ITT: Share your gaming opinions you would get flamed for here.

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jadaski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jadaski1
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

You want the truth? Kay here it is!

Games right now are better than ever. We're in gamings golden age and no one seem to realize it.

aGOODdude

Agreed, and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon, either.

September through November is going to be an absolutely incredible period for gaming.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

[QUOTE="aGOODdude"]

You want the truth? Kay here it is!

Games right now are better than ever. We're in gamings golden age and no one seem to realize it.

jadaski1

Agreed, and it doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon, either.

September through November is going to be an absolutely incredible period for gaming.

Thank you good sir, too bad I can't agree with you.

I just don't think that video games have found its "true self" yet. Many games just wanna be movies, others wanna be card games and some just wanna be pretty.

As video games continue to mature and "find itself" I think it'll become more and more evident that video games can be art just like movies, music, paintings etc.

SaintForHire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SaintForHire
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts

I only play pc games anymore, but I think all the pc gamers who say consoles ruined their lives are lame.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Exclusives are a load of overrated crap (with a few exceptions) everyone needs to stop arguing about

Multiplats are the way to go

Red Dead Redemption single player is extremely boring after one playthrough

Valve is hugely overrated

Source engine is horrible

XBL is a better service than PSN

PC's advantages over consoles don't exactly bother me

Mass Effect is an RPG

Nintendo is completely meh

Western devs >>>>>> Eastern devs

Dragon Age 2 is a decent game, and doesn't deserve as much hate

I think that's it :P

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#55 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Prefer console to PC, Majora's Mask is the best game ever (hence better than Ocarina), I like Final Fantasy XIII so far and Pokemon White is as good as the GSC generation. Also I think the story in Half Life 2 is a little basic. And Red Dead Redemption was nothing special, aside from shooting.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

Military shooters need to DIE!

COD is complete and utter garbage.

No game or company is "Overrated" Its merely opinion.

I liked DA2

PC gaming is making a comeback

I hope gears of war 3 fails.

Fallout 3 sucks

People need to shut up about battlefield 3. I can't put up with this until october.

Most of the PC gamers here are elitist pricks (with some exceptions) that make the rest of us look bad.

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

i have a smile on my face about how many oppinions i agree with, i wish people were more open about them, i seriously though i was the only person in the entire world that didnt like me2

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jsh020

99.9% of shooters are unfathomably boring.

Kimimaro_DS
see like this, i dont even think this is a oppinion im starting to think its fact, what metro 2033, resistance 1 and 2(2 not for everybody) and DNF ar eht eonly shooters ive had fun with in a long time, and long time=9 years
pomd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pomd1
Member since 2010 • 314 Posts

I couldn't care less about mods.

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jsh020

I couldn't care less about mods.

pomd1
garrys mod, the only mod thats really worth a d*mn, and even then its just half life 2 in alpha stage
MountainManQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MountainManQ
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

i cant stand gta IV. i tried twice to get into it, and just couldnt. as a result, i stay away from similar games (RDR, LA Noire)

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gmaster456

i cant stand gta IV. i tried twice to get into it, and just couldnt. as a result, i stay away from similar games (RDR, LA Noire)

MountainManQ
L.A Noire is NOTHING like GTA or RDR. I don't get why people keep comparing them. Is it the publisher?
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are terrible games.

KB/M completely sucks for a LOT of games, especially those that arent FPS or RTS.

The Call of Duty series is amazing.

Halo series sucks.

Stalker series sucks.

TentacleMayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 TentacleMayor
Member since 2008 • 1469 Posts
COD games are good, competitive, and popular for good reasons. Final Fantasy 13 is a step in the right direction after the disappointment that was 12. Hopefully XIII-2 is going to be like X-2. World of Warcraft is the pinnacle of grinding-based MMORPGs, and top of its class for a reason. I laugh at people who say WoW is bad and that (X) MMORPG is better, with the exception of EVE Online, which is a whole different story. Fallout 3 and Oblivion are only considered great because there is little competition in free-roaming RPGs, and standards are low. Dragon Age is overrated, with a boring story, drab world and the most insufferable characters I have seen. And most of all: You CAN judge a game by its cover. If a game has poor artwork and presentation, chances are it'll be bad in other ways too. If it has words like 'wacky', 'weird', 'zany', or 'baby' in the title, it's going to be casual, neglected and probably awful. If it's the title of a Disney movie, it's going to be mediocre. You can't get a full impression of a game without playing it through yourself, but many trends are predictable and reliable in gaming. Edit: No idea why this damn board screws up my formatting.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#65 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

COD games are good, competitive, and popular for good reasons.TentacleMayor

+1

and Activision responding to the high demand of yearly installments is actually good for the games industry...

