Im considering buing the 360... but i need a really good reason.

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 llamanu
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I mean I know Xbox360 has great graphics, and some amazing games, along with amazing online play for those games. But I don't have an HDTV so the graphics would be hardly noticable. So if you guys could tell me some reasons to get one ill gladly listen.
Zandeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Zandeus
Member since 2006 • 3124 Posts
Do it!  Cuz i said so!
HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
i don't have a HDTV either and i'm getting the elite, i mean yea you might not see the graphics at their best, but you'll still see the graphics and their beauty nonetheless. trust me not having a HDTV shouldn't hold you back from getting this thing.
llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 llamanu
ya i no its just that im conidering a ps3 also
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
I mean I know Xbox360 has great graphics, and some amazing games, along with amazing online play for those games. But I don't have an HDTV so the graphics would be hardly noticable. So if you guys could tell me some reasons to get one ill gladly listen.llamanu
Haven't you kind of answered your own question ... Great graphics ....check Amazing games....check Amazing online play....check What else do you need an ability to microwave a chicken in 10 minutes or something??
llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 llamanu
lol but idk wut i want, its more like im wonderin if its better than ps3
okristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 okristian
Member since 2004 • 2177 Posts
Take that to system wars...
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

lol but idk wut i want, its more like im wonderin if its better than ps3llamanu

imo it really depends on what you want.. If you really want the blu ray player then go ahead with the PS3, however the upcoming games for the PS3 are already what the 360 has so its really a toss up between getting the 360 for the already brill games that it has or really REALLY wanting the blu ray player because graphically, its not really all that different, if at all. Every review iv seen says "the 360 and PS3 version are practically the same in terms of graphics" ( for a said game).

You will want to save up for an HDTV though dude, nothing beats it. :D, and the games look 100% sharper crisper and clearer with one and enhances your gaming experience 10 fold. Like with Oblivion you'll WANT to explore the worlds just because it looks so gorgeous. 

Either way, your going to get a console and IMHO i would get the 360 because it already has the great games that the PS3 are slowly briinging out over the next few months.  

llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 llamanu
thanks thats some good advice
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

it doesn't support HD DVD without the add on, and you have to pay for online play

but the games on it are really good such as GOW, GRAW, PGR3 and many more

the PS3 has a built in bluray player and a bigger Hard drive, other than that it is inferior to the Xbox 360 

WillT12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WillT12345
Member since 2004 • 3123 Posts
The only opinion on that, that matters, is yours. Look at the game line up and decied. In my eyes the 360 has a much better game lineup, but take a look and decied for yourself.
llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 llamanu
thanks, ill look at the game lineup
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Games like forza 2, burnout 5, mass effect, fable 2, assasins creed, GTA 4, halo 3, brothers in arms blah blah r cumin out..
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts

You want reasons to buy an xbox 360? Well here ill list a lot for you

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p1.html

Go to that link, It shows IGNs top 10 reasons to buy an Xbox 360. Just read that and you will be convinced.

bokoooos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bokoooos
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

Ha, sounds just like me 8 months ago when I thought and thought and thought, which should system should I buy? Iowned a PS2 before the 360, and I chose the 360, Xbox live is where its at for online play, exclusive content and the 360 has better games at the moment. Give the PS3 a year or so to catch up to the 360 game wise, then decide.

Or you can be like me and be completely broke and buy both:lol:

Avatar image for jonathan_rector
jonathan_rector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 jonathan_rector
Member since 2003 • 2734 Posts
You basically answered your own question chief.  I don't have an HD tv either, and the graphics are so, so sweet.
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

Ha, sounds just like me 8 months ago when I thought and thought and thought, which should system should I buy? Iowned a PS2 before the 360, and I chose the 360, Xbox live is where its at for online play, exclusive content and the 360 has better games at the moment. Give the PS3 a year or so to catch up to the 360 game wise, then decide.

Or you can be like me and be completely broke and buy both:lol:

bokoooos

thats a good angle to approach at 

PyroSean30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PyroSean30
Member since 2004 • 400 Posts
I'm buying an Xbox 360 Elite when it come out, just because i love VGs (Plus Xbox probably has a good lineup of games already...)
cdodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cdodder
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts

I mean I know Xbox360 has great graphics, and some amazing games, along with amazing online play for those games. But I don't have an HDTV so the graphics would be hardly noticable. So if you guys could tell me some reasons to get one ill gladly listen.llamanu

It's called Gears of War, now go buy one.

gayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gayguy
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts
I think if you can get only one, definately get a PS3.
LessThanMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LessThanMarcus
Member since 2003 • 655 Posts
buy it if you dont mind it breaking a year down the road
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts
A lot of Xbox and Xbox 360 games have made their way over PC, and vice versa. If you don't have a PC powerful enough to play any of these games, or don't wanna worry about copy protection software such as Starforce, and still want to play these games, then get a 360. Other than that I honestly can't see any reason to buy one.
sonofdabeach2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 sonofdabeach2
Member since 2004 • 182 Posts
I was in the same boat as you till last week when I saw and played the 360 online and offline most fun system I have since I first bought my wii.  PS3 is fun also but the box has the online and the games all fine tuned.  Trust me u won't regret it.
einstein666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 einstein666
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts
GEARS OF WAR!!!!!

