ITT: Share your gaming opinions you would get flamed for here.

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

The Battlefield series is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good session of BC2, but I hate how it's fans always bring it up as though it's the second coming of Jesus, especially in any thread/article that simply mentions CoD.

I prefer console gaming to PC gaming. Though I can understand why one might prefer PC, I personally don't care for many of the advantages PC gaming has to offer, and rather like the ease-of-use of consoles.

/flameshield

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I think kb/m sucks, and actually do play games on PC. People say its better for FPS, but I don't think so at all. Its only better for strategy games and some rpgs (some)

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

duke nukem forever was better than almost every shooter ive played this gen

FFXIII is the best game ive played this gen

mass effect 2 was awful in almost every way

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

The Battlefield series is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good session of BC2, but I hate how it's fans always bring it up as though it's the second coming of Jesus, especially in any thread/article that simply mentions CoD.

I prefer console gaming to PC gaming. Though I can understand why one might prefer PC, I personally don't care for many of the advantages PC gaming has to offer, and rather like the ease-of-use of consoles.

/flameshield

Xeros606

i sir drink to your oppinion on battlefeild, CHEERS

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

mass effect 2 was awful in almost every way

jsh020

I wholeheartedly agree. It felt way more repetitive than the first. They should have focused more on the RPG aspects of the game than the TPS aspects.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
statistics are not terribly important in RPG's. in fact, there are numerous games where i see them as getting in the way of deep roleplaying.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

thread should be in sw

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus is boring and overrated.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

hate almost all nintendo-created games (mario, zelda, metroid) along with almost all the final fantasy games and frickin halo (ok, that one's not to shocking)

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackDevil99

I think kb/m sucks, and actually do play games on PC. People say its better for FPS, but I don't think so at all. Its only better for strategy games and some rpgs (some)

good_sk8er7
and this! the 360 controller is awesome on the pc!
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

I hate JRPG's.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Turn based combat is archaic and JRPG's are garbage. How many boy/girl protagonist and F.F. esque games need to be made.

Halo this gen sucks. (loved it last gen)Itmade COD the FPS to play simply cause peopledidn't want to play that medicore **** anymore.

COD MW2 was one of the worst games I've had the misfortune to ever play and I regret the time and money I spent on it. I'll play but never ownanother COD... I really won't. I was literally offered B.O. for free (not exaggerating) and still turned it down.

PS3 exclusives crush 360 exclusives. In thegraphics department at least.

And **** casuals,there whatstrulyruining gaming... Followed by corporations greed. So **** M$, Activision, EA, and anyone with more money then me. (which is everyone)

One more! One more!.. XboxLive is a scam andanyone paying to be force fed advertisments is an idiot. Myself included..

TheSacredFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 TheSacredFlame
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

I'm tired of all these military shooters. Everything FPS looks the same and that's why I would rather play Duke Nukem Forever (I don't care if the graphics don't look apealling. I want something different.) than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

I'm kinda of excited about the new up and coming Resident Evil game for consoles, it reminds me of Left for dead which I like, but I would rather havethe game that goes back to its roots.

I see almost no apeal to the Xbox 360, except for the superior console multiplats 90% of the time (but the difference isn't too noticible most of the time)and Halo.

Sony's exclusives>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft's exclusives.

I feel that most PC gamers are elitists, but lately i've seen some really cool ones so I've changed my mine on that one.

The PSP has almost nothing on it. If MGS Portible Opswould've been included in the MGS:Collections and if SquareEnix would port their games onto the PS3 then the only thing that would make me want one is Valkria Chonicles 2.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
The majority of JRPG's use the same boring combat system. Fighting over exclusives is laughable at this day and age. And I still don't understand what made the SNES/NES games so "good".
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Uncharted 2 looks kind of meh... I've never played it, but I was never as excited for it as everyone else. Still can't decide if I want it or not.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

muramasa: the demon blade, sin and punishment: star successor, demon's souls, bayonetta, and akai katana shin are the 5 best games this generation.

shmups have the most replayability.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackDevil99

Uncharted 2 looks kind of meh... I've never played it, but I was never as excited for it as everyone else. Still can't decide if I want it or not.

lensflare15
you can skip it, unless ur REALLY into platforming and adventure games, i'm not so it was pretty meh.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

MGS4 is one of the most overrated games in the history of gaming. I hate Oblivion with a passion and think Skyrim looks to be just as boring. Mass Effect 2 was average.