Games for the most part are a product of design, not a creation of art.

Games are better today than in the past.

Digital Distribution is superior.

Mass Effect 2 is an RPG,

Strategy games are the pinnacle of games as a challenge.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#66 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

The original Dues Ex is nothing what it's made out to be. It's not that immersive, the characters are seriously lacking in quality and the game has aged worse then a New Vegas whore.

So it's suppose to be amazing because it lets you have options! Like if you want to shoot your way to the top of the building or crawl around in conveniently placed vents (there's always a vent) and then we are suppose to be able to change parts of the story with options we take, but the options were all fake, I tried and tried to side with the corporation I was working for, I didn't care less about my brother, I wanted to be pals with the other biomod users but no, the game won't let me, I end up as the renegade anyway going through the liner story like I'm stuck on a train I can't get off. So basically the extent of the games immersion and choices revolves around rather or not you want to make the game hard for yourself by using tranquilizer darts and vent crawling or if you rarther go easy mode and abuse the games piss poor AI by sniping a solider at a distance, waiting for his buddies to walk over to the corpse then snipe them instead, repeat until the entire proximity of bad guys are dead on the same spot.

Crap game, no wonder Ironstorm are dead if that's suppose to be the best they did.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Ooh, this is interesting :P. No offense to anybody or anything, as this really is just my own opinion and preferences and it's all in good fun :). Here are my gaming opinions: I never could get in to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I find the overall look and gameplay of Fallout 3 to be completely boring. I would much rather play Oblivion out of the two. I wanted to try Mass Effect, but after seeing my brother play it at the beginning, I saw that there were a million pieces of text to read. That wouldn't be fun to me, so that is why I still have never played Mass Effect (including 2). Well, I have wanted to try Mass Effect 2, but apparantly stuff carries over if you have played Mass Effect 1... so it kind of feels like a half of a game, in that way. Bioshock is boring. I loved the first hour, after that I played it for about another 2 or 3 hours and I just got so bored on the game and never played it since. While I completely understand the problems with Hour of Victory, I wanted this game so bad when it was first released because I had been playing Call of Duty for years, and I had grown to love my WWII FPS games. Needless to say, I do actually like that game. The same can be applied for The History Channel: Battle For The Pacific. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and 2: Dog Days are actually really fun shooters that are a million times better than, for example, the Halo series. The Halo series has always been "meh" to me. Perhaps it's the way they do the whole "Sci-Fi" thing. I don't mind the games, don't get me wrong, as I would like to eventually own Halo Reach and Combat Evolved Anniversary, but I find the games to be my least favourite FPS out there. TimeShift is a fun game, and it is quite unique in the way that it plays, and even looks sometimes. It is kind of what Halo should have been (not including the puzzle elements, as Halo doesn't have any of that) BlackSite: Area 51 is a great game. The story is fine, and the locations, enemies and gameplay is really fun. Quake II and III: Arena/Arena Arcade is a game that is a million times better than Halo. To me it feels like Halo is a poor mans Quake, especially Quake III. The Punisher was one of the most original and fun shooters of last gen. Resident Evil Survivor is an awesome game, and I really don't see what the problem is. The graphics are a slight downgrade at it's time of release (after all 3 of the originals were already out), but they still looked fine. Kind of reminded me of a FPS version of RE1 and 2. Resident Evil: Dead Aim is fantastic. Short it may be, but it is very fun. I have completed this game many times. Resident Evil 4 is an amazing game (many people do agree with me) but it is still as fun as the original 3. While not much Resident Evil (I am an original fan as well, coming in at RE2 back in 1998), it is still one of my favourite RE games. It's just a whole load of fun! (RE5 on the other hand is great, but not as good as 4) Those are some of my opinions. Remember, these are all just my personal opinions that I've taken out of my head :).
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts

Bioshock is boring. I loved the first hour, after that I played it for about another 2 or 3 hours and I just got so bored on the game and never played it since.Ashley_wwe

I never understood all the hype surrounding Bioshock either. It's "okay" as in fairly entertaining but nothing special. I think it's like Gears of War or Crysis, one of those games whose fanboys hype to no end just because it has a few elements that separate it from the majority.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gmaster456

one of those games whose fanboys hype to no end just because it has a few elements that separate it from the majority.

