Who's Happy about what they're doing to Call Of Duty 5??

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemoDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SystemoDown
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts
I liked CoD2 the best. I think 4 is good but over rated. And id only get it depnding on developers cause they switched for #3 and it sucked. And than they have Brother in Arms comin gout which will be a hard WW2 game to beat from the looks of it
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
it has been confirmed that treyarch is developing a new call of duty game in a different time period than modern warfare was, but ww2 wasn't specified. i'm hoping for 'nam, cause it's never had a game that could do it justice.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts
COD 5 will be good, WW2 or not. Besides, I'm getting tired of "modern" era shooters. Too many of them are coming out. I don't mind taking a back seat to good ol' Nazi killin. COD2 remains one of my faviorte shooters ever, WW2 is just a good genre, particularly when it's done well.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
yea enough is enough of this world war 2 bull mess
xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

Just wait for CoD6, it will be infintry ward and modern again,

I like when they make there own story line, CoD4's story line was amazing, just like a movie

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
[QUOTE="soufan123"]

Does anyone like it that CoD5 is goin back to a WW2 setting?? Im not, im pissed.. I mean all of the other CoD games were like stepping stones to CoD4, but now they're going back?? I would think that they would recognize how amazing CoD4 did, and create another one, with a similar setting.. I was thinking maybe like a World War 3 or somethin.

Enraged_Bannana

you are wrong. i heard on g4tv that cod5 was going to be a new setting which means no ww2 or modern

If i believed stuff i heard on XBL i would have stopped kissing my mom goodnight a long time ago.

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts
[QUOTE="kerrman"]

Uhm.. as far as the last press release goes there is no confirmation that the game is switching to WW2 or changing hands of developers.

Anything new out that disproves that? 'cause I'm curious as all hell.

WMDfreeman99

its already been confirmed that tryarch is developing COD5.. The setting is not been confirmed through

Somebody probably already answered this, but I haven't read all the posts- it's in the pacific back in WW2 yep yep yep

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#58 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Yay..

Bolt action rifles and 7 shot pistols... my favorite...

:roll:

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#59 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i just don't understand how they allow 2 developers to trade off making games. especially when one is so much better than the other. treyarch, just pass the series over to infinity ward for good.
ZeroWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 ZeroWil
Member since 2004 • 171 Posts

I can't be happy with CoD5, especially since the only details we know is that Treyarch is developing it. I actually have no problem, I really enjoyed Big Red One and CoD3. CoD4 is really the first game from Infinity Ward I own (I only played a bit of CoD2).

I'll just wait until I start seeing footage of the game. Then I can say if I'm happy or not.

Sheps21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sheps21
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
I don't know what you all are talking about. There is nothing more satisfying than killing nazis. But if it is a new setting, it will probably be the future. WW2, Modern, and Futuristic are really the only good settings for shooters when you think about it.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

I can't be happy with CoD5, especially since the only details we know is that Treyarch is developing it. I actually have no problem, I really enjoyed Big Red One and CoD3. CoD4 is really the first game from Infinity Ward I own (I only played a bit of CoD2).

I'll just wait until I start seeing footage of the game. Then I can say if I'm happy or not.

ZeroWil

Cool, someone who has a mind of his own.

PPl are bashing the hell out of this game cause it's developed by Treyarch, what I wonder is what have treyarch done so diffrently than Infinity ward with the ww2 setting? COD2 - crappy acting, bad physics, zero empathy for the soldiers by your side cause they'll take a grenade to the face and stand back up, bad lines in general. Why did i love it? cause I like ww2 and the previous COD's and the fact that it feels like ur in a warzone, everything is chaos.

