New things i'd like my 360 to have, in a dash update.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_SandRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 The_SandRock
Member since 2004 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="crazymunda6"]Theres no point for Web Browsers, would you like to waste 5 minutes trying to type www.gamespot.com on a 360 controller, I think not. However the topic poster has got some cool ideas. I would love to so MP tournaments.raylewisnfl52
its still nice to have, better to have it then not to have it and yes the topic creater has really cool stuff that are possible but we will see in the next update

MS won't put a web browser on 360, they want to keep XBL a secure network.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#52 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
The idea about having your ratings for games would be sweet :D
I also want to be able to have 200 people on my friends list instead of 100 :P
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#53 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Web Browser, better uses for the webcam, a way to read news on the 360 itself.
ChocOPuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ChocOPuffS
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Having a video chat running in the corner while im playing would be awesome and especialy having the ability to have a chat with more than one guy,,:)
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#55 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I'd like to be able to turn off custom soundtracks and return to the ingame soundtrack when you stop streaming your own music. Once you use custom music, it never goes back to the in-game music. But this isn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
I'd like to be able to turn off custom soundtracks and return to the ingame soundtrack when you stop streaming your own music. Once you use custom music, it never goes back to the in-game music. But this isn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance.donalbane
whenever i stop streaming it does go back to the in game music, if its not doing try opening the blade and pressing stop on the music keypad, or pressing x to return music control to the game from the music menu.
Brian_Blessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Brian_Blessed
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
i'd like it to tell you what game you have in the machine along the bottom when it gives you the option to play the disc thats in. it changes and says dvd when theres a film in it.  for example i'd like it to say play "gears of war" instead of just play, that way i wouldnt have to keep opening it up to see what game i have in there and then decide whether i want to play it.

what a simple life i lead!
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 the1stmoonfly
i agree with this one
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I want to have chat rooms instead of lines and the abilty to play AVI etc through Windows Media Centre.
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
Boards for every 360 game where you can post specific questions like you can here. Basically make the forums over at xbox.com work on the 360 as well and attach the actual game disk to the game board. Then when your in game and are stuck or want to find other people for a specific game you can hit the guide button and select jump to the forum. Ask the question you want to ask and jump back to you game. Just thought of the idea, not sure how used it would be but it sounds cool in theory.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 the1stmoonfly
and the ability to delete muliple messages in your inbox by using the checkbox system, maybe i moan to much, but one delete at a time is a pian, especially on the pc
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
being able to screenshot the screen and send pics to others like that beign able to record a small 10 second or so message for your profile
druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
if their was web browser support then a usb mouse support
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 the1stmoonfly
how about an animated avatar, like a gif image or something too
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
Man - to the topic creator, you surely have some awesome ideas. We can only hope that MS will release even half of those.

:D
druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
and video themes
kompl3t3likwiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kompl3t3likwiD
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
how about a eject option instead of walking over to my 360 and pressing it kk thanks
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 the1stmoonfly
it would be nice if you could link your email accounts to the 360 too, though i dont think this will ever happen.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the1stmoonfly
and a game invite blocker you can turn on and off.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
More than 1 person in a private chat would screw games over. In games where you die and can't talk to your teammates but can still spectate for example. Everyone on your team would just be in the private chat talking to your unfairly.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
i wish we had a web browser, it would be really cool to surf the net on my fully sick 32" LCD tv lol KoNtRa_
what would be the point of owning a computer then if it had a web browser
WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
A whole new tier of Live service for MMOs for the games coming out soon like Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Huxley, Marvel Universe Online, APB, and Im sure others (two worlds I think will have a MMO component as well). If MS could set up and run their own servers for MMOs it would help everyone. MS would make money in the long run on the service but at the same time one service for all games would cut costs for every one. The developers would not have to buy , maintain and run the servers. We would benifit cause it would be one fee to play any MMO, not $15 to play huxley and another $15 for Conan, plus with what seems to be a steady stream of MMOs in the pipeline one month you could try Conan, and in 2 months you can switch to Huxley. MS would also benifit cause it would have a premium MMO service like no other. We could pay an additional 5 to 15 bucks for a general MMO service. Of course upgrading live to cover MMOs for free is welcome as well, just not very likely cause of the cost to run.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
I'd like a lot of what you guys said above. I would also like them to add the option for 1366x768 with vga cables since that's my tv's native resolution, and 1360x768 doesn't fit quite perfectly.viper3885
I want a 1600x1200 resolution, 'cause right now I have to use 1280x1024.
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
That community review thing would be pretty cool.  It would be cool to see the average user review score so you can decide on a buying a game.  It would be better than it is here since only people that have played the game would be able to review it.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 the1stmoonfly
A whole new tier of Live service for MMOs for the games coming out soon like Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, Huxley, Marvel Universe Online, APB, and Im sure others (two worlds I think will have a MMO component as well). If MS could set up and run their own servers for MMOs it would help everyone. MS would make money in the long run on the service but at the same time one service for all games would cut costs for every one. The developers would not have to buy , maintain and run the servers. We would benifit cause it would be one fee to play any MMO, not $15 to play huxley and another $15 for Conan, plus with what seems to be a steady stream of MMOs in the pipeline one month you could try Conan, and in 2 months you can switch to Huxley. MS would also benifit cause it would have a premium MMO service like no other. We could pay an additional 5 to 15 bucks for a general MMO service. Of course upgrading live to cover MMOs for free is welcome as well, just not very likely cause of the cost to run.WillT12345
This is a quality idea, the devs win because they dont have to bother running servers, MS win because they get the premium fee for running the servers and we would win because you could play all the MMO's for a single monthly fee. Only gripe is that DEVs would have to upload new content to microsoft and let them control it but i cant see that being a major issue to overcome.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the1stmoonfly
More than 1 person in a private chat would screw games over. In games where you die and can't talk to your teammates but can still spectate for example. Everyone on your team would just be in the private chat talking to your unfairly.david60639
I see where your coming from with this but so far only rainbow 6 and GRAW i think does this and its not that big an issue, also games like battlefield were the voice chat is all snafu it would solve the problem by letting the 360 handle the chat instead of the game. Sometimes when a few mates are online and you trying to arrange a match you have to keep switching channels to talk to them, a universal invite and conference would be alot better and if games like uno can have 4 video chats going at once why cant the dash version. I dont see why games stop you talking when your dead, i see why they did it but is it really that serious, and you can only see what the player sees anyway.
DeathgripZeR0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DeathgripZeR0
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Here are some of my ideas in no particular order:

