GGD Lounge - The 'I couldn't think of a clever title' Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#151 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]I'd prefer all those games on any other platform. But I'm an anti-apple man anyway.TacticalDesire

I'm not a fan of their computers but the iPhone is great. It is like having a Pipboy from Fallout, only way better... and real.

Yep, I really want to get one I have AT&T and all, its just that I'm a bit wary of the data plan pricing.

Ah yeah... data plans... I'm glad that I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan from before they changed the pricing. I'm hanging onto it for as long as I can. The reality of data is that if you've got wifi wherever you go, you won't use the 3G too much.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#152 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Found a new book series of the weekend that I had not heard of before. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher...how did this slip under my radar? Anyone who is into fantasy and mysteries shouls check them out. So very good.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts

Found a new book series of the weekend that I had not heard of before. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher...how did this slip under my radar? Anyone who is into fantasy and mysteries shouls check them out. So very good.

Sacif
Modern-day fantasy that isn't about sparkly teen vampire-creatures with way too much angst! I discovered that series recently as well... love it! :)
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Sacif

[QUOTE="Sacif"]

ChiliDragon

Modern-day fantasy that isn't about sparkly teen vampire-creatures with way too much angst! I discovered that series recently as well... love it! :)

I know right? No glitter...but there is sunshine in a handkerchief lol.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#155 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Another article done. Time to watch some Superman Batman Apocalypse for a change.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="Sacif"]

Sacif

Actually, there is lots of glitter. Have you met the sidhe yet...? ;)
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Sacif

[QUOTE="Sacif"]

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] Modern-day fantasy that isn't about sparkly teen vampire-creatures with way too much angst! I discovered that series recently as well... love it! :)ChiliDragon

Actually, there is lots of glitter. Have you met the sidhe yet...? ;)

Not yet I am half way through Storm Front..I just started the series yesterday so I am at the very beginning. Dresden just took out a demon with a thunderstorm, naked.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ChiliDragon

Not yet I am half way through Storm Front..I just started the series yesterday so I am at the very beginning. Dresden just took out a demon with a thunderstorm, naked.

Sacif
If you thought that was impressive, wait until you meet his godmother... And for the record, The Hand of God is very much a bad-ass as well. Maybe not very likable, but one seriously bad mother ******. Do not mess with Amoracchius. Ever.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 rragnaar
*yawns* Mornin' GGD. How goes it?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Daavpuke
proclaimed crappy by all.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ChiliDragon
proclaimed crappy by all.Daavpuke
Indeed... very much so. Over-sleeping is a very unpleasant way to start the day...
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Daavpuke
I had a slightly rougher experience. Check the bloggiebloo.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ChiliDragon
I had a slightly rougher experience. Check the bloggiebloo.Daavpuke
Okay, you win. Over-sleeping isn't nearly that bad.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Daavpuke
I suppose only if you accidently end up waking up, tied to a assembly line down at the saw mill. No idea why I suddenly thought of something so cartoony.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#165 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I once woke up naked in a barn and completly lost :(
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Daavpuke
I frequently used to wake up in random parts of my house with random pieces of clothing. Also once, on a road median. On a random porch in town. Next to a train station. etc etc.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GodModeEnabled
I frequently used to wake up in random parts of my house with random pieces of clothing. Also once, on a road median. On a random porch in town. Next to a train station. etc etc.Daavpuke
Never sleep naked in a pile of hay. It gets everywhere :(
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Daavpuke
I luckily never woke up naked (outside anyway). Did wake up naked inside my own bed with the misses by my side. I was very relieved she did the effort of babysitting me home :D.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Sacif

Just finished watching the Trailer for DMC 5. I am kind of werided out by the new look. Dante must be a My Chemical Romance fan :D Although I am not entirely against the change. He has needed a darker look I just don't know if the emo-stoner (as I saw people calling it) approach is the best way to go.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Daavpuke
Ok, I been hearing bull over the entire day about this, so I went to take a peek. I was expecting people to overreact, but yeah, actually? The rework is quite radical. But Dante just lost his Western ties to being a toughguy. He still has a tough look, but it's all costumed to Japanese tastes; in Western tastes he does indeed look quaint. He's still a badass, he's just a japanese badass now. I thought he looked MUCH more emo before, so I don't get that point.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Sacif

Ok, I been hearing bull over the entire day about this, so I went to take a peek. I was expecting people to overreact, but yeah, actually? The rework is quite radical. But Dante just lost his Western ties to being a toughguy. He still has a tough look, but it's all costumed to Japanese tastes; in Western tastes he does indeed look quaint. He's still a badass, he's just a japanese badass now. I thought he looked MUCH more emo before, so I don't get that point. Daavpuke

How did he look emo? He had no mascara, white hair, dressed nicely....He was the exact opposite of emo in the previous installments. You might want to google images of emo. lol

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ChiliDragon
My guess is, he looks drastically different from how he used to look (and the voice does not fit that face!), so he's essentially a new character, just with the same name, and he also looks way more emo now than he did before. The old version could pull off black leather pants. This one is far too skinny to do it well.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]Ok, I been hearing bull over the entire day about this, so I went to take a peek. I was expecting people to overreact, but yeah, actually? The rework is quite radical. But Dante just lost his Western ties to being a toughguy. He still has a tough look, but it's all costumed to Japanese tastes; in Western tastes he does indeed look quaint. He's still a badass, he's just a japanese badass now. I thought he looked MUCH more emo before, so I don't get that point.

He looks like a girl. Nothing against girls of course, just that well.... he looks like one.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Sacif

My guess is, he looks drastically different from how he used to look (and the voice does not fit that face!), so he's essentially a new character, just with the same name.ChiliDragon

I have heard rumors (mostly user comments) asking if this version of dante is not the same dante yet the love child of the original dante and the lady. Good thought. I like the look but the drastic change was odd to me.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ChiliDragon

I have heard rumors (mostly user comments) asking if this version of dante is not the same dante yet the love child of the original dante and the lady. Good thought. I like the look but the drastic change was odd to me.

