Manhunt 2 (Wii) Preview: Upwards saw through a mans groin

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Sounds like Rockstar is making another commercial failure (even on platforms whose owners have proven receptive to M rated games).  The Manhunt makers (a different team each time) seem to labor under the same delusion Jack Thompson does, namely, that a meaningful number of people play games for the sheer joy of mutilation.  Sales charts don't bear out this claim.  While there are tons of extremely popular games on non-Nintendo systems which don't shy away from the red stuff, smart game makers normally focus on promoting gameplay/game design.  F.E.A.R. allows one to destroy one's opponents in horrifying ways (blowing off limbs, nailing them to walls, etc) but without exception all of the praise of F.E.A.R. focuses on the A.I. and the quality of the action.  But rather than focus on what players care about, Rockstar is once again keying on the trivial (ohh, the goriest game ever, when does this fascinating product come out :roll: ).

People I respect on this forum have said Manhunt (which I never got around to playing) is a well designed game, but one wouldn't know it based on Rockstar's promotion of it.  I had an eye on Manhunt 2, but given that Rockstar is holding back weapons from the non-Wii version, I'll focus my attention on games whose designers are looking to develop the best version of the game possible on a platform I care about.

CarnageHeart

And it was a well designed game so what's the problem?
They market it like this so that they get publicity (Not that it was the highest seller last time around was it?) and they're probably anouncing stuff around it now to take some heat off GTA: IV.
Who cares though, if it's a well designed game that is decent enough does it matter if it's marketed like that?
No imo.

And as for more weapons in the wii version, who cares really it's just three weapons. Diffrent versions of games often have slight diffrences like that.
There was some extra stuff on the GTAs on the xbox as far as I can remember but I could be wrong.