• Ability to sort movies/videos by cost
  • 3-4 way private chat
  • Close the disk tray from dashboard (can open but not close.. weird enough)
  • Ability to sort Live Arcade games by: cost/user rating/downloads per week or month
  • Ability to "poke" people to show them you are online and ready for a match.. im sick of my friends not seeing my come online then typing a long message to them asking for a spot in a R6:V match.  Maybe when you select Poke or Hint This Person, you could get a list of available games/options to send in your poke.  kinda like auto texts
someone should make a master list of all these ideas
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 the1stmoonfly
you could have these, what ya/we doing? Invite me? Join my game Hows that new game? Shall we play _______? I think it would be cool if the chat host could stream his music to the rest of the group too, or users be able to sream music over some games like uno, this function would have o be added to games though.
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
DivX / Xvid codec support! and maybe a torrent browser :-)
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 the1stmoonfly

Well, in goes msn then, just hope MS go through the rest of this list. I think i'll take credit for this one thanks.

*pats self on back* :)

reddwarf_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 reddwarf_30
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts

ability to open and close tray using controller.

Also i want to be able to see the download speed during the downloads, and also download more than 1 file at a time 

asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts
The ability to delete trial game played from my gamertag.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 the1stmoonfly
you can delete trial games, and i dont see the point of opening the tray with the controller, opening it by accident during a game when your trying to reply to a message would be a nightmare, and if your changing game you have to get up anyway, having failed that just use the remote, i have one and you can open and shut the tray, and change tracks when your listening to your own music in a game without accessing the menus, which is v.cool.
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

I'd like a lot of what you guys said above. I would also like them to add the option for 1366x768 with vga cables since that's my tv's native resolution, and 1360x768 doesn't fit quite perfectly.viper3885

Yeah i have the same problem, the picture does'nt cover the whole screen i get a black bar on the right and on the top.. 

Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

how about a eject option instead of walking over to my 360 and pressing it kk thankskompl3t3likwiD

.............but you'd have to walk over to the xbox to change the game anyway? 

GameFace06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86 GameFace06
Member since 2005 • 1272 Posts
A web browser , FastF and ReW when playing music,and more then one person in private chat about 8 ppl.
jak360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 jak360
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts

As far as things go I want more variety of music ,then able to show off the album covers. another nice addition is to able to private chat with at least 2 people, have to download content while playing you're games and have to be a leader board on xbox live to show off you're friends gamerscore to the rest of the world Thats a feature I wanted ever since I got an xbox.

I hope to hear other great ideas with you :P 

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the1stmoonfly
read through the pages, all your ideas are already there, and many more
tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

[QUOTE="kompl3t3likwiD"]how about a eject option instead of walking over to my 360 and pressing it kk thanksChack1598

.............but you'd have to walk over to the xbox to change the game anyway? 

L0L

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"]I'd like to be able to turn off custom soundtracks and return to the ingame soundtrack when you stop streaming your own music. Once you use custom music, it never goes back to the in-game music. But this isn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance.the1stmoonfly
whenever i stop streaming it does go back to the in game music, if its not doing try opening the blade and pressing stop on the music keypad, or pressing x to return music control to the game from the music menu.

Seems like it's only a problem in some games... Tomb Raider, for example, doesn't go back to the main music.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 donalbane
[QUOTE="donalbane"]I'd like to be able to turn off custom soundtracks and return to the ingame soundtrack when you stop streaming your own music. Once you use custom music, it never goes back to the in-game music. But this isn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance.the1stmoonfly

Seems like it's only a problem in some games... Tomb Raider, for example, doesn't go back to the main music.
sundown19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sundown19
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts
I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but I'd like to be able to copy all of the music on my computer to the 360's hard drive...streaming is not good enough.  I'd also like it if the first blade that came up wasn't Live...is there any way for me to change that?