DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

So, does anybody like it? I'm planning on getting it this weekend.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

I really like it and playing it on PC with RT stuff on makes the game awesome but hey, that's icing on the cake. Also, if you are planning to buy this game, do not buy it on PS4/Xbox One. PC, Google Stadia, PS5/Xbox Series X is playable.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Was gifted it for Christmas.

Now to answer the question_

Does anybody like Cyberpunk 2077?

For my own opinion on the game. No.

I think you have to have pretty very low standards; perhaps craving that openworld fix (may be the only kind of game you enjoy?) to tolerate the game; or see it as anything remotely good. After a single sitting (admittedly copy gifted is PS4 running on PS5) Cyber Punk is below a 5/10 from my experience. Was roughly three hours when I called it quits.

It's not really great at anything outside visual scope. I've seen some defend the story but after giving up with the game, checked and many CDPR loyalist fans seem to think the story is pretty underwhelming. So it didn't even win that crowd.

So that just leaves open world fans. Market is plentiful for that genre true, second to only competitive multiplayer. However you have to be dried up of your Grand Theft Auto, Assassins and Red Dead to really care for this game honestly.

I personally think those into the above should play Man Eater instead. It's dumb but at least it works, and you know what you're getting.

For those disappointed in Fall Out 4, I could play Fall Out 4 and find some joy in it. That's how much better it was than Cyber Punk 2077.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I have not played the game, but wanted to just say don't get it yet. This game will be much better in 6 months, and probably have a discount between now and then.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Yes.

But would not advise to play it right now. Wait a couple of months.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Preordered for XB1. I was enjoying it but looked horrible. I understand the XB1 is 8 years old the game probably shouldn’t have come to this console. Got a refund.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Preordered for XB1. I was enjoying it but looked horrible. I understand the XB1 is 8 years old the game probably shouldn’t have come to this console. Got a refund.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I had a lot of fun with it.

There's a lot to not like about the game: writing is ham-fisted (listening to Johnny Silverhands is an ordeal at times despite him being a really compelling character); there are a lot of small bugs, though I would not say they are game-breaking; the AI of enemies is atrocious; and the performance could be a bit better.

With the ugly bits out of the way, there is a lot of fun to be had with this game if you can overlook the faults. The game world is great, there are a lot of cool characters, and more importantly...it's fun!

It just plays like a game that was developed in a vacuum, like a game developed by people who kept telling themselves "This is a good game. This is a good game. Everything is fine. People will overlook this, right? Right." Had they gained some outside input or beta tested a bit more, we likely would have received a more polished product, but whatever....that's modern gaming now; release now, patch later.

I really hope it cleans up into a better game. But as it is now, it's fun if you are forgiving, not so much if you have standards haha.

TL;DR: if you haven't bought it yet, I would wait a few months. Keep track of its patch status and the community. There's a lot of fun to be had with it, but it needs some love and attention.

If you're looking for an open-world game, I would recommend AC Valhalla and Fenyx Rising over this game. I know they're completely different in terms of style and so on, but they scratch the same itch.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Yes. I love it. One of the most addictive open world games I've played in a long time.

HOWEVER - I agree with others above. Don't play it this weekend. Wait 6 months. There's no reason to rush - you will GAIN, not loose out on anything. It's kind of a hot mess and super buggy and supposedly a bit of content will be added as they work to fix the game.

*edit* Also - get it on PC with RT. The RT is one of the most remarkable aspects of the game and gives the world visual depth. And the increased detail and density on the PC version should not be passed up

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Yes, I enjoyed it I have over 50 hours in it despite it's bugs and god awful AI the game is still fun IMO. I'm playing it on a PC on a 970 gtx my FPS is in the 30's but I got use to it the game still looks great in most area's but not all though. I would wait for some patches though still for a better experience two big patches are coming one this month and one next after that is where I would jump in most likely.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

I love it!!! So far I’m probably 30 hours in and have had 2 game breaking bugs where I had to turn off my Xbox series x and turn it back on. I have also seen some small glitches like people floating or things appearing out of nowhere etc but even with all that it’s still one of the most fun I’ve had playing a game in awhile.

First of all, the game at least for me so far is getting much, much better the farther I get and unlock new stuff. When I first started it, I was kind of overwhelmed by all of the npc calling my phone and wanting me to do missions and selling cars. Once I figured out the vocabulary and gameplay mechanics of the game like what Quickhacks and cyber ware were the game really started getting fun.

Also, the story missions have been really really fun and intriguing. Just like the Witcher 3 there are some side quests in this game that are 10x better than the best main quests in many other games, and a few of them really hit me hard and had me thinking hard about my choices. Speaking of choices I’m not sure they matter as much as I would hope but I’m not too far yet so maybe they will.

Last but not least I will talk about the gunplay. At first I didn’t like it but the more weapons and hacks I’ve unlocked the better it is. You can really go into fights however you want and it’s really refreshing. My method is to go in stealth and soften them up with hacks like making them commit suicide by Grenada or go crazy and start shooting each other. Once I’m spotted I then start slinging the lead. My fav weapons so far are the guns that auto lock on. It’s so cool to have an enemy behind cover and to watch as your bullets arc over the cover killing them lol. It’s also cool to be able to run and slide and slow time (with the right perks) and to pull off some old school max Payne type kills. You feel like John wick.