Cod3 - Crappy storytelling, characters, bad voice acting, sligthly less crappy physics, and I wouldn't give a crap if any of the main characters died. What's so diffrent with COD2 and COD3? it's diffrent chapters of the same game. Some critic said; I'm sick of ww2, I like Infinity Ward better than Treyarch, then all hell broke loose. Some ppl just absorbed it and passed it on like the word n00b, now it's a dam trend to hate Treyarch, I don't even hear any good reasons anymore, ppl just hate them cause everyone else does. Fanboyism at its worst, and that word is getting so old too I'll just stop now... right after saying wake up ppl! grow ur own dam opinions and a mine of your own.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Does anyone like it that CoD5 is goin back to a WW2 setting?? Im not, im pissed.. I mean all of the other CoD games were like stepping stones to CoD4, but now they're going back?? I would think that they would recognize how amazing CoD4 did, and create another one, with a similar setting.. I was thinking maybe like a World War 3 or somethin.

soufan123

Call od Duty 2 was much better than COD4, even though it was in WW2, the only problem i see with COD5, is the change of deveopers, they made that piece of crap, how was it called? oh yeah COD3.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
[QUOTE="ZeroWil"]

Keitarourashima

Cool, someone who has a mind of his own.

PPl are bashing the hell out of this game cause it's developed by Treyarch, what I wonder is what have treyarch done so diffrently than Infinity ward with the ww2 setting? COD2 - crappy acting, bad physics, zero empathy for the soldiers by your side cause they'll take a grenade to the face and stand back up, bad lines in general. Why did i love it? cause I like ww2 and the previous COD's and the fact that it feels like ur in a warzone, everything is chaos.

Cod3 - Crappy storytelling, characters, bad voice acting, sligthly less crappy physics, and I wouldn't give a crap if any of the main characters died. What's so diffrent with COD2 and COD3? it's diffrent chapters of the same game. Some critic said; I'm sick of ww2, I like Infinity Ward better than Treyarch, then all hell broke loose. Some ppl just absorbed it and passed it on like the word n00b, now it's a dam trend to hate Treyarch, I don't even hear any good reasons anymore, ppl just hate them cause everyone else does. Fanboyism at its worst, and that word is getting so old too I'll just stop now... right after saying wake up ppl! grow ur own dam opinions and a mine of your own.

Says the guy who bought GoW, Assasin's Creed and GTAIV, the most hyped overated pieces of crap in history.

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
Great rulo: HAH! I bought those games because I was interested in them, and i play them still cuase I enjoy them, ALOT. U see when u have a job u have to balance ur time, games like Gears of war are accessible and u can get right into the action in mp or on ur own. Final fantasy from 6-10 I used to enjoy, when there was time for it. Finish school and get a job, then be a cocky weiner.
Avatar image for CrazyGaminFilip
CrazyGaminFilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CrazyGaminFilip
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Personally, I do not care about what happens to the Call of Duty series anymore. Personally I think WW2 is a lot better and the only game who is going to bring back WW2 generation is Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. Call of Duty is a dead series to me. Fanboys don't spaz on me.

Jacobin378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacobin378
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

Why is everybody so upset about the switch in developers? Infinity Ward and Trechyarch have been going back and forth in creating the CoD franchise and the reason for that is right after you play one CoD the next one comes out about a year later. So it just gives each developer more time to create each CoD, so that way Infinity Ward is not in a rush to meet each deadline. And not to mention CoD3 was not that bad and CoD4's multiplayer was based off the multiplayer of CoD3. It was just an upgraded version of it. Just be happy that Spark Unlimited isn't creating this CoD (Spark Unlimited did CoD Finest Hour). Before CoD4 was even announced gamers were asking if they could make a WWII game that took place in Japan, so they just let Trechyarch do it so they can work on the next CoD: Modern Warfare game which will be CoD6. So yes I cannot wait for Call of Duty 5. And a couple of months after CoD5 comes out I guarantee you that CoD6 will be announced and that will be made by Infinity Ward and will be modern combat.

PaisaPlaya510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PaisaPlaya510
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts
as long as its fun who cares
GlitchRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GlitchRocks
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
I liked COD 3 and loved COD 4 for it doesn't really matter what time frame its in for me.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#70 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Ya when i first started playing cod4 i felt like i was playing and older cod. once you unlock the mp44 there is nothing stopping you from thinking its still WWII. The environments look anything but modern. I guess because its not in the U.S or Canada but there is no reason why something set in the time period should look like something set in the 40's.

