Does anyone else find online gaming to be.... not fun at all?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

I love SP gaming.

Online I die every 2 seconds because I'm not as good as the people with no lives who sit there playing the same game all day. People online are rude and obnoxious. It's a pretty stressful experience for me and glad to be finished everytime I start a session.

phonemug
Gaming is meant to be fun, but in this day and age you'll have to put some effort into it. Just giving up won't help you. Last year I bought myself a gaming computer and I started playing Bad Company 2 online. It didn't take me long to get a kill/death ratio of 1 and later when Battlefield 3 released I had a k/dr on 1.9. Because I stopped playing for two months my skills decreased and people got better so now my k/dr is vastly lower, but I'm still able to have fun. I will, however, agree with you on how people behave online. They're just plain retarded - hell I've even been flamed because I lost in a Warcraft 3 1 v 1 match.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

I used to be addicted to it for years but now i find i hate it. There's only so many times you can run around in circles shooting at people in order to be atop a scoreboard. Its just a mode, a target practice mode, nothing more. Its so lifeless, dull, meaningless & pointless.

Gaming is all about the Single Player experience, multiplayer in my opinion has absolutley nothing to do with gaming. It can be fun at times but its nothing more than a virtual paintball match.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#53 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Online Gaming is okay for me, I like it because I get to play with my friends but I don't really do anything else with online play. I prefer a relaxed non-competitive setting where no one is urging me to win other than the game itself.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
Never tried it because it doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather stick with single-player,
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Depends on the game. I find playing COD fun. Can be frustrating at times, but no big deal

Socom 2 back in the days use to rise my blood pressure.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Never tried it because it doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather stick with single-player,topsemag55
Same.
Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Couch Co-Op or with friends. Had the best time with SFXT and Kirby: Return to Dreamland the other day, not like anything I have ever played online.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Online co op is where its at

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#59 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I love SP gaming.

Online I die every 2 seconds because I'm not as good as the people with no lives who sit there playing the same game all day. People online are rude and obnoxious. It's a pretty stressful experience for me and glad to be finished everytime I start a session.

phonemug

I must admit that i dont get this trend with more and more games moving towards Multiplayer.

For someone with a healthy social live outside in the real world, gaming is more of a relaxing timewaster and there MP isent since most online are not over 18 and if you cant headshot a fly from 1000km away you will get a ton of BS from the kids who spend all day eveyr day 365 days a year playing this game.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#60 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

The only modes i play Multiplayer are the Horde mode type. Like in Gears of War 3 for example. I like the coop fun. I am a 99 % single player gamer though.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Nobody likes to get online and talk smack? If you're into sports, you'd know trash talk is an intergral part of the experience. It seems like gamers want to be in this protective bubble instead of branching out and actually building and interacting with a community. How is online gaming any different then the interaction that we are having on this forum?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Nobody likes to get online and talk smack? If you're into sports, you'd know trash talk is an intergral part of the experience. It seems like gamers want to be in this protective bubble instead of branching out and actually building and interacting with a community. How is online gaming any different then the interaction that we are having on this forum?

Yusuke420

In contrast to some of the Nintendogs fans posting here ('I avoid anything stressful in games!') I love competitive play, but I don't see a point in talking trash.

During games I sometimes talk to my teammates to convey info, but I don't treat a round of battle like a discussion forum.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

CarnageHeart

In contrast to some of the Nintendogs fans posting here ('I avoid anything stressful in games!') I love competitive play, but I don't see a point in talking trash.

During games I sometimes talk to my teammates to convey info, but I don't treat a round of battle like a discussion forum.

Do you play Madden or any sports games? Hell, do you watch sports on TV? Trash talk is about lighting a fire in your oppenent and getting your own adrenaline going. I smack talk because it's fun to go back and forth with stuff, silence is so boring that my average session only lasts a couple of games.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#64 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
It's great once you find some cool people. I love playing COD to just talk and chat with my clan buddies.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

Do you play Madden or any sports games? Hell, do you watch sports on TV? Trash talk is about lighting a fire in your oppenent and getting your own adrenaline going. I smack talk because it's fun to go back and forth with stuff, silence is so boring that my average session only lasts a couple of games.