The bad like I said before are some of the bugs and glitches. I think they are overblown at least on newer consoles and pc. Another thing is the AI. Some times they are really good and flank me but other times I’ve sat and picked bad guy after bad guy off while they stood and watched as their buddy’s die in front of them. They weren’t alerted or anything. I’m hoping they can add a patch to fix that.

The consensus seems to be to wait until they fix the game and maybe add more content.

I pretty much agree with this. I think once they iron out the bugs and if they add some more stuff to the game it will no doubt be one of the best games of the year. To me it already is, but others may not agree with me. So yah I would maybe wait a little bit , but if you can’t wait and really want to play it, there are many many other games out there that you could do far worse by playing. It shouldn’t be should you get this game , the real question is when you should get it.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Seems opinions are quite divided on this one. But with all the criticism it's getting (not just bugs/glitches) I'm fairly certain it's no masterpiece.

ceaRshaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ceaRshaf
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

I personally will wait at least 6 months to get a more polished experience. But I do have a lot of friends that say that despite all the bugs the game is fun.

But I do feel it depends on the person, because I really look for immersion when playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@tpz4sheezy:

I love to use the suicide hack. Kinda dark seeing a guy blowing his brains and me just standing in front of him watching. Overpowered in all the best ways.

Also big fan of the auto weapons for open confrontation. I just get all acrobatic while shooting people in mid air. I'm now with 100h and the variety of gameplay styles I've used so far is crazy. Although at around 80h I had to push it from hard to very hard to keep it interesting.

I think the game is at it's best when it leaves you on your own. Mostly the fixer missions, which there are a lot! You have a cool bit of back story, a location with really good level design and that's that, use your tools and have fun. I love that whole process of reading the text for the mission, studying the building and best entry points, going through the cameras, then get in and out without anyone noticing I was even there. But when things don't go according to plan is equally, or even more, fun.

But more scripted stuff while great it frequently shows that the game was shipped before any kind of polishment at all.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#15  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Clocking in at 42 hours I am loving Cyberpunk 2077. My #1 game of last generation on consoles, not that I have played every big game last gen. At 38 hours in, I was still in only 1 or 2 sections of Night City and a lot of the other parts were still locked.

If you like crafting and grinding items and skills, you will probably have a good time much like myself. I basically roleplayed a crafting arms dealer. Stealth builds, knife wielders, mixed builds are also possible among other builds.

There are gory deaths, incredible world in the vein of GTA 3 only 20 times bigger and other positive things which I’m not mentioning. The world and story also comes with surprises that is spoon fed to you and equals welcome surprises.

I don’t think the AI is that bad. They take cover, toss the occasional grenade. It is basically on par with GTA V for me.

I am playing on a PS4 Pro with an external SSD—Pro settings set to 1080p resolution and no HDR—and in 42 hours it has crashed 3 times once being my fault. My third crash it loaded again right where it crashed, dumb luck I believe.

The game deserves anywhere from an 8 to a 10/10. A 10/10 because it has 10/10 moments and it feels unfair to knit pick a point away. I can see how some people may give it a 7/10, but that seems a little low for me as a lot of work and love went into this game.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

@strategyfn: yah I pretty much agree on all parts. I know the game took forever to be developed but it sucks knowing how great this game could of been with just a little more polish and content. Is it perfect no, is it as bad as people are making it out to be? At least on anything stronger than a pspro or Xbox one x no. There are tons and I mean tons of aaa games way worse than this (I’m looking at you Ubisoft! ). To the people complaining ( bugs and glitches aside). I don’t know what other amazing open world games you are playing that are better then this but please recommend them for me.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 strategyfn

Johnny Silverhand is pretty hilarious. I actually like how they used K. Reeves when I first heard him speak, I was like omg I am in Point Break. Seeing as he’s Mr. Matrix it feels appropriate he should be in a Sci Fi game.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By strategyfn

@tpz4sheezy said:@strategyfn: yah I pretty much agree on all parts. I know the game took forever to be developed but it sucks knowing how great this game could of been with just a little more polish and content. Is it perfect no, is it as bad as people are making it out to be? At least on anything stronger than a pspro or Xbox one x no. There are tons and I mean tons of aaa games way worse than this (I’m looking at you Ubisoft! ). To the people complaining ( bugs and glitches aside). I don’t know what other amazing open world games you are playing that are better then this but please recommend them for me.

I craft like 50 or more weapons or other items at a time and the game doesn’t crash. I have seen other games buckle under such pressure, so it is appreciated this game doesn’t. Not yet to my experience anyway.

