What do you think about little kids playing Call of Duty?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aaros18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aaros18
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I'm usually alright with kids playing Call of Duty games but not if they're like 9 or younger. The thing I hate the most about little kids playing is that they sing a lot. Plus they say a lot of stupid stuff. Here are some things I've heard my kid friends say on Xbox Live.

"If you shoot the rocket in Acsension with the L96A1 and then shoot it with the Ray Gun to blow it up, you get an achievement."

"It would be cool if you could play Multiplayer on the Zombie maps."

"If you keep jumping after you get the Teddy Bear, the Mystery Box will appear close to you."

"If you shoot the Zombies in the legs with a shotgun, it makes them into crawlers."

"Modern Warfare 3 is gonna have Zombies."

"Join my clan."

"Don't open the Mystery Box again. Let it cool down."

I still play with my kid friends but sometimes they annoy the heck out of me.

What do you think of little kids who play Call of Duty? Do you like them or dislike them?

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i never use my mic anymore and i don't have any kid friends, much less ones that play call of duty. most of the time when i'm playing COD is with 1 or 2 friends and we are always making jokes anyways so if there's someone in the lobby just saying stupid things we'll usually just laugh at it :P

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
XBOX is a man's system. I would only let my kids play Wii, sports games, racing games, and other kids games. But they won't play too many games.
Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I'd put them on mute or ignore. After awhile I just stopping using the microphone.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

thats why there is a mute option and btw every system/game has little kids

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
I think anyone under the age of 17 should not be allowed to use a mic but that's just me.... would make lots of people happy myself included.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MW2ismygame

i thinks that is a little unfair while i meet annoying kids all the time there are a FEW, FEW kids that are not that sterotype

Avatar image for deadlysilence82
deadlysilence82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deadlysilence82
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts

i just hate annoying youngsters talking smack i mostly just put them on mute .

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

its hard for me to play zombies with kids

aaros18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aaros18

WOW! You guys seem a lot more mature than most people I meet on Xbox Live. Most people would talk trash, cuss and complain about little kids playing games. I'm really starting to love this website.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#11 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Well, there's a strong case to be made that anyone under 17 has no business playing Call of Duty (or most other M-rated games, for that matter). Lobbies in CoD get irritating when you have some little 10-12 year old saying stupid things.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

It depends. If they're actually saying something to help the team and if they don't say anything idiotic, I'm with alright with them. Otherwise, I'll just mute them.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Yeah little kids and jerks are the reason I only allow friends to talk to me over xbox live and what is with parents letting little kids play M and T rated games anyway ?

LORD_BLACKGULT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LORD_BLACKGULT
Member since 2006 • 947 Posts

WOW! You guys seem a lot more mature than most people I meet on Xbox Live. Most people would talk trash, cuss and complain about little kids playing games. I'm really starting to love this website.

aaros18

Just don't go onto System Wars...

Anywho, little kids are annoying by default. They should be outside with real-life friends playing tag or something like healthy, happy children.

But the worst are the people, of any age, that try to act all tough and abuse curse words unnecessarily because they lack a competent vocabulary to say anything worth hearing.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
XBOX is a man's system. I would only let my kids play Wii, sports games, racing games, and other kids games. But they won't play too many games.Sonny360Elite
You keep telling yourself that.
JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

This is actually one of the reasons why I don't play online . . . I used to play MMOs but because some immature players just makes the game worse and annoying simply made me quit . . .

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I think their parents have some 'splaining to do.

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

They make good killstreaks

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Those points you made are exactly why I stopped playing Call of Duty online. Maybe everyone I've met on those games are kids then. Don't get me started on playing Nazi Zombies with these kids/strangers. Taking the mystery box, lack of teamwork, people trying to be heroes. Screaming at everyone because 1 guy doesn't wanna open all the doors for him. It's a rarity that I met some decent people on that game. EVERYONE is so angry....

The kids I've played with on Zombies are so frickin stubborn, I remember on Ascension they were refusing to leave the first room because they didn't wanna spend their points. They wanted me to spend mine. and in multiplayer I get hate messages all the time for using a suppressed SPAS-12 with Ghost Pro?? What the heck? Am I not allowed to use something the game offers me?

Literally everyone I've ever met on Call of Duty are either kids or mid-20s americans that hate me because my voice is British-English.

So, what do I think about little kids playing Call of Duty? I think it's stupid, but kids seem to be the demographic for this game so...what can you do?

OfficerLeach_

Lmao, so true

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Really don't care. Cannon fodder.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
They get muted/messed with by me.
JethCave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JethCave
Member since 2010 • 924 Posts
If I had any children, they wouldn't be playing it.... If it's other peoples children, I wouldn't approve, but it's really none of my busyness. Just don't let them have head sets....
GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

I never cared when it's like a 15-16 year old kid playing, it only bugs me when they're like 9 or something.

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I just mute the annoying snot nosed brats.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#25 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Apart from kids that say stupid things or kids who are so socially akward they can't even manage to appear normal through an anonymous form of online communication, kids don't make the gaming community any worse. Adults can bejust as bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

thats why there is a mute option and btw every system/game has little kids

MW2ismygame

God bless the mute option!

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I mute everyone at the start of the round, so they aren't much of a problem for me. Funny though, most of the kids I've seen on COD play pretty well.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

its just sad that parents don't care what their kids do nowadays. Too many kids have an xbox, computer, and a tv in their own bedrooms. Their parents have NO idea what games these kids are playing. When I have kids, they will have to earn their allowance to buy games. Also they will play games that are age appropriate.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Spellingiscool

Apart from kids that say stupid things or kids who are so socially akward they can't even manage to appear normal through an anonymous form of online communication, kids don't make the gaming community any worse. Adults can bejust as bad.

