What is nintendo's best system for the FPS genre??

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

So which ones better for FPS gamecube or n64 ?

luckykoopsie
I just said Gamecube twice.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Ah, I see, thank you. The disappointing follow-up to Goldeneye.

TigerSuperman

Not nearly as disappointing as the 3d games of the ps1 look.

Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye look a lot better than this.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbr2lecduam54TvNq2jra

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpGgoggYWqtPksO795PHd

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

Not nearly as disappointing as the 3d games of the ps1 look.

NaveedLife

Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]

Clearly you came to bash the PSX because you didn't read the posts that involved the picture. I never said that game was even close to a impressive looking PSx game, he just took a bad screen that looked 4x worse and called it all the PSX could do. Also, you are comparing a first person shooter to a linear Third-Person game. PD and GE are also not that good looking. Would not even be top 10 for N64.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]TigerSuperman

Clearly you came to bash the PSX because you didn't read the posts that involved the picture. I never said that game was even close to a impressive looking PSx game, he just took a bad screen that looked 4x worse and called it all the PSX could do. Also, you are comparing a first person shooter to a linear Third-Person game. PD and GE are also not that good looking. Would not even be top 10 for N64.

Well regardless of the PSX and all that, since I have no interest in bashing it or arguing with you (cause I don't disagree), PD is among the best looking N64 games, it is just that it suffers from framerate issues.  

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Well regardless of the PSX and all that, since I have no interest in bashing it or arguing with you (cause I don't disagree), PD is among the best looking N64 games, it is just that it suffers from framerate issues.  

I never said it wasn't a good looking game, but comparing it to the other high tier graphics games there is a pretty big gap. Same with Playstation.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Bad image grab of SF. Also nitpicking on games that are in a genre that looks just as bad on the N64 ( and has nearly none of.) N64 games look just as bad. There are only around 5-7 decent looking games on each system.TigerSuperman

I'm not all about the graphics myself, but 32 bit didnt really do 3d that well. I love the 2d ps1 games though such as SOTN and Mega Man X series.

And to add insult to injury

th?id=H.4624280701372917&pid=1.7

The screen I posted for SF above not gimped looks better than that blurry bad image you found. Also, you said 32-bit can't do 3D well?  Had no idea N64 graphics could look like this. Wait, they can't. Edit: I also like how in your line of quotes you took out the Picture of the correct image grab of SF on PSX.

Wait a minute, that's halo

what 32 bit console was that on???

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

I'm not all about the graphics myself, but 32 bit didnt really do 3d that well. I love the 2d ps1 games though such as SOTN and Mega Man X series.

And to add insult to injury

th?id=H.4624280701372917&pid=1.7

conkertheking1

The screen I posted for SF above not gimped looks better than that blurry bad image you found. Also, you said 32-bit can't do 3D well?  Had no idea N64 graphics could look like this. Wait, they can't. Edit: I also like how in your line of quotes you took out the Picture of the correct image grab of SF on PSX.

Xbox= 32-bit Intel Pentium 3 processor.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] The screen I posted for SF above not gimped looks better than that blurry bad image you found. Also, you said 32-bit can't do 3D well?  Had no idea N64 graphics could look like this. Wait, they can't. Edit: I also like how in your line of quotes you took out the Picture of the correct image grab of SF on PSX.TigerSuperman

Whaaaaaaaaat? Then why do a lot of Xbox games look better than most PS2 128 bit?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Anyone who bashes the NGC controller or the amazing-for-their-time Wavebird is out of their mind... I'm jus' SAYIN'...

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

conkertheking1

Whaaaaaaaaat? Then why do a lot of Xbox games look better than most PS2 128 bit?

Because you think Bits=Graphics. Let me use 64bit(n64) as an exampel for you. 64-bit computing is the use of processors that have datapath widths, integer size, and memory addresses of 64 bits (eight octets) wide. Also, 64-bit CPU and ALU architectures are those that are based on registers, address buses, or data buses of that size. Has nothing to do with Graphics. Here is an NES game:  Here is an Intellivision game:  Using your logic, the Intellivision game looks better because: Nes= 8-Bit Modified Motorola 6502 Intellivision= 16-Bit general Instrument 1610 (optimized.) The 16-bit "wars" never made sense to people who were not all caught up and actually paid attention. TG-16 graphix were on Par with the Genesis, yet had an 8-bit Cpu. Dreamcast had a 64-bit CPU.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TigerSuperman

Anyone who bashes the NGC controller or the amazing-for-their-time Wavebird is out of their mind... I'm jus' SAYIN'...

