Racism on xbox live..... Why the hate?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jdez15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Jdez15
Member since 2011 • 202 Posts

Because they are all cowards, and hide behind a microphone. Knowing, that if they said [put racist enuindo here] to their face, they would get messed up.

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts

welcome to the world of online gaming

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

welcome to the world of online gaming

gdogghenrikson

Wow. that's original. You are only like the 4th or 5th person to say something like that. That still doesn't make it right.

Megaflush24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Megaflush24
Member since 2003 • 173 Posts
It sickens me and it is a serious issue. It is also a big reason why people do not plug in their headsets anymore. So the ignorant people who are yelling racial slurs are affecting themselves by: 1. Sounding feeble-minded and ridiculous 2. Depleting the "headset" community and in turn limiting the cooperative gameplay 3. Creating even more stereotypes 4. I'm sure a lot more reasons Stand up for your xbox live community... Let the people know that they are ruining gaming... Report them.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Megaflush24"]It sickens me and it is a serious issue. It is also a big reason why people do not plug in their headsets anymore. So the ignorant people who are yelling racial slurs are affecting themselves by: 1. Sounding feeble-minded and ridiculous 2. Depleting the "headset" community and in turn limiting the cooperative gameplay 3. Creating even more stereotypes 4. I'm sure a lot more reasons Stand up for your xbox live community... Let the people know that they are ruining gaming... Report them.

Agreed, if you aren't part of the solution, your'e part of the problem. Everybody is responsible for doing their part.
Erzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Erzs
Member since 2011 • 107 Posts
Isn't calling someone a redneck considered dodgy? Or is that okay? I never talk over Live though, unless it's in a party with friends. When I'm playing something alone I usually have everyone muted.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Erzs"]Isn't calling someone a redneck considered dodgy? Or is that okay? I never talk over Live though, unless it's in a party with friends. When I'm playing something alone I usually have everyone muted.

Sort of, but the guy was basically using the forum to let off steam, so he gets a pass on it(IMO).
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#58 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Your always going to run into people like this online & it's not just Xbox Live. However, no reason to get worked up about it cause you simply just gotta mute whomever. Couple seconds & problem resolved.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="Erzs"]Isn't calling someone a redneck considered dodgy? Or is that okay? I never talk over Live though, unless it's in a party with friends. When I'm playing something alone I usually have everyone muted.

Sort of, but the guy was basically using the forum to let off steam, so he gets a pass on it(IMO).

That kinda falls into the whole "if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem" phrase. Letting off steam or not he still resorted to the same stereotyping and name calling that he was complaining about. Now I'm against all racist banter anywhere and in my opinion that comment put him down on the same level as the immature kids yelling on Live. How does he deserve a pass?
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

classic example of mean people on xboxlive

http://youtu.be/UzJ8YgW2-E4

Lord_Nuclear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 Lord_Nuclear
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

Not to condone it, but why complain about racism and then use a racial slur like redneck? Also how do you know 95% of them are white?

Col_Kilgore

Good call. That was my exact thought as well. I was almost sympathetic until I read through his entire post. A racially insensitive person complaining about someone else being racially insensitive to him. What a tool.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

I'm a white man and I have to deal with racism nearly every time I use my headset. The moment you try to talk, you become a target. That's what party chat is for.

Fr3sH3rthanU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Fr3sH3rthanU
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yeah me too. I pwn so many people in Cod and Halo. I am Indian/Black and when they hear my accent they call me curry spice or the n-word
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

For the TC, honestly I don't like that racism happens either (and I know it does). That said, I hear more black people using the N word than I do others, and I don't buy into the whole we can say it but you can't arguement at all. I can't think of any other word period that has race restrictions on it. In my opinion no one should be calling eachother the N word so...... I had this discussion with many of my friends that are black and we pretty much always end up on if they would go and call there grandparents the N word. 100% have said no to me which makes me wonder how they think it's ok to call each other that? Second and most important it gets said in front of my children several times a week and I don't feel it's right to have to punish them if they pick it up and start using it (although they wont ever be if I have anything to say about it) because they heard a black child say it and get away with it. I honestly can't imagine having to say "it's ok for that child to say the N word just look at the color of his skin, but for you no it's a very very very bad thing to say and it's pure hate speech."

