Your thoughts about "Anti-halo" people,

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HVPinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 HVPinc
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

Maybe you should've specified that its notanti-halo-ists in general that have no life, but the ones who go out of their ways to create anti-halo forums and discussions.

Anyway, they don't like it because halo really is a run of the mill shooter but halo just got it down so well and had an atmosphere which is why it got popular. Multi player helped alot to though.

Also there's also some jealousy going down since halo is probably the first game to have a launch this damned huge and mainstream. I mean you'd figure its a new console coming out...

nyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 nyoe
Member since 2005 • 2527 Posts
does it really matter? im not anti halo i just find it kinda boring and repetative
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Nothing really...Everybody has different taste in games
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
People hate on it because halo 2 was over hyped, which is such a stupid pathetic argument, it makes me laugh every time I see it. It was still a really good game, but fanboys will never get that.
LuffyTubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LuffyTubby
Member since 2006 • 741 Posts

Because not everyone likes Halo? It's called having an opinion.TheHimura

wow, there buddy! That's overly close to blasphemy!

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts
the poeple who dislike halo are usually PC gamers, they saw ALot of hype in halo, and when they played it it brang NOTHING new to the table for them, i too think its NOT THAT GREAT because i have played similar games if not better games on PC a while back, but still its a good game
nyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 nyoe
Member since 2005 • 2527 Posts

i dont get it. without halo combat evolved there would not be any good fps on consoles, halo 2 was good, i never played the multiplayer until i got the 360 2 years after buying it and, still i really liked the co.op, theres nothing like playing halo 2 coop with a friend or ur brother, and halo 3 looks really innovative with the forge map editor, all the new vehicles, 4 person coop, if u wanna get some good time, buyhalo, if ur a nerd, buy mass effectgreat_rulo

"without halo combat evolved there would not be anygood fps on consoles..."

ever heard of goldeneye 64 or perfect dark?

The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
I don't hate on it, I'm just not a big fan of the series. I'll still play Halo 3 but only rent and if it sucks me in like the other 2 have failed to do, I will buy it.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
I don't dislike Halo, but I don't worship it either. I'll be buying the retail version cause it's the cheapest and for me (PERSONALLY) It doesn't merit the Special Edition. It's not a Bioshock or Mass Effect.
Spyderfan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60 Spyderfan1212
Member since 2005 • 1588 Posts

Its "cool" to not like Halo today.

I find that most people who don't like it have not played everything it has to offer.

If they have and they still don't well fine.

Some of best gaming moments were in Halo 2 and Halo for pc online. Halo 3 will be the same.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

After reading all the replies, I think I can come up with a few answers, that go hand-in-hand with some of my concerns regarding Halo 3. Before I continue, I will say I DO consider myself a BIG HALO FAN.

The original was one of my all-time favorite games.

Here are reasons why some people may dislike the Halo series:

1). Halo 2 offered very little (even in sequel terms) of gameplay innovation. A few new guns, dual-wielding, andslightly enhanced graphics. The campaign was short, and even with the twists, was ultimately disappointing to some (including myself). Even Bungie admits the storyline was blah. Then we come to Halo 2's saving grace... or perhaps not...

2). Online. Incredible online play, and options. Innovative and exciting in many ways. That is... until XBox Live's childish, homophobic, potty-mouthed pre-pubescents ruined it for almost everyone. Online console gameplay has long been plagued by idiots. So much so, that respectful, game-appreciative players like myself have pretty much avoided it all together. The few online games with low concentrations of idiots are kept as close-to-the-chest secrets by mature players looking for solace. So much so, that I won't even mention 1 here. Halo 3, being even more hyped, is absolutely bound to be plagued by the same problem. There's little anyone (Microsoft) can do, besides cleaning house and screening players, which will never happen.

3). Madden syndrome. Halo 3 looks real good. I will buy it, and I am sure enjoy it, play the hell out of it. But I'm not as pumped as I was before I found out more about the game content. God, %95 OF THE WEAPONS ARE THE SAME?! That is a fundemental part of excitement in any shooter. Weapon innovation, gameplay innovation. I honestly don't feel like blasting anyone else with a Marine shotgun, pistol, or assault rifle. And if I get another Covenant Carbine near my respawn, I'll throw up. I-N-N-O-V-A-T-E. I feel like each new Halo is just enough to pacify players into buying a sequel. A new coat of paint (sorry, the graphics don't look up to Gear of War or Bioshock standards, people), a few new killer playmodes, and some new story developments. Remind anyone of another franchise that got pretty milked over the years?

4). Genre-changing games like Bioshock. Bioshock could be Halo 3's worst nightmare. While Bungie continues to slap high-polish on their game engines and serve up 3 new weapons every 3 years to players, 2K's Bioshock absolutely shook the videogame world to it's core with blazing innovation and jaw-dropping production values. Widely acknowledged as being one of the best games ever made, this genre defining monolith casts a HUGE shadow over all games out on the Xbox 360, and games for many, many months to come. If you can still look at your other games without comparing them to Bioshock, you're either too naive or too young to appreciate the scope of the achievement.

Just my opinion. :)

atreyu27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 atreyu27
Member since 2006 • 1443 Posts

The one reason I don't really like Halo is because I used to play PC games all the time, and it seems like a complete rip-off of Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena gameplay. It seems like the only people who really really like Halo were people who never played PC games in their lives. Halo doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre.NineDaysWonder

That is false. I know a lot of people who used to play PC FPS and when they played Halo it was completely different and they preferred it over the PC games. Including me.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#63 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
I'll buy Halo 3 because halo is fun. Halo haters won't buy it because its not fun for them. Its what we call opinions.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
I think Halo is boring. I'm not anti-Halo, but the series does nothing for me. Not even a flutter in my pants.
neneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 neneman
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

there just jealous cuz they dont have a 360 4 those how do but still hate are jealous cuz they cant by it and 4 those who have a 360 and can buy it and still hate it r

retartedd

bass_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bass_11
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
same reason people buy macs- to be different.
rwrden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rwrden
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts
in my experiences with the previous halos, it's not THAT great, good, but not great.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
The same reason why people hate Gears of War or any other popular game.  People want to be individuals.  They feel like they are robbed of that individuality if they like something that everyone else seems to like, so they do the extreme opposite and hate on it.  

Personally, if you like the game then play it.  If you don't like it, don't play it.  I personally don't like Halo very much, but I try not to hate on things just because I don't like it.  I may rephrase that.  I have no feelings whatsoever for the game.  Good or bad.  I'm impartial to it.
Hell_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 Hell_Dude
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
They are stupid. I can see why people don't like stuff but hate...
skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Why do so many people hate on Halo? Dont they have a life? Well your thoughts? Its just a game but a very good gameDilan120

Wow what a topic so people that dont like halo have no life, not saying trying to abuse but you saying this means that you have no life, some people just dont like the franchise i mean if halo came out when R6V did then i probly wouldnt not buy it, i mean i came from sony and then i found the the greatnes in the 360 so i dont know much about halo yet i still bough it and got my but whooped in multiplayer, but not everyone likes all games, I hate RTS some love them, thats how it is. and im sorry but there are so many games and halo is not the best of all, it all the same thing run and gun over and oover and over again. not much strategy involved.

SkillzBeenMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SkillzBeenMad
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
im not anti-halo myself but i loved halo 2...but after the halo 3 beta i will not be getting halo 3....i wasnt really into it
mikeyboy75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mikeyboy75
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts

Halo is popular and thus, will always have more haters than most games. Thats life. Some people already Hate Halo3 and guess what, they havent played it yet.

Tells you a lot about what kind of people they are.