Your thoughts about "Anti-halo" people,

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Why do so many people hate on Halo? Dont they have a life? Well your thoughts? Its just a game but a very good game
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
I love the franchise - but do believe it is over hyped. I think the fact that some people who may not be into FPS only hear Halo this and Halo that for months on end leading up to a release just gets annoying for them.
halogta9890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 halogta9890
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts
One reason they "hate on" Halo is because so many people like it, and they just want to piss them off, but there are some people who just don't like that game, and some are pissed they don't have it on there console.
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
But you're hating on people that are anti-halo so does that mean you have no life?
BNB2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BNB2000
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
Maybe they got pissed because Halo 2 was such waste of money compared to the first one. Ever thought of that?
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
Because not everyone likes Halo? It's called having an opinion.
Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tom1243
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts

Because not everyone likes Halo? It's called having an opinion.TheHimura

Yeah, i get annoyed when people hate on people who dont like a game. While the TC thinks its an awesome game, somebody else prob just wants to sit down and play Oblivion or something. While i will buy halo 3, and enjoy i dont follow it hard. I also think its the most over hyped thing in the world. Half life 2 is miles better than Halo, imo.

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts
Why do so many people hate on Halo? Dont they have a life? Well your thoughts? Its just a game but a very good gameDilan120
because disliking halo and having no life have recently been found to go hand in hand... and only people who like halo have lives. its the same as any game, some people like it some dont. its an opinion get over it.
jaymeny11780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaymeny11780
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
it has boring gameplay, lame story. Its not a fun game to me (and no im not a fanboy, i just dont think the game does anything that makes it "amazing")
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
Who cares if they don't like Halo? If you like it, thats all that should matter.
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts
those ppl r sick! lol jkjk ummmm....im not a huge halo fan but ive always liked it. i think its a pretty good game but not amazing. i think ppl dont like it cuz of all the market hype. its waaaaaaaay 2 overhyped
blackdog144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 blackdog144
Member since 2004 • 655 Posts
i could care less if they like halo or not, their entitles to there on opinion.
Duddy316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Duddy316
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts
Well Halo was awesome because you could sit in a house with eight friends and spend hours shooting eachother and yelling and drinking MD...Halo 2 has almost as good except for all the turds...MMO+people=ruined game expirience
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts

Why do so many people hate on Halo? Dont they have a life? Well your thoughts? Its just a game but a very good gameDilan120

dude,people are allowed to not like a game.just because they dont like it doesnt mean they dont have a life.heck,your the one posting on a vediogame forum.

i can agree that people who dont like halo just because they are ps3 owners or just because everyone else likes halo is a little idiotic,but for gods sake man.am i an idiot because i dont like hour of victory?

halfirishhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 halfirishhomer
Member since 2007 • 550 Posts
i think the question you should be asking is if the people who spend all their free time playing halo (one of the most un-original, unimpressive games imo) have a life
Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts

The people you're talking about are probably just annoyed that Halo is getting so much hype when it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

We're all entitled to our opinions and we don't have to enjoy an experience that some may feel is shallow.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
i dont get it. without halo combat evolved there would not be any good fps on consoles, halo 2 was good, i never played the multiplayer until i got the 360 2 years after buying it and, still i really liked the co.op, theres nothing like playing halo 2 coop with a friend or ur brother, and halo 3 looks really innovative with the forge map editor, all the new vehicles, 4 person coop, if u wanna get some good time, buyhalo, if ur a nerd, buy mass effect
soundsofsulfur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 soundsofsulfur
Member since 2006 • 172 Posts
yeah it really shouldn't bother any fan of the game to see people hating on it cuz you're still gonna have another 1million+ onine to play with that do like it
chimparzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chimparzan
Member since 2004 • 361 Posts

i think the question you should be asking is if the people who spend all their free time playing halo (one of the most un-original, unimpressive games imo) have a lifehalfirishhomer

