KingOfCrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#251 KingOfCrunks
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts

Holy **** I posted 13 minutes go checked my messege, came back to find 230 new posts to this thread. But the last post was about me replaying the game to see good things I thought now heres some stuff I thought was weirdly off. in advanced, this union is pretty ****ing active.

Square Enix comes up with is just a cheap story, a total surprise for me, considering they spend 4 years of making it. I mean making graphic better to me is a tougher job than writing a good story doesn't it? All you have to do, if you can't write a good tale of your own is to hire a story writer, how much, 10K to 25K would make it a grand story, surely Square Enix spends way lot more than that in developing graphic and such.

So what happens with the 2 empires war? You eventually realizes that you only dealing with 1 empire, the other is just a name to make an excuse for a poor plot line. And ultimately, you don't even "know" the empire, you only know the villain, yeah, just one guy. It makes me feel so sad, they could have make it so that you have to go thru this kingdom, do some sneaking thing to get inside the castle, such and such, a bit cliché but will make a way better tale.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#252 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

It's only outdated for people who prefer a more action-based battles like FFXII and Diablo series, and definitely, not an overwhelming majority is more entertained in that kind of system.Fantasy_Gamer
No. It is out dated period dude. There is no need for it. It serves no p[urpose and makes no sense if you think about it.

I don't know about that. The most popular RPG of all time is action based. WoW dude

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]It's only outdated for people who prefer a more action-based battles like FFXII and Diablo series, and definitely, not an overwhelming majority is more entertained in that kind of system.fs_metal

No. It is out dated period dude. There is no need for it. It serves no p[urpose and makes no sense if you think about it.

I don't know about that. The most popular RPG of all time is action based. WoW dude

If it is outdated, all random battle encounter RPGs in the recent years would not have gained its popularity and did not get good sales.

As for WoW, I don't care about it so, I'm not gonna argue if it is the most popular RPG in the world for you or not for me and the others. I'll go for an FF over it anytime.

KingOfCrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 KingOfCrunks
I dont think WoW is all that great. As plain as other FF games were form just walking around random screen breaking and a fight. FFXII seems way better, Then running around waiting for something. But seriously WoW?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#255 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Well, I still like the random battle system, so I would support a game with it. Other feel the same as I do. If many people still care for the random battle system, then why should it matter if it is outdated? Old things can still be enjoyable and fun.

Of course I have nothing against change either. I like to have completely new experiences.

honestly, I do not care if a battle system is outdated or something completely new, as long as it is fun, I will not care.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#256 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
As I've said I'm ok with random battles and I'm ok with non-random battle games. I can understand both sides of peoples opinions though.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]It's only outdated for people who prefer a more action-based battles like FFXII and Diablo series, and definitely, not an overwhelming majority is more entertained in that kind of system.Fantasy_Gamer

If it is outdated, all random battle encounter RPGs in the recent years would not have gained its popularity and did not get good sales.

As for WoW, I don't care about it so, I'm not gonna argue if it is the most popular RPG in the world for you or not for me and the others. I'll go for an FF over it anytime.

If you would take note., Japan is finally starting to realize that random battle games are loosing popularity due to games like KOTOR and are slowly moving away from it, little by little. Accordiong to your logic, this proves that random encounters are, in fact, out of date

I don't like WoW either, but it IS the most popiular RPG of all time. Only an idiot would even hint at it not being hte most popular RPG ever

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Fantasy_Gamer

I think I have already said my piece with regard to the non-random battle encounter issue. Maybe, all I can say to you now so you would forever forget non-random battles that frustrates you and you want to put on fire, start it by not getting Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS.

As for WoW, I do not have the data to say if it is really the most popular RPG or not, so I am not competent to comment. I can only say what is here in our country. WoW (the RPG) is non-existent... Maybe because those Korean-based MMORPGs have successfully monopolized the market here. The only Warcraft game I have palyed are the RTS.... Warcraft III and Frozen Throne expansion.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]It's only outdated for people who prefer a more action-based battles like FFXII and Diablo series, and definitely, not an overwhelming majority is more entertained in that kind of system.fs_metal

If you would take note., Japan is finally starting to realize that random battle games are loosing popularity due to games like KOTOR and are slowly moving away from it, little by little. Accordiong to your logic, this proves that random encounters are, in fact, out of date

I don't like WoW either, but it IS the most popiular RPG of all time. Only an idiot would even hint at it not being hte most popular RPG ever

I'm pretty sure that WoW has a much larger user base in North America vs Japan. 2 words......Dragon Quest.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]It's only outdated for people who prefer a more action-based battles like FFXII and Diablo series, and definitely, not an overwhelming majority is more entertained in that kind of system.Sony_FanBoy

I'm pretty sure that WoW has a much larger user base in North America vs Japan. 2 words......Dragon Quest.

One country does not represent the entire world. Everywhere else, it is WoW. WoW IS the most popular.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 fs_metal

I think I have already said my piece with regard to the non-random battle encounter issue. Maybe, all I can say to you now so you would forever forget non-random battles that frustrates you and you want to put on fire, start it by not getting Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS.

As for WoW, I do not have the data to say if it is really the most popular RPG or not, so I am not competent to comment. I can only say what is here in our country. WoW (the RPG) is non-existent... Maybe because those Korean-based MMORPGs have successfully monopolized the market here. The only Warcraft game I have palyed are the RTS.... Warcraft III and Frozen Throne expansion.

Fantasy_Gamer
The fact that Sount Park had an episode dedicated soley to it pretty much speaks for itself dude
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

fs_metal

The fact that Sount Park had an episode dedicated soley to it pretty much speaks for itself dude

Techically speaking The Sims is the most popular RPG in the world.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Fantasy_Gamer
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

Sony_FanBoy

I have to say it is POKEMON. :P Second best-selling videogame franchise (mostly RPGs), next to Mario series, with 175 million sales worldwide, several anime TV series (not just an episode dedicated to it), movies, manga, books, magazines, trading cards, toys and other things... I even saw a Pokemon-designed passenger plane in Japan during the early 2000.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

Fantasy_Gamer

I have to say it is POKEMON. :P Second best-selling videogame franchise (mostly RPGs), next to Mario series, with 175 million sales worldwide, several anime TV series (not just an episode dedicated to it), movies, manga, books, magazines, trading cards, toys and other things... I even saw a Pokemon-designed passenger plane in Japan during the early 2000.

POKEMON HAS RANDOM BATTLES. Score another for random battles.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

Sony_FanBoy

The Sims is not an RPG. You fail
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 fs_metal
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

Fantasy_Gamer

yeah, but htat is spread across something like 30 games and 3 generations of hardware over hte last 12 or so years. Even that has doed down. WoW is one RPG. Just one...and everyone and their frickin mom plays it....and that pisses me off. I don't udnerstand people that are perfectly willing to shovel money over to continue playing a game they already bought
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

fs_metal

yeah, but htat is spread across something like 30 games and 3 generations of hardware over hte last 12 or so years. Even that has doed down. WoW is one RPG. Just one...and everyone and their frickin mom plays it....and that pisses me off. I don't udnerstand people that are perfectly willing to shovel money over to continue playing a game they already bought

Only 10 million people play WoW, that's not everyone and The Sims is considered an rpg.

KingOfCrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 KingOfCrunks
That makes you think how many people play FF games, I went to alot of fan websites and they have some wicked a_s number of members around the almost billions, I forgot the site, Because all I did was just check it out and almost decided to add myself, But then I got the though, 1 person could make a difference, But I dont feel like being that one, Lol. :P J~Deuces !!
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#269 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I never knew The Sims was an RPG. I just thought it was a.....simulator type game. Anyway, I never touched WoW in my life. Probably never will but I hear about it alllll the time so I know it's popular. MMPORPG's should give the software out for free if they gonna make you pay allll this money to play it. If you have to pay X amount of dollars, they should give you a few free months free, not just one. I wonder what's the next MMPORPG that's gonna take over the world...WoW2?
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]

Sony_FanBoy

Only 10 million people play WoW, that's not everyone and The Sims is considered an rpg.

The Sims is an RPg and you say 10 million people as if that isn't a hell of alot
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 fs_metal
I never knew The Sims was an RPG. I just thought it was a.....simulator type game. Anyway, I never touched WoW in my life. Probably never will but I hear about it alllll the time so I know it's popular. MMPORPG's should give the software out for free if they gonna make you pay allll this money to play it. If you have to pay X amount of dollars, they should give you a few free months free, not just one. I wonder what's the next MMPORPG that's gonna take over the world...WoW2?CMakaCreative
It is a simulator type game. Hence the name the Sims
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Sony_FanBoy
Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#273 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Have I ever considered The Sims an RPG? Not really. I've always thought of it as more of a simulator(hence "The Sims"). However, I can perfectly see why someone thinks of it as an RPG now that somebody brought up a few decent points.

Now, can we please get back on topic?

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Sony_FanBoy

Have I ever considered The Sims an RPG? Not really. I've always thought of it as more of a simulator(hence "The Sims"). However, I can perfectly see why someone thinks of it as an RPG now that somebody brought up a few decent points.

DrAwesomeMD

Sure, FF XII shouldv'e done more bacground explanation about Rozzaria. Al Cid is awesome, so I would have liked more info about his empire.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

Sony_FanBoy

Sure, FF XII shouldv'e done more bacground explanation about Rozzaria. Al Cid is awesome, so I would have liked more info about his empire.

