Games you hate that everyone seems to love.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

What games do you dislike that everyone seems to love and give a reason why? No flaming please -_-

My list

Final Fantasy-I dislike watching young kids with big swords and zippers flaunting around the screen :P

Metroid-Bores the crap out of me

This generation of mario games-For some reason I just dislike the direction where they took mario.(Space? really? Well it was bound to happen i guess)

Starcraft-Is just to hard for me :lol:

Resident Evil series-stop>wait>shoot>not get scared>rinse and repeat

Dead Space-Resident evil in space

Silent hill-Not scary and boring

Prototype-Spider man game+blood

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
GoW. I tried it, and it just didn't feel that great. There are better action series out there imo.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrLions
GoW. I tried it, and it just didn't feel that great. There are better action series out there imo.Mr_Cumberdale
You've had to enjoy the chainsawing :P I with you, it was just one giant gore fest
TemplarOfBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TemplarOfBacon
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

Garrys mod. Excellent game, but I just can't ever get into it. Sorry folks!

_Sharpshooter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 _Sharpshooter_
Member since 2008 • 527 Posts

I only agree with your definition with prototype. resident evil has lost it's resident evilness... so it's not scary anymore but it's still fun. silent hill is as scary as hell. what game of silent hill do you not find scary? dead space is as scary as hell and far from re, but i like your definition :D the game that i dislike and everyone loves would be starcraft.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrLions
[QUOTE="_Sharpshooter_"]I only agree with your definition with prototype. resident evil has lost it's resident evilness... so it's not scary anymore but it's still fun. silent hill is as scary as hell. what game of silent hill do you not find scary? dead space isnt re in space, it has nothing to do with it. the game that i dislike and everyone loves would be starcraft.

Iv'e tried to get into all of them iv'e played through the 1st and 2nd and im going to try home coming I just dont see the point in the games yeah maybe I jumped a little bit but did I spend $30 bucks on it just to do so? You didnt get the RE4 feeling in Dead Space?
gandaf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gandaf007
Member since 2009 • 892 Posts

Modern Warfare 2

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
cod mw 2
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

Modern Warfare 2. I mean sure Modern warfare was great fun and i played it almost to death.. but the second was just a carbon copy and i cant bring myself to give it as much time as i did the first. Also Empire: total war.. between the crappy AI and the multitude of glitches and problems i don't see why anyone even recommends it.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I couldnt stand starcraft either =P I never liked Halo or CoD or MW2, or most FPS games that everyone seems to drool over. I didnt like L4D either.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Guitar Hero/Rock Band - I hate these games so much yet everyone seems to love them.

Metroid Prime - I couldn't really ever get into this series (and yes, I played both the first and second one quite a bit. Got close to the end of the first one and maybe 25-50% through the second one). I don't see what evereyone loves about it so much. It's an FPS that harkens back to the N64 and PS1 era where console shooters had a disgusting degree of autoaim that pretty much played the game for you.

Also, I have a love/hate relationship with the COD franchise. I usually wind up rage quitting after a few matches yet I always come back for more.

Adam_the_Nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Adam_the_Nerd
Member since 2006 • 4403 Posts
FFVI and FFVII. I know, bring on the hate, but I just couldn't get into the game. Don't get me wrong, I adore the franchise and I love the other games, but for some reason, I've developed an anti-affinity for the most popular ones (while loving the unknown ones).
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Mostly RPG's including.. 1. Elder scrolls oblivion- Will never understand the appeal of this game. 2. Fallout 3- Frustrating, and the shooting was weak Yes i don't love the genre, but i honestly can't see the appeal in these games.
erikdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 erikdw
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

ICO AND SOTC.

