SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SQUALL20XX
Member since 2005 • 6063 Posts

Hmm, the telegram said Final Fantasy Tactics, what does FFtactics have to do with this?josecuellar

The telegram quoted a line from FFT that's all, have you read the first post?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#52 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

I firt got into Final Fantasy through Final Fantasy VII. It was my first Final Fantasy as well as my first game that I remember playinigjohngrose77

Now I feel old... :( Anyone else here own/played Final Fantasy 1 on NES? 

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SQUALL20XX

[QUOTE="johngrose77"]I firt got into Final Fantasy through Final Fantasy VII. It was my first Final Fantasy as well as my first game that I remember playinigChickan_117

Now I feel old... :( Anyone else here own/played Final Fantasy 1 on NES? 

I haven't but I'm planning to buy the game and a NES from the Internet, my first FF was VIII, my first platform was the Famicom though.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Chickan_117

After chatting about it on a few other union boards I really wanna know what everyone's first was now. Seems there're a LOT of people who started with 7 or 8! :O

Created a poll here if anyone's interested.

http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28923755/what-was-the-first-final-fantasy-you-played?tag=topics%3Btitle

I haven't but I'm planning to buy the game and a NES from the Internet, my first FF was VIII, my first platform was the Famicom though.

SQUALL20XX

You'd probably be better off checking it out on a PC first and then buying one of the remakes (the PSP ones were pretty good). It was a pretty awesome game at the time but looks pretty terrible now. Still plays well surprisingly

johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 johngrose77
Member since 2008 • 2978 Posts

I first played Final Fantasy I on playstation(my first system)

then I played it on GBA then now I have it on PSP.

I played Final Fantasy III(VI) and Final Fantasy II(IV) on Super Nintendo because my mom had them. So I played them after VII but still during my childhood. Did not play Final Fantasy I till later though. This is in order of the Final Fantasys I played:

1.Final Fantasy VII

2.Final Fantasy tactics

3.Final Fantasy VIII

4.Final Fantasy II and III

5.Final Fantasy IX..

you get the idea.. My mom was always playing the SNES so I did not play it as much as my Playstation. So I played the playstation Final Fantasys more. Thats why I was excited when they released VI and IV on Playstation.

deathknightleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deathknightleo
Member since 2006 • 274 Posts
final fantasy VII was great still a big one for me. wish you could skip the summons though lol
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Chickan_117
final fantasy VII was great still a big one for me. wish you could skip the summons though loldeathknightleo
Couldn't agree more regarding summons. :)
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 johngrose77

Yeah Knights of the Round took forever... It did a lot of damage but was it worth the trouble of sitting there for an hour.

Everytime Sephiroth used super nova I was angry not that he used it but that my impatience would be going nuts.

SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SQUALL20XX
I also wish I can skip the GFs in VIII :).
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 johngrose77
Yeah but at least in VIII they gave you something to do while it was going on with boosting the power...
SQUALL20XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SQUALL20XX
Still it's taking a lot of time, repeatedly you will get bored seeing the same move again and again, when I saw the skip feature in FFX I hoped I can do the same in VIII but it's fine, it's how FFs improve by time.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 johngrose77
Final Fantasy IX would make you watch them sometimes and sometimes not(well they reduced them) so even IX was better with the summon scenes.
ZippyDSMLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 ZippyDSMLee
Member since 2002 • 1924 Posts

*un lurk mode*

FF9 is better than 7+, FF6 is better than 5,7+. 4 better than 1-5. It just is, they got better stories or gameplay. The rest try hard to either mess up the chartcers stories or gameplay....

greyzhaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 greyzhaze
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
Thanks Squall20xx, now lets all vote a remake of FF7 in HD (like they're doing with everything else).... including MGS
Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chickan_117
Thanks Squall20xx, now lets all vote a remake of FF7 in HD (like they're doing with everything else).... including MGSgreyzhaze
I'll be in for an upvote for a re-release with tidied graphics but I don't want anything else about the game remade at all. :)
poopdawg37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 poopdawg37
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i got the message just fine i happened to really like crisis core
white_devil65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 white_devil65
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
VIII all the way ... loved that game
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

It's hard for me to pick. It's between VI and VII. I'm one of the rare few in this group who started with FFI on the NES. FF II (US, IV JP) really got me hook to the series and FFIII US (VI JP) blew my mind as far as how the story goes. FFVII was such a leap in terms of graphics & gamplay as far as using materia for magic & other things you would normally get depending on what character you had but then each character had special abilities that grow with you. Then you had great cut scenes. At the time, the move for an RPG to go 3D was huge. I think the only other game I played at the time that was 3D was Wild Arms...that game came out before FFVII and FFVII did a better job (if that was even possible) with their 3D models. So that made the game even look better. Now FFVII aged horrendously IMO. FVIII still looks pretty good even though it's a PS1 game. I think more than anything, I would love to see a FFVII remake in any form except for phones, is because it's long over due to have some decent graphics for such a great game.

