I can't get GTA IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigbrain120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 bigbrain120
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
tough luck kid
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

tough luck kidbigbrain120

my thoughts exactly....that's life, we all went through it at one time or another

Potemkin2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Potemkin2005
Member since 2005 • 1771 Posts
If you're too young for this game then your mom is making a great decision. Deal with it and wait till you're old enough to play mature games like this.
Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lepuke
Member since 2004 • 644 Posts
I hear Viva Pinata is pretty rad.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
This is a family issue between you and your mom. Not really a Xbox 360 forum topic.
Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Signs_of_evil
Member since 2005 • 573 Posts

Thats one big shame

Slap your mum and say look, i could either be out on the streets doing drugs and getting girls pregnant, and being put in jail for robberys and Crap or you could by me this game and be a good mum haha.

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
boo hoo. it's a mom doing what she's supposed to be doing. it's called being a parent.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
boo hoo. it's a mom doing what she's supposed to be doing. it's called being a parent.tgschmidt
Agreed, it's rated what it is for a reason.
nickelarcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nickelarcade
Member since 2008 • 528 Posts
boo hoo. it's a mom doing what she's supposed to be doing. it's called being a parent.tgschmidt
agreed, go play halo, there are a lot of whiny kids there too. btw that is a family issue.
DarthMegalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DarthMegalon
Member since 2002 • 1210 Posts
Hit moar birthdays.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
go hijack a car and run over a prostitute in protest!
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

This is a family issue between you and your mom. Not really a Xbox 360 forum topic.msjr78

Agree..

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

sunny, in all honesty, if your not old enough to meet the rating, then your mother is making the right choice, taking on the responsabilty to herself,

that way she can only blame her over-rotective parenting and not GTA when you Inevitably embark upon 35 homicidal acts of hatred at age 16

blueraydude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 blueraydude1
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
hm i can not get vice city for my laptop either because of my parents so just keep asking them just keep asking not too much but say its not that bad of a game and you might want to get gta vice city try that if they will let you so hope you can get it.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#16 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

hm i can not get vice city for my laptop either because of my parents so just keep asking them just keep asking not too much but say its not that bad of a game and you might want to get gta vice city try that if they will let you so hope you can get it.blueraydude1

Might wan't to go to school for some spelling skills as well?

damedude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 damedude123
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

hmm, well obviously u are too young to play these games, or ur mother doesnt think your mature enough, even though i agree with ur mums desicion, if u really honestly feel ur mature enough.....prove it to her.

(although asking strangers on a 360 forum to reason with ur own mother isnt exactly mature.....its quite childish.)

HazeVJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HazeVJ
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

Thats one big shame

Slap your mum and say look, i could either be out on the streets doing drugs and getting girls pregnant, and being put in jail for robberys and Crap or you could by me this game and be a good mum haha.

Signs_of_evil

I completely agree, I don't understand why parents won't let their kids have a video game because at least if you do that then you know where they are and what they're doing... the alternative is much worse, IMO, so if your kid would rather sit inside with a damn game then let him get it!

Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts
I'll think of you when I put my brand new copy of it in my 360 for the first time......:P
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

HazeVJ

I completely agree, I don't understand why parents won't let their kids have a video game because at least if you do that then you know where they are and what they're doing... the alternative is much worse, IMO, so if your kid would rather sit inside with a damn game then let him get it!

you must be the same age as him, lawlz:D

Avatar image for Jedi_Shearstone
Jedi_Shearstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jedi_Shearstone
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
My mum was the same when i was too young for GTA 3 but i just borrowed it later from a friend just be thankful your mum gives a craph theres a reason its rated mature and as such you shouldn't have it live with it you'll learn to appreciae age restrictions when your older i for one and glad about the drinking age now im old enough to drink as who wants a bunch of whiney kids in a club?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
If your that bothered get your dad to buy it. Thats what I used to get round my mum.
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

You could send her on a guilt trip and ask why she said she'd buy it for you and now she won't. Tell her if she thinks the game is causing any problems she can take the game and sell it on ebay and she can take the Xbox away altogether. Show her you're mature enough to be able to play it.

Does she let you play other games like Gears of War or watch R rated movies? Tell her how you played Gears and you still haven't shot anyone in real life! See how responsible and mature you are?! Tell her you already know every word in the book and surprise her (and scare the hell out of her at the same time!) with your knowledge of sex.

How old are you anyway, 14? If you can't even watch R rated movies or play games like GeOW then there's probably no hope. There's a chance though since she had said she would originally.

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
Make a grown-up decision to live with it. Respect your parents, without them you wouldn't have food or a place to live.
Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Signs_of_evil

Make a grown-up decision to live with it. Respect your parents, without them you wouldn't have food or a place to live.ck02623

HAHA

He didn't ask to be born did he lmao

HazeVJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HazeVJ
[QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

NOD_Grindking

OMG what gave it away? My ability to spell correctly or the fact that I had something worthy/logical to say? :P Damn, now everyone knows the truth.

Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

too young buddy, thats what parents are for...to ruin all your fun!

but seriously, your prolly like 14 years old...its a adult game, so go play halo 3 there are lots of kids playing it

Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Signs_of_evil
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

HazeVJ

OMG what gave it away? My ability to spell correctly or the fact that I had something worthy/logical to say? :P Damn, now everyone knows the truth.

