Who's Happy about what they're doing to Call Of Duty 5??

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

Does anyone like it that CoD5 is goin back to a WW2 setting?? Im not, im pissed.. I mean all of the other CoD games were like stepping stones to CoD4, but now they're going back?? I would think that they would recognize how amazing CoD4 did, and create another one, with a similar setting.. I was thinking maybe like a World War 3 or somethin.

PowerOfSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 PowerOfSoul
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
The change of developers pisses me off as well. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but these guys are idiots who obviously haven't come to the conclusion that this is one of the best games ever released.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

The change of developers pisses me off as well. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but these guys are idiots who obviously haven't come to the conclusion that this is one of the best games ever released.PowerOfSoul

Yeah, thats the worst part of it. Now we just gotta find out what they are putting Infinity Ward on and hype that game instead. I believe they have been placed on the next James Bond game, correct me if I'm wrong.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
If it's ww2 i wont buy it. Despise world war 2 games.
millencolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 millencolin
Member since 2003 • 227 Posts
Didn't enjoy COD 4 as much as I enjoyed 2. I'm not interested in any more Call of Duty games.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts

Link to where it was confirmed by the developers that its back in WW2

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Well it's being done by different developers. Number 6 will be good.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
Nobody understands that it is being made by Treyarch, not Infinity Ward, who made CoD 4 and 2.
Rat-Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Rat-Bastard
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
I never played a Call of Duty game until Modern Warfare was released. I absolutely loved it. It got things right on so many levels with the FPS genre, especially the multiplayer. If COD5 is going back to WWII I think they are making a big mistake that they will end up regretting.
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts
I liked CoD3. World war 2 games are the best. better than most modern games in my eyes. hell i even like cod3 better than 4.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

No one knows the setting for sure, they haven't really told us anything. But really why do u care? if Call of duty 4 is really as good as u seem to think, why do u give a dam about the next one? what more could that offer?

Condemning a game b4 u even know a tiny little piece about it just shows how far fanboyism is going, you don't care about the games anymore, u care about who makes it, this is ridiculous and the sooner you realize it the better.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I'm fine with ww2 shooters. I also heard it would take place in the Pacific theatre, so that's even better. I thought call of duty 3 was fine, so hopefully this will be just as good if not better. As good as COD4? I doubt it.
jiff_man12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jiff_man12
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

I haven't played a COD since the big red one, so i kinda dunno. The only reason i still like WW2 is because of Company of Heroes.

to millencolin and WMDFreeman99, ever notice that house and freeman look the same?

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
It doesnt really bother me, unless its back in europe
Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts
I am happy, and I will probably end up buying the game. Because unlike all the blind, bandwagoning CoD4 fanboys, I actually enjoyed every Call of Duty that I played (I didn't play the first one released for the console, though.)
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Uhm.. as far as the last press release goes there is no confirmation that the game is switching to WW2 or changing hands of developers.

Anything new out that disproves that? 'cause I'm curious as all hell.

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts

Uhm.. as far as the last press release goes there is no confirmation that the game is switching to WW2 or changing hands of developers.

Anything new out that disproves that? 'cause I'm curious as all hell.

kerrman

its already been confirmed that tryarch is developing COD5.. The setting is not been confirmed through

Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts

Does anyone like it that CoD5 is goin back to a WW2 setting?? Im not, im pissed.. I mean all of the other CoD games were like stepping stones to CoD4, but now they're going back?? I would think that they would recognize how amazing CoD4 did, and create another one, with a similar setting.. I was thinking maybe like a World War 3 or somethin.

