NXE Problems and Complaints Sticky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Are you having difficulty after the New Xbox Experience (NXE) install? Post your problems and their solutions here.
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
i hate how it freezes now thats the only thing i dont like
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts
it takes the manlyness out of the console.
TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts
it takes the manlyness out of the console.megahaloman64
haha AGREED!
adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts
netflix is not available world wide... and that was one of the big things that microsoft were hyping. so pretty much this update is useless for us not living in America.
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts
I keep getting the error 8000ffff when I go onto the marketplace.Does anyone know how to fix it?
Transoceanic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Transoceanic7
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has expierenced this, but I downloaded Fallout 3 to my hard drive yesterday, played for a few hours, went to work. When I got home I played Gears2 without any problems. When I went to play Fallout 3 today everything loaded perfectly and right before it kicks over to allow me to start playing the screen goes black and freezes. It did this 3x. I deleted it off my hard drive but it is still doing it. I also tested to see if other games would work and they do. If no one has any idea that's cool, just seeing if anyone has a solution or experienced the same thing.
Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has expierenced this, but I downloaded Fallout 3 to my hard drive yesterday, played for a few hours, went to work. When I got home I played Gears2 without any problems. When I went to play Fallout 3 today everything loaded perfectly and right before it kicks over to allow me to start playing the screen goes black and freezes. It did this 3x. I deleted it off my hard drive but it is still doing it. I also tested to see if other games would work and they do. If no one has any idea that's cool, just seeing if anyone has a solution or experienced the same thing.Transoceanic7
if you deleted it off your harddrive, you shouldn't have any problems, unless something is wrong with your disc as far as i know. however, if there is something wrong with NXE that makes certain games unplayable after a period of time, we've got a big problem
Motza22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Motza22
Member since 2008 • 670 Posts
I randomly get kicked out of parties, my friends do too. We haven't been able to find a logical explanation. Also, I've had problems with my mic cutting out for several minutes at a time. IDK if that's a result of the NXE or if it's just coincidence; I mean it is the factory headset.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
The Layout it cool but the avatars are WHAAAACK
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

[QUOTE="megahaloman64"]it takes the manlyness out of the console.TheBeast789
haha AGREED!

seriously, how many kids you know have xbox live.

teobeo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 teobeo94
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts
i immediately downloaded NBA Live 09 and Fallout 3 to my HD and started to play fallout 3. with half an hour in the game, a GLITCH came up so i turned off my console. 30 mins later i turned it on again, BUT THIS TIME THE LIGHT IN THE RING WAS ON BUT MY TV SAID THERE'S NO SIGNAL. it's been like this for a day now, i've tried unplugging the cords, so DOES ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OF WHAT I SHOULD DO OR SHOULD I SEND IT TO MICROSOFT?
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
after NXE installed itself on my xbox, when it came back on i had no sound, now i have to unplug my harddrive and plug it back in real quick for it to work...this does the trick...but i have to do it ever single time i want to play, it really becomes a pain in the ass! now is this because of nxe or is it because of a faulty xbox console, i've only had it about 2 months now, but everything has been smooth until now. the sound problem just occured after i got the new nxe...whi ch isn't really even that great compared to the other layout to be honest...wish you could have an option on which one you could use!
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tootergray34
after NXE installed itself on my xbox, when it came back on i had no sound, now i have to unplug my harddrive and plug it back in real quick for it to work...this does the trick...but i have to do it ever single time i want to play, it really becomes a pain in the ass! now is this because of nxe or is it because of a faulty xbox console, i've only had it about 2 months now, but everything has been smooth until now. the sound problem just occured after i got the new nxe...whi ch isn't really even that great compared to the other layout to be honest...wish you could have an option on which one you could use!
ricefarmer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ricefarmer101
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I DL'd the NXE last night... today I got my first RRoD...
Meatwad630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meatwad630
Member since 2004 • 485 Posts
My main complaint would have to be the avatars. There really isn't too much to choose from when it comes to customization. I'm already seeing clones out there. I really don't understand why you can't change the color of the clothes and the limited variety. Oh yeah, I also don't like how it automatically starts you on the "Spotlight" screen. I want to start on "My Xbox" screen. If anyone knows how to do that, I would greatly appreciate it.
Transoceanic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Transoceanic7
Member since 2004 • 77 Posts
I don't know, I have played over 30 hours and it has never frozen or glitched on me. And it loads up like it is functioning perfectly until it kicks over to allow me to control my character..
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tootergray34

nxe is like a carwreck...it's really horrible...and we are going to just have to wait in traffic until they fix it...hopefully it will be soon. it really begs to question what peole were thinking over at gamestop...they already have a winning formula ... why change it? at least give people the option of keeping the trustworthy original. this nxe is more garbage than the job charlie weiss is doing at notre dame, it is worse than the Lions and the Bengals combined, it works and runs like Greg Oden's real age whichi is about fifty years old. If chuck norris' had an xbox, he would give nxe a liu kang bicycle kick into last week, take a dump on it then wipe his ass with whoever made nxe and say, you are a drain on society.

