The Battlefield 3 beta is awful.. I am so dissapointed

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

TBH I agree, I wont be getting battlefield 3 nor MW3.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...AcidSoldner
That;s normally what a beta means except this one is being released a few weeks before the game is supposed to go gold. So they won't possibly be able to fix all the problems gamers are having

You only have a 'beta' this close to launch if you are testing out the servers. It's a stress test.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...KC_Hokie

That;s normally what a beta means except this one is being released a few weeks before the game is supposed to go gold. So they won't possibly be able to fix all the problems gamers are having

You only have a 'beta' this close to launch if you are testing out the servers. It's a stress test.

seems to be failing that test on the 360.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#55 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Yes, it's a beta, but the game is being released in less than a month. So, any hope of substantial alterations is futile. The game should be near "Gold" by this time. I too am disappointed with the beta...i'm hoping that the full version will change my mind, but what I've played so far wasn't what I was expecting. But who knows...the actual game may be a lot better.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 a55a55inx
Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...AcidSoldner
Yes...most hardcore gamers realize the difference between beta and demo...however, the majority of the gaming population will see this as a "demo"... I'm sure that EA is smart enough to realize that the general public won't know the distinction. Even if they did... what beta (for any game) was drastically different from the final product?
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

LOL at people choosing to not buy a game because they didn't like one map in a game that will have a dozen+, that will be drastically different, with more destruction, tons of vehicles, etc...

LOL at people expecting perfection and no glitches from a beta.

LOL at people thinking this is the build that is being released... this build is MONTHS old. Like, same build as the Alpha. All they removed was the tank on the map...

LOL at people saying this looks bad. Are you serious...? Either your standards are ridiculous or you are trolling. Some textures are iffy but the overall aesthetic is great, shadows are good, animations are awesome, etc...

This beta is tons of fun imo. Level 22 now and I am hooked, and I don't even like Metro much. Played Caspian Border on PC and seriously feel bad for people changing their minds about this game. It is CERTAINLY a BF game, this map just doesn't show off a lot of what the series offers, probably because they wanted to prevent issues with it running in the beta, and probably because they wanted to show people from the CoD community that NOT all BF maps are vehicle heavy, and that there ARE infantry heavy, gun-on-gun, high-action, close-quarters maps. I get why people think that's dumb on DICE's part, but if you KNOW that the full game will have very different maps and what not, why does it matter...? If Caspian Border was the beta map on 360, CoD fans would cry about how big it is, how they have to *gasp* run for more than 5 seconds to find somebody/get somewhere, and so on.

Hasn't been running perfectly, but I've been in tons of games, seen very little lag, ran into few glitches and have been having a great time.

I swear GS is troll central. All my XBL friends, friends I play with on PC, RL friends, etc... LOVE this beta and are really getting into it. I know people that have never touched BF that are now sold on the game and are more excited for it than MW3.

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...a55a55inx
Yes...most hardcore gamers realize the difference between beta and demo...however, the majority of the gaming population will see this as a "demo"... I'm sure that EA is smart enough to realize that the general public won't know the distinction. Even if they did... what beta (for any game) was drastically different from the final product?

halo 3

but they had months to fix whatever!

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#59 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
yeah its pretty freaking bad
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
the consoles version look like BC2 graphically, which isn't a bad thing imo, overall I think it's the map they have choosen that have been reason for the hate, I agree that the tunnels parts are freaking annoying imo, personally I just prefer the pc version of the game, but the truth is that the interface blows in the game and needs a huge overhual imo.
Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts
1. This is just a BETA and from what i'm told its using an old code and the current game is miles ahead of this. 2. Metro is Battlefield 3 smallest map with no vehicles and a closed off environments, where they have downscaled the destruction for the beta. 3. Your playing it on consoles Battlefield 3 PC caspian border looks fantastic if u don't believe me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms that should speak for itself
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#62 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts
1. This is just a BETA and from what i'm told its using an old code and the current game is miles ahead of this. 2. Metro is Battlefield 3 smallest map with no vehicles and a closed off environments, where they have downscaled the destruction for the beta. 3. Your playing it on consoles Battlefield 3 PC caspian border looks fantastic if u don't believe me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ndz13zUms that should speak for itself xCocoTheMonkeyx
Well said.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

I agree that the BF3 beta is pretty bad. I was 100% getting this game before I played the beta now i'm like 50-50.

DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

I'm not keen on the beta either, it's nothing like they portreyed it to be in the trailers. I hope they manage to fix this game before release. Otherwise, this will be a pre-order that I regret pre-ordering!