soufan123

you are wrong. i heard on g4tv that cod5 was going to be a new setting which means no ww2 or modern

thereject405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thereject405
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
stupid fux
sallyboy233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 sallyboy233
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts
the thing that pisses me off about call of duty 5 isnt the setting. Good gameplay is just that. what does piss me off tho is that infinity ward(who can probably still go back to ww2 if they wanted and still make it a blockbuster) isnt developing the game treyarch is, sane people that made cod3
opethpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 opethpwn
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts
AFAIK it's not going to be set in WW2.
-Tykster-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Tykster-
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

soufan123

I heard that cod5 is going to stay as a modern shooter. I dont know if its for sure but also if you search cod5 even here on gamespot.com, in the game description says Modern Combat, or something of that nature. I feel quite alone on this one but i kinda wish that cod5 will go back to a WWII shooter. I like cod4 dont get me wrong, in fact its my most played game at the moment, but i find that the action is way more intense in cod2 or cod3. Cod4 involves alot of camping in a corner with claymores rather than going into combat guns a blaze. HOWEVER, though the WWII games (in my opinion) were more action packed, they lacked some diversity. I love the perks and custom kits in cod4. If they could somehow incorporate that into a WWII shooter then that would be awesome. If its going to be the exact same as the other ones then i agree with most others, that they should just keep it modern. Though they were fun, modern could be funner if they optimize on making the battles more intense and happen more often. I cant remember the last time i got into a really sweet and intense gun fight. I usually walk in a room and hear that infamous clicking noise, my fun is over before i know it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts
Modern Warfare is the reason i got COD4
krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts
[QUOTE="soufan123"]

Enraged_Bannana

you are wrong. i heard on g4tv that cod5 was going to be a new setting which means no ww2 or modern

For the sake of all gamers .. i hope to god you are right about this.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

cod4 was called modern warfare but there was nothing modern about the gameplay ai still behaved as stupidly as in past cod game which fits more into the ww2 era of fighting. also theres nothing original or new about the story in cod4 there are like 20 games that came out the same year with practically the same story.

id prefer them to do something new something original, modern ww2 and futuristic shooters have all been done to death in my eyes. what about the most important war the American revolution or the civil war, those would be very interesting.

but between modern future and ww2 i prefer ww2 at least its historically accurate and the story isn't off the walls crazy, thats just my opinion.

kennykaos317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kennykaos317
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts
I'm not sure what the point of releasing a new COD is. Right now COD4 is so popular, it really doesn't make sense (as a player) to buy a new one. It's going to have to bring a lot to the table to persuade me to drop COD4.
-Tykster-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Tykster-

cod4 was called modern warfare but there was nothing modern about the gameplay ai still behaved as stupidly as in past cod game which fits more into the ww2 era of fighting. also theres nothing original or new about the story in cod4 there are like 20 games that came out the same year with practically the same story.

id prefer them to do something new something original, modern ww2 and futuristic shooters have all been done to death in my eyes. what about the most important war the American revolution or the civil war, those would be very interesting.

but between modern future and ww2 i prefer ww2 at least its historically accurate and the story isn't off the walls crazy, thats just my opinion.

clarkportmanken

Ya when i first started playing cod4 i felt like i was playing and older cod. once you unlock the mp44 there is nothing stopping you from thinking its still WWII. The environments look anything but modern. I guess because its not in the U.S or Canada but there is no reason why something set in the time period should look like something set in the 40's.

Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts

Treyarch + COD = Crap(for the most part)

The switching of Devs. after CoD4 is just another was to cash cow a series while people wait for the real follow up.

This was done with Splinter Cell. Both were Ubi Dev houses yes. But one was Ubi Montreal and the other way Ubi Shanghai.
We got Pandora Tomorrow from Shanghai, and the original and easily the best of the series, Chaos Theory, from the Montreal studio.

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
Are you sure Treyarch is the developer? Aren't they already filling their hands with the new Spider-Man game *and* the new James Bond game, due out this holiday season? I'm not sure they can cram another Call of Duty in their schedule while Infinity Ward doesn't seem to have any project in the works right now. Either way, I liked CoD and CoD 2 and I love the fourth one (haven't played the third one) but don't you think we should wait a bit before we actually see or hear the game in action? It sounds to me like your basing opinions off rumors while I don't think there's been any conformation on where the game will take place. Or did I miss something?
Splincir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Splincir
Member since 2002 • 5791 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/callofduty5/index.html

Look under the Game title at the top of the page.

