New things i'd like my 360 to have, in a dash update.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
MSN, a feedback facility to send feedback to MS, Full screen mode for vid chat, game reveiw section online so we can rate the games we own for people to see, an online part-ex facility (region specific), MS hosted online competitions with MP or content as prizes. These are some of the things i think would be cool. Do you agree or not and what things would you guys like to see added in an update.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 the1stmoonfly
And maybe the option to have more than one person in private chat, and the ability to have a small cam feed running for people in private chat, like you get on games like uno, this window could run in the corner of games your playing as well, this would be cool.
Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
all that stuff yu just listed i would love to c
KoNtRa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 KoNtRa_
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
Theres no point for Web Browsers, would you like to waste 5 minutes trying to type www.gamespot.com on a 360 controller, I think not. However the topic poster has got some cool ideas. I would love to so MP tournaments.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Theres no point for Web Browsers, would you like to waste 5 minutes trying to type www.gamespot.com on a 360 controller, I think not. However the topic poster has got some cool ideas. I would love to so MP tournaments.crazymunda6
its still nice to have, better to have it then not to have it and yes the topic creater has really cool stuff that are possible but we will see in the next update
Avatar image for dragonslayerssj
dragonslayerssj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragonslayerssj
Member since 2003 • 1974 Posts

i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol KoNtRa_

either hook up your computer to your TV or go buy a Wii... i wouldnt want a web browser on the 360 personally. Then everyone would be sending in their consoles because of viruses or some crap like that...

xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#8 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts
Improved Media functionality. I would like a news tab, and a weather tab added to the video section. First thing I do when I get home from work, is turn on the 360 and see who is online. It would be more convenient to have updated weather and news on my 360. Microsoft wants the 360 to be the center of attention in the living room, this is something that will help. Web Browser? Na, not needed on a console.
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

[QUOTE="KoNtRa_"]i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol dragonslayerssj

either hook up your computer to your TV or go buy a Wii... i wouldnt want a web browser on the 360 personally. Then everyone would be sending in their consoles because of viruses or some crap like that...

Kind of impossible cause the 360 harddrive doesnt allow virus to save onto it. Because the hardrive is configured to be FA23. THerfore anything that saves on it that hasnt been configured to FA23 will fail to try to hit the 360 with a worm or virus, However it isnt wouldnt be hard for a hacker to know this info and make a new virus.
ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

And maybe the option to have more than one person in private chat, and the ability to have a small cam feed running for people in private chat, like you get on games like uno, this window could run in the corner of games your playing as well, this would be cool.the1stmoonfly

I want the option of more than 2 ppl in private chat aswel. silly that its not already in.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
remember the 360 supports the key board\
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonslayerssj"]

[QUOTE="KoNtRa_"]i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol crazymunda6

Kind of impossible cause the 360 harddrive doesnt allow virus to save onto it. Because the hardrive is configured to be FA23. THerfore anything that saves on it that hasnt been configured to FA23 will fail to try to hit the 360 with a worm or virus, However it isnt wouldnt be hard for a hacker to know this info and make a new virus.

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is, just about any LCD or Plasma that isn't a total piece of crap has the ability to be used as a PC monitor these days, so if browsing the web on your TV is important, it's a simple solution. 

As far as viruses go, it may be fairly bulletproof now, but don't doubt for a second, that if the 360 allowed full access to the web, that within a matter of hours, hackers and others would start to find ways to corrupt the 360, nothing is hacker proof, nothing. 

