it has some neat new conveniences. Blog broadcasting, streamlined image and video embedding, enhanced user reviews, using a # to bring up a prompt to search for a link to a page on the site, etc. The overall appearance isn't as sharp as it was before. But it's better than the first version of their in house forums from late 2003/early 2004, those were BLUE with a yellow lining. Just be sure you click the little switch in the far upper right corner when at the top of the page to go into dark skin mode. It helps a lot.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

@Randolph said:

@Grammaton-Cleric said:

But I'm here...for now.

It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but it has some neat new conveniences. Blog broadcasting, streamlined image and video embedding, enhanced user reviews, using a # to bring up a prompt to search for a link to a page on the site, etc. The overall appearance isn't as sharp as it was before. But it's better than the first version of their in house forums from late 2003/early 2004, those were BLUE with a yellow lining. Just be sure you click the little switch in the far upper right corner when at the top of the page to go into dark skin mode. It helps a lot.

Thanks for the tip.

Much better.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Randolph

Have no idea why GS thinks having the light skin on by default is a good idea. Then they make that damn switch so bloody tiny and hard to see too. It's turning people off right away. I know that for me, a light skin forum is just a no go. I can only post for so long before it just hurts my eyes too damned much to keep posting.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Randolph

Clicking the arrow at the end of a thread can now take you to last post read. Good job, GS. You can also select pages to read from the front page of the forum again, rather than needing to open the thread then select a page Little things are starting to add up in a positive way.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Are sigs glitched right now or just not allowed at all?

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Randolph
@Vari3ty said:

Well, they are disabled in your profile by default. Though some people who have enabled them say they can only see their own sigs and no one else's.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Randolph said:
@Vari3ty said:

Well, they are disabled in your profile by default. Though some people who have enabled them say they can only see their own sigs and no one else's.

Sounds like they're still bugged then.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Randolph

I don't know how anyone can tolerate posting with sigs turned on. >.>

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 muthsera666

@Randolph said:

I don't know what they are like right now with the new site, but I always liked seeing the game sigs. Like Raptr or Backloggery. Actually, I used to use both.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Randolph

It's the anime and game character collages that get to me more than anything.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#147 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

@Randolph said:

The old site always had the option of ad-blocking certain sigs, or posters if their sigs/posts were bad enough. Still, I'm hoping they eventually allow the blocking of specific sigs. I like having them enabled, but there were definitely some sigs on the old site I'd prefer not to see on a regular basis.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 muthsera666

@Randolph said:

Some of them were out of hand, definitely. But they also helped to establish more individuality. Since a lot of people could use the same or similar avatars, the sigs gave another avenue of identification. And I understand GS's position. It's far easier to place stringent limits over them all than to try to delineate what is acceptable and what is not.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GodModeEnabled

@Randolph said:

I am the same way, I have had sigs disabled ever since the change from GGD to PGD and man I am never going back. They are obnoxious to the extreme.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

@GodModeEnabled said:

@Randolph said:

I am the same way, I have had sigs disabled ever since the change from GGD to PGD and man I am never going back. They are obnoxious to the extreme.

So that's why you didn't notice my love messages to you all this time. Asshole.