New chapter, new challenges.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
A new chapter of Fortnite is here. After Season 10's cataclysmic "The End" event saw the game get seemingly destroyed by a black hole, the battle royale shooter returned as Fortnite Chapter 2, introducing a new map, new mechanics like fishing and weapon upgrading, and a whole host of other changes.
One aspect that remains the same, however, is challenges. Each week, players who've picked up a Chapter 2 Battle Pass will get access to a new set of challenges to complete, which run the gamut from scoring eliminations with certain weapons to finding a particular item around the map. As usual, clearing challenges will help you level up your Battle Pass, unlocking new skins and other cosmetic items in turn--and this time, it's even easier to level up the pass.
Chapter 2 may have recently begun, but there are already several sets of challenges to complete, with even more to come each week as the season progresses. You can see the full list of Fortnite Chapter 2 challenges so far below, along with tips and maps showing you how to complete them. We'll continue to update this list as more challenges become available, so be sure to check back often throughout the season for all our latest Fortnite challenge guides.
- Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 1 Weekly Challenges
- New World Challenges (Week 1)
- Open Water Challenges (Week 2)
- Forged In Slurp Challenges (Week 3)
- Dockyard Deal Challenges (Week 4)
- The Lowdown Challenges (Week 5)
- Hide And Seek Challenges (Week 6)
- Trick Shot Challenges (Week 7)
- Dive Challenges (Week 8)
- Chaos Rising Challenges (Week 9)
- Limited-Time Challenges
- Fortnitemares Challenges
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 1 Weekly Challenges
- Discover Named Locations (10)
- Eliminations at Lazy Lake or Misty Meadows (3)
- Discover Landmarks (10)
- Ride a Motorboat in different matches (3)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles to opponents (500)
- Search chests at Sweaty Sands or Retail Row (7)
- Eliminations in different matches (5)
- Catch a weapon using a Fishing Rod (1)
- Deal damage with SMGs, Shotguns, and Pistols in a single match (3)
- Carry a knocked player 10m
- Search hidden "F" found in the New World loading screen
Discover Named Locations
The first set of Chapter 2 challenges is fittingly titled New World, and many of the missions task you with exploring the new map. The first asks you to discover 10 named locations. However, the first time you jump into a match, your map will be blank, and the named locations won't appear until you've visited them, which may make this challenge tricky if you don't already know where to go. To help you out, we've marked all the different named locations on the map above in white.
Continuing the theme of exploration, this New World challenge asks you to discover 10 landmarks on the island. This shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, as there are way more than that scattered around the map. However, you need to visit different landmarks for your progress to count; you can't simply return to the same ones across multiple matches. If you need help locating some, we've marked 10 landmarks in yellow on the map above.
Search Hidden F Found In The New World Loading Screen
Complete eight New World challenges and you'll unlock a special loading screen, which contains a clue pointing you to the letter F hidden somewhere around the island. The letter can be found near Lazy Lake, one of the new named locations introduced in Chapter 2. The town is nestled in the southeast portion of the island, and the letter will appear on a hill just to its east--you can see the exact location above. If you need more help finding the letter, be sure to check out our full hidden letter F location guide.
- Land at Craggy Cliffs, Salty Springs, and Dirty Docks
- Hide inside hideouts in different matches (3)
- Search chests at Craggy Cliffs or Misty Meadows (7)
- Eliminate opponents with a sniper rifle (2)
- Be crouched within 20m of an opponent for 10 seconds
- Deal damage with pistols to opponents (500)
- Search ammo boxes in a single match (7)
- Get an elimination from 50m or further
- Survive Storm phases (10)
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of leaving a hideout
- Search hidden "O" found in the Open Water loading screen
Hide Inside Hideouts In Different Matches
Despite the set's name, most of the Open Water challenges revolve around hiding, and one in particular asks you to hide inside hideouts in different matches. Hideouts are a new map feature introduced in Chapter 2, and they come in two forms: dumpsters and haystacks. Both are fairly plentiful around the island. Dumpsters can commonly be found near buildings in major named locations such as Retail Row, Craggy Cliff, and Dirty Docks, while haystacks are most prevalent around Frenzy Farm. Conceal yourself in any hideout in three different matches and you'll complete the challenge.
Search Hidden O Found In The Open Water Loading Screen
Complete eight Open Water challenges and you'll unlock another special loading screen, this one pointing to a different letter to find. This time, it's the letter O, and it's located in Craggy Cliffs, near the docks in the northernmost portion of the area. Make your way to the area and the letter will appear when you approach. If you need more help finding it, check out our dedicated hidden letter O location guide.