If you looks at other parts of the world besides U.S and other rich countries like Britain you'll understand that not all architecture in the world have shiny glass buildings and such. If you ever saw any videos of our soldiers fighting in urban Iraq cities today it resembles a lot of what you see in COD4's enviroment. The clostest enviroment that the game has to our architecture is the "All Ghilli up" level.

Anyways I don't mind Treyarch making another WWII game because that mean Infinity Wards will have more time to work on their next COD games. Besides that reason I'm also interested in what setting Treyarch is planning on doing COD5 in. Lets just say I'm not bored of WWII yet because I do believe there is still room to make great WWII games besides crappy WWII games that was made over the past years. For example look at what Brother in Arms Hell's Highway is shaping into.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Im not getting it if it goes back to wwII
marcoz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 marcoz92
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts
it is not going to be set in worldwar 2 just look at the general info on gamespot..it says: modern first person shooter!:D
I-AM-THE-G-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 I-AM-THE-G-MAN
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts
this is news to me.. i hope that when they're sales dont lift 5 months after release, and then they look at COD4's sale record (10 million to date or something) it'll slap them in the face damn hard. gotta keep this thread floating to get the message heard people.
MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
I don't really understand it, myself. The WWII shooter genre is tired.
I-AM-THE-G-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 I-AM-THE-G-MAN
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts

it has been confirmed that treyarch is developing a new call of duty game in a different time period than modern warfare was, but ww2 wasn't specified. i'm hoping for 'nam, cause it's never had a game that could do it justice.luigismansion101

now THATS an idea. vietnam gaming (which has been abysmal to date) meets the awesome quality of cod4. although maybe in an altered reality, i'm thinking 80's, more futuristic weapons... and why not throw the good old soviet union in while your at it. makes for a more fictional setting = more epic moments, cod4 nuke anyone?? great idea anyway

Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts
i dont mind tbh i hate everyones doubt in treyarch COD3 was brilliant if i dare to say the one i most enjoyed
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="soufan123"]

Enraged_Bannana

you are wrong. i heard on g4tv that cod5 was going to be a new setting which means no ww2 or modern

It probably could. Where do most WW2 games take place? Europe. Where do most Modern shooters take place? Usually some Middle Eastern Country. New setting means 1 of 2 things: New locations within a time period or a totally new time period.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#78 Sharvie
Member since 2006 • 8895 Posts
I would rather have IW take longer to make CoD5 than have Treyarch make it, and even worse go back to WW2. What are they thinking.
Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
Guys, is there anywhere that actually confirmed Treyarch as the developer? Or confirmed that WW2 is going to be the setting? I'm tired of all the speculation, just wait until they announce it and enjoy the one's that are out already.
bluebomber46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bluebomber46
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts
I bet the next game will be a sequel to COD4, that picks up right after the game ends.
Vadoc81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81 Vadoc81
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
I've always like the WWII setting, though i really enjoyed modern warfare and would of loved 5 to continue like that. Though it never gets boring blowing Nazis up :P
Cooltechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#82 Cooltechie
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts
For me it really depends - now if they just go right back to it like the other COD games I will be pissed, but if they combine WW2 with the tactics and realism of COD4 I think it could seriously own: Imagine fighting all the major WW2 battles multiplayer, with all the good graphics, tactics etc. with proper, realistic weapons - two teams (one to play the british/americans or whoever is on the good side, and the other team to play the Nazis/russians etc.), it could be rather promising really (although if a Nazi team could win.. a tad controversial).
jUmphrey26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 jUmphrey26
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
What i never understood about WWII games is why is it always in Europe? There have been so many WWII games and nobody thought of the war in the pacific?
julian2890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 julian2890
Member since 2005 • 1283 Posts
I never played a Call of Duty game until Modern Warfare was released. I absolutely loved it. It got things right on so many levels with the FPS genre, especially the multiplayer. If COD5 is going back to WWII I think they are making a big mistake that they will end up regretting.Rat-Bastard
hello twin.
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#85 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts
WW2 is the most shallow and redundant genre and setting for a game because theres already like 800 more WW2 games out there already...
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#86 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
I don't really mind. I have faith in what they are doing :D
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points