Yes, lots of people talk trash in the situations you mentioned, but that's not who I am. For me, the best matches are competitive ones (I prefer a 2-3 loss than a 5-0 win). People spewing at each other decreases my enjoyment of a game (though in such cases I just tend to mute the offenders and play on).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I just discovered the hilariousness of using a Riot Shield online in MW3. People don't know what the f*ck is going on and just panic like it's the end of the world. I've got so many people rage-quitting it is almost not funny anymore.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
I just discovered the hilariousness of using a Riot Shield online in MW3. People don't know what the f*ck is going on and just panic like it's the end of the world. I've got so many people rage-quitting it is almost not funny anymore.foxhound_fox
MW3...:lol:
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Yea, if online gaming involves communication I generally avoid it. Unless it's with friendsMirkoS77
Awesome, 2 posts in and I found my answer so quoting. The worst communication I have witnessed from users was while playing Uno...freaking Uno people. I **** you not.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]Yea, if online gaming involves communication I generally avoid it. Unless it's with friendsDracula68
Awesome, 2 posts in and I found my answer so quoting. The worst communication I have witnessed from users was while playing Uno...freaking Uno people. I **** you not.

I love Uno what problems have you experienced?

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

The only online gaming I have ever truly enjoyed is in Demon's Souls. I couldn't stand the people invading me and using cheap tactics, but I loved doing a full playthrough with two other people. Tagging with up to 3 people on a team against one black phantom and destroying bosses made online worth playing if you had a small group of friends.

That being said I avoid online gaming like the plague. I always prefer the single player experience, unless it's playing with non-online multiplayer with friends or something.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
I not into MP either. The only online game I played was the beta of Battlefield 3. I kept dying a lot. Not fun at all.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Yusuke420

Everyone here is so depressing when it comes to the future of the online community that it makes me want to stick with single players games. I know online is intimidating, I am currently 4-16 in my first 20 games of NBA2K12. The key to that is to learn about how you're getting beat and try to get better. Playing against the best is the only way you're going to know if you are actually good at the game and it's not the AI that is so inept, that it's giving you a free ride to victory.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
MW3...:lol:AcidSoldner
Yes? I happen to find playing the game quite fun. That's more than can be said about a lot of games I've played this gen. In fact, I've put almost 72 hours into online MP alone (and haven't spent a single second on the campaign)... and keep going back because I enjoy it. That is more time than probably 90% of the games I've played this gen. Ask me a year ago if I would be where I am now, and I'd laugh like a pretentious douchebag at the thought too. Odds are, I'm going to be buying BLOPS2.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I play a lot of online on my Wii games,and I find them usually fun.They're not so fun when people just camp or hide all the time.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dracula68

Yusuke420

Idiots making racist comments and laughing about it.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I do not like pit fights a.k.a. deathmatches. They are just too repetitive for me.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Dracula68

I'm sorry you experienced that, I have had good and bad times, but mostly good ones. Give it another chance :cool:

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 CarnageHeart

I do not like pit fights a.k.a. deathmatches. They are just too repetitive for me.

wiouds
If you are doing the same thing over and over in online games you're either playing the wrong games or the wrong people. Humans tend to adapt, requiring constant adjustments in strategy.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I love SP gaming.

phonemug

Step 1. Turn voice comms off

Step 2. Just play

Step 3. Keep playing until you get better

Step 4. Enjoy

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dracula68

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

I'm sorry you experienced that, I have had good and bad times, but mostly good ones. Give it another chance :cool:

My thinking is if UNo is/wasthat bad then how about real games? How bad would they get when you keep killing someone over and over? I can only imagine.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wiouds

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

CarnageHeart

If you are doing the same thing over and over in online games you're either playing the wrong games or the wrong people. Humans tend to adapt, requiring constant adjustments in strategy.

You appear in the same pit run around and doing the same thing over and over again while knowing everything that can happen. There is no Unknown unknown so you can not adapt to much.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="wiouds"]

wiouds

You appear in the same pit run around and doing the same thing over and over again while knowing everything that can happen. There is no Unknown unknown so you can not adapt to much.