Xeros606

Thats not a reason to hype?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23920 Posts

I consider WoW to be one of the worst mmos I have ever played, only really worse than Ragnarok Online and I have played a lot of MMOs.
I hate stat tracking so much and wish it would go away (especially with all the kdr players)
I only enjoyed 2 games on the PS3
I enjoyed Alpha Protocol
I enjoy finding similarities between Bioware to Stephanie Meyer and Justin Bieber

99% of all console shooters are trash, play n' look basically the same, mediocre and generic with crossairs and weapons the size of half the screen, with 1 dimensional characters that are horrible in every way despite the fact that they are portrayed as 'badass', with campaigns that are basically directed by Michael Bay, hence worthless pieces of generic trash with horrid bland artistic st yles and basically portray everything that is horribly wrong with this generation of gaming.

Bioware is dead, and RPGs are in cesspool of failure. The only good western RPG developers left are CD projekt, Obsidian and Pirahna Bytes and Basilisk Games and maybe Radon Labs. I would have mentioned Taleworlds but they arent exactly western.

Gothic series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bethesda Softworks (Fallout 3 was a terrible, terrible game as well, and a disgrace to the Fallout series, FO:NV was good however).

The right way to be a gamer is to enjoy all games, regardless of age or platforms, and not be a fanboy.

Lucianu

Oh my goodness, we agree on so much. Bolded what I added and changed though.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

Dragon Age: Origins > Baldur's Gate/Planescape: Torment.

Fallout 1 & 2 suck. Fallout 3 is the best thing to have happened to the franchise.

The Nintendo Wii is a gimmick.

Vampire: Bloodlines is good, but not as good as a few of its fans would make it out to be. It's an 8.0-8.5, no more. I've played it a long time before the unofficial patches ever existed, very close to its release date. Couldn't finish it at first though, due to game-breaking bugs. It still has tons of flaws; I doubt some things could ever be fixed with a patch. Does it come close to BioWare's Dragon Age: Origins or Knights of the Old Republic? No, no it doesn't.

Nothing ever Troika has made comes close, actually. It wasn't a very remarkable studio to begin with. The only other title from them worth checking out would be Arcanum, and that's not saying much at all.

I laugh at anyone who thinks Duke is a remarkable character outside his fame in video game history.

"The cake is a lie" line/meme wasneverfunny.

Blizzard is meh. I liked World of Warcraft, and I'm looking forward to Diablo 3. But come on, Blizzard's art direction & writing suck so much. Huge, spiky, glowing weapons and armour; crappy one-liners their fans just love to quote ( Arthas, Illidan ), completely oblivious to how crappy, uninspired, base or otherwise unremarkable those characters are outside of their art direction.

No really, I want to get the chance to make my point clear this time. Just look at these quotes ( from wowwiki ):

Baelgun:I remember you, evil prince. You're the one that killed poor Muradin!
Arthas:Get over it already.

A Nerubian:Look, brothers! The traitor king!
Arthas:Who? Me?

Kel'Thuzad: Sheis persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.
Arthas:Shut up you damned ghost.

So, you're not upset about me killing you that one time?(to the reborn Kel'Thuzad)

Is this supposed to be funny? Were they drinking while writing the script for Warcraft 3? What were they thinking?! They're exhausting key moments in the plot of any kind of seriousness or importance.

Well, that's all for now, I guess.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Most games, most movies and most bands suck/mediocre............i find my little niche and that's about it, sometimes i wonder if i'm really a "gamer, __, ___" but whatever, i guess i'm just picky about i like. I won't waste my time on things that don't grip me, i'll go read a book, which is something i used to dislike but now have grown very fond of.
99% of all console FPSs are trash, play n' look basically the same, mediocre and generic with crossairs and weapons the size of half the screen, with 1 dimensional characters that are horrible in every way despite the fact that they are portrayed as 'badass', with campaigns that are basically directed by Michael BayLucianu
Ughhhhhhh, i played KZ2 not too long ago, then my cousin borrowed KZ3 and i was like "That's out already!?" Of course it's short, fortunately, cause it was a grind, i finished it just to finish (+ free) it i think i'm done with those games for a while. I recorded Transformers 2, how awful, it goes over the 2 hour mark i can't imagine sitting through it, i FF through most of it and just watched the action sequences......
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

2D > 3D
I thought MGS4 was mediocre.
I really enjoyed FF13.
God of War is overrated. Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are all much better.