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
FPS games are better on consoles, Zelda games are overrated, Demon's Souls is downright terrible, I prefer the original Xbox controller to any of the other xbox or 360 controllers, and the PS controllers are still better than all of them. FFVII was the worst FF from the PS1 era by a mile.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

MGS4 is one of the most overrated games in the history of gaming. I hate Oblivion with a passion and think Skyrim looks to be just as boring. Mass Effect 2 was average.

Rekunta
Oh I came into this thread to state every single one of those points :o I am not alone
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The Metal Gear Solid series is like an elementary school kid tried to write a Tom Clancy novel. It's as if Kojima's total knowledge of how the real world works comes from reading comic books or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

MGS4 is the worst one in the series. Easily beaten by MGS3.

Halo is a horrible franchise with really dull characters that has been milked too much

Uncharted 3 doesn't excite me at all. Looks like the same old campaign formula as before. Big opening, introduce characters and the problems they face,get into trouble,vehicle section,monster encounter,big finish.The exact same as U2

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
LOL, people still think hating Halo is a big deal? Hey guys, 2002 called, it wants it's controversial opinion back.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lensflare15

[QUOTE="lensflare15"]

BlackDevil99

you can skip it, unless ur REALLY into platforming and adventure games, i'm not so it was pretty meh.

I liked the first, but that was mainly because of the setting and Nathan Drake... The second honestly doesn't look as good to me. (And I only like some Action/Adventure games).

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lensflare15

Ugh. This thread makes me want to vomit. Not because of any of the opinions within, but because the people sharing them are so convinced these opinions are so damned special that they warrant some kind of extra attention. They do not.RandoIph

Um... I don't know about everybody else, but I was just keeping with the topic of the thread. I don't care if anyone notices my opinion or not, it's just for fun...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="RandoIph"]Ugh. This thread makes me want to vomit. Not because of any of the opinions within, but because the people sharing them are so convinced these opinions are so damned special that they warrant some kind of extra attention. They do not.lensflare15

Um... I don't know about everybody else, but I was just keeping with the topic of the thread. I don't care if anyone notices my opinion or not, it's just for fun...

Exactly. I did what TC asked me to do. I don't think im better than anyone else or that my opinion matters. Im a nobody that won't change anything. Big deal

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Ugh. This thread makes me want to vomit. Not because of any of the opinions within, but because the people sharing them are so convinced these opinions are so damned special that they warrant some kind of extra attention. They do not.RandoIph
Did you even look at the topic title before entering the thread at all?
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
I found SMG to be pretty boring, but enjoyed Nuts & Bolts. They're not the same genre of games, but still many think I'm weird for having this opinion.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

99% of all console FPSs are trash, play n' look basically the same, mediocre and generic with crossairs and weapons the size of half the screen, with 1 dimensional characters that are horrible in every way despite the fact that they are portrayed as 'badass', with campaigns that are basically directed by Michael Bay, hence worthless pieces of generic trash with horrid bland artistic st yles and basically portray everything that is horribly wrong with this generation of gaming.

Bioware is dead, and RPGs are in cesspool of failure. The only good western RPG developers left are CD projekt, Obsidian and Pirahna Bytes.

Gothic series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Elder Scrolls series.

The right way to be a gamer is to enjoy all games, regardless of age or platforms, and not be a fanboy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

EccentricWraith

Did you play (and understand the ending of) MGS2? By far the best in the series, if you get the full implications of the revelations at the end. They seriously dumbed down the series after that because of the fan backlash at its complexity.

Yeah I did and it was great but I didn't care too much for the characters. Everything about MGS3 really connected with me. I would play through it and just restart it everytime. I never got bored of it and must have finished it at least 30 times :P I love the characters and the setting of it. MGS2 is still good though. Still better than 4

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts
  • FFVII wasn't a very good game.
  • Halo CE is still the best game in the series. It only got worse with each new addition to the series until Reach.
  • I too, scratch my head over the supposed greatness of Shadow of the Colossus
  • Square Enix is a second-rate developer
  • HD enhancement of older games is the newest scam in gaming
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

EccentricWraith

Did you play (and understand the ending of) MGS2? By far the best in the series, if you get the full implications of the revelations at the end. They seriously dumbed down the series after that because of the fan backlash at its complexity.