There is a vast difference inbetween knowing what could happen and knowing what will happen. Also, unknown unknowns aren't present in any competitive game I've ever heard of. There are always rules, a a football team can't put 12 men on the field, a boxer can't kick his opponent in the nuts, etc, etc. Within the rules, there are wide variety of winning strategies that can be used to win games. If that hasn't been your experience, you have been playing the wrong games.
csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 csftar
Member since 2009 • 937 Posts

Depends.

it's mostly has to do with the community and how much do they exploit the smallest possible way to win.

i play Team Fortress 2 Regularly on my own, and i love it. Battlefield, or most other shooters, not so much.

With friends though, It's awesome.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
For the most part I stay far, far away from any online game. The only online game I've ever been able to enjoy has been Journey.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I don't like it very often. There's way too many jerks in most of these games. It's kind of dumb to say they have no lives because they get good at the same game. They could say the same about you playing single player games all the time. That line leads me to believe that you would probably be an online bully too if you were good enough at the games.
wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 wiouds

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"] If you are doing the same thing over and over in online games you're either playing the wrong games or the wrong people. Humans tend to adapt, requiring constant adjustments in strategy.CarnageHeart

There is a vast difference inbetween knowing what could happen and knowing what will happen. Also, unknown unknowns aren't present in any competitive game I've ever heard of. There are always rules, a a football team can't put 12 men on the field, a boxer can't kick his opponent in the nuts, etc, etc. Within the rules, there are wide variety of winning strategies that can be used to win games. If that hasn't been your experience, you have been playing the wrong games.

I try a few different Deathmatches, and I found all to be too repetitive.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

I love SP gaming.

phonemug

Someone sucks at gaming :lol:

Anyways, used to be a lot more fun than it is now. When i had a lot of good pals to have fun with.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I tend to get bored of Multiplayer games veeeery easily, unless some of my friends pick it up then I will play it for a extended ammount of time.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I prefer co op games. I can't stand 90% of VS modes- in fact, in this whole generation, the only VS MP games I really enjoyed were LotR: Conquest- which was killed off 14 months after launch(thanks, EA), and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. LotR: C was great because all the players were equal- no leveling or unlocks to give an edge to the players who played most(or stuck with it longest). AC:B was awesome justbecause of how new and different it was. And it rewarded cleverness more than sheer skill with the game mechanics.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Also. Kane and Lynch has the coolest MP mode ever.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="wiouds"]

wiouds

I try a few different Deathmatches, and I found all to be too repetitive.

Honestly, I play deathmatches now and again, but I have a lot more fun with objective based games.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#92 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I'll take single player over online every day of the week. I hardly ever game online, and the only game I enjoyed quite a lot this gen is Black Ops. I love single player games, and am quite sad that multiplayer is tacked on so many games this gen. I feel the sp experience is shortned by this many times.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Also. Kane and Lynch has the coolest MP mode ever.

Ilovegames1992
I never got a chance to play Fragile Alliance- I picked up the game about a year after it hit and by then it was dead, dead, DEAD.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Yeah, I never use my headset if I choose to play online. Unless it's private chat in Dark Souls. In that case people are generally friendly and helpful.

MariaLouis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MariaLouis
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I like playing these online games specially speed racer games as multiplayer. I spend my spare time in playing these games and enjoy them a lot. _____________________ http://www.speed-racergames.com/tag/online-speed-racer-games/
gameking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#96 gameking5000
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Some online games are pretty fun like Team Fortress 2 but that's because I only like multiplayers games that I'm good at.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#97 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I do find them fun but the game that has ruined it for me is World of Warcraft.....the people on there make me sick and they really don't know the line between fake and reality.
NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#98 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

The only online MP game i find to be good and fun is Team Fortress 2, everything else is eather to boring or to stressful.

bluefunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 bluefunky
Member since 2010 • 2294 Posts
I don't play much online but the stuff I do play is mostly co op. I play Little Big Planet, Journey and Space Marine (co op, not teams against others). The only game which I play competitively online is Dark Souls. I don't know why as it has some of the worst, most underhanded players always going for the easy win with no sense of fair play. Absolutely awful community on the whole, very laggy, cheap in game mechanic for PvP but also amazingly addictive. I think for me its the fact you're playing against the game, a laggy online and skilled players which keeps me going back.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#100 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
besides MMO's, I almost never play online.