Missing Emblems Thread--(please read first 3 posts)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

For those of you who don't know, there are many types of emblems but I consider them as two different categories; automated and manual.

STOP!

READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR EMBLEM REPORT

1) Automated emblems are handed out when based on the way you use certain features of the site over a long period of time. It can be anything from being popular, the types of console platforms you own, tagging content, video you upload and much more. Unions are also under this category. Automated emblems can often disappear from your profile. If you have noticed that a certain emblem has been gone for 24 hours you can report your problem in this thread.

2) Manual emblems are normally given out from attending a live broadcasts, participating in tournaments, winning a contest and other related events. These emblems can be automated in the sense of coding (where no staff need to manually add them) but they can be handed out if there was a problem happening during the time of the broadcast or event. However, automated usage of the site emblems cannot be handed out manually so this is why they are considered as manual emblems.

As mentioned in the Knowledgebase under "I am missing an emblem, what should I do?":

GameSpot emblems are a privilege. We do not hand out emblems if you happen to miss out on an opportunity to receive one. If you did not receive an emblem for watching a broadcast there is most likely a reason for this. This may occur if you did not watch broadcast stream long enough.

IMPORTANT! Please wait 24 hours before reporting your problem in this thread if it's an automated emblem. Customer Support should only be contacted if you have a problem with a manual emblem and once again, wait 24 hours before contacting them that your emblem is missing. Even then you are more likely not going to receive the emblem unless there is a valid reason or if there is a known bug and many others are having the same problem.

Upon receiving your missing emblem
Please don't post you got the emblem in this thread, but pm (personal message) me you received it instead. Posts like these will be deleted.

Debates of any kind will not be supported
This is a REPORTING thread and not a feedback thread. Your post may be edited or deleted by an admin or moderator if anyone is not reporting an emblem missing and are debating. Use the Site Enhancement Feedback board if you have feedback.

EDIT:Reader's Choice 2010 emblem final word mentioned in now in the last post. Thanks again for reporting the emblem problem by January 31 for this investigation.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dracula68

Game Rating and Collection Emblems are automated emblems:

The game rating Emblems have been known to be buggy. This means that the Outlier, Way Harsh and Push over emblems disappear randomly, this happens almost every day, along with many game emblems. However the rating emblems are NOT coming back the next day, and if they do, they don't stay very long at all.

Also if you think you should have an emblem like the "Hella Old School" or something, wait more than 24 hours before reporting it.

All of the below emblems come and go on their own accord when the site updates. Do NOT report them being missing unless they have been gone for a FULL 72 hours. If you still don't have the emblem when you should or think you should, again wait a FULL 72 hours before reporting it. The reason for this is that often times they go MIA for a day or so, and as users report the same issue, it eats up our time.

Here is the list of emblems that are known to be bugged:

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dracula68
The collection, rating, and tagging emblems are all currently missing, for all users. Do not report these emblems as missing. We already know these emblems are missing; there is no need to repeat what we already know. Further reports of these emblems being missing will simply be deleted. These emblems will remain missing until staff get them working again; no time line has been specified for that to happen. Patience and understanding in the mean time are greatly appreciated. The affected emblems are likely to include but may not be limited to the following: [size=29][/size]
Fuse emblems will all be missing, as achievement tracking has temporarily been removed from GameSpot. Do not report the following emblems as missing.
[size=29][/size]
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

I haven't received the Portal Kombat emblem for participating in the Mortal Kombat trivia (sent submission via email as per this thread).

Does that mean I need to contact customer support?

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

I haven't received the Portal Kombat emblem for participating in the Mortal Kombat trivia (sent submission via email as per this thread).

raynimrod

When exactly did you send your email? Most of the users that have the MK2011 emblem already are users that played in the Game Night or they watched the game night live and where in the Gamespot chat.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raynimrod

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

Sidburn19

When exactly did you send your email? Most of the users that have the MK2011 emblem already are users that played in the Game Night or they watched the game night live and where in the Gamespot chat.

Hi Sidburn, I sent the email early on Friday afternoon, which would have been Thursday evening in the States. I assumed most of the people who did the trivia quiz (and also seem to have the emblem) did so because they missed their chance to play MK in the Game Night. So I figured they'd been given the emblem because they took the quiz.

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

Hi Sidburn, I sent the email early on Friday afternoon, which would have been Thursday evening in the States. I assumed most of the people who did the trivia quiz (and also seem to have the emblem) did so because they missed their chance to play MK in the Game Night. So I figured they'd been given the emblem because they took the quiz.

raynimrod

I will ask over on the Game Night board and see if anybody else that answered the trivia but didn't get there emblem yet.

Edit:
I did a quick investigation and everyone that has sent there MK trivia already still haven't gotten there emblem yet. All I can say for the moment just please be a little more patient and give Jody and Synthia a bit more time to go through all the entries.

If you have anymore question feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions :)

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 raynimrod

[QUOTE="raynimrod"]

Sidburn19

I will ask over on the Game Night board and see if anybody else that answered the trivia but didn't get there emblem yet.

Thanks a lot, mate :)

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raynimrod

Again, Thanks Sidburn. I appreciate it :).

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I haven't recieved any emblems for the Mortal Kombat game night or voting in the webbies. Any news on them?

gmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gmax  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 6865 Posts
I think the actual participants in the Game Night (and maybe commenters on the related live event) are the only ones with the emblem so far; the Game Night trivia is evidently still open. I would not expect trivia entrants to get the emblem until the trivia is wrapped up. I haven't heard any news about the Webby emblem, but voters already got their profile points.

Avatar image for Super-Poke-Bros
Super-Poke-Bros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Super-Poke-Bros
Member since 2008 • 1770 Posts

I have the Voted Twice emblem, but not the Vote Rocker one.

Vote Rocker IconVoted Twice Icon

Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
Woah, what's going on with this thread? :? I only see two posts on page two and one post on page three... Anyways, my PC Aficionado Emblem has been AWOL for over a week now.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dracula68
[QUOTE="Artekus"]Woah, what's going on with this thread? :? I only see two posts on page two and one post on page three... Anyways, my PC Aficionado Emblem has been AWOL for over a week now.

Read post three. They are glitched right now. Also, go into settings then your new tab (moderation to fix that problem with this thread) ;)
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts

[QUOTE="Artekus"]Woah, what's going on with this thread? :? I only see two posts on page two and one post on page three... Anyways, my PC Aficionado Emblem has been AWOL for over a week now.Dracula68
Read post three. They are glitched right now. Also, go into settings then your new tab (moderation to fix that problem with this thread) ;)

Apologies. Ahah, right I see now. Thanks ;)

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

I didn't recieve my "Bounty Hunter" emblem for getting MVP in the RDR Game Night last year:P

Linky

canand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 canand
Member since 2003 • 2890 Posts

I still havent got my Tagger Leader Emblem yet and myTag Count: 507

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dracula68

I still havent got my Tagger Leader Emblem yet and myTag Count: 507

canand
They are glitched atm--read the 3rd post please
firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts
well last years and this year e3 emblems i have not gotten.(1 last year i think i got only one)