thank you

Avatar image for hawaiiinsomniac
hawaiiinsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 hawaiiinsomniac
Member since 2007 • 1257 Posts
No complaints here. I just updated my Netflix queue and hopefully I'll be able to stream the movies.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

two problems i have is not  that great of user friendly finding stuff  you have download like the photoparty where the F is it? go phote sharing dont see it looked all over cant find it i find my self go back to it click download and open it that way  

and freaken background man  all the old backgrounds a'nd pgotes you used gets cut an half then the real backgrounds dont even have the differncet pictures on the slides which is tupid. they should really make all them free now ever single last old one then the new ones  cost 2x more like wtf  iam not about pay no 4 bucks for something i look at for 1-2 mins a day

wtf gamespot blick the H word now

enemylines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 enemylines
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

two problems i have is not  that great of user friendly finding stuff  you have download like the photoparty where the F is it? go phote sharing dont see it looked all over cant find it i find my self go back to it click download and open it that way  

and freaken background man  all the old backgrounds a'nd pgotes you used gets cut an half then the real backgrounds dont even have the differncet pictures on the slides which is tupid. they should really make all them free now ever single last old one then the new ones  cost 2x more like wtf  iam not about pay no 4 bucks for something i look at for 1-2 mins a day

k2theswiss

I have to agree with you when it comes with finding things. I used to know where everything was and now i dont even know how to change my theme.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I like the random freezes while messing around in the menu. Usually after looking at my friends list... my itty-bitty friends list...
XcoyoteX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XcoyoteX
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
They should've definitely added in a setting as to what section you want it to open to; I for one do not like being pelted with ads that I can't turn off every time I turn on the console or go to the dash, considering I paid for that, pay for Xbox Live, etc. Totally freaking lame, avatars are useless, the whole UI is a big pile of garbage. Seriously MS, WINDOWS is better than this trash, at least my PC doesn't try and sell me crap every time I turn it on.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
it takes the manlyness out of the console.megahaloman64
So true. Makes it feel like it's for children now. It's those avatars that kinda ruin it 4 me, and those little carnival like sounds everything makes. Everything else is fine though.
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
only problem for me is the friend freezing.
ATastyBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ATastyBurger
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts

Hey, how do I check my NAT type with the NXE?

It used to be closed, but I got a new router, and it's not showing my NAT... Anyone know?

Could I check it with a game?

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#27 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts
My main complaint is the backgrounds. I've got my pretty Gears 2 background now, but all my old backgrounds that I probably spent 5 or 10 on are now 100% ugly and worthless. I feel like I should be reimbursed some how, at least give me another new background to replace all my cool old ones :(
superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

enemylines

I have to agree with you when it comes with finding things. I used to know where everything was and now i dont even know how to change my theme.

If you haven't found out how to change your theme yet, it's under your profile now.

So, my friend "list" freezes my Xbox (it's not really a list anymore) and my favorite theme is ruined.  Thanks Microsoft!

mysticchampion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mysticchampion
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts
i feel like i've been ripped off of my old themes and gamerpics that are pretty much useless now. i also don't like starting on the spotlight page with a whole bunch of gay ads. look if i'm paying 50 a year for xbox live which doesn't even provide dedicated servers or anything to make playing games online better then i should be treated like a god. i mean come on ps3 has all the same stuff for free! and home will be better cuz its not stupid and childish. look m$ you'll never have the kid market they will be owned by nintendo forever be happy with the customers you have and please them not piss them off!!!
Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

NXE is great and the installing to HDD is awesome, F3 runs so much faster now. Avatars are well done and more optoins to come soon. One weird thing though is that now before signing in the profile, I have to enter my Live  passcode twice in a row, whereas the old dash only asked me once. Is this a bug or what?

mr__gameboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mr__gameboy
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
my biggest complaint so far and hopefully only is that if i let my controller sit idle while in a chat, it shuts down making chat go through my tv. it didnt do this before. wish they would fix this.
Griff_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Griff_6
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Does anybody know how to create a new profile on the new interface? I cannot find anywhere a tab or an option that lets you create new profiles, I can only find how to edit your current profile/avatar, anyone know where I need to go?

mr__gameboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mr__gameboy
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
sign out of your profile then in my xbox go to the sign in tab and to the far right there should be a create profile tab
D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
netflix is not available world wide... and that was one of the big things that microsoft were hyping. so pretty much this update is useless for us not living in America.adders99
I have the netflix free trial .. trust me it's not even that good .. there all crappy old movies most of them and the good one's are owned buy sony and cannot be played on the 360
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

[QUOTE="adders99"]netflix is not available world wide... and that was one of the big things that microsoft were hyping. so pretty much this update is useless for us not living in America.D3ADMaggot911
I have the netflix free trial .. trust me it's not even that good .. there all crappy old movies most of them and the good one's are owned buy sony and cannot be played on the 360

