Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
[QUOTE="Ebi_Furya"]

I don't remember which trailer it was, but one of them showed a few second of the battle system gameplay. It looked fast and furious, but considering it's been almost a year since it was first shown, who knows how much it's changed since then.

NWA_31

It was the very first one, I believe - the one shown at E3 2006.

Which raises the question: Where the **** is the gameplay footage for FFXIII ? :P

I'm sure Square-Enix will start to rest everybody's fears during Sony's E3 press conference. I think we'll see a new trailer, with at minimum 2 new characters revealed.

lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts
For me FF XII was to spread out in some parts of the story and a little to much to take in at one time at others. The combat was okay. I loved the gambit system and the characters, though.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]We really don't know much of anything about FFXIII. They haven't told us much and only shown us CG trailersEbi_Furya

Yeah. The only trailers they have shown, are just slightly tweaked from the E3 2007 trailer.

I don't remember which trailer it was, but one of them showed a few second of the battle system gameplay. It looked fast and furious, but considering it's been almost a year since it was first shown, who knows how much it's changed since then.

You are filling yoursel if you think that was gameplay. It might be what hte gameplay will end up looking like, but that was CGI man
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

You are filling yoursel if you think that was gameplay. It might be what hte gameplay will end up looking like, but that was CGI manfs_metal

Actually, it wasn't.

The trailer often switched from CG to real-time. There was a slight difference between them, but it was especially noticable in the character models.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FFXIII isn't getting me very interested at all, and I have never seen any gameplay footage, when it come sto battles. :?

and on the topic, I would have liked to have more focus of the characters than the big war, because if I'm going to be using these characters for hundreds of hours, i'd like to know them a bit more...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]You are filling yoursel if you think that was gameplay. It might be what hte gameplay will end up looking like, but that was CGI manNWA_31

Actually, it wasn't.

The trailer often switched from CG to real-time. There was a slight difference between them, but it was especially noticable in the character models.

I've watched it many times and you are wrong. Tehre is no gameplay in that trailer
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 fs_metal

FFXIII isn't getting me very interested at all, and I have never seen any gameplay footage, when it come sto battles. :?

and on the topic, I would have liked to have more focus of the characters than the big war, because if I'm going to be using these characters for hundreds of hours, i'd like to know them a bit more...

DJ-Lafleur
In FFXII there was just as much focus on the characters as any previous game, but it was not told from any of their perspective, which is why so many do not see it. It has a much wider, more epic and sweeping scope than that...kinda like Lord of the Rings in a way
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NWA_31

I've watched it many times and you are wrong. Tehre is no gameplay in that trailerfs_metal

I don't know what you mean by 'gameplay', but there was definitely real-time graphics (As in, not a video file).

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I've watched it many times and you are wrong. Tehre is no gameplay in that trailerfs_metal

I don't know what you mean by 'gameplay', but there was definitely real-time graphics (As in, not a video file).

Why do you feel the need to argue with everything I say even when you know damn well yo uare wrong? The trailer was CGI.

*facepalm*...I'm speechless...

NWA is not acting so aggressive towards you, no need to be so aggressive towards him...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 fs_metal
He doesn't have to argue with me endlessly on every single topic known to man though
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Sony_FanBoy
He doesn't have to argue with me endlessly on every single topic known to man thoughfs_metal
What if you are wrong though? But from my opinion, I think the battle that was shown in one of the trailers was just an in-game graphic video. Using the "in-game graphics engine". Does that mean it was an actual video? No. But it wasn't full CGI either. I think it was just to show off what they want the battle system to be like.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 fs_metal
IT was totally prerendered dude. Can we move on?
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sony_FanBoy
IT was totally prerendered dude. Can we move on?fs_metal
You're the one who keeps bringing it up. Anyway, I just stated my opinion of whatI though the trailer was.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 fs_metal
Opinion? What? Eitehr it is prerendered or it isn't, and that was.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sony_FanBoy
Opinion? What? Eitehr it is prerendered or it isn't, and that was.fs_metal
Ok, dude. I'm getting sick of you. Plain and simple. I don't think it was fully either one. I think it was just created to show things off with the in game graphics engine.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 fs_metal
Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrong
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sony_FanBoy
Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongfs_metal
You could really care less. Does that change the fact that I'm tired of you turning everything anyone says into an arguement? No. The thing with an opinion, is that it's not wrong. It's just want the the person thinks it could be. Did I say it was just CGI? Did I say it was actual gameplay? I said that I think it was a trailer that square made to show things off with the in game graphics engine.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongSony_FanBoy
You could really care less. Does that change the fact that I'm tired of you turning everything anyone says into an arguement? No. The thing with an opinion, is that it's not wrong. It's just want the the person thinks it could be. Did I say it was just CGI? Did I say it was actual gameplay? I said that I think it was a trailer that square made to show things off with the in game graphics engine.