I think this kind of comment could be what he is rferring to, its fine if you dont like the game, but it seems like alot of people that dont like halo start to hate the people that play it. You dont have to sit there bashing anyone cause of the game/console/whatever they like, that is when you dont have a life, when the only thing you can do is just piss and moan at people cause they like something.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
They're missing out big time.
Zwig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zwig
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
The main reason I think people hate on Halo is the way everyone talks about it like its the greatest game of all time. Its not even close, its not even the best FPS of all time. Its main appeal to me is that there are always 1000000000000 people ready to fight at any time and thats really it.
BeyondtheSea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BeyondtheSea
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
eh no game can satisfy everyone.
Merc117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Merc117
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
They shuld try it and if they dont like it then we shuldnt force them to play halo
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
100% sore losers. i kicked there ass so hard that they quite playing and they will the try to bash the game as hard as they could just so others might think there not a loser. waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
KodaksPoptarTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KodaksPoptarTs
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
well halo is not the best thing ever. it sure is fun, if people dont like it ok then that blows for them..i think if you hate it and you have never played it.. then thats just lameo
damned_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#26 damned_beast
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
I love the halo games. But i dont mind when people say halo is a bad game or over rated... But i hate when they go into a forum with a bunch of halo fans talking about the game and say stupid stuff.
FinalMyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FinalMyrmidon
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I like how everyone talked right past the question. I think someone pointed it out, but what's at the heart of the question isn't "Why do people think Halo is a bad game?" That's how it was worded, but I'll forgive our intrepid topic-maker for his faulty communication. The real issue is, "Why do people who think Halo is a bad game feel compelled to rant endlessly about its faults?" This, to me, is a valid question if you broaden it up.

I mean, seriously. If we don't like a game, why do we spend so much time denigrating it? It's like going to the Louvre to tell everyone how overrated it is. It's just obnoxious. I really don't care if people like Halo or not. However, I absolutely abhor people who insist on telling me that it is a "bad" game repeatedly. I got the message when they said they didn't like it; they aren't going to convert me to their Halophobia, just as I won't turn them into a Halophile. So why can't we let live and let live? They play whatever game they think is better, and I'll play whatever game I think is fun. Sounds good, right?

Now, the obvious answer is to ignore them. But that doesn't shut them up. Frequently, in convinces them that they're gaining ground because no one has a good response to them. The thing is, if you let someone say something stupid repeatedly, they're going to think that their stupidity is correct. Now, maybe that doesn't bother some of you. But it bothers me when you can't discuss a game you like without someone extolling how that game possesses all Seven Deadly Sins and you ought rightly be cursed to hell for playing it.

So stop bugging this guy for asking the question. It's fair enough. A better question would have been, "Why does anyone feel the need to waste their time on something they don't like?"

More on-topic, people don't like Halo for various reasons. My old roommate didn't like it because he was good at PC shooters and not at it. That made it qualitatively "bad." It never occurred to him that I didn't denigrate his PC shooters even though he consistently beat me at those. Regardless, there are more legitimate reasons. However, none of them really make Halo a "bad" game. They just keep it from being someone's cup of tea.

PS- My example of the Louvre may confuse some people. It's not that Halo is a masterpiece of art. The point is that people who go to the Louvre are typically people who like going to the Louvre. Therefore, going to the Louvre to complain about it doesn't make any sense at all, because you're not likely to convince people who like the Louvre enough to go. More ironically, think of preaching to the choire, but a sermon from the Church of Satan. You're just not gonna get anywhere.

YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
I don't "hate" the series. I think it is good series but it is far from the "best". I know it has done a lot for online MP and FPS, but just changing weapons from game to game doesn't make it good. YOu have to have more and that is where I see Halo 3 is lacking. The thing I hate most about the Halo series is the Halo fanboys. Nothing against you guys because your devotion is admirable, but you guys follow the word of Bungie like it is being read from a religious holy book. Congratulations you're pumped for Halo 3 and love the series, we get it already...
NineDaysWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NineDaysWonder
Member since 2007 • 357 Posts
The one reason I don't really like Halo is because I used to play PC games all the time, and it seems like a complete rip-off of Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena gameplay. It seems like the only people who really really like Halo were people who never played PC games in their lives. Halo doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Wow.

