xbox live - do i really have to pay to play!?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blankhorizons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 blankhorizons
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts
Yes, you need to pay. That's one of the reasons I've been waiting to get a 360 :/
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#152 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

[QUOTE="sourcerah"] if you work, no, $50 may not be that much. But when the competitors gives theirs away for free, not to mention that they have wifi built in, it seems a bit ridiculous. But seriously, how are you defending paying $50?I really can't understand how you people defend paying a fee. A fee that the competition doesn't have to pay. Everybody always talks about all the extras that comes with xbox live, but what if you don't want all that b.s... A lot of people just want to have the ability to play against/with other people online. THAT"S IT! No netflix or corny segments with Major Nelson. I'll admit I do like the demo's, but silver members only have to wait a week more to play. Is that supposed to be an incentive for gold members? It's sooo obvious some of you people have money to spend and throw away since your defending paying a fee that enables access to to play game that you already paid for on a system that you already paid for using internet access you already are paying for. I bet most of you never struggled a day in your life. Then what about the lag? Also, can someone explain exactly what they do with the $50 since it's obvious it's not used to fix the servers.savagetwinkie

Look it's really very simple - you don't want to pay the fee then don't play online. If you do want to play online, pay the fee and quit moaning about it.

Xbox Live offers abetter service than either PSN or Wii online, and MS decided to charge for it. No amount of moaning or putting "Make Xbox Live free" in your motto will make any difference. Anyway if you live in the US be grateful that you already pay less for Live than any other country.

For the original poster - you don't have to buy a full year of Live. If you only want to play online occasionally you can buy it 1 month at a time, or 3 month cards from stores. They cost a bit more per month than buying a 12 month card, but if you aren't going to use it much, it could work out better for you. If you look on ebay you can find people that email the codes and you can get your year for under 30 quid.

as cheap as it is, with a ps3 sitting next to my 360, i just don't see a need to pay for it any more...

What's funny is, exact opposite for me. With a PS3 sitting next to my 360 I really do see a need to pay for Xbox Live.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#153 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Yes, you need to pay. That's one of the reasons I've been waiting to get a 360 :/blankhorizons
you're going to be waiting a long long time then, xbox live wont ever be free (YAY!)

oscar_mateo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 oscar_mateo
Member since 2008 • 692 Posts

It's not that expensive and it sure beats playing by yourself.

GiveMeIce
In my country is really expensive.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

[QUOTE="blankhorizons"]Yes, you need to pay. That's one of the reasons I've been waiting to get a 360 :/chaoscougar1

you're going to be waiting a long long time then, xbox live wont ever be free (YAY!)

If everyone stopped renewing xbox live it would become free eventually, when they stop making money. Since I got my new gaming PC, Xbox live is nowhere near worth it. I can get a new PC game with that $50. Microsoft is a brilliant company for charging people, it has made them millions of dollars. I payed $300 for you system, why the hell am I being charged to use MY internet connection? And believe me, I've played PSN and have never lagged, I hate people who say Xbox live is better than PSN, because in reality, it's not.
Jaidyn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Jaidyn1
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

No pay, no play. nothin is for free!

gamesock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 gamesock
Member since 2009 • 507 Posts

Yes because the live is where you start being cheap, just pay for 12 months + 1 free month, then pay again

13 months is a very long time, so just get it...dont be cheap

RimeSoldier
I agree. $50 for a year and one month is not a rip off at all, it's actually a pretty good deal and it's not that expensive.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#158 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="blankhorizons"]Yes, you need to pay. That's one of the reasons I've been waiting to get a 360 :/SF_KiLLaMaN

If everyone stopped renewing xbox live it would become free eventually, when they stop making money. Since I got my new gaming PC, Xbox live is nowhere near worth it. I can get a new PC game with that $50. Microsoft is a brilliant company for charging people, it has made them millions of dollars. I payed $300 for you system, why the hell am I being charged to use MY internet connection? And believe me, I've played PSN and have never lagged, I hate people who say Xbox live is better than PSN, because in reality, it's not.

thats because the devs are fitting the bill for the consumers, and when people say live is better than PSN its not generally the lag, its the community and features
t_hawkins413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 t_hawkins413
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

just keep creating new windows live id's. you get a free month when you play on a new one.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

It seems that every time my gold membership is about to expire, a cool new game comes out...

So then I have to decide to buy another year of XBL or get the cool game but not be able to play with people.

It gets annoying sometimes, especially when I only have enough money to get one thing.

jteeuwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 jteeuwen
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

It is pretty gay that you have to pay to play but its not really that expensive and it goes twards making xbox better! so overall i dont mind. jus drop a 50 and dont worry about sh*t for a whole year.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#162 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Actually if you look online you can get 13 months for about 30-35$ which really isn't all that expensive. HOWEVER, tc, with your condition (being married, not enough time to play, having other consoles) I really don't think it's that necessary. If there's specific games you want to play that are only on the 360 then you'll have to just deal with it and buy Live, but if you have a PS3 sitting there with perfectly good games then I wouldn't suggest it.
WeaponXY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 WeaponXY
Member since 2009 • 1280 Posts

I don't mind paying, I love Xbox Live and all the games.

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

You can find subscription cards for cheaper prices on ebay. Anyway, it's worth it.