Paintballman97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#75 Paintballman97
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts

The Battlefield series is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good session of BC2, but I hate how it's fans always bring it up as though it's the second coming of Jesus, especially in any thread/article that simply mentions CoD.

I prefer console gaming to PC gaming. Though I can understand why one might prefer PC, I personally don't care for many of the advantages PC gaming has to offer, and rather like the ease-of-use of consoles.

/flameshield

Xeros606

Battlefield series is not overrated. Many "fans" of the series has either only played BC2, or they have never played it all. And they have a point, a lot of people who enjoy CoD will bash Battlefield in a heartbeat. I don't get why CoD gets 4 years in the spotlight, then when BF3 arrives, everyone hates it and calls it overrated.

At first I thought people hated CoD because it was boring. However, I know now that people will simply hate things that are popular. BF3 is one of them.

djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

[QUOTE="MountainManQ"]

gmaster456

L.A Noire is NOTHING like GTA or RDR. I don't get why people keep comparing them. Is it the publisher?

Not true. They share the same mediocre (at best) shooting and driving mechanics (same engine, after all), butI enjoyed LA Noire for the most part (even if it all went to crap at the end), whereas I couldn't stand GTAIV (after really enjoying GTAIII and it's sequels) and RDR seems like it could be good but it's too tedious at the beginning for me to try progressing further.

Other opinions:

• Gears of War is horrible
  • God of War is boring
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 & Rainbow Six: Vegas are the two best shooters this generation so far
  • Gameplay be damned if the game has an awesome story: Mass Effect series is the best this generation
  • Uncharted 2's story is better than any action/adventure film released in the last few years (and the acting is probably better, too)
  • Modern Warfare 2 is garbage
  • Borderlands is fantastic, even playing solo
  • Motion controls made games like Super Mario Galaxy & Zelda: Twilight Princess unappealing
Bukimimaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bukimimaru
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Every time I say I don't like Bioshock, people look at me like I've taken a wizz on a puppy. I've tried on three separate occasions to get into it, but after a couple of hours I get restless. I think its the way the re-spawning works that makes me loose interest. If I know that I can just re-spawn 30 seconds down the corridor with more mana (or whatever it was) than i had when I died, it just killed off all the tension. On the flip side, I love Disgaea. It gets loads of flack because of the sheer amount of grinding involved just to get through the basic storyline, but the cute spites and stupid humor keep me coming back for 10 hour sessions at a time.
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

90% of all new! 'high quality' single player games get boring within 2 hours

Oh and COD WaW is the most underrated COD game ever, so much better then the newer installments.

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

Bethesda doesn't know how to make a rpg. Morrowind was amazing, but oblivion and fallout 3 sucked. As in they were crap. The fallout series should be handed over to Obsidian because they really know how to make a rpg and I don't want it being ruined by bethesda after experiencing New Vegas which I have to add was one of the best rpgs I've ever played.

In order to truly be an rpg you don't need stats or anything but you need to

(1) offer players choices. In Oblivion you get absolutely no choice in the main story, at all. You have to be the good guy and you can pretend you're actually evil but because the game doesn't offer that option or recognize it, it means nothing. And by choices I don't mean you can either be the white knight who saves the world and puts his life at risk for no gain to yourself whatsoever or be the phychotic killer who destroys the world for no reason other than blood lust, ! mean actual choices that are coated in shades of gray. You could save the world for a million dollars, ally with the enclave and kill Eden to profit off of selling water or screw everyone and take it for yourself.

(2) It needs to recognize those choices.

(3) It needs to have those choices have actual meaning, give consequences. In new vegas I was working for the NCR for some extra cash after I refused to go to the fort for mr. house because I thought it was suicide walking into their main camp after I killed some of them off even if pardoned me; I still didn't trust them. While working for the ncr they asked me to deal with some trouble in the slums. I go to the slums expecting to assassinate a guy but I decide to talk to the guy in charge to see if I could find out anything interesting. Turns out he's actually a very charismatic person who really understands whats going on in the slums and really wants to fix things but he's also not an idealist and his vision isn't clouded by any stupid dreams. So I end up working with him to fix some problems between the ncr and the kings (gang who have a lot of influence in the slums who he leads) but it turns out the the higher ups in the ncr don't like my decision and want me to go through with the assassination. I refuse and after doing a bit of extra work I manage to reach a peaceful ending for this quest. This quest also turns me away from the ncr and I end up helping mr. house. The game ends and it turns out I was a bad judge of character as mr. house, being a control freak, went into the slums to take full control of new vegas. He deemed the gang that I helped, and who was governing the slums and keeping things peaceful, as traitors because of the alliance they forged due to me. He ended up wiping all of them out; all because of that choice I made. Nothing like this can be found in Fallout 3 or Oblivion and that is why I regard them as failures.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

FF13 is the best RPG this generation, or at least the best JRPG.