Forged In Slurp Challenges (Week 3)
- Search Chests at Slurpy Swamp or Retail Row (7)
- Eliminate opponents with a weapon of each rarity (5)
- Upgrade an item at a Weapon Upgrade Bench (3)
- Dance at Compact Cars, Lockie's Lighthouse, and a Weather Station
- Deal damage with Common weapons (500)
- Mark an Uncommon, Rare, and Epic Item
- Eliminate opponents at EGO outposts or Retail Row (3)
- Search Ammo Boxes at Landmarks (3)
- Search Supply Drops in different matches (3)
- Deal damage with Legendary weapons (250)
- Search hidden letter "R" found in the Forged In Slurp loading screen
Dance At Compact Cars, Lockie's Lighthouse, And A Weather Station
There isn't much of a theme tying the Forged In Slurp challenges together, so they run the gamut from searching chests to eliminating opponents in certain areas. One of the trickier missions, however, asks you to dance at three specific locations: Compact Cars, Lockie's Lighthouse, and a Weather Station. Compact Cars is a small scrapyard near the center of the map; Lockie's Lighthouse is a tall red-and-white lighthouse near Pleasant Park; and the Weather Station is located atop the snowy mountains in the southwest corner of the island. You can see where all three landmarks are located on the map above.
Search Hidden R Found In Forged In Slurp Loading Screen
As has been the trend this season, if you complete eight of this week's challenges, you'll earn a special loading screen, which will point the way to a letter that's hidden somewhere around the island. This week, you'll be searching for the letter R, and it's tucked away near the Slurp Factory in Slurpy Swamp. Specifically, the letter is hidden beneath a platform on the northeastern side of the factory; we've marked its location on the map above. Once you approach the spot, the R will appear, allowing you to collect it. Keep in mind, however, that the R won't show up in the game until you've unlocked this challenge, so you'll need to work your way through the other Forged In Slurp missions before you can find it.
Dockyard Deal Challenges (Week 4)
- Eliminations at Pleasant Park or Dirty Docks (3)
- Search chests at Dirty Docks or Salty Springs (7)
- Deal damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (250)
- Jump a Motorboat through different flaming rings (3)
- Deal any damage to opponents by shooting exploding gas pumps
- Visit the Boat Launch, Coral Cove, and Flopper Pond
- Deal damage to enemy structures with Explosive Weapons (1,000)
- Deal damage to opponents from above (250)
- Land at Weeping Woods, Lazy Lake, and Pleasant Park
- Explosive Weapon eliminations (2)
- Search hidden T found in Dockyard Deal loading screen
Jump A Motorboat Through Different Flaming Rings
One of Week 4's challenges puts the new motorboat to good use, tasking you with using the vehicle to jump through three different flaming rings. The rings are scattered across the island, but many are located near where the motorboats spawn, so you shouldn't have much trouble tracking down three different ones. You can find motorboats north of Slurpy Swamp and Misty Meadows, as well as south and east Lazy Lake, while the flaming rings are spread out across the southern portion of the island. We've marked where some of these are on the map above. For more help completing the challenge, be sure to check out our dedicated motorboat and flaming ring locations guide.
Deal Any Damage To Opponents By Shooting Exploding Gas Pumps
Perhaps the toughest of Week 4's Dockyard Deal challenges is the one that asks you to deal damage to opponents by shooting exploding gas pumps. To complete this mission, you'll need to explode one of the six gas stations scattered around the island and have another player get caught up in the explosion. Fortunately, any amount of damage will be sufficient to clear the challenge, so your best bet will be to play either Duos or Squads, chuck a downed opponent near a pump, and detonate it. As previously mentioned, there are six gas stations scattered around the map, most of which are located in the northern portion. If you need help finding them, check out our gas station locations guide.
Visit Boat Launch, Coral Cove, And Flopper Pond
A handful of Week 4's Dockyard Deal challenges have you traveling to different areas of the map, and for this one, you'll need to visit three particular landmarks: Boat Launch, Coral Cove, and Flopper Pond. Unlike named locations, landmarks aren't displayed on the game's map, which may make them a bit tricky to find if you aren't already familiar with Fortnite's new island. Boat Launch is southeast of Misty Meadows, near the snowy mountaintop; Coral Cove is in the northwest corner of the map, past Sweaty Sands; and Flopper Pond is in the middle of both, just north of Weeping Woods. We've marked all three landmarks on the map above.