Blueresident87
Agreed, adults are even worse.
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

Spellingiscool

Agreed, adults are even worse.

I was just about to say this this. They are MUCH worse IMO.

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts

I'm like you if they're a certain age, I don't feel comfortable calling them bad names, sending negative feedback, and the occasional text message through XBL.

BUT IF THEY'D STOP THE **** NOOB TUBING!!!!!!

aaros18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aaros18

Those points you made are exactly why I stopped playing Call of Duty online. Maybe everyone I've met on those games are kids then. Don't get me started on playing Nazi Zombies with these kids/strangers. Taking the mystery box, lack of teamwork, people trying to be heroes. Screaming at everyone because 1 guy doesn't wanna open all the doors for him. It's a rarity that I met some decent people on that game. EVERYONE is so angry....

The kids I've played with on Zombies are so frickin stubborn, I remember on Ascension they were refusing to leave the first room because they didn't wanna spend their points. They wanted me to spend mine. and in multiplayer I get hate messages all the time for using a suppressed SPAS-12 with Ghost Pro?? What the heck? Am I not allowed to use something the game offers me?

Literally everyone I've ever met on Call of Duty are either kids or mid-20s americans that hate me because my voice is British-English.

So, what do I think about little kids playing Call of Duty? I think it's stupid, but kids seem to be the demographic for this game so...what can you do?

[QUOTE="OfficerLeach_"]

NirdBerd

Lmao, so true

I have a brother who used to play Zombies with random people too and he hates it now. He hates it for the same reasons you do. lol.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spellingiscool

I'm like you if they're a certain age, I don't feel comfortable calling them bad names, sending negative feedback, and the occasional text message through XBL.

BUT IF THEY'D STOP THE **** NOOB TUBING!!!!!!

Thuganomic05
Not just kids tubing. Blame Infinity Ward for leaving it in.
oldschool12790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#34 oldschool12790
Member since 2005 • 595 Posts

Thats true that adults can be just as bad. But the kids are just so annoying. Giggling that someone used the f word and constantly yelling in the mic with their high voices. ITs hard to understand some of them anyway. I just mute them and end it. I can't STAND little anklebiters with headsets. We have enough annoyances dealing with the immature adults. Plus, even though it doesnt really matter too much anymore to parents and guardians and stuff, but the game is rated M...

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

aaros18

Not while there are mods around.

AddictedToMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AddictedToMe
Member since 2003 • 2437 Posts
Kids need to know how to kill zombies. They will be here in 2012.
ImaginaryLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ImaginaryLemon
Member since 2011 • 26 Posts
I never use my mic in Call of Duty, the sheer amount of idiotic comments overwhelms me. I like your list of kids comments by the way, OP.
JethCave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JethCave

Blueresident87
Totally....
JethCave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JethCave

its just sad that parents don't care what their kids do nowadays. Too many kids have an xbox, computer, and a tv in their own bedrooms. Their parents have NO idea what games these kids are playing. When I have kids, they will have to earn their allowance to buy games. Also they will play games that are age appropriate.

Talldude80
If only all parents thought this way.... Sadly, most don't care. It also depends on the level of maturity the child has, in my opinion. Some, while not completely mature, are a lot more mature than others.
Lonelystrokez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lonelystrokez
Member since 2011 • 277 Posts

Ya singing people are annoying.I stopped using my mic since graw2.

Avatar image for MrBlackAndWhite
MrBlackAndWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrBlackAndWhite
Member since 2010 • 128 Posts

I wish they wouldn't. It only serves to annoy the players that are actually mature enough to play the games.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#43 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

heres what i think abouut kids playing CoD:

I wished thats the only game young kids play cause thats the one game i dont play.Quite frankly, i've had several encounters with annoying kids. I wish parents would follow the ratings on games, since i like mature games. If parents did, then i wouldnt have to worry about imature kids at all, unless i chose to play E games online, which then i'd be asking for it.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

I remember the other day i had to leave a lobby out of annoyance..little kid was yelling "TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE" or however you spell it xD I mean its funny when you think about it but sitting in a lobby its like ARGH

kingb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingb100
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I usually dont mind, my neighbors kids like to play and I let them. I guess they can get a little annoying though, especially when they get angry.
LeeMurphy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LeeMurphy123
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

there not as bad as sore loser or connection interrupted

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MW2ismygame
[QUOTE="JethCave"][QUOTE="Talldude80"]

If only all parents thought this way.... Sadly, most don't care. It also depends on the level of maturity the child has, in my opinion. Some, while not completely mature, are a lot more mature than others.

i completely agree when i got my first teen game (007 nightfire, gamecube) i was not the legal age but my parents cared and they saw that i was mature enough to play it, same with M games, and eventually online play if only more parents were like that and back on topic i dont care what age you are 9 or 19 if you are mature and dont open your yap every 2 seconds and contribute to team communication i dont care if you scream, play music/sing or just like to talk crap because you are safe behind a TV screen then you get muted.......and maybe stalked by nancy pelosi.......just saying :evil:
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I actually think it can be fun. Kids tend to speak their imaginative minds and say funny things. This is in contrast to teenage high schoolers that talk crap. It's a nice change. Also, I mostly just stay in party chat with my friends when I play.
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Don't care. People of all ages can be asshats.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
At my friends place the other day there were 4 kids ages 4 to 12 playing CoDBlops... I was kind of appalled.