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The beta was downright terrible. Looks like I'll once again be getting COD for my shooter fix.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I'm a big DICE fan (just look at my ratings history) and I'm less than 50-50 about getting BF3 after this beta.
ShadowDragon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ShadowDragon78
Member since 2011 • 371 Posts
I tried the beta on both PC and Xbox360,....360 doesn't look so bad as some people made it out to be, and on PC...graphics are pretty good, not like some astronomical leap from the console version. This is just a beta though, hopefully it will be better..
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
I saw plenty of destructability
ZombieStripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ZombieStripper
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I got the beta right when it came out...i was off put by the crazy colors but once I got in the game I love it. I can jump over things easy I have less restriction.aiming at targets are a little tricky since I been playing gears 3 but so farr I suport the beta...you got to remember its only one map on multiplayer
Thelmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Thelmen
Member since 2004 • 216 Posts

I thought the interface was terrible on the xbox, I thought it worked fine on pc but the interface in bc2 was much better and easier to use, i myself have not run into that many glitches on the xbox version expect for instant death for no reason :S, on the pc version my gun disappeared i would still have the cross-hairs very strange.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

im still not getting mw3. i plan on getting this game so im hoping it pulls through

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

i'm loving the gameplay, but the glitches are way to rampant, good thing they're having a beta.
they should have included a map with vehicles to give people a taste of that.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

I hate to say it but the beta is really disappointing.

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts
just bad bad marketing and choice of map. i mean really, what were they thinking? they have one key thing that stands out apart from other shooter.. and don't include it. what were they thinking? sure it's a beta.. but it's also a great marketing tool. you'd think you'd want to show off, not give mediocre for peoples first try/first opinion. they talk about the vehicle combat and jets etc.. then give a sample with only infantry?.. really? whoevers wise decision that was needs to get canned, i think he just lost them a lot of money.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 a55a55inx

[QUOTE="a55a55inx"][QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Do you people not understand what a BETA is? It's not some early release demo, it's a version of the game that the developers (DICE) knowingly release both broken and buggy so that the community can better help the devs release a better product. The point of a beta test is to TEST it. Instead of coming here and whining about how it "sucks," go over to the BF3 forums and voice your concerns and opinions because that's the whole damn point of a beta test...qbell

halo 3

but they had months to fix whatever!

The Halo3 beta wasn't drastically different from the actual game. They made changes to the amount of damage each weapon/vehicle/equipment inflicts...as well a changed where weapons spawned, but the game still played similarly, and the graphics weren't noticeably different.
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
Your all funny. Its a beta. Really? Not a demo.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Metro is a pretty bad map, but what I have heard from PC gamers is that Caspian Border is much better, so it's really just a poor choice of the map. And the bugs I can deal with since it's a beta.
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
I was impressed with it and it definetely has me hyped for the game itself.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#79 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I played it last night and it wasn't too bad. It seemed to be standard FPS stuff, so I expect BF3 to be a standard, solid FPS, probably no better or worse than MW3. I'll be picking up both.

Although it does kind of disturb me that they released a beta for this game only a month before its release. Shouldn't this have been done, like, 6 months ago or something like that?

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty disappointed too. Its good, I just still can't wrap my head around Battlefield, and this map does play too much like a random COD game. I wasn't hyped up too much since BF games have never been my thing, but I don't understand why people say "its a beta it will be fixed" Umm, copies are already printing I would believe so. Its unlikely changes can be made for a product that ships in 23 days. I mean, I'm sure they can fix issues post-release with a patch, but then we get into the territory of them releasing something that wasn't actually finished in the first place (besides they already have a map pack ready to go at launch or near launch) This isn't as much a beta as a promotional tool to market the game. I mean, its free on every console in the weeks leading up to release. Does anyone actually believe that when the BF team sits down on October 12th, a day after the beta ends and they list out all the things to change that they will have all those changes ready to go somehow even though copies of the game are shipping to stores that same week?
Avatar image for MickaelJulliard
MickaelJulliard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 MickaelJulliard
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

there are glitches galore.

Shmiity

One word: Beta

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="Warablo13"][QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="Linkbest23"] This

me too I got all hyped when I saw I could DL it. but that error came up. WHATS EVEN WORSE is that all the dang trailers on the 360 for BF3 are showing PC graphics and gameplay. Talk about false advertisement.

Ditto I haven't played the beta, but if there are glitches and such, it should of been ironed out in the alpha. Betas are usually for server testing more than anything else..

bad company 2 beta was absolute ass compared to the actual game. oh my god, a night and day difference, actually.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#83 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I was playing the beta some more today and I must say, it's disturbing that you can still sink into the ground and see the sky below the ground (as well as above it) less than a month from release.