Incoherence isn't "complexity." Even Kojima himself admits that he's confused by his own work. Not surprising given that some of his material is so poorly executed.

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts
  • Battlefield is VERY OVERRATED. It's an OK game, but fanboys make such a big deal out of it.
  • I'm not a CoD fanboy, nor am I a BF hater, but I just know that CoD will outsell BF this year, just like it outsold MoH last year.
  • I hate JRPG's...just ugh... I especially hate the FF series...
  • Demon's Souls is terrible.
  • PS3 Exclusives (except Demon's Souls) > XBOX Exlusives.
  • PC gaming isn't dying. It's being reborn. Slowly, but efficently. One exclusive at a time. The Witcher 2 is proof of that, BF 3 will look best on PC.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Battlefield is VERY OVERRATED. It's an OK game, but fanboys make such a big deal out of it.

• I'm not a CoD fanboy, nor am I a BF hater, but I just know that CoD will outsell BF this year, just like it outsold MoH last year.AleksandarTale
Yeah, I totally agree, I'm looking forward to BF3, but I know it will not live up to the hype. If you say anything even hinting at that you get flamed to **** though
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

[QUOTE="AleksandarTale"]Battlefield is VERY OVERRATED. It's an OK game, but fanboys make such a big deal out of it.

• I'm not a CoD fanboy, nor am I a BF hater, but I just know that CoD will outsell BF this year, just like it outsold MoH last year.Overlord93
Yeah, I totally agree, I'm looking forward to BF3, but I know it will not live up to the hype. If you say anything even hinting at that you get flamed to **** though

Yeah, I remember the hype about MoH: every five minutes there would be a topic like " Honor is better than Duty" ; " Honor vs. Duty " etc. Those topics made me laugh. :D The hype just died when the game was actually released.

CoD has flaws too, it has a LOT of flaws, but Black Ops was really better than MoH.

I think that BF 3 will sell more than last year's MoH, but I repeat: I don't think it will outsell CoD.

And I just thought of something else:

• I like Uncharted, but it will finally be de-throned as "king" of the adventure genre when the new Tomb Raider gets released.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Rather than improve gaming, the shift to 3D had an immediate negative impact where it seemed as though every major franchise made huge steps toward one another in terms of look and feel, rather than seperating further and going down their own distinct paths. Nintendo was a prime offender. Ocarina of Time and F-Zero X were the games that made me ultimately give up on the Nintendo 64. Street Fighter IV wrecked the fighting community with a bunch of newcomers who lack standards and think everything is awesome. Shoryuken itself has followed suit with its tendency to grant coverage to literally every fighting game that gets announced, leaving us with a fighting scene that can no longer successfully vet releases. That you can now to go SRK and talk about Smash Bros or Killer Instinct without getting laughed out of the place is evidence of just how far the community has fallen. Overemphasis on real-time battle systems (as opposed to ATB or outright turn-based) is killing JRPGs. If I want an action game, I'll play Devil May Cry. That being said, Too much simplicity in turn-based churns out pure s***. Two of the biggest offenders are the Suikoden and Dragon Quest franchises. I will not sleep through a boring game to get a good story. Thankfully, both franchises appear to be improving. Considering its marketshare and just how varied the hardware can be, the fact that PC gaming even has an identity to speak of is pathetic. If it had a mainstream software lineup as varied as the operational PCs out in the world (not just the ones built for gaming), we wouldn't be hearing about all these efforts to pull in the casual gamer today. We'd already have pretty much everybody on board. If so-called arcade racers (most Need For Speed, Split/Second, Flatout, etc) were replaced entirely with true arcade racers (Ridge Racer, Sega Rally, OutRun, etc), gaming would be better. I hold the entire Grandia series collectively above the entire remainder of the RPG genre. Grandia was born with the greatest battle system ever, and unlike Square-Enix's handling of Final Fantasy over the last ten years or so, ESP knows better than to f*** with a good thing.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Nintendo is ruining gaming and should drop out of the gaming race IMO. LoZ and Metroid are both extremely overrated IMO.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts

Rather than improve gaming, the shift to 3D had an immediate negative impact where it seemed as though every major franchise made huge steps toward one another in terms of look and feel, rather than seperating further and going down their own distinct paths. Nintendo was a prime offender.

Ocarina of Time and F-Zero X were the games that made me ultimately give up on the Nintendo 64.

Street Fighter IV wrecked the fighting community with a bunch of newcomers who lack standards and think everything is awesome. Shoryuken itself has followed suit with its tendency to grant coverage to literally every fighting game that gets announced, leaving us with a fighting scene that can no longer successfully vet releases. That you can now to go SRK and talk about Smash Bros or Killer Instinct without getting laughed out of the place is evidence of just how far the community has fallen.

Overemphasis on real-time battle systems (as opposed to ATB or outright turn-based) is killing JRPGs. If I want an action game, I'll play Devil May Cry.

That being said, Too much simplicity in turn-based churns out pure s***. Two of the biggest offenders are the Suikoden and Dragon Quest franchises. I will not sleep through a boring game to get a good story. Thankfully, both franchises appear to be improving.

Considering its marketshare and just how varied the hardware can be, the fact that PC gaming even has an identity to speak of is pathetic. If it had a mainstream software lineup as varied as the operational PCs out in the world (not just the ones built for gaming), we wouldn't be hearing about all these efforts to pull in the casual gamer today. We'd already have pretty much everybody on board.

If so-called arcade racers (most Need For Speed, Split/Second, Flatout, etc) were replaced entirely with true arcade racers (Ridge Racer, Sega Rally, OutRun, etc), gaming would be better.

I hold the entire Grandia series collectively above the entire remainder of the RPG genre. Grandia was born with the greatest battle system ever, and unlike Square-Enix's handling of Final Fantasy over the last ten years or so, ESP knows better than to f*** with a good thing.DarkCatalyst

Quoting this post to get it off the previous page and the...whatever that was that happened to it.

FinalB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FinalB
Member since 2011 • 160 Posts

Xbox exclusives are garbage and Nintendo exclusives are overated. Wow, I feel a lot better now.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

The Wii was hands down the worst piece of technology I have ever owned (selling it was one of the best decisions I have ever made, I got enough money to purchase a real console!) and the amount of horrible games (some so bad I won't even classify them as a game) on that atrocious console was just ridiculous.

I also find Uncharted to be an extremely overrated game, it just plays out like any other cover-based shooter (with some "meh" platforming sequences thrown in between) and is just... average.

Anyways, I know I've managed to upset two different kinds of fans here, but its just my honest opinion and if you find the Wii or Uncharted to be the next best thing since baked bread, then good for you!

Kimimaro_DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kimimaro_DS
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

99.9% of shooters are unfathomably boring.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#46 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
LOL randolph wins the objective of having the most flamed post. too bad its not about gaming.
Vangaurdius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Vangaurdius
Member since 2007 • 671 Posts

Battlefield 3 won't sell as well as Call of Duty. I enjoy Call of Duty. Bad Company was utter trash compared to previous titles. I won't buy Battlefield 3 unless they release mod tools, don't use punkbuster, and remove the special in game content and add it into the regular game for the day the game is released, later isn't good enough. Starcraft is overrated. There is very little strategy involved, it's just a game of numbers. Valve is overrated along with all their games. Blizzard is overrated. Japanese games are awful with horrible characters that only seem to appeal to angsty teenagers, or people with mental maturity of angsty teenagers. Bioware RPG's suck. Especially the stupid romance **** that is completely disconnected from reality and absurd beyond belief. The wii is a great console and incredibly fun to play, especially with friends. The problem with hardcore games like ArmA and Gothic is that they are buggy as ****. I'd enjoy those a lot more if they put some ****ing effort into making sure they work properly without countless numbers of glitches. Lastly, I couldn't care less about developers or their jobs.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 QuistisTrepe_

LOL randolph wins the objective of having the most flamed post. too bad its not about gaming.LoG-Sacrament

What do you expect? He spends more time critiquing threads than actually contributing to them.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

You want the truth? Kay here it is!

Games right now are better than ever. We're in gamings golden age and no one seem to realize it.

jadaski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jadaski1
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

Claiming that games are art, and especially attempting to make games more artistic for the sake of artistry is pure crap. Games are better off being games; tools of entertainment. Trying to make gaming a form of art is like throwing a circus clown into a sex scene. Sure, the clown might appeal to people who are passionate about clowns, but seriously... take your clown and get the hell out.