Amazon selling brand new Dreamcast systems again

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
The price didn't go up, Amazon just ran out of their current stock of new systems. Glad I jumped on it when I did.
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I've yet to receive mine, but have got a few games already. So far I have Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Ready 2 Rumble, Maken X, and Sonic Adventure. I got most of these off Goozex. What are some other games I should look into? I was looking at Draconus:Cult of the Wyrm.

Also to any who are wanting to purchase and haven't, it seems the price is going up, $104.99.

cmpepper23
I really enjoyed Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm. One of my favorites for the Dreamcast. The graphics are very impressive for Dreamcast. It's a medieval, third-person, action game. The gameplay is pretty straight-forward: kill everything that moves.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#53 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

That's right, being sold by Amazon itself, with all the benefits that come with not dealing with ordinary people. Brand new systems (ignore the stock picture, it isn't a new box and is not reflective of what they are selling) never opened or used for $88. I missed this last time Amazon was directly selling them, but this time I went ahead and ordered a DC, Jet Grind Radio, (also WAS being sold new directly from Amazon, I got one of the last copies) and Shenmue. I have an older DC unit that was lacking AV cables, and was slightly worn with some kids initials on the side, and I had a VMU already. So I'm good to go. Can't wait to look for sailors, buy that lameting Chinese fellow from the barber shop a drink, collect Sega toys from the junk machine, and feed and pet the cat.

Oh and I might fight people too, some. ;)

It all comes in on my day off Wednesday, so that's cool. I'm looking forward to tracking down games from my old DC collection, SF3, Capcom Versus SNK, Gundam Side Story, Evolution, and Skies' of Arcadia.

SteveTabernacle
two and three years ago Amazon and e-bay had new Dreamcast for $35 US. I just never felt the need for one.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I'm breathing a sigh of relief. As I said earlier, the Dreamcast that they sent me wasn't working with the included demo disc, and I was afraid I'd have to return it. Well, I finally got in my copy of Jet Grind Radio and a VMU and thankfully it works! I guess it was just a faulty demo disc (hopefully). I'm still a bit bummed because the disc had some games I wanted to play. I suppose I could search for one on ebay...
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

It might be a good deal for some, but personally, I would just drive to a local games store or the flea market and buy a Dreamcast if I wanted to.