Manhunt 2 (Wii) Preview: Upwards saw through a mans groin

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

lik link I mean. Holy crapballs read some of this:

-No game we have ever played or seen is as over-the-top violent or downright gross as this action-stealth splatter fest.

-You can use a saw blade and cut upward into a foe's groin and buttocks, motioning forward and backward with the Wii remote as you go. But believe it or not, there is much more to Manhunt 2 than mutilation and mayhem.

-There's a whole mechanic built around the sneak attack, in fact, and this is one of the areas that the Wii version of the title is much improved over the PS2 one.

-Exclusive to the Wii version of Manhunt 2 are three new weapons, including the razor, mace and a broken bottle.

-On Wii (to shoot) you simply hold the C button to go into aiming mode, where you'll have pixel-perfect accuracy with the Wii remote; then you tap B-trigger to fire. 

-The Wii version of Manhunt 2 looks noticeably better than the PS2 version. Rockstar Toronto has used the extra horsepower that Nintendo's console delivers to "up the gore." For starters, character models in the Wii version will display realistic blood splatters, bruising, gunshot wounds, gashes, and head wounds. In addition, blood will actually spray the screen during combat and executions in the Wii iteration, just as it will accumulate on Danny as he explores the asylum. Considering how important the gore factor is to Manhunt 2, these are all welcomed additions. The title meanwhile looks very sharp on Wii, moves at a steady 30 frames per second, and runs in both 480p and 16:9 widescreen modes.

-Manhunt 2 is set to hit Wii on July 10.

-Representatives for Rockstar told us that they don't consider the Wii build a port of any kind, but rather an affair catered specifically for the Wii audience. Call us sick, but we couldn't be more excited because Nintendo's console will be home to the definitive version.

(For Screens scroll down the page chimpettes) 

So let me get my ducks in order here. Rockstar say that this is "an affair catered specifically for the Wii audience." And Ubisoft making games for that same 'audience' announce Horsez 2 and My Word Coach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

This is the kind of Wii game I could really dig into. They should make Mario an unlockable extra playable character after your first completion. Mama-Miya. :lol:

I'm playing the original on Xbox right now, and the new one seems to be much matured on all fronts over this one.Have you picked it up yet GG?

oli444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 oli444
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Manhunt 2!!??, wow! that must be pretty damn good, especially on the Wii :D
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts
That's it! I'm buying it :D
Korn_Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Korn_Wallace
Member since 2002 • 1950 Posts
Good god man! From the sounds of this game the motion controls along with the rumble and perhaps the speaker on the Wiimote can lead to a very imersive and potentially bone chillingly realistic experience in this game. Let's how the finished product turns out.
Heathcliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 Heathcliff
Member since 2003 • 8843 Posts
This is gonna be awesome! :D   Using the remote and nunchuck for all those nasty things is fine contrast to all those cute mini-game collections.   I can't wait!
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

Whenever I see a thread with the word groin in it, I have to post. It's an addiction.

What a stunning description. This thread will catch fire faster than a haystack.  

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gaminggeek

This is the kind of Wii game I could really dig into. They should make Mario an unlockable extra playable character after your first completion. Mama-Miya. :lol:

I'm playing the original on Xbox right now, and the new one seems to be much matured on all fronts over this one.Have you picked it up yet GG?

EdgecrusherAza

Nah I still have a bunch of Xbox stuff to complete and between 3 systems I have no time to go back and start picking up older titles, which I probably should. If we had the summer gaming drought I would consider it but I'm up to the eyeballs in Oblivion, elebits, Phoenix Wright 2 and virtual console games and of course animal crossing. Then i stil have a boatload of Xbox games to complete.

Screens:

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Whenever I see Steel replying to a post that has the word groin in it, I feel the need to post too...

It's a stalker thing...

Now what were we talking abo...?!

OMG ! ! !

They do an upwards cut with a what... where...?!

*Phantom_Leo faints dead away*

whos_next000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 whos_next000
Member since 2006 • 11892 Posts
Too bad the graphics don't look so good.
Avatar image for banjobear_basic
banjobear_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 banjobear_basic
Member since 2002 • 2643 Posts

yay rockstar listened to fan's wishes. Now it's time to make a full torture simulation game.

Which do you guys prefer for the torture simulation game? High-def graphic detailed in the 360 + ps3 or the more interactive wii version?

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts
With enhanced graphics and it looks like Rockstar is taking the motion controls seriously I think I may actually pick up this game.  Take note Ubisoft next time you decide to port something to the Wii.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaminggeek

yay rockstar listened to fan's wishes. Now it's time to make a full torture simulation game.

