Xbox Live Rewards program launches

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuiCkz_Alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 QuiCkz_Alex
Member since 2010 • 842 Posts

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9702/xblrewards121.jpg

The "Xbox Live Rewards" program tested over a year ago is now a real thing. The website for the US/UK-only loyalty program is now live, and you can sign up and check out the rewards.

It's kind of like Club Nintendo, except instead of fans and tote bags, you get Microsoft Points and Microsoft Points. The bonuses range from 10 MSP for renewing a one-month membership, all the way to 400 for buying or renewing a family plan. You can also get 100 points for activating Netflix, unspecified bonuses for buying certain things on Marketplace, and an occasional 20 points for taking surveys. Microsoft also promises "cool prizes" in promotions.

As Club Nintendo users know, there is basically no downside to a loyalty program like this. You do the stuff you were going to do anyway, and then someone gives you free stuff periodically.

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
Nice find, about time they did something like this. All they need now is to offer rewards for gamerscore too.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
That's good. I'll join it
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

All they need now is to offer rewards for gamerscore too.firebolt53

Nope, they never need to do that

As far as the rewards program it was leaked last night and that's why we're seeing it today. Overall it's a good incentive for new users because they're the most important and then they'll start adding things for the users who have been here longer

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

Thank you Microsoft!

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

This is quite exciting. Didn't know it was actually coming, but I just signed up for the Rewards program today! Sweet!

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
This is worthy of a sticky for now. I was actually surprised when I read about this earlier today on another site and signed up immediately.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Great news! :D

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I signed up, but most of this won't even apply to me. Just last month i bought a year worth of Gold so thats no good for me. Also ive already got a netflix account so again no good. Buying content to earn points probably means items not on sale, so you would spend more doing this than waiting for the item to be on sale or a deal of the week. Only thing i could see working for me is getting 100 points for a purchase and the 20 per month but thats only 340 points over a twelve month period.

Call me Negative Nancy :P

Avatar image for SoftAsBaboonAss
SoftAsBaboonAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SoftAsBaboonAss
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

The rewards are pretty cheap.... well at least there IS a reward of some sort....

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

I signed up, but most of this won't even apply to me. Just last month i bought a year worth of Gold so thats no good for me. Also ive already got a netflix account so again no good. Buying content to earn points probably means items not on sale, so you would spend more doing this than waiting for the item to be on sale or a deal of the week. Only thing i could see working for me is getting 100 points for a purchase and the 20 per month but thats only 340 points over a twelve month period.

Call me Negative Nancy :P

jjivey

lol, thanks Nancy.

You do have an excellent point though, and I have also already signed up for it but I don't expect to see much benefit from it either unless they give us a bit larger bonus for buying content. My golds already good for a year and I don't think I'll be using netflix anytime soon, but I do purchase quite a few arcade games and dlc for the games I own. At the end of the day its still nice to have a rewards program as oppose to not having one but I hope they will do a bit more to benefit the other gamers like us.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

At least they offer rewards. It's better than nothing. Sounds cool though! :D

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

This is surprising. :D

So I get rewards for any achievement that I win? Thank you bro! This is amazing!!!! I was waiting for something like this to happen. Thank you jesus!:)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

So I get rewards for any achievement that I win? Thank you bro! This is amazing!!!! I was waiting for something like this to happen. Thank you jesus!:)

Stevo7991

No, it doesn't mean that at all

There should never be a reward for gamerscore ever

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo7991

[QUOTE="Stevo7991"]

Jaysonguy

Then how do you explain the URL?...
Avatar image for WreckinMachineX
WreckinMachineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckinMachineX
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
All this came suddenly. I never even knew they were working on something like this. Hope it's awesome.
Plasma-Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Plasma-Dog
Member since 2008 • 390 Posts
love it and in perfect timing i need to renew my 1 year subscription!!!
Hepemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Hepemania
Member since 2010 • 517 Posts

Sounds awesome :P

DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts

Do I only receive the rewards for renewing if I use a credit card or do prepaid cards count as well?

LionsBridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LionsBridge
Member since 2010 • 122 Posts
So I spend 200 bucks and get 5 back? BRILLIANT!
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

finally, i really need it to buy Batman Arkham Asylum DLC :D

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Stevo7991"]

Stevo7991

Then how do you explain the URL?...

Do you mean the website linked in the opening post that says nothing about achievements at all?

Or are you thinking of another address?