Avatar image for Palatinesknight
Palatinesknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Palatinesknight
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Great ideas. I dont like the idea of web browsing. I dont really see the point, my LCD serves as a monitor for my comp too so a click of a button, im already using the web. It will also take forever to type in as example www.gamestop.com. Having more than one in private chat is a great idea. :D Id like to see them add maybe a MSN or an AIM. That would be SWEET. 
xtrailer188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xtrailer188
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Divx support. It's been lacking for too long.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the1stmoonfly
Another thing with the web browser is that its hard enough getting the tv to myself as it is, other people want to use things i the house so when im gaming she goes on the pc, she would go mad if i was on the net in the living room when we have a pc in the house, which is better suited to the task anyway.
viper3885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 viper3885
Member since 2006 • 531 Posts
I'd like a lot of what you guys said above. I would also like them to add the option for 1366x768 with vga cables since that's my tv's native resolution, and 1360x768 doesn't fit quite perfectly.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="crazymunda6"][QUOTE="dragonslayerssj"]

[QUOTE="KoNtRa_"]i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol Schumi7WDC

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is, just about any LCD or Plasma that isn't a total piece of crap has the ability to be used as a PC monitor these days, so if browsing the web on your TV is important, it's a simple solution. 

As far as viruses go, it may be fairly bulletproof now, but don't doubt for a second, that if the 360 allowed full access to the web, that within a matter of hours, hackers and others would start to find ways to corrupt the 360, nothing is hacker proof, nothing. 

Seriously, if some of these folks can hack into systems used by the Pentagon, you think that they wouldn't be able to figure out loopholes in the 360? lol.

Anyway, with the next dash update I'd like to see support for a wider variety of video formats -- specifically, AVI and MPG. Not MOV, though. People need to stop encouraging Quicktime.

I'd also like to see the demos I've played removed from my "Achievements" list. Given that they were demos, there's no way I could have gotten achievements in them and should not be counted towards my final average... more importantly, it's just more garbage to scroll through when I'm trying to find a game. I've downloaded nearly every XBLA trial game so it's a long list now. Nitpicking but still... MS's attention to detail has been pretty meticulous elsewhere. Might as well keep that up.

The ability to have a longer motto. It's silly, but still. If you're going to say you have a feature, make it work. That's not enough characters to say anything other than "I PWN YOU!" or "NO FAT CHICKS".

I'd like the ability to create my own gamerpics (without a camera and to be viewed by EVERY one). I understand why they don't do this, though, and we'll probably never see that come to pass.

Also -- this has to do more with Marketplace than the dash I guess -- but when you go to New Releases and see your favorite game and click on it. It says a new theme is available. Then you remember that you forgot to download a map pack that was available, but you've got to go back and find All Games instead of New Content and scroll through everything and find it. Here's what the should do. When you go to the New Content section and select your game and they only show a theme pack and gamer pic? "Hit Y to show all content." Boom, baby. You hit a button and it shows all the available downloads. Much easier to navigate.

kill-me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kill-me
Member since 2006 • 150 Posts
Video Mail, Web Browser, Team  Account, and Three Wishes.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Redoing the music player so we can see album art would be cool (I know alot of my albums by cover art then their name). Also when you select a genre it shows a list of songs in that genre in alpha order, I would prefer it to show a list of artists in that genre in alpha order.
A large and regular screen setting for the dashboard (and possibly games), depending on which setting you choose it optimizes font sizes and what not. Could be implemented into games as well (smaller HUDS for Big screen users, Larger and easier to Read HUDS for small screen users). Dead Rising anyone?
Have the marketplace remember what you look at so if its new to you it says "New Release". This would be great for the New Release section. Or it could just Highlight stuff better that you have never seen.
I would like a universal game volume control, sometimes I like to hear voice chat out of my speakers (specificaly if I have friends around me that what to hear what the friend on the other end is saying) but every games volume overpowers people voice, if I could lower gamevolume universally it would solve that problem. They already got the universal difficulty and car transmission settings.
Tom1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tom1243
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
I like those ideas.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the1stmoonfly
Video Mail, Web Browser, Team  Account, and Three Wishes.kill-me
Vid mail would be cool, but maybe a bit open too abuse, if they did it then it would probably only work for freinds. I would also like to see a section on your freinds list for a universal clan, not all online games cater for clans properly and a universal clan option would solve this and give the devs a break.
snowden75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snowden75
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts
Ability to customize content like RSS feeds from my PC that would show up on the 360 dash.  Also fav. sports teams, stocks, etc.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Anybody know if there is a thread on xbox.com for customer feedback so MS can see these requests?
jkennedy791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jkennedy791
Member since 2003 • 131 Posts
I've always been down for the party chat but the other day I was thinking why they don't have this already. Imagine playing GeOW when the other team is all on party chat. When one person dies they all tell thier team where everyone is. I guess they could make it where you couldn't use party chat while in a game... One thing I'd like to see is the ability to put personal pics on all the blades, not just one pic for all 4 blades.
zaber1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zaber1313
Member since 2005 • 613 Posts

[QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"]And maybe the option to have more than one person in private chat, and the ability to have a small cam feed running for people in private chat, like you get on games like uno, this window could run in the corner of games your playing as well, this would be cool.ajames_123

I want the option of more than 2 ppl in private chat aswel. silly that its not already in.

Yeah i agree with that one!
bossyj1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bossyj1234
Member since 2003 • 1099 Posts
I'd like to see MSN integrated as well. I use my LCD monitor for my Xbox360, I don't have an HD television. It's annoying having to choose between keeping in touch with friends, or playing games on my 360...
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the1stmoonfly
I've always been down for the party chat but the other day I was thinking why they don't have this already. Imagine playing GeOW when the other team is all on party chat. When one person dies they all tell thier team where everyone is. I guess they could make it where you couldn't use party chat while in a game... One thing I'd like to see is the ability to put personal pics on all the blades, not just one pic for all 4 blades.jkennedy791
The blades thing should be there, and you should be able to get proper screen savers, i have a plasma so it would be especially usefull for me. As for the psrty chat issue you raise, it wouldnt be a problem bacause you have the choice to accept or deny chat invites.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the1stmoonfly
Anybody know if there is a thread on xbox.com for customer feedback so MS can see these requests? WillT12345
There is a support e-mail you can use, but its not like a forum thread or anything, its more for reporting problems, they would just ignore feedback suggestions.
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
there's a lot of great ideas here, except the web browser :P, that's why we all have computers.  web browsers in consoles are completely unnecessary.  when i used to have a PSP the web browser was the last thing on my mind lol.
Avatar image for L1V1NGSACR1F1CE
L1V1NGSACR1F1CE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 L1V1NGSACR1F1CE
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts
speed, i want to be able to browse faster, pick music to play from my mp3 player faster.
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
Great ideas. I dont like the idea of web browsing. I dont really see the point, my LCD serves as a monitor for my comp too so a click of a button, im already using the web. It will also take forever to type in as example www.gamestop.com. Having more than one in private chat is a great idea. :D Id like to see them add maybe a MSN or an AIM. That would be SWEET. Palatinesknight
According to your philosophy, why have MSN or AIM on the 360 when it's easily accessed on the PC, just like a web browser. Who wants to spend the time typing out IMs. =P
thavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thavon
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts
user reviews sound great
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
group chat and being able to use vision camera to take non personal gamer pic
Matt_Tacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Matt_Tacular
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
[QUOTE="WillT12345"]Anybody know if there is a thread on xbox.com for customer feedback so MS can see these requests? the1stmoonfly
There is a support e-mail you can use, but its not like a forum thread or anything, its more for reporting problems, they would just ignore feedback suggestions.

Not if everyone asked "How do I get more than one person in a chat invite?"  They have to answer your question, even if it's "You can't".  I one time asked something to do with the resolutions and the guy said "That's not supported right now, but we sometimes pass along the requests we get to the tech guys." or something along those lines.

But I think the more than one in voice chat would be the coolest. I have two friends in particular that I play with online whenever I'm on, so what the hell.
Rockdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rockdoctor
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts
General achievment point rankings/leaderboards. So many people love the achievment point thing. Be nice to see not just your friends scores but how you rank compared to everyone on XBL.
DuviousKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DuviousKilla
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
MSN on the 360 would be awesome...i'd also like them to integrate support for my songs downloaded from the iTunes store...I'd use one of my 5 authorizations on my 360 if i could, its annoying that i can't listen to my songs i paid for...
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Your points seem reasonable,i personly want moving background themes,like those seen in Windows Vista Ultimate.

