Where is everyone? Jbul jealous of Grammaton's large

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for S0lidSnake
#1 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Whats going on?

Avatar image for whiskeystrike
#2 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

Hi

Avatar image for TheMierArmy
#3 Posted by TheMierArmy (5699 posts) -

hello

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -

Sorry. The boards were inaccessible for a while there. Just now got access. The place is beginning to stabilize, looks like.

Avatar image for theremixer
#5 Posted by theremixer (444 posts) -

Anyone else delevel but stay the same title rank ?

Avatar image for Randolph
#6 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

This place was not ready for full launch. Our usernames and post counts are in two spots on every post, which is a needless redundancy. They also STILL have yet to fix avatar uploading, so everyone's posts blend together. The beta should have gone on for about another week or two.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#7 Posted by Jacanuk (15679 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

Whats going on?

Gamespot was bought by Giant Bomb and now they are streamlining the site to match Giantbombs

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#8 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Whats going on?

Gamespot was bought by Giant Bomb and now they are streamlining the site to match Giantbombs

Sounds good to me!

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#9 Edited by MirkoS77 (13196 posts) -

Errrrr.....hello? Echo...........(echo)????

Avatar image for Kats_RK
#10 Edited by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

@MirkoS77:

HELLO

Avatar image for juradai
#11 Edited by juradai (2783 posts) -

Looking sleek. This took some work. I think they did a great job. There will be hiccups but it will pass in time. It's not easy to do what they did. There could have been many more problems than what is occurring now.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#12 Edited by MirkoS77 (13196 posts) -

Like it so far, aside from not being able to see avatars (or sigs yet), and in my post history I can't find any way to bring me back to my last post in a thread to continue reading from. It always takes me to the beginning, which will become a major headache for long, fast growing threads.

Avatar image for GodModeEnabled
#13 Edited by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

Wow. This is so shit.

Avatar image for juradai
#14 Posted by juradai (2783 posts) -

@c_rake: I agree!

Avatar image for leon2365
#15 Posted by leon2365 (13094 posts) -

my level went down 1, and my post count went down 1 thousand.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

FUGLY avatars everywhere!

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#17 Edited by Jacanuk (15679 posts) -

@c_rake said:
@Jacanuk said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Whats going on?

Gamespot was bought by Giant Bomb and now they are streamlining the site to match Giantbombs

Sounds good to me!

Ya, well at least that crappy forum HTML coding is gone, but darn the site is ugly now and messy,

Avatar image for juradai
#18 Edited by juradai (2783 posts) -

@Jacanuk: Give it some time. Once adjusted, I think you'll find how much everything is streamlined and see the reasoning behind the design decision. I know it's a bit of a shock but they made some great strides with this new architecture and the design of the site.

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#19 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -
@juradai said:

@Jacanuk: Give it some time. Once adjusted, I think you'll find how much everything is streamlined and see the reasoning behind the design decision. I know it's a bit of a shock but they made some great strides with this new architecture and the design of the site.

Yeah. It's a little rough right now, but then, that was inevitable given the scale of this site. Should be great once everything's working as intended.

Avatar image for wiouds
#20 Posted by wiouds (6233 posts) -

It is ugly and the form is bad. One board for games on a game website. It they keep the clutter board instead of cleaning it up then I'm just going some other place.

Avatar image for juradai
#21 Edited by juradai (2783 posts) -

@c_rake: The only issue I see is the modules on the right side will disrupt quoting because there is only so much space allotted to the threads so you will see clouds formed when users quote long posts. It might be only effecting smartphone and tablet users since those on a standard browser can adjust their browser to fit the responsive framework of the site. We will see what they do. They may have to lose toes modules altogether if it can be corrected.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#22 Posted by IgGy621985 (5467 posts) -
@juradai said:

It might be only effecting smartphone and tablet users since those on a standard browser can adjust their browser to fit the responsive framework of the site. We will see what they do. They may have to lose toes modules altogether if it can be corrected.

Tapatalk would be an easy fix for that, but GS doesn't support it....

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#23 Edited by Jacanuk (15679 posts) -

@c_rake said:
@juradai said:

@Jacanuk: Give it some time. Once adjusted, I think you'll find how much everything is streamlined and see the reasoning behind the design decision. I know it's a bit of a shock but they made some great strides with this new architecture and the design of the site.

Yeah. It's a little rough right now, but then, that was inevitable given the scale of this site. Should be great once everything's working as intended.

I hope you're right also what's the deal with the forums? i hope they are going to bring back the different categories.otherwise it will be one heck of mess.

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#24 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -

@juradai: Yeah. I feel like they could remove the modules when viewing a thread and only show them on the topic listings. Would really open up more real-estate for posts.

Avatar image for IndianaPwns39
#25 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I don't like change!

Seriously though, new site looks great! After the kinks are worked out it should be quite the community.

Avatar image for Namgis
#26 Edited by Namgis (3592 posts) -
@leon2365 said:

my level went down 1, and my post count went down 1 thousand.

My level stayed the same but I dropped almost 40%. Post count looks the same. Might have lost some, I can't be sure.

Avatar image for rragnaar
#27 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

I'm on my couch! Where are you?

Avatar image for branketra
#28 Edited by BranKetra (51726 posts) -

The site is new and needs fixing to work properly enough to give users more visual diversity. Avatars and images in general remain under construction after the site went live. Making the new site the main one seems premature.

At least we can talk.

