Anthem Update Fixes Accidental Loot Buff, Much To Players' Annoyance [Update]
So, by fixing Anthem, BioWare supposedly made things worse.
Briefly, a bug in Anthem caused players to earn above average amounts of Masterwork and Legendary items. However, much to players' chagrin, the loot buff was quickly rectified with a rather large update, Patch 1.0.3. [Update: BioWare has released another update for Anthem's loot system. This one adjust the drop rate of Masterwork and Legendary items.]
According to Kotaku, when the bug was first discovered, players went to Reddit to ask BioWare to keep the changes in the game. The bug might have stuck around for a bit longer too, but Patch 1.0.3--which was originally scheduled to go live March 9--surprisingly went up a day early. "We're dropping the new [Anthem] patch ahead of schedule so you can all benefit from the updates and fixes, including improved stability on all platforms," EA said in a tweet. And unfortunately for those who were enjoying the increased drop rate for Masterwork and Legendary items, the update just happened to patch the bug as well.
Patch 1.0.3 was not created to address the bug, though, and actually fixes many notable problems in Anthem. The update removes respawn restrictions in the game, allowing you to return to the fight in Critical Path, Agents, and non-end game missions after 10 seconds, and to Legendary contracts and other end game missions after 30 seconds. Common and Uncommon items drops also no longer appear for players who are level 30. Audio improvements have been implemented as well, which should fix instances where the game's audio randomly cuts out completely. Patch 1.0.3 improves stability across all platforms too--designed to address any possible console crashing issues like the one that was plaguing PS4.
Neither BioWare nor EA have followed up on whether the loot drop rate will again be increased to the same level as it was on March 8. The full patch notes for Anthem's most recent update can be found on EA's website. The highlights are outlined below.
Anthem 1.0.3 Patch Notes
General Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a number of issues that were blocking players from accessing the Forge
- All missions should now properly end when all conditions have been met
- The inbox now properly displays information on PC (the inbox is found in the newsfeed)
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be unable to interact with NPCs in Fort Tarsis
- The vault is no longer accessible from the Forge. This change was made to improve performance
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to hang when entering menus while on an expedition
- Titans will no longer respawn on missions after they are defeated. Example: if players defeat 2 out of 3 titans and then wipe on the third, the first two will not reappear when players respawn during a mission
- Server shutdown messages should now appear less often
- The ability to Quickplay into a Stronghold has been added back to the game
- Mouse button 4 is no longer bound to the back button for PC players
- Crashes that occurred while selecting certain conversation options when interacting with an NPC have been fixed
- Players should no longer get stuck at the end of the Tomb of General Tarsis mission
- Players should now run into less issues during Quickplay missions. Additional improvements to Quickplay will be coming in future updates
- Players should no longer get stuck behind fogwalls on missions or in strongholds as often
- Players should now receive credit for the There Be Giants challenge when they are downed and when the event is active
- Improved the audio when defeating creatures to provide better feedback
- Changed wording for server shutdown messaging to better indicate that it is just the players server shutting down, not the entire game server
- Players may now launch an expedition from anywhere within the launch bay and Fort Tarsis.
- PS4 led lights will now change based on the javelin being used
- It should now be harder for players to get stun locked by certain enemy compositions
- The values on max flight time inscriptions have been increased
- The appearance of the N7 vinyl on Legion of Dawn armor has been improved
- Haluk will now properly face players during certain dialogue scenes
- The message "Open the Cortex to track the legionnaire Challenges" will no longer pop up after completing the appropriate challenges
- The quality of loot from Stronghold chests has been improved, no more common and uncommon drops
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck at the entrance to the sewers in the Temple of the Scar Stronghold
- Titans: We have made several balance changes to all variations of Titans
- Reduced overall damage mitigation from 100% to between 70% and 75% depending on the damage type.
- Increased the time that weakpoints are exposed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented effects from applying and thus preventing combos.
- Increased the damage the Titan takes from weakpoint hits.
- Lesser Titan's weakpoint's have been changed to always be active.
- Improved the collision on the ring and seeking projectile attacks. This should make them easier to dodge.
- Decreased the radius of the seeking projectile attack.
- Decreased the damage done by the self-destruct ability.
- Frozen Scar Enforcers and Scrappers can no longer move or attack while frozen
- The Monitor's health has been greatly reduced in the Heart of Rage Stronghold.
- Players will be less likely to be repeatedly staggered by heavy attacks.
- Adjusted the force applied by some creature attacks down which will lower the frequency of player’s being staggered.
Damage and Item Scaling Changes
- Adjusted the damage scaling of secondary damage sources. These now scale with Average Item Power. This will allow these damage sources to better scale in the Grandmaster Difficulties. This will increase the scaling of the following:
- Melee Damage
- Combo Damage
- Ultimate Damage
- Status Effects
- Item Procs (e.g. Proc from Yvenia’s Thunder)
- Item Power scaling has changed to better reflect the actual power of the item based on its rarity. This is applied to all items retroactively. Players will see the Power of their items go up.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- The Ultimate ability bar will no longer appear full at the start of a mission when it isn’t actually full
- Weapon recoil will now stop once an exo is looking straight up
- Fixed a number of animation issues that could occur when the Colossus was using its shield.
- It should no longer be possible for the Interceptor to become Frozen while starting up their ultimate
- Interceptor Aura damage will now deal the correct type of damage based on the active aura
- Players can no longer equip abilities from one javelin to another
- The Colossus can now use gear faster after being attacked by a heavy hit from enemies
- The Colossus can now shield charge through destructible objects such as explosive canisters or harvest nodes
- The Colossus now recovers faster after crashing into walls
Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base health of Wind Wall and Bulwark Point to provide better scaling in higher difficulties. The duration of these has been reduced to 20 seconds, down from 60 seconds
- Burst Mortar’s damage has been increased to 300, up from 145 and its cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds. Its description has also been fixed.
- Flak Cannon’s damage has been increased to 42, up from 30
- Battle Cry’s description has been updated to explain that it also reduces the resistances of affected targets
- Wraith Strike’s damage has been increased to 250, up from 200 and it will now apply elemental effect to targets based on the active aura
- Note: Description text for Wraith Strike will be updated in 1.0.4.
Item Bug Fixes
- Wind Wall should no longer block or interfere with other player abilities
- Ranger Grenadier Component will now correctly lower the cooldown of grenade abilities
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons were not firing where the crosshairs were aimed
- The Ice Blast ability for the Storm javelin now has the primer icon correctly displayed
Inscription Bug Fixes
- The Thruster Delay Recovery Inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Overheat Delay Recovery Inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Weapon Reload Bonus Inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- Note: These will have non-updated text values until the next patch (1.0.4)
Masterwork Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base damage of the following Masterwork Weapons.
- Ralner's Blaze
- Rolling Carnage
- Cycle of Pain
- The Last Stand
- Glorious Result
- Insult and Injury
- Sentinel Vengeance
- Gnosta's Balm
- Vassa's Surprise
- Soothing Touch
- Renewed Courage
- Artinia's Gambit
Masterwork Item Bug Fixes
- Ralner's Blaze - Will no longer roll with incorrect inscriptions
- Ablative Shielding now provides the proper boost in shield and armor
- Badge of Devastation will now generate more ultimate charge when triggered
- It should no longer be possible to stack the effect from Gunslinger's Mark more than once
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com