most overrated game in 360??

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 eicole
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

most overrated game in 360??

i think its GTA IV!!!

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 grumpyyoungman
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts
halo 3 yeah thats right flamers....bring it! halo 3 is a 3/5 stars game.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
gears of war 1 and 2 there good games but not great ones
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

To me, it's Fable II. It was a good game, but IMO the first was a lot better.

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

halo 3. the multiplayer is fun but it gets boring fast, and for some reason I've always thought it was sort of an ugly looking game. the environments are boring. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, but it's nothing incredible.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grumpyyoungman

halo 3. the multiplayer is fun but it gets boring fast, and for some reason I've always thought it was sort of an ugly looking game. the environments are boring. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, but it's nothing incredible.

KA12NAG3
couldnt have said it better myself.
cooper_che14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cooper_che14
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

over rated?? hmmmm.I think gamespot will never make fake ratings. :)

BuRnKiSs88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BuRnKiSs88
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I completely agree. Don't get me wrong GTA IV was a good game but it was really hyped and it was not that great. I could be wrong but maybe its a a GTA so it was popular :\

Eclipse-015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eclipse-015
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts

GTA or Halo 3 neither of them are that great.

TheTrooper45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheTrooper45
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
gta, halo, and gears
Sniper_Cailan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sniper_Cailan
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts

halo 3 by far. story was too easy andmultiplayer was full of hackers. a really let down if you ask me

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#12 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

It seems like Halo 3 gets the most votes for this but I don't think so. The multiplayer is fun and the campaign is good too. Although I haven't played GTA IV, I got to believe it is that. I really doubt it is a 10 out of 10 game. I had played the prior one and there is no way that was even close and from what I have heard the latest is not much different.

But for games I have played, Mass Effect for me. In fact I think it was hyped so much that I was let down when I played it. It is not a terrible game but don't see why so many people think it is so great.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

halo 3 by far. story was too easy andmultiplayer was full of hackers. a really let down if you ask me

Sniper_Cailan
Out of curiosity. What do these hackers do to make you think they are hacking a game?
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
Resident Evil 5. The controls are so busted on these games it's not even funny. The controls were passable 5 years ago but not today.
SparkeyMark86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#15 SparkeyMark86
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts

I think its mostly GTA 4 but still good fun but definitely not a 10-10 game I would gave it a 9. My 2nd pick I think is overrated is Fable 2.

Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts

I will say Gears of War 2.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 grumpyyoungman
Resident Evil 5. The controls are so busted on these games it's not even funny. The controls were passable 5 years ago but not today.xxxMoreBeerxxx
while i agree that res evil 5 was a let down...it wasnt really hyped all that much as the grestest game on the 360. several reviews said that the game was just OK (thats what i thought). but with halo 3, every reviewer was proclaiming that the game was the best ever on the 360, blah blah blah. meh....mediocre game that was made famous by the first halo.
cooper_che14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cooper_che14
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

resident evil 5.. i'll give it a 7.5

and gears of war.. boring war game.. 7.0

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

How original of you TC to make this topic... I think we all get the picture...All the top selling games are overrated right ! make a topic that hasn't ben done a hundred times before lol.:roll:

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"]Resident Evil 5. The controls are so busted on these games it's not even funny. The controls were passable 5 years ago but not today.grumpyyoungman
while i agree that res evil 5 was a let down...it wasnt really hyped all that much as the grestest game on the 360. several reviews said that the game was just OK (thats what i thought). but with halo 3, every reviewer was proclaiming that the game was the best ever on the 360, blah blah blah. meh....mediocre game that was made famous by the first halo.

Ok we get it. You don't like Halo 3.
grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 grumpyyoungman
[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="xxxMoreBeerxxx"]Resident Evil 5. The controls are so busted on these games it's not even funny. The controls were passable 5 years ago but not today.RoslindaleOne

not sure if i mentioned it or not, but i think halo 3 is most overrated. just in case you missed it.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"] while i agree that res evil 5 was a let down...it wasnt really hyped all that much as the grestest game on the 360. several reviews said that the game was just OK (thats what i thought). but with halo 3, every reviewer was proclaiming that the game was the best ever on the 360, blah blah blah. meh....mediocre game that was made famous by the first halo.grumpyyoungman

not sure if i mentioned it or not, but i think halo 3 is most overrated. just in case you missed it.

It is overrated, but you don't see me saying it 4 times.

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 grumpyyoungman

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"] Ok we get it. You don't like Halo 3. RoslindaleOne

no i dont, thank you for being so polite and minimalistic. its a forum, chill dude.
wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

halo 3 for sure!!!!!!!!

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"]halo 3 yeah thats right flamers....bring it! halo 3 is a 3/5 stars game.

I tend to agree with this. Halo 3 was fun, but it wasn't worthy of a 9/10 imho
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"] not sure if i mentioned it or not, but i think halo 3 is most overrated. just in case you missed it.grumpyyoungman

no i dont, thank you for being so polite and minimalistic. its a forum, chill dude.

I'm fine but you seem grumpy. :lol:
grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 grumpyyoungman
I'm fine but you seem grumpy. :lol:RoslindaleOne
BINGO! :-)
roachtbp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 roachtbp
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think Oblivion is overrated. The graphics are great, but the gameplay is pretty weak. Fallout 3 on the other hand is freaking AWESOME!!!!
Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts

I find games like Bioshock absolutely useless since they have no multiplayer.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#30 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
[QUOTE="Sniper_Cailan"]

RoslindaleOne
Out of curiosity. What do these hackers do to make you think they are hacking a game?