———-Edit

I hear it runs like garbage on base Xbox 1 and PS4 so you may want to wait for a price drop and more updates for those TC. $30Can off I might risk it on base consoles, basically the price of two dinners.

xxHANZOxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxHANZOxx
Member since 2021 • 5 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: I do. There are some cons here and there but because I'm a cyberpunk genre Fan, I enjoy the game, the lore, the richness of the story and the aestethics.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

Its a good game I would wait for more patches to fix the game its better now then on release date but i think it would ruin the experience on consoles. I think if u play it on PC or Stedia you will be fine

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I like it. The bugs don't bother me too much. They can be a little immersion-breaking during the story stuff. It doesn't keep the game play from being fun.

Honestly.... I'd wait until the next major patch (1.07 coming in Feb or Mar?) 1.1 - according to the roadmap

If you really want to play it and have a decent PC, it's still a fun experience, and Night City is an incredible accomplishment in terms of a dense video game city. Oh and the work CDPR did on the materials.... With ray-tracing everything looks fantastic and gritty. It's pretty amazing.

I put about 80 hours into it and finished it once. You gotta do the side missions. They will sometimes be very story heavy and contain a lot of good character building. As much as I want to play it again, I'm waiting for the next major patch. It's really an unfinished game. You can tell they wanted to put so much more in and a lot god cut.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RSM-HQ

Well the developer has basically given a roadmap showing it won't even be the complete game till end of 2021 of this year; regardless of platform. And that states everything.

At least unlike Bioware with that Anthem roadmap, I think they'll commit. Goes to show they didn't even have a finished product if they needed a whole year to patch a single player game after release.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I've put in around 45 hours so far. Overall I like it. However, the enthusiasm of exploring Night City (which looks gorgeous, easily one the best cities/settings ever created) wore off after the 30 hour mark. Once you take that off the equation, you're left with an alright game. It's interesting and entertaining enough for me to want to finish it.

There have been a few bugs so far but nothing out of the ordinary for a game of its scope. Gameplay is ok-ish, could even be great if I focused on a couple of skill trees instead of allocating my perk points all over the place. Main storyline and most of the sidequests involving other characters are generally compelling. Almost cinematic at times.

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently an 8/10 for me. I'm enjoying it but it probably won't earn a spot in my list of favorite games. I doubt future patching and updating will change that.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I'm wondering what your experience with bugs has been on PS5. I am considering picking it up tomorrow but would like to know if I'll end up regretting it. I think I can live with graphic/visual bugs but I have seen troubling reports of full on game crashes and issues that ruin progress. I can live with the former but probably not with the latter.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I'll play it in like 2 years when it's playable.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

It's good not great.

It's got a good story, great music, good writing and great voice acting.

The AI is wonky, the police appear out if thin air and the FPS mechanics are pretty mediocre.

Ultimately it's a victim of sky-high expectations.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RSM-HQ
@espoac said:

@RSM-HQ: I'm wondering what your experience with bugs has been on PS5. I am considering picking it up tomorrow but would like to know if I'll end up regretting it.

If it's a game you want to try I will not encourage a dismiss. We each dive in to find games we enjoy. If you can put up with the faults (which is many) hope you find a game worth the investment.

As for my experiences? The T-pose, broken script A.I. and low-res textures are very common. Only made it very early on, but saw my fair-share of all the above.

My characters car clipping through an important building and killing NPCs was a personal standout. Personally that was one worthy of laughter though.

Depends on each persons sense of humor.

As long as you are aware Cyber Punk is essentially an Early Access (incomplete build) investment you should be fine. The adverts are not the experience you will get.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Thanks! In the end, I think the wise decision is to wait. I've got plenty to get through on PS5 in the meantime.

lappasoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lappasoft
Member since 2021 • 5 Posts

hello there, I honestly advise you to play it, it's so much fun! I work for a games website and we even mentioned it in one of our articles. I will drop you the link below if you want to check it and know about other games that you might want to play later on! Have a nice day!

http://www.sheeparcade.com/top-10-most-played-games-in-2020/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Finally finished it, really great game. I'll definitely go for another run once the next gen update drops.

On the XSX in 110h I had one crash, two broken quests I had to restart, one major visual glitch and an infinity of smaller glitches. Very curious to play it again in 8 months or so. Hopefully the gaming mob will be occupied hating something else.

RichiBowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RichiBowzer
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

I love it tbh but I am slightly biased lol

SarahSimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SarahSimm
Member since 2021 • 3 Posts

I've just finished the main quest recently. Haven't really done sidequests, still the game looks good to me in terms of the game plot. Also, the atmosphere of the Night City is extremely immersive, capturing. Love the music in the game also.

But some bugs really ruin the atmosphere. That is sad.

7/10

LoonelyTress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LoonelyTress
Member since 2017 • 119 Posts

On PC it's indeed enjoyable. The problem I see for me is how long will it entertain me personally. I see the sidequests and amazing main story but aside from that, it feels like being unpolished in many ways. Customization, gunplay, and balancing to name a few.

They could also just show us the funniest bugs and glitches that right now are being spammed on Reddit to make it clear for us that we won't enjoy the game in its current state. If people see all the problems they wouldn't say "RELEASE finally!" but rather "Okay delay for another couple of months".