NXE Problems and Complaints Sticky

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
The 1680x1050 is actually crap.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#52 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Playing Left 4 Dead last night while chatting with those people in a party room - was disconnected from the party room every 5 minutes, also was disconnected from the game once.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
NXE bricked my XBox. I just get "mode not supported" on my TV now. I have called MS twice and all they say is they are aware some people are getting this problem, but do not have a resolution yet. Really sucks...
Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
can i stream wirelsessly from pc to 360?
Razieluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Razieluk
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts

I am unable to go on xbox live. Is it possible for me to get the nxe off the internet somwhere and put it on a cd?Game_boy_5

Checking the xbox.com site NXE FAQs it says that they will make it available to non-live users "very soon".

Zeybrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Zeybrin
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts

Xbox's freezing, people getting bricked, games not working, themes out the window, really stupid nintendoish avatars, and an overall more feminine feel. I think I know whats going on here. . . Bill Gates has secretly had a sex change so now hes taking 360's balls away!

But seriously.  WTF Microsoft. . . when I first downloaded the NXE it froze before it even finished setting up afterwards. . . Does Microsoft even know how to code anymore?   I got so made at NXE when I first loaded it that I threw my controller at the XBOX. . . not the wall. . . not the TV. . . the thing I actually care about. . . Still works. . . but still. . .  They need to take the cartoony feel away from the Avatars. . .

I really dont think they give a **** about the hardcore gamer anymore. . . I really feel like shoving my boot in Mircosofts ass.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
anybody having trouble logging into xbox.com? Im trying and everytime it sends me to the "Welcome to Xbox LIVE page, sign up".
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
can i stream wirelsessly from pc to 360?BillGates_Money
yes and this is also a problem for me. It works but everytime I must go back to my pc and set the network to private.
lupeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lupeys
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
freaking thing gave me a red flashing light in top right quadrant and e81 error code............. system out of warranty and ms say wait to c if enough people complain about NXE bricking system to get a free repair............... That is just great....................
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
I DL'd the NXE last night... today I got my first RRoD...ricefarmer101
are u serious dude that sux sorry to hear about that :(
Hidden_Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Hidden_Diamond
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

Complaints....

The dashbored doesn't lookd HD on a HD tv,
The Avartars have very limited custimisations, eg no colour changing of clothes.
Hard to find almost anything, not even all games show up in the game libary, or something like that.
Friends list is rubbish.
It shows other peoples parties, why the hell do I care if my mate I added from a few good games of halo is in a party with people I have never herd of.
It shows parties first, Like i said befor I dont care, let me see my friends.
Themes are rubbish.
Dashbored not very customizable, i mean at least let my hide channles I dont want. and why do all my squares have to be a horrid green.
Two market plases, What is the pint just have one with tabs on it.
Spotlight channle. Ok M$ I know you like money but plastering the 1st thing i see when i log on is a massive row of adds isnt going to help, it just looks horrid.
NO PRIMETIME

Problems...

It FAKE crashes, this is where if sticks while loading for 5 mins you think its crashed so when you go and turn it off, if starts working again but you have already pushed the button so its to late.

All in all, I hate this new dashbored so much it makes me cry.(Not liraly)

prozack28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 prozack28
Member since 2006 • 735 Posts
red ring of death. this blows.... well, first i got green screen of death, now red rings. ahh.
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I really dont like it, I wish they had an option to keep the old dash....
Jango-Bawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Jango-Bawls
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

I dont think 48 hour trials work with this new dashboard.I entered in three different codes last night by going to "Redeem Code" and all three were rejected.This means I have to wait to buy a subscription, which I can't afford at the moment.

YBRmuggsLP21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 YBRmuggsLP21
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
This **** update made my Xbox no longer recognize any discs in the drive!
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
keeps freezing when looking at friends list in dashboard and 1400x900 has black bars
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I randomly get kicked out of parties, my friends do too. We haven't been able to find a logical explanation. Also, I've had problems with my mic cutting out for several minutes at a time. IDK if that's a result of the NXE or if it's just coincidence; I mean it is the factory headset.Motza22
same with me but i know its not my connection because ive tried at my friends house too.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts
every time i try to load or start a new game in half life 2 episode 2 from the orange box it has an error about the hard drive being removed and the files corrupted this even happens when i try to start a new game and the auto save feature kicks in then freezes so basically i cant play it at all and this had only happened since i updated to NXE
Avatar image for CowsMakeTheBeef
CowsMakeTheBeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CowsMakeTheBeef
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm getting the whole game freezing thing. Putting time into my games and losing it all. Not cool
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Anyone experience freezing problems with Fallout 3 when they install it to the HDD? I am getting them, and I didn't usually get them when I didn't install it.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts
My main complaint would have to be the avatars. There really isn't too much to choose from when it comes to customization. I'm already seeing clones out there. I really don't understand why you can't change the color of the clothes and the limited variety. Oh yeah, I also don't like how it automatically starts you on the "Spotlight" screen. I want to start on "My Xbox" screen. If anyone knows how to do that, I would greatly appreciate it.Meatwad630
my thoughts exactly. spotlight is basically just a bunch of ads. i dont even want it on the dashboard but im forced to see it every time i go there.
pooolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 pooolk
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts
how can i play the disc automatically? without pressing a in the dashboard every time a turn on my xbox
Security451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Security451
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
This issue came up about a minute ago. I turned on my Xbox and it says I have a console update that I have to install. I click yes, dowload it, then my Xbox freezes after it returns to the dashboard. After multiple retries, it keeps locking up after. Right now, I cleared my HDD's cache and restarting again. Has anyone else had this problem?
spritepac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 spritepac
Member since 2008 • 434 Posts
NXE is stupid xbox thought that the Wii sold because of this chilidish crap but in actuality the wii sold because people are retarded. Xbox wanted to match the wii sales and had a horrid idea to do so. i want the old dashboard cause i hate how I CANT SEE MY THEME.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#75 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

