NEW: GameSpot User Image Galleries

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Robert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 Robert
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts

ive got a slight dilemma with user images i just wanted to make known. ill repost this in tech support as well since i wasnt sure if this should go here. but anyway. ive uploaded some pictures of my resident evil 4 gameplay, and i wanted to associate the pictures with... obviously, the game resident evil 4. the problem is, im only given the option to associate the pictures with either the 'game universe' or 'just this game'

if i associate my RE4 pictures with the RE 'game universe', they show up in all resident evil games user images. which i dont want. because RE4 pictures dont have anything to do with RE: dead aim or RE2 or etc. on the other hand, if i associate my pics with 'just this game' i am forced to choose a specific platform. resident evil 4 is on the GC, PS2, PC, and soon to be on wii. so the problem is my pictures only show up in that one gallery of the platform version of the game i was forced to select. just for example: if i upload a pic and associate it with resident evil 4 (gc), my pictures then wont show up in the resident evil 4 (ps2) gallery... even though its the same game. i believe the 'just this game' option should classify 'just [game title]', not 'just [game title] for [platform]'. could it be changed so that single game associations disregard platform?

kappareign

You make an excellent point, I'll look into this.

Thanks!

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

What needs to be improved?LordAndrew

A lot of people have suggested improvements. One thing I think is necessary is the option to make an image private, or at least to remove the comment system from it. If I want to upload a lot of images that it just for posts, it would be less likely for me to get people to comment on my images since the majority of them would be pointless

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#254 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

The console proposal has been implemented.

Now, when uploading images for a certain game, it shows the console of that game.

Thanks GameSpot! 8) 

lost_wraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 lost_wraith
Member since 2005 • 13549 Posts

what if they are our pictures with our own watermark? (and I think a FAQ should be made, since I bet these questions will be in a lot of people's minds)_Sam_

There is a guide in the works already, soon to be released.  Jerell_rast and I already created the User Video Guide as well.  Both guides will be available at the Welcome Newbies forum.

Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts
I have a question... you guys still accepting images? i can make some! I have one STALKER one (not my avatar) and make some other ones!
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#257 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

it seems that gs only lets u upload .gif and .jpg, but sadly it doesnt support .png :(

yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts

it seems that gs only lets u upload .gif and .jpg, but sadly it doesnt support .png :(

Dante2710

It is an unknown issue. I wonder why PNG is not supported, though? 

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#259 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]

yian

It is an unknown issue. I wonder why PNG is not supported, though?

I'm surprised .bmp isn't supported.
PvtCaboose23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 PvtCaboose23
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I would like to see a more of a varity of file types that could be uploaded.
RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#261 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
didn't one of the admins (sorry, i've forgotten which, though it was probably Robert...) say that both .bmp and .png were gonna be added eventually?
Snipe_You_Out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#262 Snipe_You_Out
Member since 2006 • 2707 Posts

didn't one of the admins (sorry, i've forgotten which, though it was probably Robert...) say that both .bmp and .png were gonna be added eventually?robbristow

Ive been wondering about that too, most of the things I have made are .png and that is what I have been waiting for:P 

_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts

[QUOTE="robbristow"]didn't one of the admins (sorry, i've forgotten which, though it was probably Robert...) say that both .bmp and .png were gonna be added eventually?Snipe_You_Out

Ive been wondering about that too, most of the things I have made are .png and that is what I have been waiting for:P

I hope this feature hasn't been dumped without being improved. a LOT of things have been implemented and haven't been improved :( (such as the "posting now" on the community page) 

H8TD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#264 H8TD1
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

This is actually a very nice feature . Especially for those of us playing PC games and taking screenshots to later upload them to the games page here at GS . Thanks gamespot , your the best !

aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#265 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="Snipe_You_Out"]

[QUOTE="robbristow"]didn't one of the admins (sorry, i've forgotten which, though it was probably Robert...) say that both .bmp and .png were gonna be added eventually?_Sam_

I hope this feature hasn't been dumped without being improved. a LOT of things have been implemented and haven't been improved :( (such as the "posting now" on the community page)

I was worrying about the same thing, lots of new features but perhaps some need improvement before bringing in more. I NEED .png format, or else I have to convert every sig and image I've ever made into Jpeg. And they did say they would sort that out......nothing as of yet has been done.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#266 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I have some suggestions to improve this service: It's cool that we can upload 10 images at a time, but there isn't a way to apply 10 different titles or descriptions unless we do one of two things: 1. upload them one by one, entering specific titles and descriptions but having to redo the rest of the required information every time as well 2. upload them all at once, entering a generic title and description and then editing each one individually to apply specific information Ideally we would be able to enter a title and description for each of the 10 images, enter the category, association, game and tags one time and then upload the 10 images.
tidywhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 tidywhite
Member since 2007 • 149 Posts
how do i put my images onto my forum posts?
Robert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Robert
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts

I've been working on other projects, but tomorrow at work I'll add png support for user image galleries to my to-do list.

Thanks for reminding me!

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Thank You!!!! This is great news :D
Robert

Forum Posts