What is the best single player campain?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yaely7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yaely7
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

What do you guys feel is the best Single player campain on the X360? I mean since the beginning of the X360 life span, not just this year. Please state WHY you feel it is the best single player campain.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
Red Dead Redemption is my favorite single player experience because of the strong characters, character complexity/development, dialog/voice acting, and great story arch.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Orange Box, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dead Space.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nate_c-12
Orange Box, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dead Space.KC_Hokie
wow those are some really persuasive explanations you have there.
The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

Mass Effect series, because the story is epic, it contains some of the most memorable characters to date, the universe is so unique, and the customizability and dialogue options are amazing.

kravitzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 kravitzzz
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

Red Dead Redemption: The story is an interesting piece of work, since it contains many witty twists and mysterious environments.It's a really fun experience to just ride on your horse a whole day without doing anything, and the more content it gets, the stronger it becomes.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Assassin's Creed 1.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Orange Box, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dead Space.nate_c-12
wow those are some really persuasive explanations you have there.

My avatar is persuasive enough.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

gta4:D

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Bioshock (1!!!!!!!).

yaely7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yaely7

How do you guys feel about Borderlands, does it have a good story and gameplay?

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drakebunny

How do you guys feel about Borderlands, does it have a good story and gameplay?

yaely7

Borderlands has next to no story, but the gameplay is great.

LukeDavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LukeDavey
Member since 2010 • 119 Posts

Modern Warefare series, Bioshock series and Gears of war series

rileston333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rileston333
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
The Mass Effect series, because it has an epic story to keep you hooked for hours.
kravitzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kravitzzz
Member since 2010 • 158 Posts

Modern Warefare seriesLukeDavey

JiggyJigster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JiggyJigster
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Mass Effect Series. The story is just EPIC!! :D

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I really liked dead space. Even though it isn't truly survival horror, it is the closest you will generation. The game nails the feeling of isolation that the earlier resident evil games did so well (1-3, CV). The gameplay isn't too shabby either, there are a lot of interesting elements that seems to keep the game fresh while you play. The story is great as well, an interesting mix of sic fi and religious themes.
Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Bioshock are my favorites just because the world they belonged to had me so immersed and obsessed, and the stories are awesome. Also there is so much freedom in Oblivion and F3.

MacDee23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MacDee23
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts
GTA 4 - A massively long single player campaign with a great story and lots to do BioShock - A great story, great gameplay, lots of things to see, do and you get the feeling you want to complete it to see who is really behind all the mayhem Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops - Pretty Epic combination of action / story (i preferred the story in MW2, but the multiplayer is better in BOPS) Orange Box - Never played it on Xbox 360, i completed it on PC, and this is a great franchise with decent story The most underated storyline that no one talks about though imo is Darksiders. If you like Gears of War (both games use the same game engine), but with swords and rpg like upgrades, but with mostly a beat em up style, with a few puzzles thrown in, then this game will keep you engrossed to the very end. The story isn't just epic, it is legendary. Halo : Reach is pretty dam good too. Must admit, Assasins Creed is OK, but it doesn't fall into the epic category if you ask me. Uhm, can't really think of many other games atm. edit - I have never tried Alan Wake, but my friend is playing it all the time atm, he says it is great. Try that one too.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Mass effect series.
footyjamie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 footyjamie
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
anyone know why my xbox live keeps disconnecting ??
wrestlstud23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wrestlstud23
I really like Assassins Creed 2 because its story is pretty easy to follow and it is just all around a great game. Why is Mass Effect so awesome? Could someone explain this to me? Ive never played it....
yaely7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yaely7

I really like Assassins Creed 2 because its story is pretty easy to follow and it is just all around a great game. Why is Mass Effect so awesome? Could someone explain this to me? Ive never played it....wrestlstud23

Mass effect is awesome because the story is long and immersive. The gun fights are fun, slightly lacking in some qualities. Over all a good game.

yaely7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 yaely7

Who has played Alan Wake, I have been waiting for that game sinse 2007, and it looks like its a so so game, which is dissapointing.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nate_c-12
anyone know why my xbox live keeps disconnecting ??footyjamie
because you created an account to post in the wrong thread
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
A tough call between Mirror's Edge and RDR.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drakebunny

A tough call between Mirror's Edge and RDR.LustForSoul

Mirror's Edge had a decent story? Oh...

