Although E3 2018 doesn't kick off properly until June 12, the show continued today with briefings from two of gaming's biggest publishers. Microsoft and Bethesda held their shows today, and oh my there was a lot of big news from the shows. We got announcements for huge games like Halo: Infinite, Gears of War 5, The Elder Scrolls 6, and a lot more. A lot more.
If you weren't paying attention or simply want a recap, we've rounded up all of the biggest news of the day so far below. You can also check out our recaps of all the news from Microsoft's conference and all the news from Bethesda's. Be sure to check back often as we update this page with more of Sunday's biggest news.
Microsoft Press Conference
Fortnite - Where To Defuse Three Joker Gas Canisters (Batman Challenges) Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 22-28, 2019 You Don't Have To Understand Death Stranding Fortnite - Where To Light Three Bat Signals In Different Named Locations (Batman Challenge Guide) How Twin Peaks Inspired Link's Awakening The Unsolved Murder That Inspired Twin Peaks Star Wars Battlefront 2 Is Getting A New Planet - GS News Update Luigi's Mansion 3 Multiplayer DLC Announced - GS News Update Nascar Heat 4 - Official Launch Trailer Borderlands 3 Gets Free Halloween DLC - GS News Update PlanetSide Arena - Official Launch Gameplay Trailer Last Of Us 2 Confirmed For Next PlayStation State Of Play - GS News Update
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit
- Life Is Strange Spin-Off Gets Adorable E3 2018 Trailer--The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit will be free later this June.
- New Battletoads Confirmed For Xbox At E3 2018--The beat-em-up franchise returns next year with a brand-new instalment.
- Cuphead Gets New Playable Character And Bosses--Cuphead is getting a new playable character, and new enemies and bosses
- Terry Crews Yells A Lot In New Crackdown 3 Trailer--Check out a new trailer for the recently delayed Xbox One and PC game.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Shows A Stunning Futuristic City--CD Projekt Red has lifted the veil on Cyberpunk 2077 at Microsoft's E3 press conference.
Devil May Cry V
- Devil May Cry 5 Revealed At Xbox Press Conference--Devil May Cry 3 director Hideaki Itsuno returns to the series for its newest entry.
The Division 2
- The Division 2 Debuts At Xbox Conference, Washington DC Setting Confirmed--We got our first glimpse at The Division 2 at Microsoft's showcase, confirming the setting and a load of new features.
- The Division 2 Revealed, Release Date Announced--Ubisoft's new shooter arrives in early 2019.
Dying Light 2
- Dying Light 2 Announced At Microsoft E3 2018 Conference--At its E3 2018 presentation, Microsoft showed an announcement trailer for Dying Light 2, followed by an extended demo explaining the cause-and-effect system.
- Fallout 76 Trailer Debuts At Xbox Press Conference--Take a look at the world from Fallout 76, which doesn't look as destroyed as the Fallout worlds we're used to seeing.
- Fallout 76 Will Be Four Times The Size Of Fallout 4--At Microsoft's E3 press conference, Fallout 76's creators revealed the Xbox One, PS4, and PC game will be much, much larger than Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Available On Xbox Game Pass Today--Todd Howard took the stage during the Microsoft conference to show off Fallout 76, but he dropped a little treat you can access today as well.
Forza Horizon 4
- Forza Horizon 4 Announced, Coming This Year--During the Microsoft press conference, the next Forza Horizon game was revealed. It's set in Great Britain and set to launch in October.
- Forza Horizon 4 Release Date Revealed At E3 2018--Here's when you can get your hands on the next racing game from Microsoft.
Gears of War
- Kait Goes On a Journey of Discovery In Gears Of War 5's First Gameplay Trailer--Kait Diaz struggles with strange visions in Gears of War 5's first gameplay trailer
- New Gears Of War Mobile Game Announced, But It's Not What You Expect--Gears Pop, a "Gears experience with an official Funko Pop twist," is coming to iOS and Android in 2019.
- Gears Tactics Announced At Microsoft E3 2018 Showcase--The Coalition showed up at Microsoft's E3 2018 presentation to announce a trio of Gears games, among them a new tactical game appropriately called Gears Tactics.
- Halo Infinite Announced For Xbox One--The time was right for the Master Chief's return, and Microsoft made time on its stage to tease the return of the iconic character.
- Naurto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, And Death Note Crossover In Jump Force--A new anime arena fighting game was announced during Microsoft's E3 press conference. Jump Force brings together four franchises in a 3D brawler.
Just Cause 4
- Just Cause 4 Trailer Is As Crazy As You'd Expect--Rico returns, and he's crazier than ever.
Kingdom Hearts 3
- New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer Debuts at Xbox E3 2018 Briefing--Check out the new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 featuring characters from Frozen and Wreck-It-Ralph.
- Metro Exodus Trailer Shows A Vicious Wasteland--4A Games' open-world survival shooter looks like it's going to be challenging and ruthless.