Avatar image for GodModeEnabled
#29 Edited by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

This is probably the most hideous site design I could possibly imagine. Everything from the main page to the forums is terribly amateur and gross. If this is what we are stuck with then it's time to move on. IGN is majestic place of greatness compared to this.

Avatar image for F1Lengend
#30 Posted by F1Lengend (7908 posts) -

I'll give it a chance but first impression is that new=downgrade. Downgrade in visibility and accessibility.

Avatar image for Randolph
#31 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

The site is new and needs fixing to work properly enough to give users more visual diversity. Avatars and images in general remain under construction after the site went live. Making the new site the main one seems premature.

At least we can talk.

They underestimated how important images are to how we identify each other, and how we communicate. Which isn't a shocker given how out of touch they are with their own community. (sometimes I wonder if they know they have forums at all) Looking forward to images working, because apparently we can now insert images into our user reviews. Can't wait to get a picture of the moist towelettes guy from Gamer Poop into my user review for Skyrim.

Avatar image for S0lidSnake
#32 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

@GodModeEnabled said:

Wow. This is so shit.

lol you and wiouds agree.

This is fine. It is actually kinda awesome.

Avatar image for S0lidSnake
#33 Edited by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I cant believe they reset the post count. I loved seeing all the GGD regulars up on a sort of hall of fame for everyone to see. Now f*cking crake is on the top spot. f*ck that guy!

Avatar image for remiks00
#34 Edited by remiks00 (3801 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@S0lidSnake said:

Whats going on?

Gamespot was bought by Giant Bomband now they are streamlining the site to match Giantbombs

I thought that was the other way around. Giant bomb was bought buy gamespot apparently...

Avatar image for CommandoAgent
#35 Edited by CommandoAgent (1703 posts) -

I miss the older forum :(

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#36 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -
@S0lidSnake said:

I cant believe they reset the post count. I loved seeing all the GGD regulars up on a sort of hall of fame for everyone to see. Now f*cking crake is on the top spot. f*ck that guy!

Jealous?

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#37 Edited by MirkoS77 (13196 posts) -

I don't mind losing my post count (barely even knew what it was, tbh) or level bullshit but I simply can't use this forum if it doesn't retain basic functionality. Meaning, I have yet to find a way in my posting history that directs me to the exact last post I read or contributed in a thread (as the old way had a number, I see none here). Clicking on the title always takes me right back to the beginning of the thread. No big deal here, but when it's around E3 and I'm trying to keep track of a dozen+ threads that are growing at an insane rate, sorry GS, this won't do.

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious. Any of you figure out a way yet?

I also notice there's no date and time, just the time elapsed from the last poster. Why?

Avatar image for SteelAttack
#38 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

Bahaha we all look the same. I can impersonate S0lid now.

Avatar image for Randolph
#39 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@c_rake said:
@S0lidSnake said:

I cant believe they reset the post count. I loved seeing all the GGD regulars up on a sort of hall of fame for everyone to see. Now f*cking crake is on the top spot. f*ck that guy!

Jealous?

Just wait until Solid starts posting graphics threads, he'll overtake you in no time flat.

Avatar image for DahLong
#40 Edited by DahLong (262 posts) -

man, i'm getting lost in this site. so frustrating

Avatar image for SteelAttack
#41 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

That's it. I'm spamming my way to the top of that leaderboard.

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#42 Posted by MirkoS77 (13196 posts) -

@DahLong said:

man, i'm getting lost in this site. so frustrating

Same.

Avatar image for Randolph
#43 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@SteelAttack said:

That's it. I'm spamming my way to the top of that leaderboard.

Nein, it is my spot. You can be my number 2. (ha, number 2)

Avatar image for SteelAttack
#44 Edited by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

As long as it bumps S0lid down, I'm cool with that.

Does this new layout come in a dark version? The whiteness is searing my retinas.

Edit: MUCH better. Dark version should be default.

Avatar image for c_rakestraw
#45 Posted by c_rakestraw (14626 posts) -
@Randolph said:

@c_rake said:
@S0lidSnake said:

I cant believe they reset the post count. I loved seeing all the GGD regulars up on a sort of hall of fame for everyone to see. Now f*cking crake is on the top spot. f*ck that guy!

Jealous?

Just wait until Solid starts posting graphics threads, he'll overtake you in no time flat.

Oh, I'm sure. I'll just have to make the most of this time is all.

Avatar image for haziqonfire
#46 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I has an avatar.

Avatar image for Randolph
#47 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@SteelAttack said:

As long as it bumps S0lid down, I'm cool with that.

Does this new layout come in a dark version? The whiteness is searing my retinas.

Edit: MUCH better. Dark version should be default.

I agree, S0lid is awful. Between you, me, and crake we should be able to deny him INTERNET GLORY AND IMMORTALITY via a number on a website. Pretty sure it'll crush his soul.

Ah hell, who am I kidding. One argument with Areez or Pedro and he'll have a zillion posts. :)

Avatar image for DahLong
#48 Posted by DahLong (262 posts) -
@SteelAttack said:

As long as it bumps S0lid down, I'm cool with that.

Does this new layout come in a dark version? The whiteness is searing my retinas.

Edit: MUCH better. Dark version should be default.

put on a pair of sunglasses

Avatar image for SteelAttack
#49 Posted by SteelAttack (10520 posts) -

@Haziqonfire said:

I has an avatar.

Waitaminute. What the shit is going on here?

Avatar image for Vari3ty
#50 Edited by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Definitely going to take some getting used too... also are sigs going to be allowed on these new forums?