MonkeySpot
Wavebird?
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

TigerSuperman

Wavebird?

Wireless GCN controller. 

Goldflower1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Goldflower1234
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]TigerSuperman
Nice emulator bullshot, dumbass. Is the original PS1 graphics too pixelated for you? Right? Haha, so much butthurt.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Ah, I see, thank you. The disappointing follow-up to Goldeneye.Emerald_Warrior

TWINE is superior to GoldenEye in all aspects bar multiplayer.

The game has also aged FAR better, with a good framerate and detailed graphics.

GoldenEye is remembered, and well respected because of what it achieved for its time, not because it was the best 1st person shooter on N64. TWINE is forgotten because it was essentially a polished up derivative of GoldenEye.

I think TWINE also gets a lot of flack due to being erroneously associated with the Playstation game of the same name, which is an entirely different game made by different developers that is quite poor.

TWINE on N64 was made by the Wii GoldenEye people.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#65 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]Ah, I see, thank you. The disappointing follow-up to Goldeneye.Domino_slayer

TWINE is superior to GoldenEye in all aspects bar multiplayer.

The game has also aged FAR better, with a good framerate and detailed graphics.

GoldenEye is remembered, and well respected because of what it achieved for its time, not because it was the best 1st person shooter on N64. TWINE is forgotten because it was essentially a polished up derivative of GoldenEye.

I think TWINE also gets a lot of flack due to being erroneously associated with the Playstation game of the same name, which is an entirely different game made by different developers that is quite poor.

TWINE on N64 was made by the Wii GoldenEye people.

And Nightfire (console versions; the PC version was done by the now controversial, Gearbox).
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#66 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]Goldflower1234

Nice emulator bullshot, dumbass. Is the original PS1 graphics too pixelated for you? Right? Haha, so much butthurt.

Seriously. I have Sypon Filter on PS1, it was one of my favorite games back in the day on the system. It looks like the first picture, not that completely clean pic that was either touched-up for a magazine, or comes from a emulator that cleaned up the jaggies.

As ugly as the game may be, though, it's still a blast to play. And it's far from the best example of 3D on PS1.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="Goldflower1234"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]Better pic, same engine: [img]http://199.101.98.242/media/shots/37653-Syphon_Filter_[NTSC-U]-5.jpg[/img]Emerald_Warrior

Seriously. I have Sypon Filter on PS1, it was one of my favorite games back in the day on the system. It looks like the first picture, not that completely clean pic that was either touched-up for a magazine, or comes from a emulator that cleaned up the jaggies.

As ugly as the game may be, though, it's still a blast to play. And it's far from the best example of 3D on PS1.

You and him must have bad TV's then. (watch at 480p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJEzyhTRT4&list=SPA861051649E7A232 Looks almost just like my pic. This one the same at 7:01 480(don't do HD.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4zAR8vq08
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Goldflower1234"]Nice emulator bullshot, dumbass. Is the original PS1 graphics too pixelated for you? Right? Haha, so much butthurt.

TigerSuperman

You and him must have bad TV's then. (watch at 480p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJEzyhTRT4&list=SPA861051649E7A232 Looks almost just like my pic. This one the same at 7:01 480(don't do HD.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4zAR8vq08

I don't have an HDTV. That's BS picture, no doubt. I'm not even part of you're guys' argument, either. So I have no ulterior motive here. I'm just calling what I see.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

I don't have an HDTV. That's BS picture, no doubt. I'm not even part of you're guys' argument, either. So I have no ulterior motive here. I'm just calling what I see.