Sincerly loved by many people I respect and whose opinions I value.
Despised by yours truly.

zencrobar67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zencrobar67
Member since 2009 • 282 Posts

mw2

stompchomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stompchomp
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I dislike all PS3 games that are only for the PS3 but i laugh my @$$ off when major games get put on the 360 and i laugh at my PS3 only freinds who get P.O. 'ed,i also hate Uncharted series the Left for dead series,final fantasy,cod mw 2 single player ,but i love the multiplayer and the same for cod 4, whut happened to the 7-10 hour singleplayer gameplay of cod 2 to me 10 hour is a long game compared to the 4 1/2 long singel player of cod mw2
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
FF- isn't it turn based? Ugh... Metroid - Agree i sold my Wii Starcraft - Didn't bother as the graphics are really outdated, i have COH and WIC RE - Agree Prototype - Boring Garry's Mod - WTH? TF2 - Cartoonish graphics don't do it for me...... CSS - AWPing by everyone and short rounds, give me BF any day. L4D - A game that's strictly MP i won't buy. All games that are just brown/grey and supposedly have "great graphics" :roll: Disagree with Silent Hill
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Gears of War series

Halo Combat Evolved

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

final fantasy

little big planet

wow

halo

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrLions
I couldnt stand starcraft either =P I never liked Halo or CoD or MW2, or most FPS games that everyone seems to drool over. I didnt like L4D either.Allicrombie
Uhg I hated L4D aswell "Heres some guns theres some zombies have fun shooting them! Oh and bring 3 friends and try to glitch the map so you're unstoppable kthxbye-valve"
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MrLions
[QUOTE="_Sharpshooter_"] Nope, I didn't. Well, firstly, In resident evil, you can't shoot while you're moving, in dead space you can. in dead space, you fight tons of kinds of creatures infected by an "alien" virus with very modern ammunation and in a dark atmosphere, in ishimura. in resident evil, you fight the people infected with different kinds of viruses, (T-virus,G-virus. etc...) eithe in re4 nor in re5 there were zombies, they litteraly were being mindcontrolled. they can use all kinds of guns and even use vehicles... And that didn't give the sense of fightning a zombie or a creature at all. (Except the boss battles like irving ofc).

Zombies weird creatures that controlled peoples dead body parts same thing >_> 3rd person video same thing you got me with the not moving and shooting but that really makes no difference i still sat there and shot ran turned around aimed shot rinse and repeat The boss fights also felt like something out of RE4 They also coppied the cut scene crap where you had to be basically aware of everything and be ready to press the X button when something popped out
Avatar image for RodrigoLCardoso
RodrigoLCardoso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RodrigoLCardoso
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

The Sims! I don't want simulate real life...

gingefails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#24 gingefails
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts
Right now? Bayonetta, and it's hardly been out for long. In general though... The Sims, Mario Kart, Guitar Hero and many other of those sort of games that're aimed at the "casual gaming" market.
MKOHLER2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 MKOHLER2009
Member since 2010 • 261 Posts
God Of War Gears Of War Metal Gear Solid 4 Borderlands New Super Mario Bros. Halo Oblivion Street Fighter 4
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
Modern Warfare 2 Metal Gear Solid 4 Killzone 2
Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts
The only thing that comes close for me is Bioshock, and I don't hate it. I just never got into it. Other than that, I enjoy nearly all of the games everyone else seems to love.
RedGamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RedGamer94
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

Halo.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Guitar Hero/ Rock Band- Never understood its popularity, just seems boring to me

Grand Theft Auto- There fun to a point but again they just get boring

Fallout 3- It could not reach the bar Oblivion set

Halo- Mediocre shooter and it started the big space marine trend

RE series up to RE4- They were just awful up till RE4. Terrible shooting mechanics and horrible voice acting

New Mario games- Seriously they need to stop

AltairJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 AltairJohnson
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts

Halo (The whole series), Fallout 3, L4D and some other games.

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#31 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

Well, there aren't many, but here are the few:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: I just felt it was neither revolutionary nor with that good of a multiplayer. The story was also way too short.

Fallout 3: Oblivion simply overshadows the game completely for me. The shooting is clumsy, the atmosphere bland and the story non-existent.Quite a few bugs as well. Overall, I feel Fallout 3 is boring in comparison to Oblivion.

Farcry 2: Critics seem to really like it, but I just can't get into it. It's sad, since the world is truly interesting.

Prince of Persia (next gen): Some really liked the game, but personally, I think the game barely deserves more than a 6.5. Horrible combat and boring platforming, IMO.