The 360 has almost no good exclusives that make it worth buying (or at least, no good original exclusives.)

Ocarina of Time is an 8.5.

Portal 2 is the perfect length, and the best game this gen.

DJ Hero 2 was the last good music game.

Warhawk is the PS3's Halo.

Team Fortress 2 is in the top 3 best multiplayer games of all time.

Half-Life 1 is an 8.0, at least nowadays. Back in 1998 it would have been a 9.5, but now...

Super Smash Brothers Brawl is just as good as SSBMelee.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Assassin's Creed bored me to tears.
Sports games are still games, whether you play them for one hour or fifty.
I don't care for Little Big Planet, or most other PS3 exclusives. Nothing against the PS3 as a system (I have one) the games just don't interest me.
Defining gamers by words like 'hardcore' or 'casual' is pointless and pretentious, unless you're in marketing.
Deadly Premonition wasn't good inanysense.
Duke Nukem has always sucked.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#82 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Super Meat Boy is more interesting than all of PS3's exclusives.

Call of Duty is a fun game (except the abomination that was Modern Warfare 2)

Killzone is overrated

Final Fantasy sucks

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

FF13 is the best RPG this generation, or at least the best JRPG.

The 360 has almost no good exclusives that make it worth buying (or at least, no good original exclusives.)

KillerWabbit23

My favorite JRPG this gen is Lost Odyssey...which is a 360 exclusive...irony :P

teufelherz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 teufelherz
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

Multiplats are much better than exclusives except for the following franchises: Forza, GeoW, Halo, Demon's Souls, Killzone, Uncharted and GoW.

The following are extremely boring or just terrible games in no particular order: Gran Turismo 4 and 5, Infamous, LBP, Baldur's Gate II,TES IV Oblivion, Fable, Final Fantasy X and up.

MGS3 is leaps and bounds better than 4. Same for GoW2 over GoW3. Nintendo developed games in general have sucked this generation, except for NSMB Wii. SMGs are extremely boring, but I like MP3. GTA IV was overrated. Ninja Blade was better than NGII, Bayonetta than GoW3. Home sucks big time.

I have a high end PC but I consider that PC gaming is only good for Crysis, the Witcher, Amnesia and Diablo, so I prever getting multiplats on consoles regardless of how much worse they look. M/K combination sucks, except for RTS games, which suck as a whole. WoW is the most uninteresting and horrible grinding game ever. I don't care if grinding on a MMORPG is part of it. An example of good grinding would be Demon's Souls (I know it's not a MMO, but it's good grinding).

Halo CE is still the best shooter of all time, Squenix has become an average developer and... I guess that's it for me.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

I blame COD for screwing up the industry & making everyone greedy money grubbers with all this DLC junk & yearly releases ****.

Halo 1 & 2 are teh only good halo's. I enjoyed StarFox Adventures, and Far Cry 2. I dont like counter strike. Mass Effect is boring. I hate the World Ends With You. I didn't like Half-Life 2. I rly like Valve games, but they are WAYYYY overrated. Its like PC gamers equivalent to first party content kinda how Nintendo is for sheeps, and Naughty dog for Cows etc. Fallout 3 sucked. Assassins Creed is one of the most boring things i've ever played.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#86 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think Killzone 2 has the worst controls of any shooter this gen and the next
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever is not the worse FPS I have played look at FEAR2.

FFXIII is a good game and the story is very good.

RPG is not about picking dialog and moral picks.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#88 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Oh yea: The dual-shock is a relic of antiquity that has long needed an update/overhaul. It's by far one of the worst controllers I've ever used. Back in the PS1 days it was tolerable, but that Sony hasn't taken any drastic improvements over its lifespan of three generations is just terrible.

youngmike01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 youngmike01
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Nintendo needs to stop. They have been making the worst consoles two generations running, now they want to make the Wii U. No thanks, there haven't been a good Nintendo system since the N64.

Modern Warfare 3 was the least interesting first person shooter I've seen during E3. I admit I only saw a few of them but for a game that sells more copies than everyone, they really haven't shown me anything. Dead Island and Battlefield 3 both look extremely good. I've seen the PS3 version of Battlefield 3 and it looks way better than MW3.

