Enforcement of rules against hate speech is inconsistent, why?

Avatar image for deactivated-642c1157b8e80
deactivated-642c1157b8e80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80
Member since 2023 • 262 Posts

Replace transgender with another minority group in that reply. (which is still up) Replace it with gay, christian, or jewish. I’m certain more decisive action would have been taken right away. I’m certain it would not still be up. Why do I need to ask people to replace transgender with another minority to see the issue?

Why should I wake up to news site reporting on a growing conservative movement to eliminate the entire class of people I am a part of, and have to see people on these forums openly discussing forcing us into religious conversion therapy? Conversion therapy being, of course, torture that doesn’t even work.

Why are moderators here unclear if such blatant hate speech is actionable under the ToS? Gamespot took a very public stance against transphobia in the recent videogame controversy and has employed trans editors in the past. That trans people can’t be safe to use the websites community feature is deeply troubling. Frankly admin intervention may be needed here.

Would a past trans GS editor like Carolyn Petit no longer be welcome on the GS forums?

EDIT: This site currently employs a trans woman editor. Would she, Jessie Earl, even feel comfortable or safe using this sites community features?

Thank you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

The problem isn't necessarily the topic of transgenderism, but the use of the language around "eliminating" or "eradicating".

You can't "eradicate" a lot of mental health issues, beliefs, and so on about people. Historically, however, this has been the start of how people go from wanting to eradicate things about people to eradicating the people themselves.

It is hate speech. Plain and simple.

*Woops just realized this is "Ask the Mods" haha. Not sure if we are allowed to reply here but I did anyway 😋

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

If none of you can answer this simple question, why are you moderators at all? Why should I be the only minority on this forum expected to sit back and see disgusting vile dehumanizing and degrading pure unadulterated hatred poured on me and my community day after flipping day at the exact same time as politicians are debating the best way to commit genocide on us?

No minority group is expected to just take this constant toxic bile, except trans people. For the high crime of existing. Take the garbage, the dehumanizing demonizing insanity tossed our way and replace ”trans“ with any other minority group and you’d delete/ban so fast the offending posters head would be spinning. I’d love to be proven wrong, but this continued silence is absolutely damning.

Why? Why should I have to endure this crap to talk about my favorite hobby? Why don’t you give a crap? Why do I have to go over your heads to the admin to get something done about obvious hate speech? Why are you moderators at bloody all?

Oh but I’m sure “PutEmInCamps“ has only the best intentions and just has concerns he wants to express, eh? No 🚩 to be seen, yes?

WHY?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

You moderators are bigots. Period. You want to exclude a whole class of people in a time where those people face unprecedented governmental persecution, an ongoing genocide, by making it ok to degrade and dehumanize them, treat them as a fun debate topic, abuse them, then fine. Enjoy your dying forums.

OldDadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OldDadGamer  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 3531 Posts

Yup. We are volunteers. We have lives, families, all sorts of stuff. We also are thin these days, as a lot of us have had life events that have kept us away from the site. Add to that the fact that we stick to our parts of the site (for example, I do comments, and don't even know half the forum people), and the fact that some of the forum mods are extra busy means things take time. Of course we don't put up with that sort of thing. We do our best, but we, understandably, have to take care of our real world jobs, families etc. first.

I've brought this to the attention of some of the forum mods, or, at least, messaged them. We'll get on it. Please be patient. We are not bigots. We do our best.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#7 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Lol I don’t like different opinions you’re racist. If I were a mod I’d ignore you as well.