Can't say I hate these games, though. Usually, my opinion synchs with the opinion of the general public.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Fallout 3. It just doesn't blow my skirt up. More recently? Dragon Age:Origins. I realise that admitting this might be enough to have my RPG Games Club membership card torn up, but I just can't work with it.

daniel_haaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 daniel_haaf
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts

Resident Evil 5 got so many good reviews, points, awards and God knows what. I just simply can't play the damn game. Thou happy to see others like it :)

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

The Halo series. Well, I don't hate it. In fact, it's a great series that does everything it's supposed to do. However, I find myself bored to death when playing it.

roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

Half-Life 2 for me this game was boring

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
The Halo series.
bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts
Fallout 3 bored me to death. I like everything you mentioned but silent hill that game bores me too xD. Modern warfare 2 isnt all its cracked up to be either...
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Fallout 3, and Oblivion even moreso. Fallout's "map" didn't exactly help, though. I still can't bring myself to finish the damned thing. Wasn't a big fan of any of the Metroid Prime games either (Granted, I only played the first and the third, and only completed the third). Making myself finish Corruption felt like work. Didn't really like Ninja Gaiden Sigma either, though I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden II.
YerfdogT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YerfdogT
Member since 2009 • 551 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 - Inconsistencies offline anyone? No? How about we go camping? You don't need to get the tent or anything, we'll just play MW2. No? How about we get rocket launchers and just run around with them and kill who ever kills us automatically? No? Well then this just isn't your game.

CD-i_ownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CD-i_ownz
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

Mario Kart, Mario Party, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Sunshine. etc. Final fantasy, final fantasy tactics, "deathmatches" with low player count

Sunsence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sunsence
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts

Fallout 3 - My younger brother was totally addicted and still is i think about this game, but just can't find the urge to play it after i leave the first vault, cos it just doesn't grab me by the hand and pulls me in. You know like Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy and Prototype. It just bored me to tears that the first thing you have to decide on as a baby is how you are gonna look at a mature age, that just totally depresses me that the first thing i have to look at is a couple of gauges that i have to adjust to make it look how i want, but there really aren't that great deal of options in the first place cos it's quite detailed imo(maybe im spoiled cos i played WoW, Soul Calibur 4 and Sims3) (burn me if you need, couldn't care less).

Infamous - I was used to the Assassin's Creed 1 type of climbing, this looked rubbish. The whole good and bad aspect of the game was a bit weird didn't feel ...complete in someway can't really explain why it didn't. The main reason i hated it was i couldn't get the original voice over to work everything i had to listen to was dutch translated from a guy that tried to sound like he had a low voice but all that he made it sound like was like a guy that just had his brown-star deflowered. Sorry can't explain it otherwise.... (im not trying to risk a ban on the last comment ^^)

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
FF12 - I see so many people praising this game, but I just couldn't stand it. It's the only FF that I absolutely could not bring myself to complete. The battle system and license board just ruined it for me, and I always get into arguments with people that loved it who think that I'm just biased, or didn't give the game a chance. Dragon Quest 8 - My first foray into the DQ series, and I hated it. All the features felt so antiquated and sluggish. I felt like I was slogging through mud to get anything done... and the voice acting set my teeth on edge. Zelda: Wind Waker - I hated the art direction in this game, after being used to the dark environments from OoC and MM. And having to constantly cross huge expanses of water to get anywhere made me feel so alone in the world that I just couldn't keep playing. Kingdom Hearts - It's not so much that I "hated" this game, as I just couldn't keep playing it. I got SO BORED!! Mashing the attack button over and over and over and over again is not my idea of a solid combat system, and about halfway through the game, I was just like "Screw this, I'm playing something else," and never went back to finish the game.
calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#43 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

