Why the new update is terrible

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

I personally think that the new update is terrible.

Yeah, Xbox Originals, but for $15 a piece? Come on.

And there's a bunch of little stuff that the changed. Such as that silver members have to wait a week to get new content. That's just Microsoft being greedy and wanting them to upgrade to Gold.

And I just looked at the Music Videos to download, and yeah, there's a lot of good, new ones (Mudvayne, Michael Jackson, Seether, Korn, etc.), but now you have to PAY for all them.

WTF?

Anyone else think this update is overrated and cheap??

Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
One word: lag. Uber lag. One week isn't long. All serious gamers pay anyway so that is most of the Live community. Music videos are created for a purpose: To earn money. They are promotional items.
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
Well it's perks of actually paying for Live I guess. And at least Silver members still get them. If Microsoft wanted to be really greedy, they would have only let gold members download them.
MikeeV9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MikeeV9
Member since 2002 • 158 Posts
I love the new update!
Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

I can't stand this new update. I have a new 360 one month old and experienced my first game freeze last night when I was playing f.e.a.r online and I blame it on the update. why? cause when I turned off my 360 after the thing froze I turn it back on and it's loading the damn dashboard page and takes a damn long time doing it. I go to other pages on the dashboard and there it goes again loading up the damn page for 5 minutes. wtf? anyone else experiencing this bull? maybe it's not the update though cause I played cod4 online last night for 3 hours or so with no problems. But what the hell is up with the loading of the damn dashboard. Takes forever sometimes.

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts
love the update
IAvDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IAvDI
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

And there's a bunch of little stuff that the changed. Such as that silver members have to wait a week to get new content. That's just Microsoft being greedy and wanting them to upgrade to Gold.

And I just looked at the Music Videos to download, and yeah, there's a lot of good, new ones (Mudvayne, Michael Jackson, Seether, Korn, etc.), but now you have to PAY for all them.

WTF?

XFilthX

$15 is a very reasonable price for the old Xbox games, 1 week is a very short amount of time for non paying customers to receive an update, its very hard to find somewhere that offers video downloads for free... so you are very wrong.

DragoDracini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragoDracini
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts
The update is terrible because there wasn't enough testing done to find out if it would kill consoles. Which it has, mine included.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
The new update is better then nothing, why complain?
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Besides CoD4 being unplayable yesterday one thing sticks out in my mind as to why it sucks. When I am in the dashboard changing blades and it actually has to have a load icon pop up to load the next blade.
heydawg321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 heydawg321
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

I can't stand this new update. I have a new 360 one month old and experienced my first game freeze last night when I was playing f.e.a.r online and I blame it on the update. why? cause when I turned off my 360 after the thing froze I turn it back on and it's loading the damn dashboard page and takes a damn long time doing it. I go to other pages on the dashboard and there it goes again loading up the damn page for 5 minutes. wtf? anyone else experiencing this bull? maybe it's not the update though cause I played cod4 online last night for 3 hours or so with no problems. But what the hell is up with the loading of the damn dashboard. Takes forever sometimes.

Dabbagins
That is your 360 telling you to not play F.E.A.R online. Seriously though, how hard is it for them to add private chat for groups? I like to play online and to only talk to my friends, you can only do it with one person ATM. People have wanted this for awhile, I can't understand why it isn't happening.
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
I'm liking the update.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
Its not being greedy , its marketing. Take Economics. Anyways i have experienced no problems.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

The new update is better then nothing, why complain?RamboSymbiot

Other than AVI/DivX support this update added literally nothing else people asked for. They just slapped a bunch of random things together so nothing would have been better then we wouldn't have known the difference.

philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts
[QUOTE="XFilthX"]

WTF?

IAvDI

$15 is a very reasonable price for the old Xbox games, 1 week is a very short amount of time for non paying customers to receive an update, its very hard to find somewhere that offers video downloads for free... so you are very wrong.

