User Lists: 0

#51 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Archangel3371 said:

No, gaming isn't dying. It seems to be doing quite well from what I can see, same with consoles as well.

That must be why the big three are cannibalizing sales of their own platforms instead of making headway on PC:s, tablets and smartphones: https://www.statista.com/statistics/276768/global-unit-sales-of-video-game-consoles/

What are you trying to prove with that link? and if you are trying to claim that the decrease is because pc is outselling console on the game market, then you are clearly not looking at the numbers correctly.

And don't even start on smartphones , that is a whole other ballgame.

What I'm trying to prove? Well how about what I just said. What else?

That link proves absolutely nothing.

But good luck on your dream that consoles are dying.

It obviously proves exactly what I said. But go ahead and discredit yourself and your argument further if you like by resorting to blatant and intentional lies.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:

That must be why the big three are cannibalizing sales of their own platforms instead of making headway on PC:s, tablets and smartphones: https://www.statista.com/statistics/276768/global-unit-sales-of-video-game-consoles/

What are you trying to prove with that link? and if you are trying to claim that the decrease is because pc is outselling console on the game market, then you are clearly not looking at the numbers correctly.

It obviously proves exactly what I said. But go ahead and discredit yourself and your argument further if you like by resorting to blatant and intentional lies.

Right, just to be clear here what you showed me in that link proves nothing,

You want proof that you are clueless.

So look at where PC get´s it revenue from, and look at PC games vs Console. Get the picture or do you want me to chop it out in stone even more?

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 doubutsuteki
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:

So look at where PC get´s it revenue from, and look at PC games vs Console. Get the picture or do you want me to chop it out in stone even more?

It clearly shows that video game consoles are selling less each year and have been doing so since 2008.

I'd like for you to show your source, yes. Online games can be anything, but most PC games are online. Does it count retail only or not? Because this graph shows something quite different from the one you linked just before.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jacanuk

@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:

It clearly shows that video game consoles are selling less each year and have been doing so since 2008.

I'd like for you to show your source, yes. Online games can be anything, but most PC games are online. Does it count retail only or not? Because this graph shows something quite different from the one you linked just before.

I love how you are looking at graphs and seeing what you want to see despite the reality.

While yes there was a dip from 2008, it clearly shows a increase each year, small but it's there.

And as you can see the biggest earner on pc is from online game sales

graph comes from Gamesindustry.biz.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By doubutsuteki
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:

I love how you are looking at graphs and seeing what you want to see despite the reality.

While yes there was a dip from 2008, it clearly shows a increase each year, small but it's there.

Link, please.

Despite what reality? Where are the increases in sales that aren't accompanied by the decreases in sales of other video game consoles - i.e. cannibalizing their own shit? Overall there's a decrease year after year since 2008 - every single year without exception.

I have never said that no revenue on PC comes from online games. You seem to think it's relevant, while I've said that it doesn't matter what kinds of games the revenue on PC comes from. It isn't directly related to the topic we're talking about: the obsolescence of video game console hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#56 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Probably not dead when it keeps growing.......

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jacanuk

@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:

Link, please.

Despite what reality? Where are the increases in sales that aren't accompanied by the decreases in sales of other video game consoles - i.e. cannibalizing their own shit? Overall there's a decrease year after year since 2008 - every single year without exception.

I have never said that no revenue on PC comes from online games. You seem to think it's relevant, while I've said that it doesn't matter what kinds of games the revenue on PC comes from. It isn't directly related to the topic we're talking about: the obsolescence of video game console hardware.

Picture is a link.

You know reality the one we live in , not the one generated by dreams.

And again sales are up not down, yes they are down on physical sales, but that is outweighed by the increase in digital sales on consoles.

According to PwC

While physical game sales are declining, PwC noted that digital will only be around a third of the console game revenues generated in 2020. Digital is growing rapidly though, as evidenced by a more than 12% CAGR - PwC expects digital on console to increase from $2.01 billion in 2015 to $3.61 billion in 2020. Pricing remains an issue for digital copies, however. "...the fact that digital games are still priced at a similar level to physical games and the persistence of disks as a games distribution mechanism makes more sense," PwC said.

Unsurprisingly, a big driver of digital revenues has been microtransactions, which "continues to be the fastest-growing part of console-related traditional gaming, rising from US$720mn in 2015 to US$1.45bn in 2020, at a 14.9% CAGR." PwC cited the shifting business approaches of platform owners with services like PlayStation Plus, Xbox Live Gold, EA Access and others; even cloud-based services like PlayStation Now are starting to have an impact. "...all bring more repeat revenues and stability to the console space," said PwC.

On the traditional PC gaming side, PwC sees PC games revenue rising from $3.53 billion in 2015 to $4.78 billion in 2020, which is a 6.3% CAGR. As with consoles, physical games on PC will continue to decline with physical PC games sell-through revenue falling from $231 million in 2015 to just $164 million in 2020 (a -6.6% CAGR). "But this drop is not as precipitous as many would have expected because

I feel like i repeating myself, but Console gaming is not going anywhere, it will still be here tomorrow and the day after. Particular when pc is earning most of it´s income from F2P games and is not the main focus of any of the biggest gaming houses out there.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By doubutsuteki
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:
@Jacanuk said:
@doubutsuteki said:

Link, please.

Picture is a link.

You know reality the one we live in , not the one generated by dreams.

And again sales are up not down, yes they are down on physical sales, but that is outweighed by the increase in digital sales on consoles.

According to PwC

While physical game sales are declining, PwC noted that digital will only be around a third of the console game revenues generated in 2020. Digital is growing rapidly though, as evidenced by a more than 12% CAGR - PwC expects digital on console to increase from $2.01 billion in 2015 to $3.61 billion in 2020. Pricing remains an issue for digital copies, however. "...the fact that digital games are still priced at a similar level to physical games and the persistence of disks as a games distribution mechanism makes more sense," PwC said.

Unsurprisingly, a big driver of digital revenues has been microtransactions, which "continues to be the fastest-growing part of console-related traditional gaming, rising from US$720mn in 2015 to US$1.45bn in 2020, at a 14.9% CAGR." PwC cited the shifting business approaches of platform owners with services like PlayStation Plus, Xbox Live Gold, EA Access and others; even cloud-based services like PlayStation Now are starting to have an impact. "...all bring more repeat revenues and stability to the console space," said PwC.

On the traditional PC gaming side, PwC sees PC games revenue rising from $3.53 billion in 2015 to $4.78 billion in 2020, which is a 6.3% CAGR. As with consoles, physical games on PC will continue to decline with physical PC games sell-through revenue falling from $231 million in 2015 to just $164 million in 2020 (a -6.6% CAGR). "But this drop is not as precipitous as many would have expected because

I feel like i repeating myself, but Console gaming is not going anywhere, it will still be here tomorrow and the day after. Particular when pc is earning most of it´s income from F2P games and is not the main focus of any of the biggest gaming houses out there.

The picture is a picture. It's an upload to Gamespot. Where is the picture from?

I know that downloads on video game consoles compete with physical media for revenue. Whenever did I say anything to the contrary? I've commented that very article in a previous thread already: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/how-many-games-do-you-own-in-your-collection-33370384/?page=2

Also: Revenue from games is not the same thing as number of consoles sold.

Console gaming is not going anywhere because you said so, not because you can show anything to back up that claim - OK. Well, I guess that's your reality.

grungeman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#59 grungeman91
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts

Gaming isn't dead, It's on life support.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

gaming is the most underrated, still unappreciated art form, and it is picking up momentum... it can only grow further and expand its audience...