The Battlefield 3 beta is awful.. I am so dissapointed

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Has anyone played it yet? I am very very worried about this game. I have spent the last 6 months trolling Call of duty... but oh man this beta is pretty awful. I have yet to see any destructability, any vehicles, the sniping sucks, the shooting isnt satisfying, there are glitches galore. I was expecting to be blown away... but I have yet to be impressed by any features in this game, at all. The map given in the demo feels like a call of duty map... I dont feel apart of a huge battle, I feel like Im playing that really crappy Medal of Honor multiplayer.

The game is a month from release, and I never thought Ide be worried that it might flop. But seriously, it sucks. I promise Im not trolling, I am so upset :(

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

is it already up I have been looking for it on both systems and have yet too see it or recieve an email I have it? Not trolling either just asking

Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

I would have to agree. Even though it's a beta it should be up to better standing than what I've been playing. The audio is great and the guns feel awesome with all the snapping and cracking gunfire but there isn't very much substance. I guess I'm just used to there being a bit more in a beta than one map. There is still almost a whole month til release so we'll see I guess.

Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

is it already up I have been looking for it on both systems and have yet too see it or recieve an email I have it? Not trolling either just asking

teacher4tc

It'll be up publlicly tomorrow the 29th but its out for early access people already.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

There isn't vehicles because of the map, the destructibility was scaled down due to the environments and the sniping is fine. Why would you expect to be part of a "large battle" on the console version?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

There isn't vehicles because of the map, the destructibility was scaled down due to the environments and the sniping is fine. Why would you expect to be part of a "large battle" on the console version?

Darkslayer16

Because the Bad company 2 demo played better then this crap, 2 years ago. I really felt like I was a part of something on bad comp 2, and battlefield 2 for that matter. This beta is supposed to entice me to buy the game? Im about ready to cancel it. It feels dead. Thats the only way to describe it. The sounds, graphics, shooting, guns, environments, and all the glitches... its not good.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You know what it being in beta means right?

Its means its not representative of the final product. Those bugs are all easily ironed out, while destruction isn't final (or so I hear). Besides, sniping is great, I do not know what you are talking about. Nothing beats a good headshot streak on the third leg.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well i have no idea if the beta is any good, because I CANT PLAY IT YET.

LOL. I tried to access it on xboxlive tonight and it gave a strange error. It says I have 0 ms points, and to download the beta requires -1. and then it said "Current balance 0 , Required balance: 4294967295". Obviously I know that means its not open to me yet or something, but couldnt it just say "unable to download now, come back tomorrow" ? Lazy microsoft.....

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

LOL. I tried to access it on xboxlive tonight and it gave a strange error. It says I have 0 ms points, and to download the beta requires -1. and then it said "Current balance 0 , Required balance: 4294967295". Obviously I know that means its not open to me yet or something, but couldnt it just say "unable to download now, come back tomorrow" ? Lazy microsoft.....

Talldude80
This
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
[QUOTE="Talldude80"]

Linkbest23
This

me too I got all hyped when I saw I could DL it. but that error came up. WHATS EVEN WORSE is that all the dang trailers on the 360 for BF3 are showing PC graphics and gameplay. Talk about false advertisement.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
[QUOTE="Linkbest23"][QUOTE="Talldude80"]

jerkface96
This

me too I got all hyped when I saw I could DL it. but that error came up. WHATS EVEN WORSE is that all the dang trailers on the 360 for BF3 are showing PC graphics and gameplay. Talk about false advertisement.

Ditto I haven't played the beta, but if there are glitches and such, it should of been ironed out in the alpha. Betas are usually for server testing more than anything else..
Bogmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Bogmire
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts

Oh man, I was hoping I didnt have to get MW3... :(

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

First off guys, I have to ask what you were expecting from the beta? Its been known for sometime that the beta would consist of just one map. It has also been known for a long time now that the console versions were running at a sub HD resolution of 704p. I have been playing the PC version of the open beta and even on my XPS laptop, I am very impressed with the visuals and gameplay. Im still not that comfortable with the M/KB set up and in the end will probably get the 360 version.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
So far, all the beta has done is make me salty.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

The XBOX 360 open beta for BF3 is up and ready for all to download. I have been playing the PC version the last couple of days and I got a game in on the 360 this morning and I have to say that from my perspective, the 360 versions holds its own against the PC version as far as those of us who dont have uber gaming PC's. I found the visuals and gameplay on the 360 version amazing. I simply love what DICE has done with this game with the reworked classes, ribbons, proning and whatnotand I personally cant wait to get home tonight and pour in 2 or 3 hours of time into this game. MW3 wont have a place in my game time this Fall. BF3 will be frigging amazing mark my words!! 9.0 here at GS guaranteed!!!!