FF12 - I see so many people praising this game, but I just couldn't stand it. It's the only FF that I absolutely could not bring myself to complete. The battle system and license board just ruined it for me, and I always get into arguments with people that loved it who think that I'm just biased, or didn't give the game a chance. Dragon Quest 8 - My first foray into the DQ series, and I hated it. All the features felt so antiquated and sluggish. I felt like I was slogging through mud to get anything done... and the voice acting set my teeth on edge. Zelda: Wind Waker - I hated the art direction in this game, after being used to the dark environments from OoC and MM. And having to constantly cross huge expanses of water to get anywhere made me feel so alone in the world that I just couldn't keep playing. Kingdom Hearts - It's not so much that I "hated" this game, as I just couldn't keep playing it. I got SO BORED!! Mashing the attack button over and over and over and over again is not my idea of a solid combat system, and about halfway through the game, I was just like "Screw this, I'm playing something else," and never went back to finish the game.Greyfeld

I'm sorry you didn't like Kingdom Hearts. My not-so subtle avatar shows how much I like it. But not liking FF12 is understandable. It was a big love-or-hate game. I loved it, but I know a lot of people who don't, so don't worry about that.

Avatar image for JonThaFisherman
JonThaFisherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JonThaFisherman
Member since 2009 • 372 Posts

I never was a fan of Little Big Planet. It wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't the second coming either.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="Greyfeld"]FF12 - I see so many people praising this game, but I just couldn't stand it. It's the only FF that I absolutely could not bring myself to complete. The battle system and license board just ruined it for me, and I always get into arguments with people that loved it who think that I'm just biased, or didn't give the game a chance. Dragon Quest 8 - My first foray into the DQ series, and I hated it. All the features felt so antiquated and sluggish. I felt like I was slogging through mud to get anything done... and the voice acting set my teeth on edge. Zelda: Wind Waker - I hated the art direction in this game, after being used to the dark environments from OoC and MM. And having to constantly cross huge expanses of water to get anywhere made me feel so alone in the world that I just couldn't keep playing. Kingdom Hearts - It's not so much that I "hated" this game, as I just couldn't keep playing it. I got SO BORED!! Mashing the attack button over and over and over and over again is not my idea of a solid combat system, and about halfway through the game, I was just like "Screw this, I'm playing something else," and never went back to finish the game.calvinsora

I'm sorry you didn't like Kingdom Hearts. My not-so subtle avatar shows how much I like it. But not liking FF12 is understandable. It was a big love-or-hate game. I loved it, but I know a lot of people who don't, so don't worry about that.

Trust me, i REALLY wanted to like Kingdom Hearts. I really really did. And sometimes I get the urge to go back and try to finish the game, because I have a couple friends who rave about KH2 and 385/2... I'd love to know what all the hype is about, but I won't play those games without completing the first one, which I just can't bring myself to finish.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

World of Warcraft: After trying this game out at the request of my friend, I still fail to see the appeal in it. Truth be told, my opinion about it is even worse now than it was before I played. Nothing but a directionless grindfest in a dull boring world for items and higher level caps until the next expansion arrives. Social interaction, the so called "draw" of the game, is non-existent except if you know someone beforehand to create a party with. Most people are flat out rude otherwise. And people PAY, what, $15 a month for this? I'll never understand the attraction.

Metal Gear Solid 4: some of the worst storytelling ever, with atrocious editing to compliment it. That it was told poorly was exacerbated by the fact that it was done through ridiculously lengthy cut scenes that dragged on for far longer than what would've sufficed to get the point across, that it already had a fairly convoluted story to begin with, and was still difficult to follow even having played all the previous games. I can't say I hate MGS4 (there are things about it that are incredible), but it irks me that so many people claim it a "masterpiece of storytelling" when it's far from it and has very apparent flaws.

i_love_lucy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 i_love_lucy
Member since 2010 • 54 Posts

hates a pretty strong word so i wont say i hate these games but i dont care for them as much as some people do

-bioshock

-fallout 3

-halo

-half life

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Final Fantasy XII. I didn't hate either game, I thought both were decent. I just don't think they are as good as others make it out to be.
NeRveD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NeRveD
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
Both of the stalker games...I found them to slow and not very exhilarating.
infernalant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 infernalant
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
Bioshock - i just cant see what the appeal is! I mean it looks great but it just doesnt do it for me