Al-Cid is awesome. He deserved more screen time.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

DrAwesomeMD

I would have also liked to see what he was like in battle.....

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

Sony_FanBoy

Tactics Advance 2 has him as a secret character.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

DrAwesomeMD

And it also has Vaan and Penelo, not that I care about them...

I'll get FFTA2 one of these days...

FF-Is-Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 FF-Is-Awsome
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts
Saying that WoW is so popular doesn't mean random battles are outdated it has no random encounters wait because its a mmorpg ever seen one with random encounters no because it wouldn't work. If you look at the games your bringing up theyre mainly computer rpgs with wait a mouse click attack so the difference here is also platform.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 fs_metal
Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.Sony_FanBoy
Dude if we are going to run by a definition like this, then freaking FEAR is an RPG...and I don't want FEAR to be an RPG. I want FEAR to be a sci fi shooter. The end result? You have to tighten up on the definition of RPG to see what it really means. Ultimately, this leads to The Sims being exactly what an RPG is not
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 fs_metal
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

DJ-Lafleur

And it also has Vaan and Penelo, not that I care about them...

I'll get FFTA2 one of these days...

More importantly The Lion War has Balthier. That's taking a game that was already epic win and making it even better :|
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 fs_metal
Saying that WoW is so popular doesn't mean random battles are outdated it has no random encounters wait because its a mmorpg ever seen one with random encounters no because it wouldn't work. If you look at the games your bringing up theyre mainly computer rpgs with wait a mouse click attack so the difference here is also platform.FF-Is-Awsome
No. The fact that they are a 20 year old concept that, at one time, had a purpose in video games due to the low end tech specs of the systems they were played but no longer does because systems ar e ;powerful enough that you can put tins of incredibly detailed enemioes on the screen at one time and still run it fine does make it an outdated concept that needs to be killed...with ice :P
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.fs_metal
Dude if we are going to run by a definition like this, then freaking FEAR is an RPG...and I don't want FEAR to be an RPG. I want FEAR to be a sci fi shooter. The end result? You have to tighten up on the definition of RPG to see what it really means. Ultimately, this leads to The Sims being exactly what an RPG is not

"dude" in pretty much every game, you play as a character in a fictional character or characters. Each game has the player take on the role of a fictional character within that fictional world. More and more games are introducing "rpg elements", so every game is becoming easier to classify with the rpg genre. Yes there are different genres, but pretty much every game can fit under the RPG banner. This is just my opinion though. I'm not forcing it as fact, cuz I don't have cold hard facts to back up what I've said. Unlike you FS, I don't force my opinions as "facts".

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Fantasy_Gamer

Okay, this is what I see in this issue:

fs_metal is thinking of RPG in its traditional, technical definition as applied to videogames, thus Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, etc. A game which usually include focus on character development (usually with stat gains and story progression). If we will apply this, definitely, The Sims is not an RPG.

On the other hand, Sony_Fanboy is thinking of RPG in its plain, non-technical definition, which is, referring to games where you take the role of someone or something in the videogame. Following this logic, we can call The Sims an RPG, especially that you actually make your own character, their personality, and how you want them to live in the The Sims world.

However, this is videogames. In the past several years, a lot of genre and sub-genre have emerged. Just take the Horror genre. There are this plain survival horror, panic horror, psychological hororr and others. There is this genre called "Simulations/Simulators" where you try to take control of a person, character, vehicle, city, etc. so as to simulate things like as if you are in a real world, as presented by the virtual world of the particular videogame. I think, in the current industry classification, The Sims fall under the "simulations" category, but there is definitely nothing wrong with anyone considering it a role-playing game, which is simply, a game where you take a role of sometihng or someone.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Sony_FanBoy

Okay, this is what I see in this issue:

fs_metal is thinking of RPG in its traditional, technical definition as applied to videogames, thus Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, etc. A game which usually include focus on character development (usually with stat gains and story progression). If we will apply this, definitely, The Sims is not an RPG.

On the other hand, Sony_Fanboy is thinking of RPG in its plain, non-technical definition, which is, referring to games where you take the role of someone or something in the videogame. Following this logic, we can call The Sims an RPG, especially that you actually make your own character, their personality, and how you want them to live in the The Sims world.

However, this is videogames. In the past several years, a lot of genre and sub-genre have emerged. Just take the Horror genre. There are this plain survival horror, panic horror, psychological hororr and others. There is this genre called "Simulations/Simulators" where you try to take control of a person, character, vehicle, city, etc. so as to simulate things like as if you are in a real world, as presented by the virtual world of the particular videogame. I think, in the current industry classification, The Sims fall under the "simulations" category, but there is definitely nothing wrong with anyone considering it a role-playing game, which is simply, a game where you take a role of sometihng or someone.