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]A tough call between Mirror's Edge and RDR.Drakebunny

Mirror's Edge had a decent story? Oh...

He asked about the best single player campaign not best story... I loved the campaign of Mirrors Edge, live with it :P. It was fast paced and epic, enjoyed it!
l0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#29 l0ve
Member since 2005 • 3178 Posts

Who has played Alan Wake, I have been waiting for that game since 2007, and it looks like its a so so game, which is disappointing.

yaely7
Ive been playing Alan Wake right up until my 360 broke, but it was pretty good. Excellent graphics, the story is pretty bad though, and the gameplay gets really repetitive later in the game. For its current price though its definitely worth buying.
DonBaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 DonBaser
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
Dead Rising 1 because if you play it right the story blows you away... AND ITS SO MUCH FUN Dead Space is also a very awesome and tense game... I loved the single player in COD: Black ops because a lot of cool action scenes.. (SPOILER BEGIN like shooting a down a space shuttle SPOILER END) Gears of War 1... no need to explain
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
For my Xbox 360, one of my favourite campaigns of all time has always been Gears Of War (original). I got it for the Christmas I got a Xbox 360, and I have always thought of it as my favourite. Although, Red Dead Redemption is fighting it's #1 Xbox 360 campaign spot on my list... I have to just say them both. The thing that makes Gears Of War (original) good is that you get to know your characters well, the story is always interesting (this is mainly because the cutscenes are so fun to watch, which is also because of the graphics) and it is just a whole lot of fun! Red Dead Redemption... well I am sure everybody knows what I am about to say about this one :P. You can't go wrong with it... the story is immersive, the character development is also fantastic, the world is stunning and sucks you in almost as if you are living there, and there is just so much to do and there are many interesting characters/places to explore. The game is also very long! While it doesn't have the most interesting story, I have to give a mention to F.E.A.R. as I got it for Christmas and am currently playing it for the first time. The AI is just FANTASTIC almost as if you are playing online (seriously), and the game is creepy and the general feeling of sneaking around really gets you hooked... I am happy to say that I have PLENTY more hours in the rest of the campaign, F.E.A.R. Files and F.E.A.R. 2 to experience! :D. The story isn't anything special though... well, it may be a bit better than I think it is because there are no subtitles and I have trouble hearing what is said sometimes, especially on this game.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

GTA IV- The story was good and lengthy with interesting characters and good dialogue.

Gears of War series- Gritty campaigns, great graphics, nice lengths, interesting story,and tons of action and gore.

Assassin's Creed series- Interesting stories, great graphics, interesting characters

Mass Effect series- Interesting story, great graphics, interesting characters, lengthy, great diolgue

Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts

I really like Assassins Creed 2 because its story is pretty easy to follow and it is just all around a great game. Why is Mass Effect so awesome? Could someone explain this to me? Ive never played it....wrestlstud23

Mass Effect is incredible for a few reasons IMO:

It has an amazingly believable and immersive universe. Polictics play a huge role in the world around Shepard and the way the races interact, the markets, and the crime in the game itself is all around believable.

The characters in both games are incredibly likable, even if you hate one, you will surely like another.

The story is fantastic, no question.

Overall, that's why I think it's awesome.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Mass Effect
croogiie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 croogiie
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I totally agree, the games style and characters sucked me in and I dont normally like playing campaign on games, the only few campaigns I have ffinished are RDR and the halo series and fable 1 and 2 and some others. John Marsh is the coolest video game character there ever has been in my opinion, the game was perfect. Also I got Undead nightmare at christmas and omg it is amazing haha It doesnt take its self too seriously but its awesome x

wrestlstud23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wrestlstud23
How are the Graphics on Mass Effect? Is it worth my money I guess im asking?
Avatar image for DillPickleYummy
DillPickleYummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DillPickleYummy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts
Bioshock - awesome gameplay, intense atmosphere, interesting characters, and the story is just awesome. Gears of War - I played this game so many times and it never gets old. The atmosphere is just amazing and the characters, you really start to feel for them. Too Human - A guiltly pleasure. Not the best story but the gameplay is fantastic; if you love upgrading your character, finding loot, and killing tons of baddies.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Fallout 3