Which do you guys prefer for the torture simulation game? High-def graphic detailed in the 360 + ps3 or the more interactive wii version?

banjobear_basic

"Consider for one moment that in Manhunt 2 you can, Wii remote and nunchuk in hands, use a pair of pliers to clamp onto an enemy's testicles and literally tear them from his body in a bloody display; and if that weren't enough, you'll take one of the poor victim's vertebrae along with his manhood."

Jack Thompson is SO going to be suing everybody.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
Normally I'm not a fan of gory and excessively violent games, but if this one ends up being as graphic as it's being suggested I may pick it up just because of how many people it's going to piss off. 
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phantom_Leo
[QUOTE="banjobear_basic"]

gaminggeek

"Consider for one moment that in Manhunt 2 you can, Wii remote and nunchuk in hands, use a pair of pliers to clamp onto an enemy's testicles and literally tear them from his body in a bloody display; and if that weren't enough, you'll take one of the poor victim's vertebrae along with his manhood."

*Phantom_Leo wakes up, reads latest post, vomits and faints dead away a second time.*

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phantom_Leo

My God! I thought RockStar was just starting to like the Wii!

...It seems as if Manhunt 2 is all about 101 ways to mutilate one!

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

Phantom_Leo

:lol:

Hey! This game isn't 20 years old... what are you doing posting in a thread about it?! :P

This game is not a definite buy for me--I'm not sure how I'd take all that gore (it's pretty much all about the gore, really). But if it releases to great reviews, I may have to get it! The Wii's hardcore library needs this, and I'm no casual.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phantom_Leo
[QUOTE="Phantom_Leo"]

Angry_Beaver

:lol:

Hey! This game isn't 20 years old... what are you doing posting in a thread about it?! :P

This game is not a definite buy for me--I'm not sure how I'd take all that gore (it's pretty much all about the gore, really). But if it releases to great reviews, I may have to get it! The Wii's hardcore library needs this, and I'm no casual.

I was looking for information on new Virtual Console releases and got lost on the way...

I KNEW I should have made that left turn at Albuquerque!

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Sounds like Manhunt alright, and the screens definitely look sharper. I don't like it how the Wii version got three exclusive weapons, though.

appleater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 appleater
Member since 2002 • 1574 Posts
[QUOTE="banjobear_basic"]

gaminggeek

Jack Thompson grew tired of fighting and is spending the summer vacationing on the beach in Florida eating hot dogs with lots of relish.  If he happens to gaze at gamers in tight speedos using the Wii-mote to play Manhunt, he won't be able to deal with the emotions washing over him and will sue both Wendy's and Microsoft.

Dolacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Dolacide
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
Good to hear that it won't just be a port of the PS2 version.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Yeesh. That sounds pretty nasty. Now, normally I'm not one to complain about a game's content, but from what I've seen so far, I'm kinda thinking that Manhunt 2 is pushing the limit between gaming and just overall bad taste.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
OMFG. This is the awesomest thing since the chainsaw. They actually ARE using my ideas of implementing wiimote functionality into the executions and deaths, this is pure awesome times 1000. Testicle ripping? Groin sawing? GOTY. *preorders*
Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts
Now that I think about it, With the description of how the action is in the game(and how you control it), Rockstar is walking the line between M and AO(although, at least here in the US, as long as they keep any and all actions relating to sex away from the game, it should stay an M).
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gaminggeek
I think this game may be banned in the UK, after the whole Manhunt murder case was hyped by the media. Even though the judge admonished the game and publisher of any link. The media are going to go ape **** over this. The tabloids especially and the tabloid TV news (ITV step forward)
appleater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 appleater
Member since 2002 • 1574 Posts

I thought Nintendo was going to stay on the safe side of the violent video game controversy.  I got a Wii because of the controller and baseball, but the controller is tempting me to explore its true potential in all of its good or evil "glory."  :)

I agree this will be a very controversial game, perhaps the most controversial. 

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Best thread title ever.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts
Rockstar is awesome, Manhunt 2 looks good and this game might be banned!
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts

I think this game may be banned in the UK, after the whole Manhunt murder case was hyped by the media. Even though the judge admonished the game and publisher of any link. The media are going to go ape **** over this. The tabloids especially and the tabloid TV news (ITV step forward)gaminggeek

I dont think the reaction will be any worse, nor will it be banned.  Yes this stuff is wonderfully violent, but you cant really say that someone was able to kill another person with an axe by training on manhunt...because the motions needed for killing someone with an axe are known to everybody. 

lightmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 lightmonkey
Member since 2005 • 7010 Posts
I could never bring myself to play a game like this, I just can't take any pleasure out of it. Good thing it's on the Wii though, keeps those kiddy arguements at bay.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Yeah, I read that article... it made my balls hurt. :|
yomi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 yomi_basic
Member since 2002 • 3915 Posts
If nothing else the game will cause some controversy. The first one was not terribly fun for me so hopefully they improve the story for this next one.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]I think this game may be banned in the UK, after the whole Manhunt murder case was hyped by the media. Even though the judge admonished the game and publisher of any link. The media are going to go ape **** over this. The tabloids especially and the tabloid TV news (ITV step forward)nuttybar

I dont think the reaction will be any worse, nor will it be banned.  Yes this stuff is wonderfully violent, but you cant really say that someone was able to kill another person with an axe by training on manhunt...because the motions needed for killing someone with an axe are known to everybody. 