Call of Duty 5

Activision Blizzard, Treyarch | TBA

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
"The publisher did not say if series creator Infinity Ward or Treyarch (Call of Duty 3, Spider-Man 3) was developing the project." From an article posted May 9th 2008. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/callofduty5/news.html?sid=6190641&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;3 And quite frankly, I haven't found them announced as the developer anywhere else. I might be wrong though since I haven't exactly checked into it :P
Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
Nope. Treyarch + WW2 setting = fail.
Mutalation10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mutalation10

I heard that Treyarch is developing the game and not Infinity Ward but I dont believe the setting has been confirmed yet.

dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
COD4:
Single player - good story, varied missions, good pace, unfair at veteran difficulty (I got the 1000 pts but it was HARD)
Multiplayer - modern weapons, customization, leveling system, fun challenges, no multiplayer achievements (smart move!)

This formula should not be hard to replicate. If they get this stuff right, COD5 should be a good game. If they can throw in a record feature for multiplayer, they should be golden.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

Call Of Duty 5: Veitnam

^^^^thats what i want

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
Didn't enjoy COD 4 as much as I enjoyed 2. I'm not interested in any more Call of Duty games.millencolin
Same here, I was such a big COD fan and I tried to enjoy number 4 but it doesn't have the appeal it did like in 1 and 2.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
The change of developers pisses me off as well. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but these guys are idiots who obviously haven't come to the conclusion that this is one of the best games ever released.PowerOfSoul
what he said, cod 4 was successfull by critics and sales, so why infinity ward let the cod series go to the other company and going a step back with ww2, its stupid.
Uma-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 Uma-Chan
Member since 2005 • 14901 Posts
Wow, that's lame. I'll still play the game, but I'll have a chip on my shoulder while I'm playing. :lol:
kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
because tryarch sucks
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
Theres already too many WW games as it is..they should have went farther into the future..something like what the battlefield games did and expand on it. I think that would have been awesome..make some futuristic weapons or something..not TOO out there like..plasma rifles and photo cannons not that kinda stuff..but just taking modern weapons and putting a more futuristic twist on them.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I'm on the fence. I really enjoyed all the Call of Duty games, but 4 is definitely better than all the rest. That being said, I'll probably buy Call of Duty 5.
AddictedToMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AddictedToMe
Member since 2003 • 2437 Posts
I heard COD5 was going to be in the year 3206 and apes have taken over the world.
PhantomPlayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PhantomPlayers
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts

soufan123

This is all just speculation. No one knows for sure about the setting. If you ask me, I just think its all hype for another amazing COD game. In my opinion, i think that it won't be WW2, but they are just saying that so it will create hype. Lol no one knows for sure except the guys making it haha.

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
I know 90% of the population does not know there was a war with the Japanese at the same time. The could do the Pacific Theater of Operations. The PTO had some of the Marine Corps biggest battles, like Iwo Jima. Those boys deserve some recognition.
RedChuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RedChuckz
Member since 2006 • 830 Posts
IW is working on COD 6 just like they were working on COD4 while Treyarch were working on COD 3 thats why they are switching developers because IW needs more time to make their COD and when they do its badass activision only wants more money from COD thats why different developer is makeing COD 5
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts
i think they should have made a call of duty that is in the future, but not to the point were there are plasma guns and junk but so that we get new and unique weapons.
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

Id rather buy Cod 4 than cod5 imo.Infinity Ward is just much better at making COd games and the WW2 setting got boring a long time ago.

superrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 superrj
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts
I think the monder warfare thing was not fun at all i liked call of duty 3 way better so i think it will be good.