Sacif
That would make sense, and explain a lot... like the new hair color and the different eyes. I don't mind the look, it reminds me of dark modern fantasy anime, but going by appearance alone, that's a new character. Much younger, for one. And the leather pants over-sight is just... criminal. One change that should not have been made!
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 rragnaar
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] He looks like a girl. Nothing against girls of course, just that well.... he looks like one.

Canadian girls must look kinda manly.:P
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ChiliDragon
Canadian girls must look kinda manly.:Prragnaar
The original Dante looked manly. This one looks like a boy... big difference :(
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Sacif

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] He looks like a girl. Nothing against girls of course, just that well.... he looks like one.rragnaar

They also smell like wood smoke and sausages..and that is the hottest thing on earth.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ChiliDragon

They also smell like wood smoke and sausages..and that is the hottest thing on earth.

Sacif
I thought that was bacon...? Or is that only for American guys?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 rragnaar
Mmm.... bacon.*drools* I had bacon and eggs for dinner because I am nearly broke this month.:P
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Sacif

Mmm.... bacon.*drools* I had bacon and eggs for dinner because I am nearly broke this month.:Prragnaar

I hear ya man. I am getting ready to move in with a good friend of mine and 700 of this next paycheck goes to rent/deposit..soooo yeah no bueno.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Mmm.... bacon.*drools* I had bacon and eggs for dinner because I am nearly broke this month.:PSacif

I hear ya man. I am getting ready to move in with a good friend of mine and 700 of this next paycheck goes to rent/deposit..soooo yeah no bueno.

I can't wait for payday. I'm hoping to weasel a check out of my brother on the 27 or the 28th. Usually I can get a check a few days early. I kinda like working with family sometimes.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ChiliDragon
I got my husband a t-shirt that said "Bacon is a vegetable" a year or so ago. It's a great conversation starter. :)
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Sacif

I got my husband a t-shirt that said "Bacon is a vegetable" a year or so ago. It's a great conversation starter. :)ChiliDragon

Bacon This man speaks so much wisdom.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ChiliDragon
Holy ****. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeath together on stage in Sofia, Bulgaria, at a festival this summer.... i am now bitterly jealous of all Bulgarians who where there. Am I evil? YES I AM!! :twisted:
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"] He looks like a girl. Nothing against girls of course, just that well.... he looks like one.Sacif

Nothing better to me in the whole world after battling polar bears all day then going home to my manly looking woman who smells of wood smoke and sausage.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]Holy ****. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeath together on stage in Sofia, Bulgaria, at a festival this summer.... i am now bitterly jealous of all Bulgarians who where there. Am I evil? YES I AM!! :twisted:

Yeah im hoping this is coming to Canada m so there. I got to see Slayer and Megadeth last year on the canadian carnage tour and it was super awesome.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 rragnaar
:lol:... best post ever!
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GodModeEnabled
:lol:... best post ever!rragnaar
You're just jealous that my girl could beat up yours :P
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]:lol:... best post ever!GodModeEnabled
You're just jealous that my girl could beat up yours :P

I have no girl.:cry: I will be alone forever.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 ChiliDragon
Yeah im hoping this is coming to Canada m so there. I got to see Slayer and Megadeth last year on the canadian carnage tour and it was super awesome.GodModeEnabled
They're selling a DVD box set of this concert. That set is now on my Christmas wish list. :)
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Sacif

[QUOTE="Sacif"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"] Canadian girls must look kinda manly.:PGodModeEnabled

Nothing better to me in the whole world after battling polar bears all day then going home to my manly looking woman who smells of wood smoke and sausage.

I know right? Calls for some sexin!

askassam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 askassam
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hi. im getting my 5 year old a psp slim ( what seems to be everyones recommedation) . i need help understanding what games i shoudl get for him. from what i see, most of the games out there are pretty graphical or complex and he mite just end up board of it..and toss aside his psp... i dunno..maybe he'll grasp it faster than i expect. i play tetris on my old nokia and have never really gone to the next level.... so im a bit out dated and need some serious advise..... thnx
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]Ok, I been hearing bull over the entire day about this, so I went to take a peek. I was expecting people to overreact, but yeah, actually? The rework is quite radical. But Dante just lost his Western ties to being a toughguy. He still has a tough look, but it's all costumed to Japanese tastes; in Western tastes he does indeed look quaint. He's still a badass, he's just a japanese badass now. I thought he looked MUCH more emo before, so I don't get that point. Sacif

How did he look emo? He had no mascara, white hair, dressed nicely....He was the exact opposite of emo in the previous installments. You might want to google images of emo. lol

He was dark, sulky and had bangs. Wow, 23 posts :o
kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#195 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts

Hey everybody. I'm new to the GGD.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ChiliDragon
Hi and welcome :)
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 rragnaar

kerk12
Hello! How's it going?
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Daavpuke

kerk12
Yoyoyo church.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Sacif

Just watched the new trailer for Lord of Shadow. I am starting to get more and more excited for this game. Since Kojima is helping to develop the game I am going to guess there will be a lot of cinematics. It would also be nice to see some more gameplay footage.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 rragnaar
Today is a good day at the shop. We are selling stuff like crazy. I've sold three rocks and a bench, as well as taking orders for another rock, and my brother and my dad are loading up a fountain that someone just bought. It is very rare for us to have people just come in and buy stuff the first time they visit. Usually they come and see what we do and then decide that they weren't prepared and that they need to go home and look at their landscaping again before making a decision. We have no shoppers today, just buyers. It is nice.