chrisb422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chrisb422
Oblivion, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
orange box. my explanation? contains: half-life 2, half-life 2 episode one, half-life 2 episode two and portal. inb4 'but it has multiple games. thats no fair'
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#41 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
The Mass Effect series is fantastic and really good campaign stuff too. You can totally get sucked in, and it should go without saying that ME has what may easily be the best reward for actually earning its myriad of achievements.. not just the gamerscore, but also in-game rewards, such as EXP bonuses or getting to add additional feats/talents to your shepard. The second game also pleasantly surprised me, with how quickly I was just sucked into its universe, mining for resources and finding new planets to explore and do missions on without it being mentioned to me beforehand. A lot of the various issues with the first were also rather thoroughly addressed in the second, and the increased choices in love interests rather help too. Arkham Asylum is worth mentioning as well; yes, it's multiplat, but that's not the point. As far as a superhero game goes, it's got the best campaign we've seen in a long time. Not just for batman's sake, but pretty much all comic superheroes. Just about everything that unfolds in story follows a good sense of logic for Batman, and being able to sneak and fight like the dark knight is represented well. The GOTY edition also apparently even supports 3D without requiring an overpriced TV too. And the work Rocksteady did was so technically impressive for it, Epic has since requested the code for how they did it so it could be implemented in future builds of the Unreal Engine, meaning any future UE games can then support 3D this way too. Borderlands is lax on story, but it is a lot of fun even by yourself. The missions are good doing, and each character has different abilities that are better suited for solo play (some more than others). Moxxi's though, I am quite sure, is impossible on your own. but thus far, the rest of the DLC add ons (what I've played of them - still need to finish Knoxx before I touch the robot revolution) gives plenty to do. As far as CoD games go, 4 is easily the best regarding the campaign. Story is still the best integrated in IW's first foray into modern-day combat for the Call of Duty series, and has some great set pieces. And unlike MW 2, it doesn't seem to overly abuse those moments with billions of guys, though the AI does have unlimited grenades. :? Even so, a solid challenge on Veteran, and the tough-as-nails bonus mission afterward will make you work to earn the final achievement. My only regret with CoD4 was selling it on the xbox after I was done. That being said, I later was able to take advantage of a good sale, and get it for PC. :D Bioshock 1 is a MUST for a quality single player campaign. Can't speak for that many others, though.
MLG_Retnuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MLG_Retnuh
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
HALO REACH campaign is the best campaign i have play since my 5 years with Xbox. It is just very action packed and just a great storyline. The story to the Halo's is just amazing, its been thought through about a lot and that is why its my favorite campaign.
sambo2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 sambo2011
Member since 2006 • 411 Posts

Red dead redemption or Halo series or gears of war. I think its hard to chose from really, but there are quite a lot of games with a great campaign out there, just depends what type of campaign is classed as great i guess.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
Toss up between AC2 and Mass Effect for me.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
orange box fallout3 &vegas halo series alan wake mass effect2 assasin series bioshock gears series gtaiv redemption dead space
nicstringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nicstringer
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts

Mass Effect series. The games have an engrossing story that sucks you in, characters that you actually care about and all of your actions no matter how big or small carry weight through all the games in a scale not seen before. To the guys at Bioware, I salute you!

max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

Mass effect series, Dead space,oblivion, bioshock 1

Kennyb324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kennyb324
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

Alan wake and red dead redemption for me

Alan wake: i really loved this game b/c it was a refreshing game to play after all the endless fps's out there. i love the characters and the settings were really good. the story was great, i loved all the little twists and turns that it took. it was just a really satisfying game and i loved every second of it. i truely think it deserves more praise than it got.

Red Dead: i always love gta game but never took the time to beat them. i played this nonstop untill i beat it and it was really amazing. i loved the realistic characters and the music the most. the mexico music when you first go there is truely amazing

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#49 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

research !

soapman72

Forum Posts