that's reason enough.
BorderLivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 BorderLivin
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts

PS3 has nothing on the xbox360

PS3                  Xbox 360

Amazing Games        -                        +

Amazing Graphics      +                        +

Amazing Online Play   -                        +

Get the Picture? Join The True Revolution :P

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11943 Posts
I play my 360 on an SDTV and the graphics look great.  There are multiple great games out for the 360 right now.  My three favorite are FNR3, Hitman and GeoW.
Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
Games!
llamanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 llamanu
Wow! I got a lot more replys than i thought! thanks for all your help. Im leaning towards the xbox 360 now.:D
Flexiable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Flexiable
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts
Why are we all sitting around giving him reasons to buy something which at the end of the day doesn't effect us. If he wants one, he wants one, if he doesn't, he doesn't. It's not really up to us to try and 'pursuade' him.
tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

Why are we all sitting around giving him reasons to buy something which at the end of the day doesn't effect us. If he wants one, he wants one, if he doesn't, he doesn't. It's not really up to us to try and 'pursuade' him.Flexiable

Party killer.... 

Avatar image for KhaoticKollapse
KhaoticKollapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KhaoticKollapse
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Honestly. question. 

why concider a Ps3? you said you dont care about graphics. (even though 360 has the same now with the elite)

anyways, heres why.

Xbox 360 was released 1 year before a ps3. therefore, they have a bigger library for NEXT GEN games.

Although xbox backwards compatibility only has 1/2 of the old library, so does Ps3. Millions of ps3 owners have found that alot of their old games don't work on the PS3.

As for the overheating, Xbox360 does overheat, but thats what the cooling fan is for ($20). PS3 also overheats more then the Xbox360.

Online does cost for the Live, and not for PS3, but Live is much better then the PS3's online. PS3 cost what? 200bucks more then XBOX 360? a year for live is only $60. therefore $460 while PS3 is still $600.  

1.) messages and can see if your friends are online

2.) Downloadable Content (?)

3.) More fun Online Play.

BTW previous post, you mentioned Assassins Creed should be a reason to buy this... well PS3 had AC first. lol.  

Also, the CONTROLLER. omg the controller. The 360 wins there. its so comfortable, and the weight is sooo balanced. The sticks are right where you want them, and when playing the game, you only notice the game, not the controller.after a while, you forget you have a controller.

Theres alot more games coming out for 360 also.  

Thats the main reason to get a 360.  

Avatar image for KhaoticKollapse
KhaoticKollapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KhaoticKollapse
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why are we all sitting around giving him reasons to buy something which at the end of the day doesn't effect us. If he wants one, he wants one, if he doesn't, he doesn't. It's not really up to us to try and 'pursuade' him.Flexiable

we're not trying to pursuade him. we're just telling him our experiance. sharing our wisdom (lol) 

gamespotter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamespotter69
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
because your girlfriend bores you sh*tless
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
I use a VGA monitor in my bedroom for games. The visuals look just as good as HDTV's. You don't have to spend a fortune to get HD signals. Just connect your Xbox 360 to a VGA monitor (preferably with some speakers attached for the sound) using the 360 HD AV cable: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/vgahdcable.htm
Avatar image for eliteGamerSKILL
eliteGamerSKILL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 eliteGamerSKILL
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

trust me the gfx look amazing still on a sdtv, i have oneand gears of war and all the othe games look amazing, the real turning point between the two sdtv and hdtv is you cann see anything if ur face is literally 2cm away from the tv, but with a hdtv you would have no problems.

q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts

Here, IGN has an article showing the top 10 reasons to buy a 360. These are just 2 reasons posted on from IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/668/668897p2.html 

1) The Next Generation is now.

The Xbox 360, in my opinion, is a must-have system right now because it's the most powerful, sophisticated, and dedicated game system on the planet. It's built for gamers, tailored to their needs, and it's rich with tools to let them go a little nuts on customizing and choose their community. There is easily a rich top-five list (like mine), and getting online and screwing around with arcade games and online games is just the beginning.

2) Gamercards

Microsoft's GamerCard seems like a simple enough idea. So your name and an image appear as you log onto your account, right? Yes, but there's more. It quickly becomes more for even a semi-committed Xbox Live user. It's your passport, representing your image, your scores, your games of choice, your motto, bio and more. The GamerCard becomes you ID card into the community of Xbox Live and it's how you'll learn and understand the people you play with and against and those you befriend. It's not only fun to create, it's fun to explore other people's GamerCards, which offer their game favorites, game achievements, and their most recent progress on their most recently played games.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I have a sdtv and the 360 was 100% worth the Money,go get one already!
kyle-244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 kyle-244
Member since 2006 • 1198 Posts
why do people ask other people to convince them to buy something, if you wantit buy it if not dont :roll:
darkmaster578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darkmaster578
Member since 2006 • 2049 Posts
I have a normal TV and I still notice the good graphics. The games on the PS3 all seem really boring. Except Motorstorm. But the 360 has a whole bunch of good games.
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts

why concider a Ps3? you said you dont care about graphics. (even though 360 has the same now with the elite)

KhaoticKollapse

KhaoticKollapse, because of your above statement any points or suggestions you made are not valid.

Just because the Elite will have HDMI does not mean it will suddenly have the same graphical power as the PS3.  That is such a retarded concept to believe in... lol.

To the OP: Hold off getting a 360 until MS fixes the major issues witht he system. While there are many users that are still on their first console many others have not been so fortunate. Some 360 owners are on their 4th and 5th xbox360 console. The 360 has great potential, but it's faulty hardware is of great concern. Have a look at the petition to recall the 360 in my sig and you'll get an idea of what I mean.  

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

You just answered your own question and it looks great even on SDTV. 

xXmeatwad225Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xXmeatwad225Xx
Member since 2006 • 1553 Posts
ya i no its just that im conidering a ps3 alsollamanu
  Never get a PS3 i had one for like a month and hated it.  I know that a lot of people will tell you different but to me the online aspect of it was horrible not to mention how expensive it is. So just buy a 360 and save yourself tow hundred bucks.
The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
[QUOTE="KhaoticKollapse"]

tequilasunriser

KhaoticKollapse, because of your above statement any points or suggestions you made are not valid.

Just because the Elite will have HDMI does not mean it will suddenly have the same graphical power as the PS3.  That is such a retarded concept to believe in... lol.

To the OP: Hold off getting a 360 until MS fixes the major issues witht he system. While there are many users that are still on their first console many others have not been so fortunate. Some 360 owners are on their 4th and 5th xbox360 console. The 360 has great potential, but it's faulty hardware is of great concern. Have a look at the petition to recall the 360 in my sig and you'll get an idea of what I mean.  

idol46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 idol46
Member since 2004 • 155 Posts

Just go for it. Only thing that PS3 has over xbox360 is blue ray is standard feature. That's about it.

yeoj7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 yeoj7
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
well here's a reason. majority of the people in here say buy a 360 including me. i say buy the 360. it's the best system for this generation.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
The games, I think are better than that of the PS3
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 anandram

why do people ask other people to convince them to buy something, if you wantit buy it if not dont :roll:kyle-244

Whats up with folk like you:P he obviously doesnt know which one to get, hence this thread! Noones persuading anyone, again, he doesnt know which one to buy, people are only giving honest comments on which is a better buy, and for the minute its obviously the 360.

Also to the TC - you need to play Gears of WAR on the 360.

anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anandram
[QUOTE="KhaoticKollapse"]

tequilasunriser

Fair enough but you get faulty things or issues with ANYTHING that you buy. Dont let that put you off getting a 360, because its not as if your girlfriend will dump you/you'll die/ you'll get a chornic diesease is it?? :P Worst case scenario - you'll have to send it back and you'll get a new one. But i can almost say for certain that with the newer (more than a year in) batches of 360's should be fine. Quit scaring him with the what ifs and with things that might not even occur :D

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10616 Posts

Honestly. question.

anyways, heres why.

Xbox 360 was released 1 year before a ps3. therefore, they have a bigger library for NEXT GEN games.

Although xbox backwards compatibility only has 1/2 of the old library, so does Ps3. Millions of ps3 owners have found that alot of their old games don't work on the PS3.

As for the overheating, Xbox360 does overheat, but thats what the cooling fan is for ($20). PS3 also overheats more then the Xbox360.

Online does cost for the Live, and not for PS3, but Live is much better then the PS3's online. PS3 cost what? 200bucks more then XBOX 360? a year for live is only $60. therefore $460 while PS3 is still $600.

1.) messages and can see if your friends are online

2.) Downloadable Content (?)

3.) More fun Online Play.

BTW previous post, you mentioned Assassins Creed should be a reason to buy this... well PS3 had AC first. lol.

Also, the CONTROLLER. omg the controller. The 360 wins there. its so comfortable, and the weight is sooo balanced. The sticks are right where you want them, and when playing the game, you only notice the game, not the controller.after a while, you forget you have a controller.

Theres alot more games coming out for 360 also.

Thats the main reason to get a 360.

KhaoticKollapse

this right here have some of the most incorrect information in it. 1st of all, ur wrong, more 360 have been reported overheating/hardware failure than the ps3 go look it up online, the facts r not hard 2 find. Secondly, i kind of find it hard 2 believe that 360 have more games coming out than ps3? I think it's around the same amount of games coming out 4 both system(exclusively) if not more 4 the ps3. As 4 everything else i kind of agree with u even though thats all opinionated, but i somewhat share ur opinions as well   Â