Are you freaking blind or something, where in my post said anything about having an HD TV? You need a better TV period. PSX games on HDTV's look horrible, you need to go to Goodwiill and buy a better TV, because you clearly aren't playing the games the way you are supposed to as shown by the videos.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] You and him must have bad TV's then. (watch at 480p) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJEzyhTRT4&list=SPA861051649E7A232 Looks almost just like my pic. This one the same at 7:01 480(don't do HD.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4zAR8vq08TigerSuperman

Are you freaking blind or something, where in my post said anything about having an HD TV? You need a better TV period. PSX games on HDTV's look horrible, you need to go to Goodwiill and buy a better TV, because you clearly aren't playing the games the way you are supposed to as shown by the videos.

Right, it's his T.V., it's the T.V. I played it on when I was a kid at my parrents house, and it's the T.V. I own now. Not a touched up pic or emulated pic. :roll:

Like I said, I have not ulterior motive to prove myself right becuase I'm not a part of the argument you 2 were having. It's a BS pic, period.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TigerSuperman

Emerald_Warrior

Right, it's his T.V., it's the T.V. I played it on when I was a kid at my parrents house, and it's the T.V. I own now. Not a touched up pic or emulated pic. :roll:

Like I said, I have not ulterior motive to prove myself right becuase I'm not a part of the argument you 2 were having. It's a BS pic, period.

Who care if you played on the same TV all your life, you are ignoring proof right in front of you that it's what the game looks like. Get a TV that is not crap and can output an image clearer and get better cables. Stop ignoring the videos. You got into it by saying it's a BS pic, when it's not. Need more?  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198876-syphon-filter/images/screen-8 Uploaded same year game came out. all the other images are almost all different quality as well. TV and Cables matter. Moving on.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Are you freaking blind or something, where in my post said anything about having an HD TV? You need a better TV period. PSX games on HDTV's look horrible, you need to go to Goodwiill and buy a better TV, because you clearly aren't playing the games the way you are supposed to as shown by the videos.TigerSuperman

Who care if you played on the same TV all your life, you are ignoring proof right in front of you that it's what the game looks like. Get a TV that is not crap and can output an image clearer and get better cables. Stop ignoring the videos. You got into it by saying it's a BS pic, when it's not. Need more?  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/198876-syphon-filter/images/screen-8 Uploaded same year game came out. all the other images are almost all different quality as well. TV and Cables matter. Moving on.

Right, moving on from your BS pic. I have Sony T.V. with component cables. Nothing wrong with my set-up for my older consoles. Do you really think an old-school gamer like me wouldn't know how to set-up his multiple old-school consoles? Please.

I don't need your "proof" from the internet, when I've had it my entire life in front of my own 2 eyes. Syphon Filter was one of my original PS1 games when the system was new and current.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TigerSuperman

Emerald_Warrior

Right, moving on from your BS pic. I have Sony T.V. with component cables. Nothing wrong with my set-up for my older consoles. Do you really think an old-school gamer like me wouldn't know how to set-up his multiple old-school consoles? Please.

I don't need your "proof" from the internet, when I've had it my entire life in front of my own 2 eyes. Syphon Filter was one of my original PS1 games when the system was new and current.

Clealry your two eyes are wrong with images uploaded the SAME YEAR the game came out clearly shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Having a Sony T.V. also does not mean anything at all. Also, the system was new and current in 1999? You running out of steam boy. SF came out in 1999. You are almost 5 years too late, and the Dreamcast is already out at this point. So I think you are tolling me. but that's ok, nothing left to say since you are called out.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#74 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19549 Posts

[QUOTE="Goldflower1234"]Nice emulator bullshot, dumbass. Is the original PS1 graphics too pixelated for you? Right? Haha, so much butthurt.

TigerSuperman

You and him must have bad TV's then.

(watch at 480p)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJEzyhTRT4&list=SPA861051649E7A232

Looks almost just like my pic.

This one the same at 7:01 480(don't do HD.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4zAR8vq08

Here's what the second video says...

"Im not showing off skills, i just like this game and i hope you enjoy seeing this gameplay.

==========
Platform : Playstation 1
Emulator: ePSXe 1.7.0

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz - Overclock: 3.00Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1gb 128 bits
RAM: 2Gb Kingstom
Gamepad: Xpad from Mutilaser
=========="

You do realize that's an emulator, right?

Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pinkscare
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts
N64. Easy.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TigerSuperman

Jag85

You and him must have bad TV's then.

(watch at 480p)

"Im not showing off skills, i just like this game and i hope you enjoy seeing this gameplay.

==========

=========="

Missed the point. First pic is PSX 2nd is Emulator they both look the same for the most part. Both closer to my pic than the other one. No excuses, a bad pic of SF was posted and Emerald does not know to get good picture.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#77 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19549 Posts

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] You and him must have bad TV's then.

(watch at 480p)

TigerSuperman

==========

=========="

Missed the point. First pic is PSX 2nd is Emulator they both look the same for the most part. Both closer to my pic than the other one. No excuses, a bad pic of SF was posted and Emerald does not know to get good picture.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the pic you posted is either emulated on PC or upgraded through the PS2. The most obvious give-away is the fact that your pic clearly uses texture filtering, something that the PS1 was not capable of doing.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#78 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
N64. Easy.Pinkscare
This. Also, I know this is late but the almighty Wikipedia labels Prime as "Action-Adventure": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#79 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

GameCube.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime II Echoes
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Medal of Honor Frontlines
Medal of Honor European Assault
TimeSplitters
XIII

luckykoopsie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 luckykoopsie
Member since 2012 • 345 Posts

GameCube.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime II Echoes
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Rainbow Six Lockdown
TimeSplitters
XIII

TheKungFool

I'm sorry KungFool but I own XIII and it sucks more balls as an FPS than any other FPS on gamecube. No options in Multiplayer, and also doesnt come with the simplest most basic gamemodes of an FPS. I thought it was a very unpolished game seeing as it takes like a million shots to the face to get a kill.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

GameCube.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime II Echoes
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Rainbow Six Lockdown
TimeSplitters
XIII

luckykoopsie

I'm sorry KungFool but I own XIII and it sucks more balls as an FPS than any other FPS on gamecube. No options in Multiplayer, and also doesnt come with the simplest most basic gamemodes of an FPS. I thought it was a very unpolished game seeing as it takes like a million shots to the face to get a kill.

1. you don't need to be sorry, I'm not losing sleep over your opinions.

2. notice its the very last game on my list? just put it at the end of the list because its the only other FPS I played aside from the others listed, and personally I didn't find the game to be as bad as you seem to.

3. is that all? just going to nitpick the one game thats at the bottom of the list?

3. It doesn't bother me that some FPSers do not come with what you've deemed "the simplest basic gamemodes". Many great FPSers only have a single player campaign without all the unnecessary "gamemodes".

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

N64 simply for Goldeneye 007. I never played Perfect Dark but I heard that it's better then Goldeneye.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

GameCube.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime II Echoes
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Rainbow Six Lockdown
TimeSplitters
XIII

TheKungFool

2. notice its the very last game on my list? just put it at the end of the list because its the only other FPS I played aside from the others listed, and personally I didn't find the game to be as bad as you seem to.

3. is that all? just going to nitpick the one game thats at the bottom of the list?

3. It doesn't bother me that some FPSers do not come with what you've deemed "the simplest basic gamemodes". Many great FPSers only have a single player campaign without all the unnecessary "gamemodes".

Well, and, There It Is.

Remember when the campaign was the focus, and MP was extra crap? Love them days, I do... I thought "XIII" was a pretty cool game for it's time.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#84 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

N64 simply for Goldeneye 007. I never played Perfect Dark but I heard that it's better then Goldeneye.

Seabas989
yes it is more weapons, futuristic better adventure and more unlockable cheats
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

[QUOTE="luckykoopsie"]

MonkeySpot

Well, and, There It Is.

Remember when the campaign was the focus, and MP was extra crap? Love them days, I do... I thought "XIII" was a pretty cool game for it's time.

agreed, Cheers :)

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]

TheKungFool

Well, and, There It Is.

agreed, Cheers :)

+1

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts

The N64. It was the first console that I played fps on. The PC is what I used to play fps since it's the king to that genre but the N64 brought some great ones like Golden Eye, Perfect Dark and the Turok games.