Battlefield 1's Confirmed Maps and Modes
Battlefield 1 brings modes like Conquest and Operations to World War 1 locations.
Update: EA has gone on to announce all of the maps and modes that will be available in the base game.
Battlefield 1 is set to release in October and will feature a bunch of maps based on historic World War 1 locations. It'll also include classic Battlefield modes, in addition to a new one called Operations, where you wage war across several maps and rounds in an inter-connected series of battles.
More maps and modes are sure to be revealed in the future, but the confirmed maps so far are set in France and Italy. A war-torn French city; the trench-filled battlefields of Northern France; the Venetion Alps; and the Adriatic coast are all settings for Battlefield 1's matches.
Battlefield 1's confirmed modes are the large-scale Conquest, the close-quarters Domination, and the inter-connected Operations, which features a series of maps and matches. For example, if the defenders fail to keep their objectives, they'll retreat and regroup on a new map in a new match, and the battle will continue.
You can see the full lists of confirmed maps and modes below.
- Amiens -- a French city taken over by war between the British and Germans
- The St. Quentin Scar -- the trench-filled battlefields of Northern France
- Monte Grappa -- the Venetian Alps with cannon-equipped mountain forts that are fought over by the Austra Hungarian Empire and the Italian Army
- Empire's Edge -- the Adriatic coast with battleships
- Conquest -- a large-scale battle with up to 64 players fighting for objectives
- Domination -- smaller locations with objectives and an on-foot combat focus
- Operations -- a series of maps and rounds that are inter-connected by the matches' results
Battlefield 1's multiplayer was shown after EA's E3 press conference. During it, we saw the 64-player Conquest mode played by celebrities (and learned that Terry Crews and Snoop Dogg aren't very good at the game).
You can get all the news from EA's E3 conference or check out some Battlefield 1-specific stories through the links below.
- Battlefield 1 Recaptures What Made the Series Great
- Watch Battlefield 1's Bombastic Gameplay Trailer, See Zeppelin Crash and Burn
- Battlefield 1 E3 2016 Trailer--Everything You Missed
- How Battlefield 1 Got Its Old WW1 Gun Sounds
Keep up with all the news and impressions from the event with GameSpot's E3 hub.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com