Avatar image for WreckinMachineX
WreckinMachineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WreckinMachineX
The only thing I don't understand is why they are not advertising it better. I went on xbox.com last night and looked on the dashboard and their was no mention of a rewards program. I have to google xbox rewards before I can find the page and sign up for it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jaysonguy

The only thing I don't understand is why they are not advertising it better. I went on xbox.com last night and looked on the dashboard and their was no mention of a rewards program. I have to google xbox rewards before I can find the page and sign up for it.WreckinMachineX

It started early because it was leaked

By this morning it's on the dash and it's on the site.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i signed up did a survey and it said 20 points but where are my points

and netflix im a member and dont get points

ms i want my 100 points for being a member of netflix since last years update

not for finally signing up

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy

ms i want my 100 points for being a member of netflix since last years update

not for finally signing up

redskins26rocs

Things don't work like that anywhere

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Hopefully they will email you the points instead of updating it onto your account.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

So I spend 200 bucks and get 5 back? BRILLIANT!LionsBridge

It's free to sign up to and it's no hassle for earning extra points, you know, they don't HAVE to run this. Really, some people, if you were given £1,000,000,I bet you'd grumble because it would fit inside your wallet!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have already been using netflix on my xbox for awhile. Is there anyway I can redo it so I get teh bonus points for using it?
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stevo7991

This is amazing, I can get MS points to buy what I want. :D

gaming4us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gaming4us
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
I guess people living in Canada are screwed over
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Do I only receive the rewards for renewing if I use a credit card or do prepaid cards count as well?

DeadApeBladder
No one has an answer to this? I just bought a year off of Amazon and I was wondering if I would be getting points.
Lomous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lomous

Its not open to non UK and USA ppl right ?

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
So, I bought a family membership today, and there's a promo right now where you get 1000ms points for free. Do I also qualify for the 400 points for buying a family membership? @redskins26rocs: where did you find the survey to complete? Was it send to your live account? I haven't seen any yet.
starwa1ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 starwa1ker
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts
I'm happy about the program, but I just got family gold membership last week and bought a bunch of stuff off the marketplace. I guess I won't get credit for that... Bad timing, Microsoft...
brandon2802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 brandon2802
Member since 2004 • 1773 Posts
Hopefully they add a bonus or something for being a member already and signed up for all the stuff on there like Netflix. Just a little something for long time members would be nice.
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cain19822004
[QUOTE="i_noseworthy"]So, I bought a family membership today, and there's a promo right now where you get 1000ms points for free. Do I also qualify for the 400 points for buying a family membership? @redskins26rocs: where did you find the survey to complete? Was it send to your live account? I haven't seen any yet.

The survey is on the Rewards site itself, sign back in and you'll have the option to take a survey.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
[QUOTE="cain19822004"][QUOTE="i_noseworthy"]So, I bought a family membership today, and there's a promo right now where you get 1000ms points for free. Do I also qualify for the 400 points for buying a family membership? @redskins26rocs: where did you find the survey to complete? Was it send to your live account? I haven't seen any yet.

The survey is on the Rewards site itself, sign back in and you'll have the option to take a survey.

did you get the points for completing the survey
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cain19822004

Not yet, no, it does say allow up to 96 hours for it to be added to the pending que, and then you get your pending points once a month.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Yeah...I'm not liking it one little bit.
Its not retroactive yet in anyway and doesn't look like it ever will be. it seems to just be a new user grab by Microsoft.

I've been on xbox live since 2002, and I have my account paid up till 2013 and I'm pretty much treated as a 2nd hand citizen when it comes to the rewards program...Microsoft is more interested in getting the quick buck then making their longest and most loyal users happy it seems, then you have the whole netflix thing which isn't retroactive either I've used netflix on my 360 since it was released on the marketplace and its only for new netflix users? WHAT?!! *shakes head*

For a long time now I have steered around the pile that Microsoft has been building and this is the last piece on that pile I think...I am seriously debating just taking the 150 dollar hit selling my 3 360's and my 360 games and instead of steering around that Pile which is now too large to steer around and just going the other way..First its the next to no first party, then its the motion sensing which I detest and which seems to be the only thing Microsoft is concentrating on, then its a rewards program that out of the game and which was in beta for nearly 8 months doesn't support or give anything to its longest and most loyal members.

