Racism on xbox live..... Why the hate?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowNinja87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowNinja87
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts
I have been a xbox live gold member since 2007 and I happen to be black. Since the first day I got online and used a mic I got called a bunch of racial slur most common being the N word. No offense to non racist white people but 95% of the time I heard racial slur being directed at me or someone else it was said by a white person. White kids that think it's funny to yell the N word of the mic or some rednecks who say ignorant crap because they are protected by the internet. I know black folks and other minorities say ignorant crap online sometimes too but much of my experiences involve being call led the N word by some white person. I don't trash talk( if I do I am joking), nor do I blast my music over my headset. They either see my avatar on my gamer pic or hear my voice. I mean if I beat you in a game no need to insult someone. It's just a game. I was just wondering why white people like to be racist on xbox live? Again I don't mean to offend anyone. I know there are idiots in any race of people.
ShadowNinja87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShadowNinja87
The reason I bring this up is because I beat this clan on the gears 3 beta and they got pissed and sent me alot of racist hatemail.
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
^ mostly based on sheer stupidity and ignorance. Yes there is racism in all races, but imo, 9/10 of the time is usually somebody white saying the slur. Why? Idk, im black but I haven't had any slur directed to me as of yet
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

It comes from ignorance and a lack of self-worth.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

i'm white and i know how ya feel. i have a learning disability but i still play games and try to act like a normal person and i don't make fun of anyone but everytime i play a shooter game, theres always 1 person in each room making fun of me because i'm a little slow (and this crap started back in 2002 when i started playing socom) so i stopped plugging my headset in during ranked matches on games like call of duty unless i got a buddy on my friends list in the game with me

maazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 maazy
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts

Its sad to see we are living in the 21st century and the world is still full of ignorant uneducated pricks. I'd just ignore it man, those cretin's frontal lobes aren't fully developed and probably never will be...

Btw, I'm brown and I get some of that racist stuff to...but my gamertag is Mideast Beast..so I'm probably asking for it lol.

gurulag10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gurulag10
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

Racism happens and it happens more frequently online. Just deal with it and ignore it. Black people are just as racist to me when I'm Playing Ps3. (Ps3 has alot of black people online) Again, just ignore and move on.

ShadowNinja87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShadowNinja87
It's just really annoying. Getting racist hatmail because I beat someone in a game. That's just stupid.
Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

Honestly, as a xbl gamer from the very first year it was released. I feel that a bit of the recistim has gone down. I remember when I would play almost every to every other match on halo 2 and it would be racist remarks but it seems that people have calmed down a bit. Not to say that it's still not there, it definately is but I just don't see it as much as it used to be. Now if only we could get rid of team killers and pointless blabbers.

maazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 maazy
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts

im only racist to muslimsXbox360Gamer15

Islam is a religion though, not a race.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
im only racist to muslimsXbox360Gamer15
Really, you are gonna come in spouting hatred on this guys post. You are a piece of work brother.
ShadowNinja87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadowNinja87
I usually ignore it or send them a nasty message back depending on my mood. But it really gets under my friends skin when she plays online mad gets called a racial slur. She is black and Asian.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

lol? its Xbox live people will insult you with whatever ammunition they can find, learn to brush it off.

I know black folks and other minorities say ignorant crap online sometimes too but much of my experiences involve being call led the N word by some white person..ShadowNinja87
*Palm connects with face*

yeah, If another black guy says it its all cool, right?

Sticks and stones bro everone gets insulted on XBL, l2dealwithit

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#16 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Don't let it bother you man, you know how many times i have been called the n word and im white, just let it go, its not worth getting mad over.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

congratulations on being born...welcome to the world...enjoy your stay.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Solution 1: get in a party with a friend Solution 2: Dashboard>Preferences>Voice>set volume to zero Problem solved
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

HATERS GONNA HATE

BodomArmy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BodomArmy666
Member since 2004 • 354 Posts

^ mostly based on sheer stupidity and ignorance. Yes there is racism in all races, but imo, 9/10 of the time is usually somebody white saying the slur. Why? Idk, im black but I haven't had any slur directed to me as of yet Eagles931

so you can see through your internet connection and know the person is white huh? wow amazing powers ya got there buddy

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
I don't trash talk( if I do I am joking).ShadowNinja87
This is most likely what the people insulting you are doing as well. They just pick the most immediate way to insult you, whatever reason that may be. It probably doesn't mean they are racist. It means they are douchebags.
noobshotpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 noobshotpat
Member since 2010 • 237 Posts

i think that anybody who meaningfully insults people on xbox live (in any way shape or form) do it because they are protected by a sort of anonamity. its not like being a racist at school or at work, where you're garanteed to get punished for your actions. it's like an immunity, so people use it to be a-holes.