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="Linkbest23"][QUOTE="Talldude80"]

jerkface96

WHATS EVEN WORSE is that all the dang trailers on the 360 for BF3 are showing PC graphics and gameplay. Talk about false advertisement.

Ummm, I don't think that is the case. Please provide a link.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Well, I'll reserve judgment until I've finished downloading the beta for myself, but it seems like reactions are mixed, at least for Operation Metro. On youtube, some people are posting vids of early access to Caspian Border (password protected beta map, only for PC currently?), and it looks beautiful.
darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
BETA.... ONE map... calm down...
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
BETA.... ONE map... calm down...darkmagician06
I would've picked a better map if I'm trying to sell the product. Metro isn't that good.
EpicPotatoness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EpicPotatoness
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yeah from what ive heard is that everything has been scaled down (total game size was 1.3 gb) super compressed and not fully featured but im really enjoying it. it depends sometimes you find a match where your team consists of cod style players and there is no sense of teamwork or you get the all out team players, but what i think will make the game awesome in the full version will be vehicles and different game modes such as conquest, i also find the game has aimed for super realism, head shots and chest shots = kill so i dunno im happy when i find a match with team players but when im stuck with kill thirsty players it becomes just a mosh pits of either deaths or assists and this is where bf3 looses its 'bf3" experience so it depends the game is still in development and will be polished and checked so i dunno could be perfect or flopped but dont suddenly take my advice about the game all games are a personal opinion so its up to you
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#21 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Eh, I didn't care for it too much It was a solid game, and fun; but it's just not the game for me.
teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teacher4tc

Hey family,

I am at work now however is the BETA up and going now for 360, I was trying last night around 2am Eastern time. to get on and no luck, I was getting the same message on my end with the points and that was not making sence to me, any way I am ready to play. So is it up and running now? thanks in advance.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#23 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
It's good to go now. I played it, but didn't favor it. I'm notthe biggest FPS fan. But yeah, it's up and running for the public now.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#24 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

If people are getting dissapointed by the beta, don't. It is a beta.

I haven't played it yet, but I will have it downloaded by Friday so I'll be able to check it out then.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Hmm, can't wait to get home and download it and try it for myself!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
This is a game that is ment for PC. I have buying and playing on 360 alot lately but this game is one I refuse to get for xbox.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

I like it.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blueresident87
This is a game that is ment for PC. I have buying and playing on 360 alot lately but this game is one I refuse to get for xbox.AutoPilotOn
I agree that it might be better suited for a top-end PC, but I played a lot of BC2 on the 360 and it was a very good game. This will be too.
CoUGHnBulle77z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CoUGHnBulle77z
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts

I was watching some gameplay for BF3 and then went back to watching BFBC2 and I was having more fun watching BFBC2. I seriously loved the crap out of BFBC2 and BF3 might very well be a let down..I hope not. If they have a console beta I want it NOW!

If they staged down the detruction I will for sure be a bit upset, even if it was done for good reason.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

oh my god people...ITS A BETA, its not going to be amazing, this is why consoles hardly get betas because people dont like them, suggest to the developers what needs to be fixed, over powered guns, running mechanics, bugs, just tell them whats wrong, the point of a beta is to suck

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 teacher4tc

oh my god people...ITS A BETA, its not going to be amazing, this is why consoles hardly get betas because people dont like them, suggest to the developers what needs to be fixed, over powered guns, running mechanics, bugs, just tell them whats wrong, the point of a beta is to suck

laliberte11
I agree the beta in my opinion are never the best but it does give us a look of what to expect, I am ready to call of my second Job and play! LOL Ambassador4him if you would like to add me
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

I don't agree with all of what you're saying (I actually found the shotgun to be UNDERpowered given that it frequently takes two 12 gauge rounds to the chest before an enemy dies), but I agree that they've definitely got some work to do. There's a pretty comprehensive list of issues and suggestions at playmoose.com. It's kind of staggering to see them all listed out in one place. DICE really should have run this beta months ago; I worry that they won't have time to fix this many issues this close to release.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i played it for about an hour earlier and so far im really enjoying it

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
Gun damage is at a perfect point
Graphics are quite nice
Variety of guns and accessories
Flowing movement is awesome (ie, jumping fences etc)
Personally I love the Metro map.. and Rush is fun as always.

Cons:
I have died at least 10 times from nothing. Just running forward and AGGRHHH, dead.
Sometimes the sound cuts out (only for like 5 seconds, and it has happened two or three times, that's it)
A thick blue film goes over the screen sometimes if you are in the weapon customization screen and then respawn
Lots of holes in the textures means you fall or just run through hills
Some people are already mid-30s and have top tier guns with awesome accessories (not a strike against the game, just makes it less fun starting out)
The controls could use a bit of remapping.. but are easy to use
The recoil is very intense, takes a bit of getting used to. Just using burst fire of more than 4 or 5 rounds and you are already aiming a meter above your target..