They're beating him which would be impossible if they played legitimately!!! The proof is in your pudding, sir.
moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Oblivion
grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 grumpyyoungman
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="Sniper_Cailan"]

vashkey

They're beating him which would be impossible if they played legitimately!!! The proof is in your pudding, sir.

mmmm...puuuuddding.
tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Pretty much the entire Guitar Hero/Rock Band series, yeah it's fun. Definatly not as amazing as people think it is and does not warrant the amount of sequels and attention it gets.

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
Easily GTA 4
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

gta4

twobad4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 twobad4u
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts

For me it was Gears. it's just ok .

Avatar image for deactivated-64efdf49333c4
deactivated-64efdf49333c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 deactivated-64efdf49333c4
Member since 2004 • 21783 Posts

Since I find the majority of Halo 3 criticism is based around subjectiveopinions-it being a comic-bookish fantasy game and non-realistic, and I know there are a lot of diehard FPS fans who are soldiers and want to see accurate depictions of the battles they have fought-I simply can't accept that criticism. It's a super fun game with a super great following. If you don't like sci-fi, keep quiet. It's not a good reason to bash a game. The rest of the criticism can be solved by taking a little trip into Halo 3's options menu.

Now, GTA, and the series in general...now that's where we can find some objective criticisms. I simply don't understand why people find this game fun. You spend the vast majority of time just driving around, the "side quests" in the games are real life things you should be doing with a real person, the controls are atrocious and there are a bajillion things to remember, the text was tiny and hard to see, gun battles play like a broken and unresponsive version of Resident Evil, and there are many other games that do the same things, in the same settings and multi-player options, so much better.

GTA 4 over rated? Big time. Bad game? I wouldn't say that, but it sure as hell isn't a 10/10. I'd give it a 7; an 8 at the very best.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Fable 2... game is complete garbage and I have no idea how anyone can even like it.

alexbaricco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 alexbaricco
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

'Hail to the Chimp' was over-praised IMHO. It should have received even worse reviews than it got.

These debates on what's the most unfairly hyped game always devolve into inescapably subjective to-and-fro discussions. The term 'overrated' can be helpful, but 'most overrated'? No.

And for the record, there's no way in hell GTA IV is a 10/10. It's a 9.5/10 -shootouts were finicky to control at times.

TRAMADOLIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 TRAMADOLIAN
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Fallout3 . love the idea but the game went way too SCI-FI for me . and everything in the game is ugly . vegitation would returnin only a few years after a nuclear fallout

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11943 Posts

GTA or Halo 3 neither of them are that great.

Eclipse-015
Awesome, my two favorite games of this generation. I guess we all have an opinion.
PROvY17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PROvY17
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Halo 3.

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts

Sniper_Cailan

says the man with Kratos for an avatar, and nothing but ps3/wii games in his profile... man people need to learn, if youre a fanboy, you are a fanboy and people can read your profile. at least put a few 360 games on your list to throw people off.. geese, seriously, it seems ps3 fanboys spend more time in the xbox forums than playing games.. real cool

dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="grumpyyoungman"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

not sure if i mentioned it or not, but i think halo 3 is most overrated. just in case you missed it.grumpyyoungman

this also coming from a "grumpyyoungman" who's profile also lists that he OWNS Bionic Commando.. ahahahaha yeah, halo3 sucks as much as you say.. LOOK AT THE GAMES IN YOUR PROFILE!! HAHAA for the record i agree halo 3 was over rated.. but i think people get on the underdog wagon and bash halo because its so popular.. makes alot of sense since most of the sheeple on gamespot forums seem to be trying very hard to go against the status-quo.. seriously though, there are waaaaaaay worse games than halo and gta.. why does everyone hate on these?? maybe its the same reason people hate on the popular people in school... :P
protoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 protoroc
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts
Mass Effect. Character development mostly ends midgame, especially if you picked the singularity path. Game became too monotonous after max singularity and the story wasnt strong enough to warrant pushing throught the tedium.
xJuice_Boxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xJuice_Boxx
Member since 2008 • 244 Posts

Gears of War 2

wowwow27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 wowwow27
Member since 2006 • 257 Posts

ipersonallythought little big planet and granturismo, wait xbox, my bad, i would have to say Mass Effect, but thats a personal preference, never was a trekkie. freak'n Dorks! anyway. XBOX RULES!

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Both Gears of Wars!!! OMG its not that great! I hate when everyone thinks its the only good game out in the world!
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

says the man with Kratos for an avatar, and nothing but ps3/wii games in his profile... man people need to learn, if youre a fanboy, you are a fanboy and people can read your profile. at least put a few 360 games on your list to throw people off.. geese, seriously, it seems ps3 fanboys spend more time in the xbox forums than playing games.. real cool

dRuGGeRnaUt

HA HA I completely agree with you lol...I think all the Wii/PS3 fanboys spend more time on the Xbox 360 forums than anywhere else, it just doesn't make any sence, if you're a Wii/PS3 fanboy why not post in the Wii/PS3 forums ? SMH at you trolls and fanboys who post in rival forums.:lol: