deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

If anyone notices anything on the suggestion list which has been done please post incase I didn't see and I'll cross it off. :)

jdbtracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jdbtracker
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Hi... There seems to be a unintentioanl funneling of content; By that I mean that I can only find videos which are great(just think how funny it would be to find the crappy ones too), but I like the articles and I don't mind podcasts, they are very convenient to listen to at work.

Would it be possible to add more variety to the media used for your content? At the moment I have a very hard time finding the Articles that I liked in the past, besides making the media more easily find-able will give you accurate feedback on what people prefer.

Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-584419ec3a052
deactivated-584419ec3a052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By deactivated-584419ec3a052
Member since 2012 • 333 Posts

I don't know if it would be possible, but could you add a function which highlights censored words in a post once you make it or while you're typing it? It's annoying when you write a huge load of text on your thoughts on an article only to see the word 'pending' and knowing no-one can read what you spent the past half an hour or more typing, only then to have to sift through and change what may be considered an offensive word, when you don't actually know if it is. Words like 'idiot' strike me as one of the lowest forms of an insult that even 3 or 4 year olds may use, but last I checked it's not allowed on news articles, so it makes finding censored words unfathomably hard to find. The reason I ask is sometimes I've made posts that are never put through, and when I've put in the time to post my thoughts, that's annoying.

So to keep it concise, maybe a red highlight on words considered 'swears' that would cause a pending mark would be useful so we can change our wording ourselves and publish our thoughts on news articles more quickly, or avoid running the risk of no changes being made and our thoughts never getting through.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Make user reviews more obvious for the casual eye. There used to be a table on the right showing off the latest or top voted user reviews (iirc), right on the main review page, on the old site. That was good, bring that back.

truston007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By truston007
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I want to download all game videos!!!!!!!!! I know it's hopeless right??

like this one, I want to download it to collect.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3/2300-6124987/

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#57 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@commonfate: There's no way to remove your own signature atm - mods/admins can do so (albeit not their own). The functionality is there (alongside avatar/profile image/banner removal) it's just not available to remove your own sig/banner/etc at this point in time.

@DamnILoveGames: Unfortunately a completely separate livefyre team handles that stuff on articles atm, and it even filters some things that aren't actually on the filter list to my knowledge, so there's certainly problems with it - that said, highlighting the words would undermine the filter completely, making censor bypassing a joke, including the words that are rightfully blocked.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

I would like a better way to get to the older games. We used to be able to go to the game list and chose type of game the the first letter in the name of game and find it really quick which included every thing about the game from forums to walk through.

stylyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#59 stylyy
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts

@JimB: This still exists, go to 'games' in the nav and use the 'find games' pod on the right hand side.

Raiden_sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Raiden_sama
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts

Please fix the Follow button.

On some games (usually multiplats for some reason) it works just fine, but with others (usually PS3/PS4 exclusives) the green bar saying 'you are now following this game' pops up, but nothing happens. As soon as I refresh the page, the button just goes back to '+Follow' instead of 'Following'. This is really frustrating since my favorite thing about this site used to be having all my gaming news in one place.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts

+1 to 3, 9, 11, 13, and 14.

I think it would be nice to see username color return.

I would also think it'd be nice, if we were able to post links in our signature again like links to blogs, forums, reviews, etc.

Just two suggestions, I can think of, atm.

jg1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jg1234
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I would like to see some sort of advanced search that uses the "Genre" of the PC game.

It used to be, you could pick "Simulation" and then I believe further narrow or sort results by combat or historical or naval etc..

If these features are still on the site I can find them and I thought they were very useful.

Thanks - jg1234

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-579f651eab962

*Updated*

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts

I think it would be nice to see blogs return to the main user profile like the old GS had.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#66 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
@jg1234 said:

I would like to see some sort of advanced search that uses the "Genre" of the PC game.

It used to be, you could pick "Simulation" and then I believe further narrow or sort results by combat or historical or naval etc..

If these features are still on the site I can find them and I thought they were very useful.