it takes the manlyness out of the console.megahaloman64

if u use your console to affirm your manlyness well....im sure you could find other activities to make sure of what you are

TheKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 TheKenny
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Fried my 360 yesterday. That was my 3rd one.

I bought my original X360 in 2006, 2 weeks later I was RROD'd. Same happened with the refurbished one they sent me. The 3rd one I got back after exchanging the second lasted me until yesterday.

I installed NXE on Wednesday, Friday morning my X360 RROD'd on me. Waiting a few hours had no effect. Instead of paying $100 for a repair out of warranty and getting another refurbished one back, I went out and got a brand new (manufacture date Aug 2008 ) X360 arcade, and just used my old hard drive (with NXE on it).

My first 2 hours was spent TRYING to play Fable 2, but it was freezing up every 10 minutes or so, requiring a reboot. Kicking myself for not taking Gamestop's option to pay $20 more for the convenience of in-store warranty exchanges, I figured I'd try another game. Fallout 3 worked perfectly the rest of the day.

I have yet to retry Fable 2, but I dread what's in store for me if I keep inducing errors. I've learned to take it where I can get it with my (4th!!!) XBox 360 and not tempt faate.

cotton1229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cotton1229
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

I played online with some friends the Night before launch, but ever since the NXE I can't join parties and can't voice chat Private or any other kind. I basically can't play anything online. It says there's a connection fail. So I tested my connection and it was strong. I used the same connection for 2 years now and played online without any mishaps. Now I can't join anything online without it failing and kicking me back. Anyone have any Info on this? Anyone had this happen to them?

Plus My Video quality is horrid for NETFLIX! I use the same Connection for my Computer and the Quality is great then I hook it to the Xbox and it s one big blur once the movie starts? Is there a setting I need to change or is something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts

Are you having difficulty after the New Xbox Experience (NXE) install? Post your problems and their solutions here.CodingGenius

I have my 360 hooked on HDMI and when I was in the old dashboard, My screen was in regular widescreen but now when i got the new update my screen went from wide to just full...? The worst part is I also lost my audio...? Whats going on? Im just using the audio of my HDTV, no surround sounds....

Should I unplug my HDMI cable out from the system and put it back in or what?

cotton1229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cotton1229
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

Try to unplug the HDMI and reset the settings..I think it says something about factory settings. Then Turn it off. Plug everything back in accordingly and restart, then start over as if the machine was brand new.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts
No problems here, everything works perfects!
Game__Raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Game__Raider
Member since 2006 • 4619 Posts
After NXE I will play a game for a few hours when suddenly it shuts off. No questions asked, it just shuts off and doesnt turn back on until a few hours later. I have no clue whats wrong. I just sent it in a few months ago for repairs. Help?
Killacentral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Killacentral
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Is it possible for me to watch Netflix movies with my friends even though Im not a Netflix member?
Avatar image for H3ARTofDARKN3SS
H3ARTofDARKN3SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 H3ARTofDARKN3SS
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

NXE is great and the installing to HDD is awesome, F3 runs so much faster now. Avatars are well done and more optoins to come soon. One weird thing though is that now before signing in the profile, I have to enter my Live  passcode twice in a row, whereas the old dash only asked me once. Is this a bug or what?

Alucard_Prime
Hey man yeah I know that is really annoying I know I just disabled the damn thing and it seems to work so much better, and I love this NXE I don't know what everyone is crying about its faster and I like how easy everything is to find
DaveDude57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#84 DaveDude57
Member since 2008 • 1304 Posts
I kind of hate Avatars, they so childish, and like someone else said, I would rather the dashboard start at My Xbox, rather than Spotlight.
The_Law188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 The_Law188
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
My 360 just stopped reading discs all of a sudden after I downloaded the update... Won't read games or DVDs... I'm pretty pissed right now and can't find anything else to blame other than the **** update... Great job again Microf@gs!!!
The_Law188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 The_Law188
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
And yes I know that the updates change your settings on whether or not you want the disc to play on startup or not... This has nothing to do with that...
Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts

It banned me as soon as i downloaded it. Now i have to use an alternate account til december 3rd. Also, the avatars are terrible. Why did MS blatantly copy the wii? WHY?! I lost so much respect for M$ when i downloaded NXE.

Chris_555_TK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Chris_555_TK
Member since 2007 • 1799 Posts
Aside from going to the "Spotlight" section to activate the photo party, does anyone know how else to find it?
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
Aside from going to the "Spotlight" section to activate the photo party, does anyone know how else to find it?Chris_555_TK
No, but you could just go to the Marketplace via your PC, search for "Photo Party", and queue the download to your 360. Much easier.
Chris_555_TK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Chris_555_TK
Member since 2007 • 1799 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_555_TK"]Aside from going to the "Spotlight" section to activate the photo party, does anyone know how else to find it?atm0073
No, but you could just go to the Marketplace via your PC, search for "Photo Party", and queue the download to your 360. Much easier.

I already downloaded it. I'd just like to use it when I'd like. I know it's in the "Spotlight" section but it's not gonna be there forever. 

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
My 360 just stopped reading discs all of a sudden after I downloaded the update... Won't read games or DVDs... I'm pretty pissed right now and can't find anything else to blame other than the **** update... Great job again Microf@gs!!!The_Law188
What exactly is the problem? does it say "Unplayable Disc" when you put a game in? Or do all your discs freeze when you start them, or will the disc tray not even recognize them at all? Be more specific.
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

the only prob for me is that some themes dont display properly and once when i was signed in and went to view how my download of a demo was progressing it said i had to be signed in to see and i was signed in.

as for avatars i like them. i heard you could get outfits from games for them. yes they are a bit of a copy from the wii but they are new to the 360 and might evolve slightly. give MS a chance to get the system working properly and then judge.

but i cant see why so many people hate it

bobobomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 bobobomarley
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I played online with some friends the Night before launch, but ever since the NXE I can't join parties and can't voice chat Private or any other kind. I basically can't play anything online. It says there's a connection fail. So I tested my connection and it was strong. I used the same connection for 2 years now and played online without any mishaps. Now I can't join anything online without it failing and kicking me back. Anyone have any Info on this? Anyone had this happen to them?

Plus My Video quality is horrid for NETFLIX! I use the same Connection for my Computer and the Quality is great then I hook it to the Xbox and it s one big blur once the movie starts? Is there a setting I need to change or is something else? Any help would be appreciated.

cotton1229

Basically the same thing happens to me. Happened a couple weeks before NXE's release and i could still connect to several friends, but as the days have gone by ive began to be able to connect to less and less people. Now i can barely play with my friends anymore.

wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
[QUOTE="ricefarmer101"]I DL'd the NXE last night... today I got my first RRoD...XD4NTESINF3RNOX
are u serious dude that sux sorry to hear about that :(

i think hes lyin
Avatar image for H3ARTofDARKN3SS
H3ARTofDARKN3SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 H3ARTofDARKN3SS
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

Wow all I have seen on this thread is complaints, I have been waiting for the NXE for months, and I love it I installed it with no problem, I have been playing games on it like Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, and I have ha NO problems with the NXE AT ALL !!!.  I think that it runs faster in general, and you can disable the spotlight channel if you acctually spent the time and looked at what the options are instead of just looking vagually then complainging that you can't find it, yes it's going to take a while to find stuff thats why its called the "NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE" because it's new I kindof like the Avatars my girlfriend loves it she feels like she can accually do something now, she can accually use this one better than the last one.  I also like when you hit the menu button and there is no lag at all, my downloads download faster and over all I really like it

Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

QUOTE="pooolk"]how can i play the disc automatically? without pressing a in the dashboard every time a turn on my xbox

I think the answer to your question may be to go to system settings, then console settings, choose autostart and enable it...it's probably disabled right now, that's the only thing I can think of. Now the game will start automatically if it's in the tray every time you turn on the xbox.

Ok guys I have an achievement whore complaint. I deleted PDZ from my achievement list since I had 0 gamerscore for it, yet it still shows up on mygamercard.net. Does anyone know what's up with this? this is the only complaint I have since I wanted to see my percentage go up a bit but PDZ is still chilling on my list of games at mygamercard.net and yes I was online when I deleted it. Please don't tell me it will not be removed from that site cause that's the only reason I am deleting 0 gamerscore games.

Jaymon1o1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jaymon1o1
Member since 2006 • 193 Posts
The only blades on my dashboard are friends and my xbox every time i log in i get a xbox live services are temporarily unavailable i can talk to people and play online but no marketplace, also all my friends gamerpics arent right, every time i check my friend list they all change and go in order of picture bunny, skull, soccerball repeat then i check it again and everyones pic has changed again
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Here are my minor problems with NXE, so minor I can overlook them:

Anyway, I don't like how you could only see like the top half of your regular themes.  I had the Bom Chicka Wah Wah girls on mines for the longest, and now I can only see their faces instead of the whole body.  Oh well.   Hopefully they'll provide more free Premium Themes.

Another minor complaint is not being able to change color of clothing and not being able to wear the opposite sex clothes lol.  Anyway, that's about it, maybe in the next update we'll get more options and content.

Avatar image for CrazyGamr_basic
CrazyGamr_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 CrazyGamr_basic
Member since 2003 • 3068 Posts
I keep denying the update cause of all of the problems I hear. Should I keep waiting? Opinions please.