Fantasy_Gamer

Ok, I'll end my spat. I was just expressing my opinion. No need to bite my head off.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.Sony_FanBoy

"dude" in pretty much every game, you play as a character in a fictional character or characters. Each game has the player take on the role of a fictional character within that fictional world. More and more games are introducing "rpg elements", so every game is becoming easier to classify with the rpg genre. Yes there are different genres, but pretty much every game can fit under the RPG banner. This is just my opinion though. I'm not forcing it as fact, cuz I don't have cold hard facts to back up what I've said. Unlike you FS, I don't force my opinions as "facts".

No one would confuse God of War for an RPg but, by your definition, it is an RPG. That presents a massive flaw in your so called argument
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.fs_metal

No one would confuse God of War for an RPg but, by your definition, it is an RPG. That presents a massive flaw in your so called argument

If you're that ignorant then do us all a favor and just shut the hell up.

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.fs_metal

I would say the exact same thing to you. God of War is an action game. I know that. You know that. You seem to want to classify it as an RPg and for what? To prove a point that doesn't really exist in the first place? You want an RPG? Here you go

Now shut up you ignorant troll.

Go **** yourself. God of War is an action title, but one of it's biggest draws is leveling up your ****ing weapons.

NOW PISS OFF!!!

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Every game techically can be considered an RPG (except for like puzzle games, racing games. Games where you don't actually take control of a character and guide them through a story or plotline). In an RPG you take one the ROLE of many characters, or just 2 or maybe even 1 character. In the Sims you take on the ROLE of the CHARACTER that you create.Sony_FanBoy

I would say the exact same thing to you. God of War is an action game. I know that. You know that. You seem to want to classify it as an RPg and for what? To prove a point that doesn't really exist in the first place? You want an RPG? Here you go

Now shut up you ignorant troll.

Go **** yourself. God of War is an action title, but one of it's biggest draws is leveling up your ****ing weapons.

NOW PISS OFF!!!

Leveling up your weapons does not necessarily make the game an RPG. It is also not one of it's biggest draws. It's biggest draws include thingx such as a stellar combat system, brutality, great story telling, beautiful music and fantastic visuals and art
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Sony_FanBoy
Really? and you don't think I know that?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 DJ-Lafleur

Sony_fanboy, insulting FS is not going to solve anything...seriously.

this union is out of freakin' control.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 fs_metal
Really? and you don't think I know that?Sony_FanBoy
If you agree with my point, then why are you continuing to arguing with me?
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Really? and you don't think I know that?fs_metal

*with a calm voice* I know it's an action game, the point I'm making is that it has rpg elements to the gameplay.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Fantasy_Gamer

STOP USING WORDS THAT WILL CAUSE ANIMOSITY TOWARDS ANOTHER! We're all mature people here. Let's argue/debate in a clean manner.

To clear things around this RPG issue, we all understand that "RPG element" is different from being "an RPG". evreyone agree? Now, if anyone still wants to continue discussing ths topic, let's go back on topic:

Things that could have made FFXII better.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Really? and you don't think I know that?Sony_FanBoy

*with a calm voice* I know it's an action game, the point I'm making is that it has rpg elements to the gameplay.

RPG elements, especialy when they are as minor as those in GoW, do not make a game an RPG
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#297 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
This union is really well run.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"]Really? and you don't think I know that?fs_metal

RPG elements, especialy when they are as minor as those in GoW, do not make a game an RPG

*sits back relaxed* whatever. I don't want to argue anymore. I accept the fact that both of us are incredibly stubborn, very opinionated and passionate about our views.

Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#299 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

Seriously you two. You each have a better chance of changing the opinion of a brick wall than of each other! Drop it and move on. Nobody cares any more.

Back on topic, I think XII could have benefited from adaptive levels based on the context of the game. You kill Hell Wyrm, King Behemoth or Gilgamesh and the levels of all enemies increases by 5 for each one. You kill any esper and they increase by 3. You kill Yiazmat and they increase by 10.

To me, this would have made the later part of the game a little more challenging as by the time your levels are high enough to take some of them down, everything else is a cake walk.

Your thoughts?

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Sony_FanBoy

Seriously you two. You each have a better chance of changing the opinion of a brick wall than of each other! Drop it and move on. Nobody cares any more.

Back on topic, I think XII could have benefited from adaptive levels based on the context of the game. You kill Hell Wyrm, King Behemoth or Gilgamesh and the levels of all enemies increases by 5 for each one. You kill any esper and they increase by 3. You kill Yiazmat and they increase by 10.

To me, this would have made the later part of the game a little more challenging as by the time your levels are high enough to take some of them down, everything else is a cake walk.

Your thoughts?

Ebi_Furya

*starts spewing venom on Furya* WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM........J/K. :oops: I think that couldv'e made things even better. Having the game realize the players improved skills and try to match them.