I didn;'t turn this into an argument. I stated a fact. PEople argued with that fact, thus turning it into an argument. The end result? Ain't my fault. Throw your blame somewhere else. I am immune

Here is the thing. When a fact contradicts an opinion, that opinion is wrong. People used to be of hte opinion that the world was flat. Were they right?

frostbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 frostbourne
Member since 2005 • 2773 Posts

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongfs_metal

I didn;'t turn this into an argument. I stated a fact. PEople argued with that fact, thus turning it into an argument. The end result? Ain't my fault. Throw your blame somewhere else. I am immune

Here is the thing. When a fact contradicts an opinion, that opinion is wrong. People used to be of hte opinion that the world was flat. Were they right?

Nope. They weren't. :)

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongfs_metal

Well there's a funny thing about something being a fact....it has to be a fact. Do you have 100% proof that the trailer was all CGI?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DJ-Lafleur

*bangs head against table*

GETTING BACK ON TOPIC!!! I wish the espers could have been a bit more useful in XII. my characters were much better than the espers, I had no reason to ever waste MP on them, Espers seemed to die quickly, too...

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongfrostbourne

Nope. They weren't. :)

There you go. Their opinion was wrong
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongSony_FanBoy

Well there's a funny thing about something being a fact....it has to be a fact. Do you have 100% proof that the trailer was all CGI?

You just need to look at it to know. People think it is not CGI for hte same reason they thoguht hte first Killzone trqailer was not CGI. They arewrong on both counts
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

You just need to look at it to know. People think it is not CGI for hte same reason they thoguht hte first Killzone trqailer was not CGI. They arewrong on both counts

Guerilla Games came out and said that the Killzone 2 trailer at E3 05 was a pre-rendered target video. Sqaure-Enix hasn't came out and said that the E3 06 FF XIII trailer was only CGI.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]Do you know how much it bothers me that you are 'getting sick of me'? It doesn't make you not wrongSony_FanBoy

Guerilla Games came out and said that the Killzone 2 trailer at E3 05 was a pre-rendered target video. Sqaure-Enix hasn't came out and said that the E3 06 FF XIII trailer was only CGI.

That's because most people were smart enough to not argue the fact that it is CGI
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

That's because most people were smart enough to not argue the fact that it is CGI

Well the trailer wasn't fully CGI. I think square-enix created a trailer to show off what they want the battle system to be like and to show off the in-game graphic engine.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

Well the trailer wasn't fully CGI. I think square-enix created a trailer to show off what they want the battle system to be like and to show off the in-game graphic engine.

They were fully CGI though.

I thought you said you were done with me.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
Can either of you prove what you're saying? :|
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

once you accept that there is no such existence of truth or fact and that they are both just words, there might be a little less aggressiveness by fs_metal mainly due to the fact he can't accept that there are such things that he cannot deal with...

I could "prove" that religion as it exists at this moment is a myth, and that christianity is an astrotheological hybrid, but that wouldn't make me completely right in many senses of the word(since it is just a word)...

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Sony_FanBoy

Can either of you prove what you're saying? :|TaCoDuDe

All I'm saying is that it's my opinion. Seeing as how Sqaure-Enix never came out and said it was pre-rendered, I'm allowed my own opinion on it. Also this is Square we are talking about. It's not like it's new to see them making graphics that may look to some as pre-rendered. Look at the graphics for XII. XII is in my top 3 games for the PS2 graphics list. Some of the best graphics.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 fs_metal

once you accept that there is no such existence of truth or fact and that they are both just words, there might be a little less aggressiveness by fs_metal mainly due to the fact he can't accept that there are such things that he cannot deal with...

I could "prove" that religion as it exists at this moment is a myth, and that christianity is an astrotheological hybrid, but that wouldn't make me completely right in many senses of the word(since it is just a word)...

A_Fading_Scream
This is hte biggest load of BS ever posted on this forum. There is no truth or fact? What are you smoking? If that was true, then there would be validity to the statement 'the earth is flat.' There is not.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="A_Fading_Scream"]

fs_metal

This is hte biggest load of BS ever posted on this forum. There is no truth or fact? What are you smoking? If that was true, then there would be validity to the statement 'the earth is flat.' There is not.