Yeah maybe banned was putting it in stronger terms, maybe in Austrailia or Germany where they can be quite strict. But in Britain a negative media reaction (mainstream) may cause some retailers to not stock it.

overfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 overfeind
Member since 2004 • 2984 Posts
I need to preorder this game before the ban.
nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
[QUOTE="nuttybar"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]I think this game may be banned in the UK, after the whole Manhunt murder case was hyped by the media. Even though the judge admonished the game and publisher of any link. The media are going to go ape **** over this. The tabloids especially and the tabloid TV news (ITV step forward)gaminggeek

I dont think the reaction will be any worse, nor will it be banned. Yes this stuff is wonderfully violent, but you cant really say that someone was able to kill another person with an axe by training on manhunt...because the motions needed for killing someone with an axe are known to everybody.

Yeah maybe banned was putting it in stronger terms, maybe in Austrailia or Germany where they can be quite strict. But in Britain a negative media reaction (mainstream) may cause some retailers to not stock it.

If I remember right HMV kept it on shelves and they had a big boost in Manhunt sales, so I would even expect some retailers to look at that and keep it on shevles because its more likely to sell.  After all, any publicity, is good publicity. 

Bampaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bampaz
Member since 2007 • 500 Posts

Rockstar is awesome, Manhunt 2 looks good and this game might be banned!toment

Rockstargames are my favorite. I love them for GTA series and Manhunt. 

Bampaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bampaz
Does anybody knows if we'll be able to play it on PC?
bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

Does anybody knows if we'll be able to play it on PC?Bampaz

As of now i think it's only Wii, PS2, PSP 

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Genital mutilation! Can I get a hell yeah?

Hell yeah!

Bampaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bampaz

[QUOTE="Bampaz"]Does anybody knows if we'll be able to play it on PC?bugsonglass

As of now i think it's only Wii, PS2, PSP

Damn.

Andonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Andonio
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
This game looks sooooo awesome. Now I'm not as bothered that GTA IV won't be on the Wii. We can just say "We have Manhunt 2".
Bampaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bampaz

(This post was deleted at the request of a Moderator or Administrator)

From one side you're right, because beating a laying guy isn't very, you know, good... But that's just a game, people should think about the possible mental consequences before playing it

Heathcliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45 Heathcliff
Member since 2003 • 8843 Posts

This game looks sooooo awesome. Now I'm not as bothered that GTA IV won't be on the Wii. We can just say "We have Manhunt 2".Andonio

. . .so bragging is all you care about?  

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
That ONE game makes me wish I had a Wii... damn.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
Holy crap...I may just have to pick this up when I get a Wii :o
ghostadv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghostadv
Member since 2004 • 3080 Posts
I'll probably pick this game up, hoping taht they give you some sort of incentive or replay value to go back to it.
trifecta_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 trifecta_basic
Member since 2003 • 11542 Posts

From Nintendo's perspective, I don't see this game doing the console any good.  They got everything going there way right now, there is no need for negative attention.  The DS shows, Nintendo does not need Rockstar, if I were them I wouldn't publish the game. 

But I think like the first the game beyond the gore there will be a hidden message and a great story underneath it all.  So I'll grab it on day one. 

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Sounds like Rockstar is making another commercial failure (even on platforms whose owners have proven receptive to M rated games).  The Manhunt makers (a different team each time) seem to labor under the same delusion Jack Thompson does, namely, that a meaningful number of people play games for the sheer joy of mutilation.  Sales charts don't bear out this claim.  While there are tons of extremely popular games on non-Nintendo systems which don't shy away from the red stuff, smart game makers normally focus on promoting gameplay/game design.  F.E.A.R. allows one to destroy one's opponents in horrifying ways (blowing off limbs, nailing them to walls, etc) but without exception all of the praise of F.E.A.R. focuses on the A.I. and the quality of the action.  But rather than focus on what players care about, Rockstar is once again keying on the trivial (ohh, the goriest game ever, when does this fascinating product come out :roll: ).

People I respect on this forum have said Manhunt (which I never got around to playing) is a well designed game, but one wouldn't know it based on Rockstar's promotion of it.  I had an eye on Manhunt 2, but given that Rockstar is holding back weapons from the non-Wii version, I'll focus my attention on games whose designers are looking to develop the best version of the game possible on a platform I care about.