HAHA :P

Good point :)

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

HazeVJ

no, in all honesty Haze, that was a misquote. You way you said it makes more sense....what I was replying to was evil's mentioning that its ok because I could always be doing this....

it doesn't work that way, if I get pulled over by a cop for speeding, do I say, hey wtf is your problem? I could always be murdering people.....

once again, misquote, my apologies

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
tell her not having the game will make you want to shoot or stab somebody, or steal a car. If you have the game you won't need to do any of that and you can do it in the game.
HazeVJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HazeVJ
[QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="HazeVJ"][QUOTE="Signs_of_evil"]

Thats one big shame

NOD_Grindking

no, in all honesty Haze, that was a misquote. You way you said it makes more sense....what I was replying to was evil's mentioning that its ok because I could always be doing this....

it doesn't work that way, if I get pulled over by a cop for speeding, do I say, hey wtf is your problem? I could always be murdering people.....

once again, misquote, my apologies

Haha ok it's cool. :)

tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

tell her not having the game will make you want to shoot or stab somebody, or steal a car. If you have the game you won't need to do any of that and you can do it in the game.JuanaSmoke

That'd be funny to us, not so much to his mom or him when she tells him there's no way he's getting it now. Of course then he could just go shoot or stab somebody, or steal a car and be all like LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME!!!

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

[QUOTE="blueraydude1"]hm i can not get vice city for my laptop either because of my parents so just keep asking them just keep asking not too much but say its not that bad of a game and you might want to get gta vice city try that if they will let you so hope you can get it.Expo_Smacko

irony is a funny thing

Signs_of_evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Signs_of_evil
[QUOTE="Expo_Smacko"]

[QUOTE="blueraydude1"]hm i can not get vice city for my laptop either because of my parents so just keep asking them just keep asking not too much but say its not that bad of a game and you might want to get gta vice city try that if they will let you so hope you can get it.vitriolboy

irony is a funny thing

LMAO!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Well kid I guess your mom don't think you're mature enough yet to handle it so go whine, act out, sulk and throw a fit and prove her right. ;)
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

Hooray for good parents! Really the only thing you can do in this situation is do what your mom says or hurry up and turn 18.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Simple go to the shop find an old person and get to buy it. :)

Avatar image for tunasandwich395
tunasandwich395

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tunasandwich395
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
what ever man it's just some game, it's gonna be the same as all the other ones. But if you really want it then get it off eBay, that's where I get all my M games
fanboy999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fanboy999
Member since 2003 • 1444 Posts

It's all because your Mum knows that if you were to even play just a little bit it would reprogram your brain. You would instantly go out and get a hooker, do drugs, and purchase weapons. You would go on a killing spree until the cops showed up. Then after you shot the cops then the FBI would show up and then the military. That's just too much for a Mum to think about.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
sucks for you...it's rated mature for a reason though
BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

The only advice I can give is to tell your mother to go out and buy the book "Grand Theft Childhood"

Here is a link: http://www.grandtheftchildhood.com/GTC/Home.html

I was watching X-Play last night and they interviewed the authors of the book and they said in their studies kids who did not play videogames are actually more prone to getting in trouble in school and the like.

Hope this helps but if not...wait till your rated M

Stephcasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stephcasc
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
Tell her there's a feature to turn off the profanity. That's what I did years ago to get Duke Nukem 3D
DuxRow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DuxRow
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts

That "mom doing her job" thing is so old. I am 20 now, but way back in the day I wasn't denied any videogame or even R movie because it was "too mature" for me. I grew up watching NYPD Blue, ER, Beavis and Butthead, and later Southpark when that first arrived when I was a little kid. That little ESRB rating was nothing more than an annoyance because I had to be 17 to buy it. I remember when my mom first bought me a GTA. The clerk said, "This game is supposed to be pretty vulgar with prositutes and murder." my mom simply replied, "Well my son isn't a dumbass"

Anyway point is GTA never ruined my life. In fact I wasn't even shocked by what was in GTA. It's pretty tame compared to the light it's often put in. However if your mom won't let you have it than either she listens to the media too much, or you are one of those dumbasses who will take GTA to heart.

It's a game. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NOD_Grindking

However if your mom won't let you have it than either she listens to the media too much, or you are one of those dumbasses who will take GTA to heart.

It's a game. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

DuxRow

I think its the latter part that every parent worries about....although my kids are very small (under 5) I would be worried if they were 11 or 12 and I would not allow them to play. However, like you said, I do agree that there is a limit....if my son or daughter wanted to play, and they were 14 or 15, I would most likely allow them to (and play with them!)

jeffboardin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jeffboardin
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
My advise is to get older. If your under age and your mom doesn't want you to play that game then that's how it is.
Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
If your parents say no then that's it dude. Listen to your parents they only want what is best for you. The game is meant for people who are 17 or older anyway. I don't know how old you are but unless you are like at least 15 I wouldn't push your mom for it.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
My only advice for you is to play it at a friends because from the looks of it you probably aren't getting the game.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
whats your number? i want to call your mom and congradulate her on doing her job as a parent!!
Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nwordjohn
Member since 2008 • 575 Posts
Do the same thing you would do if your mom told you that you're not allowed to drink! Find an adult who is a lot cooler then your lame nazi mother to buy the game for you. Kids these days.