- Metro Exodus Release Date Announced--The first-person shooter launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC in February on the same day as BioWare's Anthem.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Gets New Gameplay Trailer For Xbox One--The follow up to the indie hit Ori And The Blind Forest had a new gameplay trailer during Microsoft's E3 press conference.
- PUBG on Xbox One Getting New Sanhok Map This Summer--Xbox One players will be getting PUBG's new map soon, Microsoft announced at its E3 2018 press conference.
Sea of Thieves Update
- Sea Of Thieves E3 2018 Trailer Teases Ancient Evil--Microsoft is devoted to its zany pirate adventure game, as a new trailer for Sea of Thieves premiered during the company's E3 presentation.
Sekio: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoftware's New Game)
- Dark Souls Dev's New Game Revealed During Xbox E3 2018 Briefing--From Software's next game has been officially announced; and it's published by Activision.
Xbox One Game Pass
- Xbox Game Pass Adds High-Profile Titles Today; The Division, Fallout 4--Microsoft is pumping new games into Xbox One Game Pass today with Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, and The Division.
- Xbox "Fast Start" Feature Makes Game Pass Titles Load Faster--This new feature can make Game Pass titles load twice as fast.
Bethesda Press Conference
- Doom Eternal Announced At Bethesda's Press Conference--id Software has announced the sequel to Doom, and it will have lots more of what you loved about the 2016 reboot.
The Elder Scrolls Blades
- A New Elder Scrolls Game Announced At Bethesda's Press Conference, But It's Not What You Expect--Elder Scrolls Blades is the next game in the beloved series.
The Elder Scrolls Legends
- Elder Scrolls Coming To Switch With Digital Card Game Legends; PS4/Xbox One, Too--A new version of the digital card game Elder Scrolls Legends is coming to Switch, PS4, and Xbox One this year with better visuals.
The Elder Scrolls 6
- Elder Scrolls 6 Announced--Bethesda has finally revealed the highly-requested sequel to the tenured Elder scrolls series.
- More Fallout 76 Details Revealed--Bethesda has revealed more about Fallout 76 during its E3 2018 press conference.
- Fallout 76 Is A Multiplayer-Focused, Always-Online Game--Bethesda confirms the PS4, Xbox One, and PC game is also playable solo if you want.
- Fallout 76 Gameplay And Details Shared At Bethesda's Press Conference--Fallout 76 is an online multiplayer game coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC; here's what we know.
- Fallout 76 Release Date Revealed--Bethesda has unveiled the release date for Fallout 76 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Fallout 76 Brings Back Building--You'll be able to build portable bases in the new Fallout.
- Fallout 76 Collector's Edition Includes A Wearable Helmet--Fallout 76 is coming this year, complete with a collector's edition that has its own sweet premium items.
- Fallout 76 Will Let You Fire a Nuclear Missle At Anyone--Bethesda trusts players to responsibly use the stockpile of nuclear missiles hidden throughout Fallout 76’s wasteland.
- Fallout Shelter Coming To Nintendo Switch And PS4, Out Tonight--Bethesda announced during its E3 2018 press conference that Fallout Shelter will be coming to new platforms.
- New Prey DLC Takes You To The Moon; Out Now Along Three New Modes--The new Mooncrash DLC is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC; here's everything we know.
- Prey Is Getting A Horrifying Take On Hide-And-Seek This Summer--2017’s Prey is getting some multi-player DLC this summer.
- Quake Champions Is Free Forever If You Download This Week--Bethesda's E3 2019 press conference revealed some awesome Quake Champions news.
- Gruesome Rage 2 Collector's Edition Announced During Bethesda Showcase--A gory talking head for your living room and exclusive in-game content are only some of the goodies that come with the $120 Rage 2 Collector's Edition, announced at E3.
- Rage 2 is Coming Spring 2019--More details about Rage 2 were revealed during Bethesda's E3 2018 press conference, including a release date; coming in early 2019 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Rage 2 Extended Look Explores The Wasteland--Bethesda gave a deep-dive of its post-apocalyptic action game Rage 2 at its E3 2018 press briefing, shedding more light on what awaits in the wastes.
- Watch Rage 2 Gameplay Trailer From Bethesda's Press Conference--Rage 2 is one of Bethesda's marquee titles and more details were revealed in a new trailer for E3 2018. Watch it here.
- Fallout And Skyrim Dev Announces Starfield, A Brand New IP--Todd Howard appeared on stage to give us a very brief glimpse at something completely new from Bethesda.
- Wolfenstein Gets Standalone VR Game Where You Hack Nazi Robots--At its E3 2018 press conference, Bethesda announced a new standalone VR game called Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot.
- Wolfenstein Sequel Youngblood Announced, Releasing 2019--The new Wolfenstein game will be set in the 1980s and stars BJ Blazkowicz's twin daughters.
- Bethesda Makes Fun Of Itself For Re-releasing Skyrim So Many Times--A skit during Bethesda's E3 2018 conference, which starred Key and Peele's Keegan-Michael Key and Amazon's Alexa, poked fun at all those Skyrim re-releases.