1che3zeman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 1che3zeman1
Member since 2010 • 347 Posts
Welcome to the internet
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

i think that anybody who meaningfully insults people on xbox live (in any way shape or form) do it because they are protected by a sort of anonamity. its not like being a racist at school or at work, where you're garanteed to get punished for your actions. it's like an immunity, so people use it to be a-holes.

noobshotpat
Exactly what I was gonna say, that and they're showing their immaturity and ignorance. I don't know which is worse, the one's who make fun of others because they are not the same color or look like them, or the ones that laugh at their jokes.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Unfortuntely, racism exists online. I don't use my headset because the racism, sexism, homophobic slurs got old quick. Your best bet is to ignore it and only use your headset while playing with friends.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
Anonymity changes how people act. You can say it allows people to show their true side, but I honestly just believe it allows people to be someone else. In reality I think many of them aren't racists, but when they are anonymous they aren't themselves. Of course I am probably just kidding myself and a s*** ton of people are really racist.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I got into the habit of muting lobbies because I'm tired of racism / sexism / homophobia. I only use my headset to listen to in-game sounds.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

Not to condone it, but why complain about racism and then use a racial slur like redneck? Also how do you know 95% of them are white?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

It's on a mic, they can say anything they want. So they will do so. I think they're idiots, can't take loss. :lol:

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Welcome to the internet. Most people are pretty big behind a screen and a mic

AdrianDeWet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdrianDeWet
Member since 2010 • 253 Posts

People who are racist, homophobic, discriminatory on bases of class, money, religion, etc. are people not worthy of your time. They are insecure about themselves, unhappy about their lives or just want some attention. Ignore them. You should not even get upset by their comments. Infact, you should laugh at it because he needs to insult you using the N word. That, my friend, shows a total lack of creativity.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

One day they will make it possible for all people to track down bichas and dear God when they do only then will these "FUnny" online kids be taught their lesson.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
90% of the world is retarded, the people from those 90% can play Xbox and be behind their TV screens with a mic, of course there is gonna be racism.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

At the end of the day the "N" word isn't cool being said by ANYONE! I don't use the word at all & even tell my friends/associates to refrain from using the word towards me.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

You'd hate the south Texas town I live in then, where the people who mostly use the N word freely are not even white or black.

It's stupid, I know.

But are they directly calling you those slurs, because they know you're black? Or are they just being stupid, and they don't know you're that ethnicity?

Does anything in your profile, name, or anything indicate it? If so, I'd say these people are even worse than I thought. Even without their prior knowledge, they are still jerks and all you can really do is simply report them and hope something gets done.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Racisim has been aroind for thousands of years. Why are you surprised?

CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

Judging by many of the written messages I get from strangers through Xbox Live, I am glad I cannot hear Xbox Live conversations. People get stupid when they have anonymity to hide behind.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

lol? its Xbox live people will insult you with whatever ammunition they can find, learn to brush it off. [QUOTE="ShadowNinja87"]I know black folks and other minorities say ignorant crap online sometimes too but much of my experiences involve being call led the N word by some white person..Overlord93

*Palm connects with face*

yeah, If another black guy says it its all cool, right?

Sticks and stones bro everone gets insulted on XBL, l2dealwithit

either way its say its disrespectful but they way caucasians say it, it is actually MEANT to demean, comdemn, and disrespect. but it doesnt stop at the N word. im black also so ive heard my fair share of slurs also. as much as you try to ignore it, it does get REALLY annoying and old REALLY fast. thank God for the mute button. i feel ya TC. i take invates from all cool people black, white or any other race...im not racist at all and it jut bring you down to their level when you fling slurs back.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

Solution 1: get in a party with a friend (so much for squad based tactics huh)

Solution 2: Dashboard>Preferences>Voice>set volume to zero Problem solved (again, you cant use that solution in every situation otherwise your team may suffer in the long run)Black_Knight_00

gamingboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamingboss
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

all i do is make weird sounds sometimes. :)

prsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 prsman
Member since 2007 • 915 Posts
It's mostly children of all races that do the racism. It's basically an unmoderated chat room.
McChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 McChillin
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Y9-JlSRXw&feature=related

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

[QUOTE="Xbox360Gamer15"]im only racist to muslimsmaazy

Islam is a religion though, not a race.

I am a Muslim and i am buying an Xbox 360 tomorrow :(
Canuck3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Canuck3k
Member since 2009 • 288 Posts
I swear, for every one nice person you meet. You meet 500 ones you can't stand on live.
chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

People find it fun to annoy other people. It's the internet nothing will happen for them doing so. Don't be offended for what you are not. So if someone called me a nerd I shouldn't get all up in arms about it if I know it's not true. The same can be said for any other word someone calls you.

Oh and also if you're really serious about not wating to hear people on XBL use this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic7f00zgbIg&feature=BFa&list=FLBv6mCIFAYRc&index=3

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#48 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

This type of talk is mostly done by people feeling as though the sheer distance the internet separates people (physically) gives them the cushion to say whatever they want and wouldn't say if they were face to face with you.

It's a shame some ignorant people would mess up a good online experience with their stupidity. However, don't hestate to use the abuse reporting ability XBOX LIve gives us. If these people so freely use this language they're bound to offend many people. And, if everyone utilizes this ability then that will surely curtail their idiotic language!

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
It's just really annoying. Getting racist hatmail because I beat someone in a game. That's just stupid. ShadowNinja87
Happens to us all, most of them just use a shotgun tactic and shout every racist word at every religion or race until they hit the ones you belong to, just laugh at them, nothing hurts more than finding humour in their effects to annoy you. The more they try to insult you the harder you laugh and repeat what they say in a humorous manor trust me i've had the exact same thing and rather than be offended i just annoy them but never join in. The last thing you want is to be reported by the person who is insulting you.
nateblogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nateblogger
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It is just out of ignorance. Only way to fight ignorance is to ignore it. No sense in retaliating because you are just stooping to their level. There are bad apples in every barrel which applies to every race and color. I'm a white guy, who is married to a mulato girl (she is half Trinidadian) and really, if you break it down and get back to basics, we are all just human beings. Some people are not wired correctly and think because they see a different color or hear a different tone/accent/slang that they have to react. The normal reaction is going to be hate, because stupid people hate what they don't understand. Stay strong bro.