Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

So today I am left out of the free Windows 10 upgrade(damn it!) because I have a very old PC that is barely functional. I don't know when I will get a new PC, but as an Xbox One owner and someone who uses Smartglass almost daily, I am curious to know how the new Xbox app compares to Smartglass.

Many features appear similar, such as the ability to view friends and activity feeds.....but others are new, such as the ability to join a party directly from your PC. Those who have had enough time with both, please share your thoughts....thanks in advance!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alucard_Prime

Well, IGN claims it is far better than Smartglass......they dub it as " An Xbox gamer's new best friend" ....quote from their impressions:

"Instead, I've more strongly noticed how much nicer the Xbox app makes the Xbox One experience. I still prefer to launch games and apps directly on my console, but when I want to look at a game's info page, investigate a friend's profile, start a party, peruse my Achievements, change channels in OneGuide, sort through my DVR clips, and perform other secondary functions, it's so much easier to do it on my PC. With the added bonus of being able to stream from my Xbox One to my PC, I don't think I would ever do without this app going forward. (Unless the Xbox One's transition from being Windows 8-based to being Windows 10-based results in dramatic changes to its UI.)"

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/29/hands-on-with-windows-10s-xbox-app?%20hub%20page%20One&utm_content=1

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

It's pretty nice but I wouldn't worry too much about missing out since the X1 is getting a ui update as well

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alucard_Prime

@oflow: I was thinking about that as well, it seems like the new XOne interface will be very similar in design/speed, etc to how the new Xbox app appears to be. Thanks for your feedback

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: dunno if your are in the Xbox preview program but if you aren't i can send you an invite just pm your gamertag. You will at least get access to the new ui before it launches that way

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alucard_Prime

@oflow: Thanks buddy but I've been in that program since its inception :)