In short, it's GOOD. It's not great, and it's far from finished if you ask me. But I can't wait to keep playing it, and for most of the bugs to be straightened out. Like most people are saying, it's a BETA. Treat it like one.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#35 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I understand its a beta because that is what the trolls will point out first without reading what you have to say, but I have to totally agree with you.This game is suppose to be great, the COD killer,but so far, all im seeing is that I would rather play Gears, or COD before this.Im gonna take my preorder money off and get Modern Warfare 3, its a shame.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Yep, but I kinda expected it. Even the PC version was downscaled at some point when you look back at the original teaser because NOTHING looks like that yet...Even the PC on high settings looks great but not that real look that the teaser had. Even though im not a "modern shooter fan", I am sure MW3 will blow this game out of the water with campaign and multiplayer.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
At the end of the day it is only battlefield, people raised it to god status, as if it was some kind of saviour or something. It's only a battlefield sequel when it comes down to it, and nothing can live up to that kind of hype. The game isn't for everybody, and it is basically just a sequel to BFBC2. I didn't think much of it myself, but then I don't really like battlefield games.
Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

Its a beta people calm down. I actually kinda like it :P

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I really enjoy it, glitches and all. That is, when it will actually work. It worked fine yesterday, now it doesn't.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Can't even play the damn beta.

1che3zeman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 1che3zeman1
Member since 2010 • 347 Posts

Has anyone played it yet? I am very very worried about this game. I have spent the last 6 months trolling Call of duty... but oh man this beta is pretty awful. I have yet to see any destructability, any vehicles, the sniping sucks, the shooting isnt satisfying, there are glitches galore. I was expecting to be blown away... but I have yet to be impressed by any features in this game, at all. The map given in the demo feels like a call of duty map... I dont feel apart of a huge battle, I feel like Im playing that really crappy Medal of Honor multiplayer.

The game is a month from release, and I never thought Ide be worried that it might flop. But seriously, it sucks. I promise Im not trolling, I am so upset :(

Shmiity
sucks to be you. I have been playing the Caspian Border beta on the PC and it has destructible environments, vehicles, huge map, and 64 player battles
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

I played.
I dissapointed.
I not buy.
I wait price drop.
(like 75% off)

LOL MWAHAHAH!

I thought its gonna be better than MW3 finally...
BUT naaah...
Still my prior is mw3 ;)

Superkhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 Superkhanz
Member since 2010 • 143 Posts

The maps may not be done yet, which is why destructability might not be in it yet. This is the same reason vehicles may not be in it. And there are a lot of glitches, yeah, but it's just a beta.

Since it's releasing so soon with all these problems, I think it will get delayed.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

rlly im loving it!

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blueresident87

That Beta is a bunch of garbage, mostly because all I can see is the title screen since I can't play it. It has 'connection issues' and 'server maintenance' already?

Another fail for EA's outstanding servers...

I normally take any beta with a large grain of salt, but when I can't even get in that isn't the greatest start.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Yeah I tried it and it sucked. Didn't even look good, which is a major selling point of the game. I'm actually quite relieved, though... now I don't have to buy ANOTHER game in Rocktober. Battlefield 2 was great... big open battlefields. The mode they showed off made me feel like I was playing Call of Duty or Crysis 2. NO THANKS!
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Yeah I tried it and it sucked. Didn't even look good, which is a major selling point of the game. I'm actually quite relieved, though... now I don't have to buy ANOTHER game in Rocktober. Battlefield 2 was great... big open battlefields. The mode they showed off made me feel like I was playing Call of Duty or Crysis 2. NO THANKS!donalbane
Yea I felt like I was playing my Crysis 2 MP demo I have. This was a horrible example. Here is hoping they get it better for final release or the PC version really is that much better than the console.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#49 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

The beta is extremely glitch DICE is going to have to do a lot of polishing for the game's release because the glitches and technical difficulties really detract from the game.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I've been hearing a lot of consistent bad about the beta. While I'm hoping its just people blowing stuff out of proportion considering the fact that, y'know, it is a beta, the amount of negative comments still makes me glad I never pre-ordered it. I've been pretty hyped for it, especially after recently getting really into BC2's online, but I was always skeptical about how this one would be on consoles. Now I'm hyped for the review more than the game. I'm really curious to see how this scores. Anything less than 9,5 will pretty much be a flop considering the game being hailed as the second coming of Christ.