Also the abllity to steram flash,quicktime and divx videos instead of just wmv which is a pain in the a** to convert everything into it.

I do not agree on a web browser however as we all have pc's to do that,the better option would be too plug your pc into your t.v.,like i do through thr s-video cable that came with my ATI Radion 9550.

But it still kinda sucks unless you have an HDTV as the text is too small and the refresh rate hurts my eyes if i stair at it for too long,but it's great for watching ful screen youtube videos on my 28" sony wega sdtv.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I see I've already posted in this so I probably brought up the better video format support.

I also think that a "Fast Forward/Rewind" feature is needed for the MP3 player.

And they should implement a VOIP-style service... not to just chat with Xbox users but like telephone. Even if they charged a few bucks extra for it... they'd probably get the "S" sued out of them though by like Vonage and people like that.

alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I like many of the ideas minus the browser, but I'd rather have the option so I wouldn't complain either way.
joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 joslop500
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
Theres no point for Web Browsers, would you like to waste 5 minutes trying to type www.gamespot.com on a 360 controller, I think not. However the topic poster has got some cool ideas. I would love to so MP tournaments.crazymunda6
there would be many uses for a web browser on the 360, i know that everyone is going to say "use your pc" but what about when your computer crashes, or someone else is using it, or when that piece of sh1t just wont work?? that would be a cool time to have a web browser on the 360
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the1stmoonfly
the ability to merge 2 exsiting XBL accounts, i know some people that started with one account then started a new one later on another 360, they want to add they're old acheivements to the new account on XBL but cant.
gta_kid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 gta_kid1
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
Yer good ideas
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="crazymunda6"]Theres no point for Web Browsers, would you like to waste 5 minutes trying to type www.gamespot.com on a 360 controller, I think not. However the topic poster has got some cool ideas. I would love to so MP tournaments.raylewisnfl52
its still nice to have, better to have it then not to have it and yes the topic creater has really cool stuff that are possible but we will see in the next update

I think a web browser is the worst idea. i know the ps3 has one but how many people actually use it? Everyone has a PC. What i would like is to be able to stream other video formats but i know that will never happen.
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
A browser + the things u listed would make the 360 the best console ever
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
- game reveiw section online so we can rate the games we own for people to see -MS hosted online competitions with MP or content as prizes. I like those two ideas. I think both would be easy to implement.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the1stmoonfly
Just thought of something else, how about an age filter so you dont end up playing with kids on xbl if you dont want to, we all have to put our age details in when we sign up so it shouldnt be to hard to add.
aliens1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 aliens1234
Member since 2004 • 2932 Posts
Customisable themes - i.e. make your own instead of paying.
A general passkey that can be enabled to just stop unwanted use of the machine in its enirety.
Keyboard and Mouse support.
Personal gamer pics taken with camera become public if you want.
Region unblocking for DVDs.
Live Messenger.
Grouping sytstem for contacts.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 the1stmoonfly
Customisable themes - i.e. make your own instead of paying.
A general passkey that can be enabled to just stop unwanted use of the machine in its enirety.
Keyboard and Mouse support.
Personal gamer pics taken with camera become public if you want.
Region unblocking for DVDs.
Live Messenger.
Grouping sytstem for contacts.
aliens1234
It does have keyboard support, just get usb devices and plug em in, i know for a fact they wont let personal pics go public though. And region unblocking is never going to happen, HD dvd's are not region coced though. The grouping system is a top idea though.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts
one thing that i thought they should do is allow you to have a "favorite friends" section which would be at the top of your friends list.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 the1stmoonfly
How about the ability to swap or give microsoft points to people on your freinds list, that way you could give gifts or do swap for info or even put a neat little bet on games on xbl, i think that would be cool.