$15 is a rip, i can easily go around and game xbox 1 games for $5-$10 and then i actually have the disc and don't have to waste HD space

Avatar image for dbzultimate3134
dbzultimate3134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 dbzultimate3134
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
the new update isawesome if u dont lyk the choice of getn xbox original games well ur an ediot, there not makin u buy them so dont complain geeez. i personally love the new update everything looks heaps beta and i like the new bio thingy which is jus lyk a motto but u can write heaps more funny stuff hehehe
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

[QUOTE="RamboSymbiot"]The new update is better then nothing, why complain?Ket87

Other than AVI/DivX support this update added literally nothing else people asked for. They just slapped a bunch of random things together so nothing would have been better then we wouldn't have known the difference.

Its still better then nothing;)

yucky_straw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yucky_straw
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I like the new profile features they added like location and bio. But they need to patch the lag in this update. This is something that can easily and quickly be fixed. So I don't think it's fair to say the update sucks until they have it working right.
lil_flint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lil_flint
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts
The new update is flippin awesome
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
divx and xvid freezes my 360. so this update added nothing. only thing microsoft does is find easier ways to empty your wallet. Btw if I change my live ID why does my Credit card info go with it!?! I've been trying to remove my credit card from my account for a while! why do themes and avatars cost money? themes and wallpapers are free on the ps3
Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sn0wOn420
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

The new update is flippin awesomelil_flint

No It's Not

sonynhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 sonynhater
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts
i dont know what your complianing about. i think it adds alot to the system =)
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I love the update...especially now that you can change your email address for messenger.
KiwiforBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KiwiforBrain
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
Just updated my 360. It died after the update.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
[QUOTE="XFilthX"]

WTF?

IAvDI

Those games (or most of them) are less then 15$ at used game stores and online. Now silver members have to wait (I don't remember waiting on PC for the past 5 years) for demos which is pretty insulting since it isn't saving MS any money. MS is still endorsing the micro transaction model even for those of us who pay our fifty dollars a year for a P2P service. MS needs to get competive and either drop the Gold Membership or give us (the Gold Members) all of the downloadable content free after a few months of release like what they did on the original xbox.

donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
There isn't a store in my town that sells a few of the xbox originals, so it is awesome to have the option (though it isn't like Bill Gates is standing behind you with a gun to your head making you buy them).
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

The new update doesn't affect me at all.

I use my Xbox 360 for playing games...

1) I can still play games.

So uhh... yep. I didn't even know there was a new update...

Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts
[QUOTE="Dabbagins"]

Sn0wOn420

yea dude same sh!t happened to me , i thought i was gonna throw my 360 out of the **** window

Ya don't wanna throw your 360 out the window. I threw my computer out the window once and that's cause I was drunk and pist. It wasn't pretty. Could have killed someone downstairs if it hit them.

Heydawg your right it might be the f.e.a.r game after all cause you know what you caught me it froze on me like 3 times before the update and it might be my 360 telling me not to play the game cause it's laggy and old but still a great game to play online specially if your going for the achievements.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

I have heard of many people who have had their 360 bricked after the update...

So I guess that changes my opinion from "indifferent" to "stupid decision".

plattso123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 plattso123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Well... the new update... its just too lageed up...

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

I have heard of many people who have had their 360 bricked after the update...

So I guess that changes my opinion from "indifferent" to "stupid decision".

Fredrick2003x

360s die all the time. I could easily say Forza 2 killed my 360....

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
XBOX Originals and other stuff is all extra, the update is really just an 'update' to improve upon the features we have as well the ones we are screaming for. So yes, we finally got support for more formats, and now theyve added hooks for extra downloadable stuff, but at the same time, we REALLY want an Internet Browser, i mean even the Wii has one, how hard is it to degrade IE for the 360?
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

WTF?

XFilthX

I'm glad silver members have to wait but I wish they had to wait longer like at least 2 weeks. Microsoft needs to put an emphasis on their paying subscribers and provide them with more then the freebie silver member accounts. As for music videos, I don't know what your complaining about there, you have to pay for music everywhere why should it be any different here?

The only thing I am upset about with the update is how the marketplace is a little slow (but that is due to the amount of downloads of the MS servers most likely with the update) and also the fact that Canadians do not have the Inside Xbox tool

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

Being a person who actually liked the fall update, I feel outnumbered here, but oddly, the part I liked the most was the improved dashboard performance. My dashboard now works very quickly, which is good, because it used to annoy the hell out of me.

