Why do people hate GTA 4

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sandspectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 sandspectre
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts
If you want good reasons why I dislike GTA IV, and basically all the GTAs. Basically I will never get used to their kind of gameplay, it's just that it's not realistic enough. For example: I hate the fact that you can carry 9 weapons with you (interdimesional pockets, Felix The Cat's magic bag). Also, because I'm a fan of Mafia series. I'm sure that Mafia II will kick the sh!t out of GTA IV when it comes out, provide it will follow the same line as Mafia I. I know that Mafia I is a 2002 game, but it still kicks ass.
DecimusKrieg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 DecimusKrieg
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think all the criticisms of GTA4 being 'serious' are a little absurd. It just became more adult. It assumed the player to be more mature than previous games, and not just based around mindless rampage (although that option is always there), and the humour is still there, it's just not as blatant. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored all the previous GTAs, it's just that I do feel that GTA4 was a step forward, and that hopefully we'll have a similar GTA, which will be the SA, to this, the new GTA3 (i.e. more options, customisation etc.). Also, the DLC so far has been excellent, just working my way through TBOGT, and it's absolutely awesome, over the top, and just what critics of it's serious need to quash their doubts surrounding this excellent game.

DK.

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Opinions are all well and good, but it is a fact that the game is not a bad game. So who ever says it is, just wants attention.
opethpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 opethpwn
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts

Put simply - it was dull.