Someone on the 360 forums.

On a Halo 3 topic.

Knows about the word "opinion".

Wow you don't see that everyday.:o

loky3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loky3000
Member since 2004 • 256 Posts

Well as said above, it all depends on personal taste. Alot of FPS fans in general want to be 'cool' and whatnot so they try to look like individuals, sadly they fail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0
deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b45f1f9decd0
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts

anti halo= sony fanboy. 360 owner+ anti halo person =doesnt exist

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

I'm a minor halo fan, as i will buy the game but who says people aren't allowed to dislike a game?There are more important things, such as school,jobs,family etc.I do agree with the people that say it's one of the most overhyped games....

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
they suck at the game so they hate it. fact is, it's a very well done game, great music, addicting gameplay and an intereting storyline. haters or never played the game, sucked at it, or are fanboys of other consoles. people who truely just didn't like the game aren't what I'd call haters, some of my friends don't like halo but they don't bash it day in and day out.
aching546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 aching546
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
i hate people who lie about liking halo just to seem cool or be part of the crowd. when you play against these people in multiplayer, they say they play a lot and talk a bunch of trash, but they really just suck. im ok with anti halo people, because you're entitled to your own opinion, but when people try to get into halo just because they wanna be a part of the crowd, these people just PISS ME OFF because they don't really like the game. im seeing this happen with the launch of halo 3, because i bet you half the people who are gonna buy halo 3 dont actually appreciate or enjoy the game, but they just buy it to seem cool. retards like this screw up xbox live, and for people in school, you know what im talking about when theres some "i dont really like halo but i just buy it and play it so i have something cool to talk about" people
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
It's their opinion. Saying that people have no lives for hating Halo is pretty stupid.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

People hate on Halo because they can. Peoplehate on Halo for many reasons. The point is, everyone is entitled to their opinions. And really, who cares what someone else thinks? If you like it, play it. Don't waste your time and energy defending it on a message board.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

Why do so many people hate on Halo? Dont they have a life?Dilan120

The answer to this is very simple. Everyone has a choice to like and dislike anything they choose. It is nothing the matter with someone if they do not like something point blank.

-One man's koolaid is another man's poision!

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts
what eva to them
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
a lot of people just dont like it cause its popular :|
L00pey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 L00pey
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

i dontstand people who dont like the game maybe there not good at it or something, maybe they have no friends to stay up till 5 o clock in the mourning playing nonstop.

so many memories....

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

My thoughts are that the Halo lovers need to understand that not everybody loves Halo as much as they do. People like what they like and nobody needs to explain themselves to anybody else. I love certain games that other people don't, and I dislike some games that other people love and guess what.....there is nothing wrong with it.

Some of the hardcore Halo crowd seems to get offended and pissed off when someone doesn't like Halo, and that's just idiotic. I don't expect anyone to love a game just because I do, and if someone feels that they should then they are just delusional. The sooner people come to terms with the fact that not everyone loves the same games the same way, the better off we will all be.

Taylor9124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 Taylor9124
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
Taylor9124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 Taylor9124
Member since 2006 • 668 Posts
wanker12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 wanker12
Member since 2003 • 2048 Posts
it seems hard to accept that anyone would ever say that halo and halo 2 arent' good games when they obviously are, but not everybody likes fps' or they only like military shooters, or whatever, but i think anyone who comes on these forums criticizing halo and h2 calling them bad games is probably just flame baiting, or trolling, or whatever the current vernacular is.
f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts
I don't like Halo and I probably have more of a life then you ever will.
BeyondtheSea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BeyondtheSea
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
yay... i love argueing on the internet... but hey I agree, its all about what you like.
MGS-is-PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MGS-is-PS
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts

traitor! u hold the sign of metal gear solid and side with HALO! be loyal to the fox-hound! MGS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!! MGS IS PS!!!!

PS. MGS will destroy HALO ANY time!!!