Thanks - jg1234

This still exists, you just have to go to the main '(new) games' page that is linked on the top navbar. Once you're on that page it's on the right hand side, just set the genres drop-down to whatever you're looking for and the platform to whatever platform you're looking at as well. As for historical/etc, they come under the themes drop-down that is also on the same panel. There's also region, release date, starting letter of title, created by (top one is publisher, bottom one is developer - unfortunately this isn't clear - this is the opposite way round to how the individual game pages list them) and score related search options.

koreform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 koreform
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

A search function for the forum, please! It's not a new feature, but the current search isn't working. There is a separate thread for this issue but I thought it would be nice if this was added to the list. I know this thread is mainly about new features, but as I also see features to be fixed in the list, I thought it would be a good idea to add this issue. Thanks!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-579f651eab962

@koreform: Added

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Gamespot Leaderboards. Leaderboards for users with the most post,most followers,most blogs, most reviews,and highest levels & most emblems (if they return). Though it would be nice if you could list all users place, I know it might be trick since there are so many users, so you could just show the top 15-20. You should also get a special emblem for holding a spot on the leaderboard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-579f651eab962

@behardy24: Added.

RDx_XacT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RDx_XacT
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

Gamespot should solve the Internal 500 error thing & allow users to edit the reviews or post new reviews. Plus it would be nice to get the user ID I created which was "RDx_XacT" instead of "rdx_xact" as how it shows on my profile. Thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-579f651eab962

@rdx_xact: All users have lowercase names on their profile.

<-----------It's fine here though

gearratio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gearratio
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Allow download of videos, especially those that don't work on the site anymore ever since the big update that broke functionality.

Or if that's pushing it, would it be too much just to upload/link/provide individually requested videos? Especially since there aren't too many requests that would overwhelm the staff right now.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I know this suggestion has been made already but I wanna give my take.

I want the ability to post unlimited times in a row, like it was before. Not just more than 2, but unlimited.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Here's something: Emoticons!

When the new site launched I didn't really mind their removal, but now? There are far too many conversations that get misunderstood or sarcastic posts that can't be detected as such, when using a simple emoticon would've made things much clearer. It's already hard to relay your tone or meaning correctly over the internet, and emoticons go a long way in helping this communication. I believe that bringing them back would make a big difference.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Behardy24

@harry_james_pot said:

When the new site launched I didn't really mind their removal, but now? There are far too many conversations that get misunderstood or sarcastic posts that can't be detected as such, when using a simple emoticon would've made things much clearer. It's already hard to relay your tone or meaning correctly over the internet, and emoticons go a long way in helping this communication. I believe that bringing them back would make a big difference.

+1

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

There needs to be an ignore feature. There are so many users on this site I'd like to ignore.

Avatar image for crusaderprophet
CrusaderProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#79 CrusaderProphet
Member since 2014 • 449 Posts

Is it possible to add an option for horizontal scrolling for browsing the comments on this site in addition to vertical scrolling. It might make it easier for users. Just a thought.

Thanks, CP

Avatar image for SigurdJohannsen
SigurdJohannsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 SigurdJohannsen
Member since 2005 • 27 Posts

Please remove the feature that starts a countdown to jump from the current video to the next.

As an old member, I think right now, what annoys me the most, is after watching a video, there's a countdown to the next video. I have no use for it, no interest in it and it has never shown me anything I've ever wanted to see.

It has however taken me away from reading the comments for a video I have just watched. Which is annoying.

So, please remove the feature. Or replace it with a feature, where I actively have to press something to go there.

gearratio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gearratio
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Is it possible to download videos again? This would really help for being able to view the pre-2008 videos that no longer work.

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#82  Edited By Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

I really don't like the way GameSpot presents the updates in my personal feed. There is surely more improvements can be done here in terms of design to separate out the updates from one another and finally group similar updates if multiple games are having the same update. GameSpot of of 2004 I remember used to have those features.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#83 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@harry_james_pot said:

+1

I agree. they should've never been removed.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#84 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Private profiles, blogs, and stacks

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Can we have the plain text editor back please? I can't quote properly... I just... it's all wrong... nothing works...