Search Hidden T Found In Dockyard Deal Loading Screen
Complete eight of the Dockyard Deal challenges and you'll unlock another special loading screen, this one pointing you to the letter T hidden somewhere around the island. The loading screen in question depicts a shady deal going down at Dirty Docks, and that's where you'll need to go to find the letter. The T will appear atop the scaffolding between two cranes; you can see exactly where on the map above. Make your way up to the spot and interact with the letter T when it pops up to complete the challenge and take another step closer to unlocking this season's special skin. If you need more help finding the letter, check out our full letter T location guide.
The Lowdown Challenges (Week 5)
- Search chests at EGO outposts (7)
- Deal damage to opponents while riding in a Motorboat (500)
- Visit different EGO outposts (5)
- Assault Rifle eliminations (3)
- Revive a teammate in different matches (3)
- Search Ammo Boxes in different Named Locations (7)
- Heal teammates with a Bandage Bazooka (200)
- Eliminations at Craggy Cliffs or Salty Springs (3)
- Reboot a teammate (1)
- Assist teammates with eliminations (7)
- Search hidden N found in the Lowdown loading screen
Search Chests At EGO Outposts
Two of the initial three Lowdown challenges involve EGO outposts, making this a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and complete both missions together. The first asks you to search seven chests at EGO outposts, so you simply need to make your way to the landmarks and loot any chests you come across until you've hit the required amount. There are five outposts scattered around the island; you can see where each is located on the map above.
Visit Different EGO Outposts
The second EGO-related challenge asks you to visit five different EGO outposts. As there are only five to begin with, you'll need to head to each one in order to complete this challenge. Fortunately, you don't need to visit all five within a single match, so you can glide to one, get yourself eliminated, jump into another round and land at a different outpost until you've visited all five. We've marked all the EGO outpost locations on the map above.
Search Hidden N Found In Lowdown Loading Screen
The final Lowdown challenge has you searching for another letter hidden somewhere around the island. This week, it's the letter N, and it is fittingly also inside an EGO outpost, specifically the one southwest of Holly Hedges. Enter the hangar, make your way up the walkway, and the N will appear above a barrel. We've marked the outpost's location on the map above, but if you need more help finding the letter, be sure to also check out our hidden letter N location guide.
Hide And Seek Challenges (Week 6)
- Land at Frenzy Farm, Slurpy Swamp, and Sweaty Sands
- Harvest 500 wood, 400 stone, and 300 metal
- Eliminations at Frenzy Farm or Sweaty Sands (3)
- Consume Foraged Items (10)
- Search chests at Pleasant Park or Lazy Lake (7)
- Deal damage to opponents with Pickaxes (100)
- Hit 5 consecutive weak points while harvesting materials
- Hit headshots (10)
- Visit Landmarks in a single match (5)
- Eliminations in different matches (5)
- Search hidden I found in Hide and Seek loading screen
Search Hidden I Found In Hide And Seek Loading Screen
As usual, the last Hide and Seek challenge has you searching for another letter hidden somewhere around the island--in this case, the letter I. It's found inside a barn in Frenzy Farm. Make your way to the barn, head up to its third floor, and the I will appear near an open window. If you need help finding the barn, we've marked its location on the map above. You can also check out our full hidden letter I location guide for more tips on how to complete the challenge.
Trick Shot Challenges (Week 7)
- Eliminations while at 50 Health or less (2)
- Consume Foraged apples at the Orchard (3)
- Eliminations at Weeping Woods or a Landmark (3)
- Dance at the Pipe Man, Hay Man, and Timber Tent
- Gain Health with a Small Fry, a Flopper, and a Slurp Fish
- Eliminations with Pistols (3)
- Visit Named Locations in a single match (3)
- Damage with Shotguns (500)
- Save yourself from fall damage by landing in a Hideout
- Heal yourself within 10 seconds after taking damage from an opponent
- Search hidden T in the Trick Shot loading screen
Dance At The Pipe Man, Hay Man, And Timber Tent
There isn't much of a theme running through Week 7's Trick Shot challenges, so you'll be doing a variety of different tasks, including dancing in front of three different structures: a Pipe Man, a Hay Man, and a Timber Tent. The Pipe Man can be found sitting on a hill near the southern tip of the island, just past the snowy mountain that's to the south of Misty Meadow. The Hay Man, meanwhile, is in the southwest corner of Frenzy Farm. Finally, the Timber Tent can be found directly south of Sweaty Sands. We've marked the location of all three structures on the map above.