I wish racist people would stop using the term just the same as I wish black people would. Sadly a black person using it on live or in public only exacerbates the issue.

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts
Im black I ignore it as I will never meet these people and I know they would not say anything to anyone face-to-face. End of the day someone who is racist to me face-to-face I'll give them a beat down, online I let it go over my head.
Morrdecai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Morrdecai
Member since 2011 • 587 Posts

Kids trying to act cool and tough. Just report/mute/block

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
people are gonna hate when you or anybody besides them wins. the only hurtful thing they can thing of is usually racist.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Yeah I don't let that stuff get to me, because for every racial slur I get directed to me online; I get none tolded to me in real life.

Online anyone can say anything and get away with it scott free. Thats just how online works, your crazy if you think this only occurs on xbl. Honestly, we'd probably see some of it around here if this wasn't a heavy moderated site.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jagged3dge

For the TC, honestly I don't like that racism happens either (and I know it does). That said, I hear more black people using the N word than I do others, and I don't buy into the whole we can say it but you can't arguement at all. I can't think of any other word period that has race restrictions on it. In my opinion no one should be calling eachother the N word so...... I had this discussion with many of my friends that are black and we pretty much always end up on if they would go and call there grandparents the N word. 100% have said no to me which makes me wonder how they think it's ok to call each other that? Second and most important it gets said in front of my children several times a week and I don't feel it's right to have to punish them if they pick it up and start using it (although they wont ever be if I have anything to say about it) because they heard a black child say it and get away with it. I honestly can't imagine having to say "it's ok for that child to say the N word just look at the color of his skin, but for you no it's a very very very bad thing to say and it's pure hate speech."

I wish racist people would stop using the term just the same as I wish black people would. Sadly a black person using it on live or in public only exacerbates the issue.

rgsniper1

I'm pretty sure your referring to the slang term which if I do say so myself, is very different from outright calling somebody the N-word.

The slang term was introduced as a way to inflate the racial slur. It kind of shows that you accept it and don't care. Its a stupid way of dealing with it but thats just the way it is.

Blacks aren't even the only ones that use it. All ethnicities can be found using it.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

Jagged3dge

I'm pretty sure your referring to the slang term which if I do say so myself, is very different from outright calling somebody the N-word.

The slang term was introduced as a way to inflate the racial slur. It kind of shows that you accept it and don't care. Its a stupid way of dealing with it but thats just the way it is.

Blacks aren't even the only ones that use it. All ethnicities can be found using it.

Sadly I wasn't, I'm reffering to real word.

I know the meaning of the other and why it's there but even then that's like taking any profane word and removing one letter, the intent is still to have it sound almost identical so I don't buy it. I'll also point out that the majority of times I hear that word is from a black person as well. The bottom line is neither should be said, yet both are. The "nice" way to "own" the racial slur is and of itself nothing more than a thinly veiled mockery. I reminds me of when a child quickly flashes you the bird, and then says that wasn't my middle finger that was this one. Anyway, that's just me.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

rgsniper1

Sadly I wasn't, I'm reffering to real word.

I know the meaning of the other and why it's there but even then that's like taking any profane word and removing one letter, the intent is still to have it sound almost identical so I don't buy it. I'll also point out that the majority of times I hear that word is from a black person as well. The bottom line is neither should be said, yet both are. The "nice" way to "own" the racial slur is and of itself nothing more than a thinly veiled mockery. I reminds me of when a child quickly flashes you the bird, and then says that wasn't my middle finger that was this one. Anyway, that's just me.

I didn't follow the analogy but..yeah.

And I can't really relate to what your saying since I've never heard Black people call each other the N-word commonly. Maybe as a joke but thats usually as far as it goes.

This is one of the reasons I avoid games like CoD, the worst community ever featured in a game.