Also, I see 42 suggestions and 2 fixes... in 2 months. Sooooo, we should be looking at a 2016 completion date. Mark it on your calendars folks.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 branketra

@SolidSnake35 said:

Can we have the plain text editor back please? I can't quote properly... I just... it's all wrong... nothing works...

Also, I see 42 suggestions and 2 fixes... in 2 months. Sooooo, we should be looking at a 2016 completion date. Mark it on your calendars folks.

More could be done sooner than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

*updated*

@SolidSnake35: There may have been more than 2 fixes/additions but If I don't notice or I am not informed I can't add them.

Patience padawan, patience...

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint said:

Patience padawan, patience...

Seriously?

most of those features on the list, are features we have asked for since the site redesign.

we have been more than patient. with little payoff.

EJayC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By EJayC
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

When it comes to promoting shows like The Lobby and Now Playing, I think a forum for GameSpot content could be a really good way to get the community more active and more invested in the site's personalities. I know that might seem unnecessary considering all of those videos have comments at the bottom, but they don't usually get much activity - and even when they do, a comments section doesn't really lend itself to focused, ongoing discussions in the way that a dedicated section on the forums would.

It seems a little crazy to me that events like Danny's Half-Life stream, didn't get more attention in the forums (unless they did and I missed it, which is totally possible). If there was an area dedicated to things like that, I think GameSpot would have an easier time getting users to be more dedicated to the site. It seems like GameSpot wants to start being more personality-driven, and I think a big part of that is having the community feel a greater sense of attachment toward the personalities.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i want the mods or the admins to read this, don't let anyone below 25 posts make threads. Because there have just been so many spambots lately

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:

i want the mods or the admins to read this, don't let anyone below 25 posts make threads. Because there have just been so many spambots lately

+1

Edit: Although I think 10 would be a better number.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 The_Last_Ride

@harry_james_pot said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

+1

Yeah it was the number that popped into mind, because you can't post more than 5 a day before you have reached 25 posts. So it would make sense that way and just be careful that bots don't spam threads either

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@The_Last_Ride said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

+1

Yeah it was the number that popped into mind, because you can't post more than 5 a day before you have reached 25 posts. So it would make sense that way and just be careful that bots don't spam threads either

You gotta consider new users who create accounts to ask about a game or a hardware problem, 25 would be a bit much.
But yeah there's been too much spam lately, especially in the GD board.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 The_Last_Ride

@harry_james_pot: True, but it has been bad lately. Something has to be done

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

How about a board where we can actually question some of our moderations, or locked threads. Anything, instead of this PM'ing nonsense.

I'm not much of a complainer on this site, but I dislike the fact that the community is forced to just take punishments or whatever else mods throw at them these days, without being able to argue it.

And like I said, that PM system is garbage. Bring back Ask The Mods. At least give us the tiniest sense of a community that isn't completely separated from the staff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962

@freedomfreak: I do agree with you. Ask the Mods was a very useful forum. Better than the current system.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 branketra

@klunt_bumskrint said:

@freedomfreak: I do agree with you. Ask the Mods was a very useful forum. Better than the current system.

Ask the Mods was, indeed. It was a valuable resource.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Behardy24

@freedomfreak said:

How about a board where we can actually question some of our moderations, or locked threads. Anything, instead of this PM'ing nonsense.

I'm not much of a complainer on this site, but I dislike the fact that the community is forced to just take punishments or whatever else mods throw at them these days, without being able to argue it.

And like I said, that PM system is garbage. Bring back Ask The Mods. At least give us the tiniest sense of a community that isn't completely separated from the staff.

+1

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Behardy24

Level Rewards. When levels return, have rewards be unlock when hitting a certain level. These are not physical prizes or anything like that, just more flexibly for what the user can do. So say if a user hits level 14, the reward they'll get is the ability to post 3 times in a row instead of 2. Have there be more variety in these rewards too and have them scatter around the levels. This will encourage users to use the site more often. Mods should revoked these rewards if abused though or as an alternate punishment instead of being suspended or ban.