The great debate of whether FFVII is better than FFVIII. They're both great games. What drew me in more towards FFVII probably was it's crazy story line. The first play through I didn't really know what was going on...but I knew a few things, Cloud was one of my favorite characters & two, hunting down Sephiroth was fun as hell. What an adventure. The story itself wasn't mind blowing but it was interesting enough because there was such a mystery involving characters & relationships. I had to get to the end to find everything out. I really liked the combat...it was traditional with enough change to make it feel fresh. And Sephiroth was the perfect villian. You wanted to kill him because of all the horrible stuff he did and yet as the game got further along & you put more of the pieces together, you kind of understood why he did what he did. Never was a villian so complex. Kefka of FFIII was also a villian who made you want to hunt him down but he wasn't as complex as Sephiroth. Kefka was just straight power hungry & crazy. You can almost sympathize with Sephiroth because he started off a good guy. Then you find out what drove him mad. FFVII had so many elements that made it a great game.

When FFVIII came out, I loved the new artist direction of the game & the school of mercs vibe. How you had to fight the GF to earn them. I'll be the first to admit that I was one of those people who was not a big fan of the draw concept as I felt it disrupted the flow of combat. I also was very adaptive to the junction concept. I use to put whatever where ever. My second play through, I was much more aware of this fact. I was on the fence with the fact that monsters would level with you. It was cool that I didn't have to grind but then that also ment I wasn't going to overpower monsters unless I found the right items to put on the right statistic. The story was good but never grabbed me like previous FF games, I never cared about the villian in this game. The rivary with Seifer was much more interesting to me. The cast was hit or miss with me. Though the cast of FFVII was the same. But I liked the cast of FFVII better just because of how mix match they were. You had a variation of different backgrounds. But nobody beat the cast or variation of FFVI. I never gave FFVIII the proper attention I usually give FF games on the second play through. I kind of rush through it the second time also. But I do have it on my computer & bought it off the PSN so I'll definitely be getting back to it. Now that I'm a seasoned RPG vet, I can better understand & appreciate the game. Or maybe I'll like it less. We'll see.

vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#69 vegamineral
Member since 2011 • 2204 Posts
For me FFVII, no competition.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 johngrose77

It is obviously the popular choice...I actually picked X but mmy favorite is dynamic. I just love them all so much.

vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 vegamineral
Well I just picked FFVII because I think it has the best characters and story line.
MareInfinitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 MareInfinitus
Member since 2008 • 268 Posts
I chose FFX, but it's hard to choose between that and IX. Memories of playing both games...convey...this intense sense of nostalgia and love in me. It's difficult to describe. I'm also a big fan of amazing RPG music, and these two games at the best, flat out.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 vegamineral
FFX was the first FF Ive ever played and my 2nd favorite.
Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#74 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
It was the first I played but I think its still my favorite, but as everyone knows I have plenty of them yet to play:P
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 vegamineral
FFVI and some others.
JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#76 JadeTorchwood
Member since 2009 • 874 Posts
I have say my favorites are VII, IX, XII, VI, X/X-2, Tactics-War of the Lions, & Crisis Core. All of those games were awesome.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 vegamineral
V-X The best ones there are.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 johngrose77
IV is better than V and VI in my opinion....or at least V. I hate class systems though. III is my least favorite FF.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 johngrose77
V had an actual descent story and good villian so the class system did not annoy me as much. Also the class system was better in V than in III. Tactics had the best class system though. Did not annoy me at all.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 vegamineral
Well, we all know that III was, well not so good.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 johngrose77
Yeah it bored me and that may have been because I had played all the others at that point. I wish it could have been my first FF.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 vegamineral
Im glad it wasnt or I would of quit right there and walked of from a great series. to me III had the worst story and I wasnt too fond of the characters. But its strange since my first FF was X but I made 50 files on it, most of them I never even got half way through the game and still loved it.
johngrose77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 johngrose77
I was so ignorant as a child though that I played and liked anything. My first FF was VII and this is because my mom played FF. I was four years old when VII came out.
vegamineral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 vegamineral
I wasnt even born. Good thing it was bought before then and held on to for 6 years before it wasnt finally unwrapped and played and because I couldnt read then I always asked "what is this game?".