Unfortunately this is mostly true... although Netflix has said they plan to focus more on their streaming in the future and claim they will have the licensing deals with Sony fixed soon. Regardless, as of now it's not worth signing up if you just want to use it to stream to the Xbox. Netflix is a great service though, so if you want to use it for DVD rental I highly recommend it. The few movies/TV shows/documentaries I can stream to the 360 right now are just a bonus to my membership. I was expecting and hoping for more from the streaming though.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I installed NCAA 08 (football) to the hard drive and sometimes while teams are lining up before a play the game slows down. But the slow down doesn't last into the actual play, just them lining up. It also doesn't happen every time, only once in awhile during certain games.
Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
My only real complaint is the avatars. Not enough customization options, can't change colors of clothing, and the whole avatar thing seems a little childish. Nonetheless, I made one because I like to be 'hip'...Lmao. Well, it's also bulkier and more useless crap then the original. And, I'm not used to it yet, so it's kind of hard to navigate. Overall, it's alright...but it leaves alot to be desired.
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts

well, nothing to complain so far. things just move pretty smooth for me. I don't really care much for netflix.

Sheepdog1744

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sheepdog1744
Member since 2004 • 50 Posts

How about this:

I downloaded NXE and it installed. Then it rebooted and BOOYA 3 red rings. I'm sure it's probably a coincidence but i thought it was worth mentioning. What timing. Mine froze a few times too. It is a launch console that has been fixed once already. I went out and grabbed an Elite. My old one is barely within the free fix window so I guess I'll have an extra Xbox. I wasn't too mad since mine is almost 3 years old now. It was bound to fail (again) sometime. It's sad that many of us, myself included, have just accepted that these things will break. If the PS3 would have better games I would maybe play mine.

Drake2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drake2024
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

Need the option to hide the kiddie Avatar thing and way to much advertising. The only thing I do like is the option to Install your games to the hard-drive. I hope the PS3 don't make us use Home like Microsoft is with this childish Avatar thing that Nintendo started.

Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Razieluk
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts

I don't understand why people say they've been ripped off because their old themes and backgrounds don't work and that they should be reimbursed.

If you bought an old TV for your Xbox and then a new Xbox came out that didn't work on your old TV would you expect to be reimbursed then?

The NXE is more to date technology so of course some of the older stuff won't work well with it. If you bought extra themes when you knew NXE was on the way, you only have yourself to blame.

Game_boy_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Game_boy_5
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
I am unable to go on xbox live. Is it possible for me to get the nxe off the internet somwhere and put it on a cd?
boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Fable 2 froze 4 times yesterday, i had frozen before a couple of times, but four times  on my first day of NXE.

maybe installing it will help? 

dnicacios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dnicacios
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hi people, My XBOX360, zephir was update wednesday and the next day I got a 3RL, error 0102.

I know it shoul be coincidence, but i have seen too many reports like these to be just a coincidence.

Now I am just waiting for MS to say somthing about it.

Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Razieluk

Hi people, My XBOX360, zephir was update wednesday and the next day I got a 3RL, error 0102.

I know it shoul be coincidence, but i have seen too many reports like these to be just a coincidence.

Now I am just waiting for MS to say somthing about it.

dnicacios

When you say "too many reports" - as this update is worldwide and there must be a hell of a lot of owners out there with NXE I assume you've seen several thousand reports by people saying the same as you?

dnicacios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dnicacios

OK, it was not a thousand of reports, but Just in my country (Brazil), I got known of more than 10 cases in just one day !!

It is not usual to 10 consoles been hit with 3RL in just a day.

I repeat, I know it should be a coincidence, because 3rl should be a hardware problem, and the NXE is just software. But it IS happening around the world. I really hope it just a coincidence, because i have two other concoles, but for now, i will wait a bit more to install the NXE on them.

ps: I liked the NXE, it is great. A bit childsh, it is true, but i liked it.

dnicacios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dnicacios

just to confirm what i am saying, the site of xbox has many reports:

http://forums.xbox.com/24149639/ShowPost.aspx

Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Razieluk

OK, it was not a thousand of reports, but Just in my country (Brazil), I got known of more than 10 cases in just one day !!

It is not usual to 10 consoles been hit with 3RL in just a day.

dnicacios

How many Xbox owners are there in Brazil? If you've got tens of thousands, then 10 reports is hardly significant.

voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has expierenced this, but I downloaded Fallout 3 to my hard drive yesterday, played for a few hours, went to work. When I got home I played Gears2 without any problems. When I went to play Fallout 3 today everything loaded perfectly and right before it kicks over to allow me to start playing the screen goes black and freezes. It did this 3x. I deleted it off my hard drive but it is still doing it. I also tested to see if other games would work and they do. If no one has any idea that's cool, just seeing if anyone has a solution or experienced the same thing.Transoceanic7
I dont have a harddrive but since the nxe update fallout3 freezes a bunch...takin my game back into gamestop to get another copy to see if its the disc. but odd that urs is doing it to....
basskill2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 basskill2000
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts
those that say it takes the manliness out of the console... if it really does.... why are you still creating the avatars anyway.