Halo HD is a no go for me, I still have the original Xbox version. Halo 4, I have to see something that makes me want to get it. As of now, its not looking too good.

I have both GT5 and Forza 3. With a good racing wheel, GT5 drives extremely well. But if you're playing on a standard controller, Forza is the best racing game on the market. I also like Dirt 3.

youngmike01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 youngmike01
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Oh yea: The dual-shock is a relic of antiquity that has long needed an update/overhaul. It's by far one of the worst controllers I've ever used. Back in the PS1 days it was tolerable, but that Sony hasn't taken any drastic improvements over its lifespan of three generations is just terrible.

Rekunta

I thought I was the only one. Maybe they'll make some much needed changes for the next Playstation. I'm tired of the same thing.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

I think JRPG's are doing fine.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

I've hated every Insomniac game I've ever played.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#93 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

If a game involves guns and shooting I ignore it regardless of what it is. I hate CoD series and how it sells so much given it is the same brown game every year.

I dont understand what is so special about series like Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Uncharted, or pretty much any game/series that has a huge hype train fanboys are riding and they attack anyone that doesnt believe the AAA+ goodness. Im not knocking these games, they simply dont appeal to me.

All the endless shooters, sequels, ripoffs, and ports are dragging down the industry. Next to no new ideas are coming in the future, it's all putting new numbers at the end of titles.

Graphics should be part of the gaming experience, not all of it. This is why games are getting shorter and more expensive. I refuse to pay 60$ for a game that will only last me five hours. I would sooner put down a game with terrible gameplay and epic graphics, than one with weaker graphics and strong gameplay.

DLC prices and the sheer amount of it is getting out of hand.

Flitters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Flitters
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I only play RPG's as shoot-em ups don't give me that warm fuzzy feelin that I enjoy in a good RPG. That's not counting old txt based strat games or the VGA graphic seek and destroy type. :D I truly resent companies handing me crap for my 50-60 bucks and calling it an RPG because it has a prologue and an epilogue without anything in between. I would wait for a decent RPG (years in the case of D3) if I had to provided it were good and worth the wait.
kingkarl123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kingkarl123
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I loved Barbie Pony Racing... That's how i roll ;) I kid i Kid!!!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#96 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Battlefield series is not overrated. Take away BF series and what do you have? A bunch of overrated, extremely average, first-person shooters. The only thing keeping me with the first-person shooter genre on the PC is because of the Battlefield games by DICE. If it weren't for them, I would probably ditch the genre on the PC altogether, and I'll go back to Halo on the Xbox 360, because that's the only other franchise that i thoroughly enjoy. They both offer the complete package, and Halo more so because of its Universe, books, lore, back story, etc.
disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

I think Final Fantasy 13 is the best in the series - it had great presentation, a hearwarming and touching story, lovable and memorable characters, as well as the most engaging battle system after Dissidia.

I'm filled with disgust at every new BioWare (or WRPG) release simply because they seem to make sex a compulsory requirement to completing the game.

I'd take Call of Duty over Battlefield any day, simply because I find Call of Duty to be far more exciting, cinematic and fluid than any Battlefield game.

Dynasty Warriors is seriously under-rated.

The 3DS is a piece of genius, and ranks as the best and most innovativepiece of portable gaming-dedicated hardware to date in my opinion.

Movie games are a niche genre that are best appreciated by people who know how to appreciate them. In fact, they're often day-one purchases for me.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#98 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
JRPG's have watered down the RPG genre so that there really isn't a decent definition anymore. European's and Obsidian are the only developers that still make decent RPG's. There's still hope for Bethesda but they did dumb down the elder scrolls and butcher the Fallout world however they haven't gone as low as BioWare.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Oblivion is better than Morrowind

Exclusives are overrated multiplats are usually better

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Demon's Souls is possibly the overrated game in history. Often with popular games that I am not too fond of like MGS, I can understand why they like it so much but this? Demon's Soul is game with awkward yet "simple" movement and combat, with like what, a mere handful of areas. The game is overly punishing and for some reason people think that's cool and I don't get it. When you die in any other game and is forced to run through 10+ minutes of something you just did, does that make you happy? I sure don't enjoy it and that's why the gaming industry very early on invented checkpoints and similar.

The game isn't bad but it's sure as hell isn't a perfect masterpiece and it sure as ******* hell isn't the best game of all time. I really really really don't understand it, why this game have been so incredibly rated. It makes me dislike the game even more.

/angry