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

Being a person who actually liked the fall update, I feel outnumbered here, but oddly, the part I liked the most was the improved dashboard performance. My dashboard now works very quickly, which is good, because it used to annoy the hell out of me.

KodiakGTS
I love it too, but the performance is meaningless at best, its still slow in-game.
Bungholio55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Bungholio55
Member since 2006 • 618 Posts
I froze once last night and dashbaord was slow yesterday (Today it is fine) but other than that I like the new update. I'm not gonna get originals but I like the Bio thing.
wingman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 wingman15
Member since 2004 • 2706 Posts

XFilthX

This is nothing new. Thats the way it has been. You are just perhaps realizing it now.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

i dont like the new update either

OH, and does it take anyone else noticeably longer to load the dashboard?

devil_1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 devil_1994
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts
pretty good update actually
slintpong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slintpong
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
I hate the update! Now you can't do that trick to reduce the speed of the dvd-drive =(
SnoopRatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SnoopRatt
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
this update is garbage.me and my friends xbox freezes once an hour at the most sometimes every 15 mins. Way to much lag also. My next door neighboors xbox live account broke from the update, Microsoft gave him two years free of xbox live gold, and 10000 microsoft points, so microsoft knows the update is screwing people.
Snowpeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snowpeas
Member since 2003 • 647 Posts
[QUOTE="XFilthX"]

WTF?

APOLLOCJD

I'm glad silver members have to wait but I wish they had to wait longer like at least 2 weeks. Microsoft needs to put an emphasis on their paying subscribers and provide them with more then the freebie silver member accounts. As for music videos, I don't know what your complaining about there, you have to pay for music everywhere why should it be any different here?

The only thing I am upset about with the update is how the marketplace is a little slow (but that is due to the amount of downloads of the MS servers most likely with the update) and also the fact that Canadians do not have the Inside Xbox tool

I think that microsoft isn't really thinking about the services that they are providing. Have to pay for music videos??? Music videos are used as promotions: To introduce potential cd buyers the music of the band/singer. Therefore i don't see why you have to pay for it. Also, any videos download can only be viewed/used on the xbox360, i won't be able to view it on a computer. Since xbox360's intended life will never last longer than a PC, there is not much value. Since most owners of xbox360 are hardcore gamers as opposed to Wii, most will be spending their money on games, not on music videos. ANyways MVs can be very easily found on the net and readily available, espcieally on youtube so i don't foresee a high sales of mv in the marketplace.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
The new update owns everything in the face.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Auto-sign in for wireless users = win
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

Xbox Live was down yesterday for a bit, that's why logging on was way to difficult and the dashboard was slow. My 360 froze a lot too, but I'm not sure if the update had anything to do with that. The guide button, and theoptions in it, load and respondway faster. You guys may have not noticed it but it does. But i didn't need anything else really. PArty Chat and clansare all I've wanted since it came out. Overall, nothing I ever got excited about.

Do they have spring updates?

Uchiha_madara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Uchiha_madara
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
only thing cool is divx update.. everything else is just basicly same.. and it is a pai coz everything loads for long time compare to no lagg
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts

the new update isawesome if u dont lyk the choice of getn xbox original games well ur an ediot, there not makin u buy them so dont complain geeez. i personally love the new update everything looks heaps beta and i like the new bio thingy which is jus lyk a motto but u can write heaps more funny stuff hehehedbzultimate3134

HUH?!?!?!?

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Auto-sign in for wireless users = winlimpbizkit818

ha i was about to mention that, and yes, very convenient for us wireless users ^_^

anyways, the pricing on the XO's bein 15 bucks is somewhat expected seeing that you are paying for the convenience of not having to change the disc every time you wanna play original xbgox game, now you just push A and it loads up, you done with halo? well go to the dashboard and just select Fable or the 360 game that's in the disc tray, all without havin to get up from your couch. that's what you are paying extra for. kinda like laptops having equal specs of a desktop yet the laptop is higher in price...convenience people...

as for the update itself, i like it, the dashboard comes up faster, which was needed, and now there is a news feed of when something somewhat important (like the downloadable halo theme song for FREE on GH3) and stuff. sucks for those who are freezing.