Search Hidden T In Trick Shot Loading Screen
Complete eight of the Trick Shot challenges and you'll unlock another special loading screen that points you to a letter hidden somewhere around the island. This week, you'll be searching for another letter T, and it's tucked away in Weeping Woods, specifically beneath a bridge in the northern portion of the area. Head to that spot once you've unlocked the corresponding challenge and the letter will appear when you approach. You can see exactly where the T is hidden on the map above.
Dive Challenges (Week 8)
- Deal damage to descending Supply Drops (200)
- Eliminations at Hydro 16 or Holly Hedges (3)
- Search a Supply Drop within 10 seconds of it landing (3)
- Complete the swimming time trials at Lazy Lake and east of Hydro 16 (2)
- Eliminations without aiming down sights (3)
- Pull an item, pull an opponent, and catch a fish using a Harpoon Gun (3)
- Deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds of using a glider
- Search 2 chests within 30 seconds of each other (3)
- Harvest wood within 60 seconds after landing from the Battle Bus in a single match (300)
- Deal damage with 2 different weapons within 30 seconds
- Search the hidden E found in the Dive loading screen
Search Hidden E In Dive Loading Screen
Complete eight challenges from the Dive set and you'll unlock another loading screen. This one shows you where the letter E--the final letter you need to collect to unlock this season's special Sonara skin--is hidden. You'll find the letter near the Hydro 16 dam, which is located to the east of Slurpy Swamp. Make your way to the area and the letter will appear above one of the lampposts. You can see exactly where the E is hidden on the map above. If you need more help finding it, be sure to also check out our hidden E location guide.
Chaos Rising Challenges (Week 9)
- Search Ammo Boxes at Steamy Stacks or Holly Hedges (7)
- Skydive through rings in Steamy Stacks
- Complete a Motorboat time trial
- Deal damage to opponents from below (250)
- Dance at a Green Steel Bridge, Yellow Steel Bridge, and Red Steel Bridge
- Eliminations with Shotguns (3)
- Use a zipline in different matches (2)
- Eliminations from within 5 meters (3)
- Search Chests in a single match (5)
- Deal damage to opponents while in water (500)
- Search the XP Drop hidden in the Chaos Rising loading screen
Dance At A Green Steel Bridge, Yellow Steel Bridge, And Red Steel Bridge
Perhaps the trickiest of Fortnite's Chaos Rising challenges asks you to dance at three different colored bridges. What makes this task particularly daunting is just how many waterways there are around the island, so if you're not already familiar with Chapter 2's new map, you'll likely have trouble tracking down these three specific bridges. The green bridge is to the southeast of Frenzy Farm; the yellow bridge is directly east of Misty Meadows; and the red bridge is to the south of Pleasant Park. We've marked the locations of all three bridges on the map above. You can also find more details to help you complete this challenge in our Fortnite bridge locations guide.
Search The XP Drop Hidden In The Chaos Rising Loading Screen
As was the case with previous weeks, completing eight of Fortnite's Chaos Rising challenges will unlock a special loading screen that contains a clue pointing to a secret item hidden somewhere around the map. Instead of a hidden letter, however, this week's loading screen leads to an XP Drop, which is effectively this season's equivalent of the secret Battle Stars from past seasons. The XP Drop can be found in Steamy Stacks, specifically next to the cube statue in the Kevolution Energy Plant. We've marked its location on the map above. If you need more help finding it, be sure to also consult our XP Drop location guide. However, keep in mind that the XP Drop will only appear after you've unlocked the Chaos Rising loading screen, so you'll need to clear the other challenges from the set first before you can collect it.
- Destroy haunted household furniture (5) -- 30,000 XP
- Leap from a Hideout while an opposing player is within 20m (1) -- 30,000 XP
- Search a chest in a haunted forest, a ghost town, and a spooky farm (3) -- 30,000 XP
- Deal damage to Storm King weak points (10,000) -- King's Wrath spray
- Revive teammates while battling the Storm King (3) -- Banner
- Defeat the Storm King -- Storm Sail umbrella
Search A Chest In A Haunted Forest, Ghost Town, And Spooky Farm
Fortnite's Halloween-themed Fortnitemares event features its own set of challenges to complete. Unlike standard weekly challenges, these will only be available until November 4, and most revolve around the new Storm King limited-time mode. However, perhaps the trickiest of the bunch asks you to search chests in three specific areas: a haunted forest, a ghost town, and a spooky farm. The forest and farm are easy enough to find; they're Weeping and Frenzy Farm, two named areas. The ghost town, however, is a bit more obscure; it's the unnamed town located in quadrant G1, northwest of Steamy Stacks. You can see where all three areas are located on the map above.