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i_noseworthy
@WilliamLRBaker: Nothing is ever retroactive with signup bonuses. Not just with MS, it happens all the time with cable companies, phone companies, etc. It's always new users that get the benefits, while old users get the shaft. While I don't agree with the practice, it does make sense as a business model. You're already a paying member of Gold Live. No need to entice you any longer. The bonuses are used to grow the user base. So while I understand WHY they do it, it's still unfair to loyal customers. On another topic, found out why I couldn't locate the survey. The rewards don't exist for Canadian users. Oh, they'll let you sign up for the program, and even give you a rewards page. Why? Seems like they think it's a privilege for Cdn. users to see a perpetual "0 reward points earned". Jerks.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="i_noseworthy"]@WilliamLRBaker: Nothing is ever retroactive with signup bonuses. Not just with MS, it happens all the time with cable companies, phone companies, etc. It's always new users that get the benefits, while old users get the shaft. While I don't agree with the practice, it does make sense as a business model. You're already a paying member of Gold Live. No need to entice you any longer. The bonuses are used to grow the user base. So while I understand WHY they do it, it's still unfair to loyal customers. On another topic, found out why I couldn't locate the survey. The rewards don't exist for Canadian users. Oh, they'll let you sign up for the program, and even give you a rewards page. Why? Seems like they think it's a privilege for Cdn. users to see a perpetual "0 reward points earned". Jerks.

The reward program is not a sign up bonus. and most of the time you can complain and get sign up bonus prices. the majority of sign up bonsues are if you sign a contract for 1 or 2 years. So I just have to disagree and don't see the similarity between signup bonuses and a reward program that doesn't benefit at all and likely never will their loyal customers.
cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cain19822004

Yeah...I'm not liking it one little bit.
Its not retroactive yet in anyway and doesn't look like it ever will be. it seems to just be a new user grab by Microsoft.

I've been on xbox live since 2002, and I have my account paid up till 2013 and I'm pretty much treated as a 2nd hand citizen when it comes to the rewards program...Microsoft is more interested in getting the quick buck then making their longest and most loyal users happy it seems, then you have the whole netflix thing which isn't retroactive either I've used netflix on my 360 since it was released on the marketplace and its only for new netflix users? WHAT?!! *shakes head*

For a long time now I have steered around the pile that Microsoft has been building and this is the last piece on that pile I think...I am seriously debating just taking the 150 dollar hit selling my 3 360's and my 360 games and instead of steering around that Pile which is now too large to steer around and just going the other way..First its the next to no first party, then its the motion sensing which I detest and which seems to be the only thing Microsoft is concentrating on, then its a rewards program that out of the game and which was in beta for nearly 8 months doesn't support or give anything to its longest and most loyal members.

WilliamRLBaker

Well then, if you don't like it, don't stay with it, nobody is telling you, or even asking you to stay.

@WilliamLRBaker: Nothing is ever retroactive with signup bonuses. Not just with MS, it happens all the time with cable companies, phone companies, etc. It's always new users that get the benefits, while old users get the shaft. While I don't agree with the practice, it does make sense as a business model. You're already a paying member of Gold Live. No need to entice you any longer. The bonuses are used to grow the user base. So while I understand WHY they do it, it's still unfair to loyal customers. On another topic, found out why I couldn't locate the survey. The rewards don't exist for Canadian users. Oh, they'll let you sign up for the program, and even give you a rewards page. Why? Seems like they think it's a privilege for Cdn. users to see a perpetual "0 reward points earned". Jerks.i_noseworthy

It says in the press release that it's US and UK only, why, I don't know, but they said it from the beginning

MrMe1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MrMe1000
Member since 2007 • 2215 Posts

I have a problem with this can anyone help me with it? When I sign in to the website it shows an old gamer pic from about 6 months ago. When on xbox.com it shows my current pic. Finally when I try to sign up for the rewards program it gives an error message and yes I do live in the U.S.

MasterBolt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 MasterBolt360
Member since 2009 • 5293 Posts

Kinda sucks though, considering I already started Netflix, and I've already bought things from the Marketplace.

Doesn't that make me more loyal? Where's my prize?

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 i_noseworthy
It says in the press release that it's US and UK only, why, I don't know, but they said it from the beginningcain19822004
Didn't read the press release unfortunately. Just heard here on the forums that it existed, and signed up right away. Guess I should learn to read the fine print ;)
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

Anyone got anypoints for activating netflix yet?

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cain19822004

Nobody will get any points for anything for around 3-4 weeks, be patient. :)

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

well....pleasent surprise in my e-mail moments ago. (sorta)

took MS 32 days to honor my Bing rewards order.

I imagine these types of things will happen with XBL rewards as well....

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Not as bad as I thought it would be.