You have a problem with people expressing their opinions on things.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 fs_metal
No. I have a problem with ignorance. To suggest that there is no truth or fact is ignorance
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Sony_FanBoy

No. I have a problem with ignorance. To suggest that there is no truth or fact is ignorancefs_metal

It's his opinion. Although I think that there is such a thing as fact and truth, doesn't mean I'm going to argue with A_Fading_Scream. It's Scream's opinion.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I've watched it many times and you are wrong. Tehre is no gameplay in that trailerfs_metal

Why do you feel the need to argue with everything I say even when you know damn well yo uare wrong? The trailer was CGI.

I'm just expressing my thoughts, which I fully have the right to do. If you don't like it, you can always ignore me.

As I said, there is a very clear difference between some parts of the trailer, especially in the character models. For instance, if you look at Lightning at 0:50 and compare with her at 0:57, you can see that the trailer switched from real-time to CGI.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 fs_metal
The fact of the matter is that the entire trailer was CG, so your opinion is contradicted by fact
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]No. I have a problem with ignorance. To suggest that there is no truth or fact is ignoranceSony_FanBoy

It's his opinion. Although I think that there is such a thing as fact and truth, doesn't mean I'm going to argue with A_Fading_Scream. It's Scream's opinion.

Can you make a good solid argument against you having posted this on a message board? No. It is a fact that you did post this on a message board.
Tell me how someone can claim that it isn't a fact that you posted this on a message board? See. There is truth, and there are facts.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TaCoDuDe

The fact of the matter is that the entire trailer was CG, so your opinion is contradicted by factfs_metal

Where is it said anywhere that the entire trailer is CG?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 fs_metal
It doesn't need to be said .It is obvious
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sony_FanBoy

It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousfs_metal

PROOF!!! SHOW PROOF!!!! IF YOU ARE SO STUCK IN YOUR WAYS, PROVE THAT YOU ARE RIGHT!!!! INSTEAD OF ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS!!!!!

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 TaCoDuDe

It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousfs_metal

That may be true, but that doesn't make it "fact".

It is possible, maybe even probable, but until the devs come out and see "It's all CG", its not "fact".

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Sony_FanBoy

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousTaCoDuDe

It is possible, maybe even probable, but until the devs come out and see "It's all CG", its not "fact".

OH!!! Great point! Can you argue that FS?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousTaCoDuDe

Oh but it is CG. They haven't showed us gameplay. They haven't hardly said anything about the games since those trailers
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousfs_metal

Oh but it is CG. They haven't showed us gameplay. They haven't hardly said anything about the games since those trailers

But that's still not fact. Show proof. If it is fact then Square should have a statement somewhere saying that the trailer was CG.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousSony_FanBoy

But that's still not fact. Show proof. If it is fact then Square should have a statement somewhere saying that the trailer was CG.

It is fact that they have not shown gameplay. It is also fact that they have hardly said a word about the game since debuting it. They've actually announced and released games in the time it is taking them to say anything at all about FFXIII. Makes me wonder if it will be at E3 this year. It won't be out this year. That's for damn sure.

The video itself and a brain that works is all the proof that you need

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Sony_FanBoy
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]It doesn't need to be said .It is obviousfs_metal

It is fact that they have not shown gameplay. It is also fact that they have hardly said a word about the game since debuting it. They've actually announced and released games in the time it is taking them to say anything at all about FFXIII. Makes me wonder if it will be at E3 this year. It won't be out this year. That's for damn sure.

The video itself and a brain that works is all the proof that you need

I'm sure that everyone is over the fact that it won't make it this year. But where's your PROOF, your words mean nothing. SHOW PROOF THAT YOU'RE RIGHT.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 fs_metal
I don't need to. The video does it for me. We've already established this. If you aren't going to bother reading what I type, why are you here? Why do you post on forums id you do not read?
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Sony_FanBoy

I don't need to. The video does it for me. We've already established this. If you aren't going to bother reading what I type, why are you here? Why do you post on forums id you do not read?fs_metal

I read what you're typing, but the FACT is that you don't have proof to back up what you're saying. I've seen the fu cking trailer, I've stated my opinions on it, but you won't shut the hell up and leave it at that. You insist on attacking everyone's opinions on what they think the trailer is.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]I don't need to. The video does it for me. We've already established this. If you aren't going to bother reading what I type, why are you here? Why do you post on forums id you do not read?Sony_FanBoy

I read what you're typing, but the FACT is that you don't have proof to back up what you're saying. I've seen the fu cking trailer, I've stated my opinions on it, but you won't shut the hell up and leave it at that. You insist on attacking everyone's opinions on what they think the trailer is.

If you were reading what I am saying, then you wouldn't be saying that I do not have proof to back up what I am saying. If you are reading, then maybe you have some kind of problem comprehending